Two girls(12&14) for bullying a girl to commit suicide

19 replies to this topic
lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

http://edition.cnn.c...cnn-disqus-area
I never knew bullying can get you arrested.

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Another one bites the dust.. rest in peace Rebecca Sedwick.

As for bullying - yes, it can get you arrested. It's basically a crime.

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Oh, it's a post by Lucid to do with a girl commiting suicide from bullying. I wonder what his post say- oh, just as I expected.

Of course they were arrested. They told her to kill herself, and she did. It's the bullies' fault she died, why wouldn't that be punishable?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

They weren't arrested for bullying, it was called aggravated stalking.
Kinda the same thing though.

Well that's too bad somebody died I guess.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 19 October 2013 - 12:41 AM.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ges-police-say/

The mother of one of the arrested girls was also arrested for child abuse, and apparently she (Rebecca) was bullied by at least 15 individual people. It sounds like she was just starting Middle School too. :(

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by Lagful, 20 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

I don't understand why people take their own lives just because they are getting bullied. Just people in general nowadays are too f*cking sensitive.

• universetwisters and PaletoChickenCapo like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

This chick used to get bullied.. she came out on top though. :^: 

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

feel sorry for any individual who gets bullied and can't go to anyone for comfort or support in those troublesome teenage years, no wonder it doesn't claim for lives. girls can get so nasty with each other, they deserve to be made an example of

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

I don't understand why people take their own lives just because they are getting bullied. Just people in general nowadays are too f*cking sensitive.

There's a bit of a difference between teasing and repeated harassment. 

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

King of the Forums

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

I kind of agree, and if someone is getting bullied on the internet, they actually have the tools to ignore it.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Why don't these kids just go to a responsible adult, hell maybe even the police, for some help? Why do they feel the need to kill themselves? If you don't value your own life, why do you expect other people will? I've always thought of these cyber-bullying teen suicides as acts of spite more than anything.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heit leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Winter Haven? Goddamn, all the news seems to come out near where I live.

On Topic, I remember hearing about this in my psychology class and whether or not the parents should be responsible for the bully's actions. I personally don't think they should be, unless they encouraged it.

"Yes IK I bullied REBECCA nd she killed her self but IDGAF,"

sh*tc*nt, is this really how kids act these days? With all this "YOLO SWAG #IDGAF" bullsh*t? Really makes me a shame I'm growing up at this point in time.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

That's terrible that she killed herself, but she had other options. She could've said something to an authority figure. Too many kids end up killing themselves over petty little incidents.

Winter Haven? Goddamn, all the news seems to come out near where I live.

On Topic, I remember hearing about this in my psychology class and whether or not the parents should be responsible for the bully's actions. I personally don't think they should be, unless they encouraged it.

"Yes IK I bullied REBECCA nd she killed her self but IDGAF,"

sh*tc*nt, is this really how kids act these days? With all this "YOLO SWAG #IDGAF" bullsh*t? Really makes me a shame I'm growing up at this point in time.

Agreed.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by biggsull, 21 October 2013 - 05:15 AM.

The problem is that schools dont punish kids accordingly for what they do on school property.

I was bullied as a kid, to the point where I wanted to kill myself too.. there was no such thing as cyber bullying and tbh if you go looking for that kind of abuse you have no one to blame but yourself.

If you go on your abusers twitter and facebook etc to see what they have to say, follow them to chat rooms etc.. thats your fault, ignore it and it never happened.. confront it at school, it should be 3 strikes find a new school district... and then no one has to go to jail over bullsh*t that wasnt their fault.

Story in the news: 18 year old girl kills herself, mother blames the fact she had sex with her teacher YEARS before, when they havent been in contact since.

Sex was consensual, 16 with an older man.. some places thats totally legal.. however it was considered statutory rape ONLY because the mother claimed she killed herself over it.. when it was actually something totally different. Not only is the mother guilty of not listening and not trying to help her child enough but this guy gets a reasonable sentence of 3 months for consensual sex with an almost not even minor.

The judge was an old dude, he understood the facts, understood this guy was being railroaded by a stupid mother who had to blame someone..

CNN reports the story : TEACHER GETS 3 MONTHS FOR RAPING STUDENT

Yea, because consensual sex with a 16 year old is the same thing as forced sex in general where you physically harm them, possibly breaking bones or killing them.

Thats the type of bullsh*t that needs to stop, this whole cyber bullying thing is turning into a f*cking witchhunt

Another example.. amanda todd or w.e her name was.. this girl screws around with some other girls BF behind her back and then doesnt understand why the victim girls friends all gang up on her.

Follows their online words, makes sure to keep up on how these people feel about her.. she was a slut, she was the antagonist.. she caused all her problems.. pretty sure naked pics were involved and such.. and it followed her to another school because hey, imagine some guy pounded your GF out and you found out about it.. do you think youd just drop it? or mayb youd cut his face with a razor.

Bitch f*cks around with someone who has a GF, guys GF and her friends make her life hell for her own actions.. justified.. her choice to kill herself instead of moving farther away or something.. thats all on her.

Sacrifizzle
  • Sacrifizzle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Ugh, it's sad that children so young feel driven to this.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Ugh, it's sad that children so young feel driven to this.

The sad part is that it's easily preventable by shifting the attention to the abuser instead of the victim.. and dropping cyber bullying as a valid complaint, thats the victims fault and no one elses.

Stop it before it becomes the headlines, take the bully out of that school and ban them from the district, force home schooling or moving away. The thought of having to move away based on being a bully alone will stop it.

3 chances, first time 3 day suspension, second 2 weeks, third goodbye find a new county or do it yourself.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

In a way I blame the schools. There's never been a perfect no-bullying system. After so long there must be a way to combat it, but it never changes.

"Just ignore them it'll be fine" doesn't f*cking work.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

#1 Metalhead

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Can't these children go to some psychiatrist instead of killing themselves? It's not the end of the world when you are bullied, you just basically wanted to deviate to the social norm.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Can't these children go to some psychiatrist instead of killing themselves? It's not the end of the world when you are bullied, you just basically wanted to deviate to the social norm.

They're perfectly capable of going to a responsible authority figure, even if that means the police. Some, not all, of these bully suicides are most likely actions of spite to make the bullies feel bad and to make people feel bad about not helping the child.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Because mental health issues aren't ignored, stigmatized and treated like taboos in the modern world.

Also, going to an authority figure only does so much when someone's dedicated to making your life miserable. Just look at the Amanda Todd case, she and her family tried their hardest to get away from all that happened before her death and it still followed her wherever she went so much so that she felt like she had no choice but to kill herself. When it comes to these issues people only seem to want to play a game of 'blame the victim,' and completely ignore all of the real issues behind it that truly need to be addressed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users