Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* Engineer is Working on the “Next Version of a Famous IP”

63 replies to this topic
Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hello?! It's AGENT! I know because that spy car you drove in that one mission had the name on the license plate. Why would they do that if they weren't working on it?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hello?! It's AGENT! I know because that spy car you drove in that one mission had the name on the license plate. Why would they do that if they weren't working on it?

Yes, it has to be! Especially since it's a "famous IP' and we need a new version of it, even though it ain't f*cking released yet!

• Grand Theft Savage likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yes, it has to be! Especially since it's a "famous IP' and we need a new version of it, even though it ain't f*cking released yet!

sh*t. You're right.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Even though I most likely an not getting next gen consoles, I still hope they give up on working with the current gen because the hardware is too limited and they've already shown their max potential with GTA V and RDR. It's best if they release one of these "famous" titles in the second or third year of the release of the PS4/One.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by DymeDef, 18 October 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Lol

One group:
New version means sequel

Another group:
You stupid fawk, it means next gen

Lol, I love this.

I would bet this is an indication towards them working on the new consoles and PC (even though there is crazy amounts of evidence already) for V.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Bully 2 or Red Dead 2

Red Dead Redemption is Red Dead 2. 

RDR might as well be read dead one.  The first one was a sh*tty linear cowboy game.

RDR was a ''cowboy game'' too. :D

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Manhunt 3!

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

It's way too early for another Red Dead or Max Payne.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Bully 2.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Red dead 3
Hopefully
"Maybe rockstar skipped the first agent and have started on agent 2"
Ahahahah that made me LOL

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Red Dead 3, GTA V DLC/PC version, or maybe a Max Payne 4 would be my guess with the "famous" label. I'd love to see a new Midnight Club game at this point though. It's been 5 years now since MC:LA came out.

We will know if Max Payne 4 is coming out, because Rockstar will release a trailer for GTA6 about 4 years early.  :bored:

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

I would like a Bully sequel. They said depending on Max Payne 3's sales, they will consider doing a sequel for Bully. 

Last I heard, MP3 didn't do very good, but there's still a possibility of it happening.

I think next version in this sense, means a sequel to a famous IP. What are some really famous IPs that Rockstar has right now?

It could be a number of things. People saying Agent are just plain silly... Agent isn't a sequel to anything, and it also hasn't been released, and isn't famous in anyway. So how can there be a next version of something that's not even been released/completed yet? 

Gotta have the original to have a sequel brah. 

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Bully 2 or Red Dead 2

RDR might as well be read dead one.  The first one was a sh*tty linear cowboy game.

You seem to have missed the "sh*tty linear" part .... :bored:

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Warriors, come out to playay!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Who cares? It will be several years before they make an actual announcement.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

'Next version' it's go to be GTA V for PC.

'Next version' not 'Next game', a version is basically like a sort of an add-on or whatever, it's too early for a DLC for V. How can it be Red Dead Redemption 3? 'Next-version' not 'Next-game'.

'Famous IP' GTA V is easily Rockstar's most famous IP.

Now you may ask 'If it was the PC version why not announce it right away' the answer is simple, it's Rockstar. They like to keep things a little secretive until they feel the time is right to announce it.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

I hope they'd release it for current-gen consoles, too! I'm not going to jump onto Next-gen, yet.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Bully 2 or Red Dead 2

You seem to have missed the "sh*tty linear" part .... :bored:

Actually I didn't. The thing is that he insults it for being a ''cowboy game'' too and do U mean that RDR was a ''sh*tty linear''?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

looolz, what if the "Next Version" means a "new patch" looolz dat would be just lmao I fink Im gonna write this joke to a TV station or somethin I dunno what do u fink?

I think that you fail at trolling.

tuareg
  • tuareg

deus vult when

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by tuareg, 19 October 2013 - 11:21 PM.

A bit off topic, but i doubt the next red dead game is going to be next gen. They probably started working on it right after redemption was released and if current gen consoles can run GTAV with no problem then i don't think a similar sized red dead title could cause much trouble.

It's a shame how much current gen held back GTAV though. By the sound of things a lot of things that were originally planned had to be cut.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

A bit off topic, but i doubt the next red dead game is going to be next gen. They probably started working on it right after redemption was released and if current gen consoles can run GTAV with no problem then i don't think a similar sized red dead title could cause much trouble.

It's a shame how much current gen held back GTAV though. By the sound of things a lot of things that were originally planned had to be cut.

I was hoping to play RDR, but I couldn't get one(used to be a PC gamer).

I just skipped through it. The story was one of the best(watched it through Youtube).

And now, I'm hoping to play a new, current-gen RDR title.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

V PC, Bring it on!

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

You must be really stupid if you think Rockstar will release Red Dead 3 game on the current-gen consoles.

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'd think that if he was working on a PC version of GTA V we would just highlight that he worked on two versions of it before aswell (PS3/360), I hope it's something new and exciting. Dont give the "famous" part of it too much thought, R* brands anything they have done famous so that doesn't narrow it down.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Trust him... he's an engineer.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

New version <> sequel I think.

So it's must be revamped, better GTA V for PC.

Or Warriors HD.

Or Bully remake.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Bully or The Warriors. I really hope they bring back The Warriors.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by Andreas., 20 October 2013 - 10:33 PM.

People are saying next gen version of GTA V but i don't think so. Rockstar aren't  ones for jumping on new consoles

http://www.xbox360ac.../cover_orig.jpg

Canis Canem Edit was the only game ever from Rockstar, which was a cross-generation title, as far as I know. Rockstar originally planned to release the game for PS2, Xbox and presumably PC, but they decided to cancel it on the Xbox to release this game for Xbox 360. The X360 version launched about one and a half years after the PS2 version, and the PC version released another half a year later, in October 2008 to be specific. To be honest, I don't think that the superior graphics were worth the long delay.

However, it still is possible that GTAV is a cross-gen game, if Rockstar is doing everything right. The difference between V and Bully is the consoles each game was released for. For instance, Bully launched for the PS2 at first, and it was later then released for the successor of the Xbox, which was far more complexe to program. This is a non-issue with V, because the PS4 and Xbox One have an architecture that is similar to the one of the PC platform. Basically, what I want to say is, if Rockstar has created the PC version from scratch like the bug report file in the PS3 version suggest, which would mean it's been developed the same way as Max Payne 3, then they could easily port this game to the next-generation consoles with little effort.

We are due for a Midnight Club game.

Midnight Club is a disbanded thang, bro. No more Midnight Clubz for yo pleasurity.

The Midnight Club series was at risk a few years ago, I remember. In fact, Rockstar was about to cancel the series altogether, since MC:LA was not very successful.

Found an article about this subject.

"The management slowly dismantled the MC team for reasons unknown to most," added another. When we asked if there are any more Midnight Club games planned for development at Rockstar San Diego, we were told, "At first, the team was told there was going to be another. That lasted a few months until the team was told, 'Well, we're going to do another, but it will be all outsourced ... but there will be a core team of 5 - 15 people at RSSD working on it.' Then, after a while longer, it was just not going to happen at all. Rumors abound about what will happen to Midnight Club, but Take-Two want something soon because it was the second highest money maker for Rockstar."

The issues surrounding Midnight Club stem from a number of things, according to our sources. "New York management not giving us realistic release schedules" is prime among them, with repeated accusations of last minute changes and mismanaged planning. "Anyone from the New York office is feared, because people in the San Diego office know that they are unstable and needy ... in other words, if a comment comes from a person from New York, it's a mandate that needs to be immediately addressed regardless of previous priorities."

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

RDR 3.

Or Smuggler's Run 3.Because that's really famous and stuff.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

It could be RDR for PC or GTA V for PC and Next-gen.

Iteration=New title in a specific series

Version=PC version, 360 version, PS3 version...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users