Photo

*PETITION* RAISE PRICES. FIX ECONOMY

206 replies to this topic
hewentthatway666
  • hewentthatway666

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

So many people became crazy rich from glitching.

But

Even without the cash from glitching

The payout from missions etc destroys any true reward system & healthy economy

EVERYTHING is too readily available,  everything is too cheap.

Cash holds WAY too much buying power in this game.

We need to stabilize things by increasing the average price of goods.

Alternatively we could lower the pay out by missions & selling cars etc.

Either way, things are out of sync atm.

I purpose something in the region of:

Entity 3m

Assault Rife 120k

Sticky Bombs 3.5k

Average luxury apartment 10m

This will develop a healthy reward system whereby goods actually mean something.

Post below stating whether you agree or not.

COME ON ROCKSTAR MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

• Strix aluco likes this

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I agree with you. glitchers and exploiters destroy the game! There is no balance.

• Strix aluco likes this

iShootxWMP
  • iShootxWMP

Gamertag = I Shoot xWMP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

the cash return on jobs are ridiculously low now, very disappointed 

• maxis_7 likes this

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by Jagblade, 18 October 2013 - 07:58 PM.

They lowered mission payouts already.

Absolutely not.

Why do you want to make the game even less fun than it already is?

• 600noodles and THEFAM_MCMJ like this

Ghostdoggx
  • Ghostdoggx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

so payouts got lowered and you wanna raise price on items.... seems legit.

• lucifieraies likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Yeah nah bro

hewentthatway666
  • hewentthatway666

Thug

• BUSTED!

You guys need to think long term, not just about what you want.

Right now everything is easy to gain access to with a few mission etc.

Pretty soon it will come to the point where everybody in the game has purchased the most expensive thing and has a load of excess cash lying around with not much to do with it.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

I think the cost of most all of the items in the game in relation to how much you get from missions/racing/robbing seems to be in good balance. 

You can't take the glitch/exploiters into play when figuring these things. 

I figure that if I play for a night, I'll be able to decently upgrade a car I steal off the street. Seems legit. If I want a nice apartment, I'll need to save my money for 4 or 5 sessions. Again, seems just about right. 

• maxis_7 likes this

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

They will roll out updates and DLC soon enough.  That should provide some longevity... in theory anyway.  We'll see how they ACTUALLY handle it.

• maxis_7 likes this

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Pretty soon it will come to the point where everybody in the game has purchased the most expensive thing and has a load of excess cash lying around with not much to do with it.

What's wrong with that? Games should be fun, not a chore.

Warlord9883
  • Warlord9883

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Are you nuts? People glitch because money is hard to come by as is. You need to grind atleast a week to get the most expensive appartment. There's not enought variety to keep playing the same sh*t over and over. I hope heists change this.

• THEFAM_MCMJ likes this

hewentthatway666
  • hewentthatway666

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I think the cost of most all of the items in the game in relation to how much you get from missions/racing/robbing seems to be in good balance. 

You can't take the glitch/exploiters into play when figuring these things. 

I figure that if I play for a night, I'll be able to decently upgrade a car I steal off the street. Seems legit. If I want a nice apartment, I'll need to save my money for 4 or 5 sessions. Again, seems just about right. 

Thats not about right,

This is a game with longevity in mind, by your logic after playing for about 3, 4 weeks you will have purchased much of what you need.  That does not contribute towards a games longevity.

There always needs to be a healthy reward system creating things for people to work towards.  There is not here.

stripedhemi
  • stripedhemi

BF Surfer Cruisers

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

I agree, im somewhat anyhoo

not sure exactly at what level things could be evened up as im only level 15 atm, im not fussed about having expensive cars/guns etc as I ride around in old cars and use a pistol all the time..

however im in it for the long haul, played gta4 from release date to release of gta5 so id like to see far more longevity other than making your own things up... 

I currently have a 6 car garage and am saving for a 10 car one, at 200k that's a lot to me as I only do the odd low paid mission here n there..  i'd like to own more than one house later on as I want more garage space and having the ultimate house should be the ultimate achievement thru a lot of play..

so yes I agree, if money is easy made and things bought within weeks the game has less life for some... 

• 007_eleven likes this

SmokeCheeba
  • SmokeCheeba

Just chillin'

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by SmokeCheeba, 18 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

So all the glitchers will not care about the price changes, and those of us who play legit get f*cked over...

No thx.

• Soran Is On, lilpokerface and cwo-reynolds like this

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't know Mr. Greenspan. I do agree that glitchers ruined it and farmers made it harder to accumulate more money easily and legitimately. Even R* said that they had no problem with farming. However, farming has made getting money easier(if you repeat it enough, you get better and more efficient at it). I think raising prices will discourage other gamers. Which may bring less real dollars to R*'s wallet. As pointed out in an earlier post, reward $ is pretty low as it is. I think putting a limit to how many cars you can sell in a day is something already in place that seems suitable.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

just shut up bro ur a troll and nobody is going to agree with you

hewentthatway666
  • hewentthatway666

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

I don't know Mr. Greenspan. I do agree that glitchers ruined it and farmers made it harder to accumulate more money easily and legitimately. Even R* said that they had no problem with farming. However, farming has made getting money easier(if you repeat it enough, you get better and more efficient at it). I think raising prices will discourage other gamers. Which may bring less real dollars to R*'s wallet. As pointed out in an earlier post, reward $ is pretty low as it is. I think putting a limit to how many cars you can sell in a day is something already in place that seems suitable.

Conversely I do not believe current customers will stay as long as there is no reward left after about a months work

N_Raist
  • N_Raist

toxicosmos

• Members

No. R* needs to fix the economy, but not that way. Yes, long term is VERY important; anyway, long term should mean having a lot of things to buy (I mean: I have my apartment, my car, my suit and my weapons; I need nothing else), not by having to save for WEEKS just to buy something.

Even with long terms games, you have to feel rewarded each short amount of time, and you don't feel rewarded if, after two weeks, you aren't able to buy that apartment. To that extent, you could prize the apt at 100M. Yeah, it would imply a more realistic economy and so, but you would take away a big part of the fun.

Tldr: yeah, fix the economy. Putting more things you can buy.

Sorry for my bad English :)

Tebryne
  • Tebryne

Rat

• Members

Ak47 irl is like 1k Bugatti irl is around 1million.

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

lol wtf economy you talking about.makes me laugh when anyone says this about this game at this point there is no economy to speak of

i say R* total lack of experience in online game management is being exposed i figure when BF4 is realeased they will lose 50+ % there playerbase those that stayed and havent already moved along maybe they will eventually hire someone who knows WTF there doing

content creator and hiests might help but theres way to many issues that require attention before this and judging by there look on payout hiests what are they gonna pay 10k

so many bad decisions imo 

jworthman3
  • jworthman3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

That's just silly. Because people chose to glitch out the game and gain massive amounts of money you want to ruin it for the average player?

Not all of us have all day to play video games, I feel that if anything the way things are now it's very hard to earn money legit.  Other players wealth doesn't effect your gameplay, apart from the fact that maybe they have a huge stock pile of sticky bombs or ammo. If you don't want to race souped up cars then turn custom vehicles off.

I haven't chose to glitch because I feel it takes the fun out of the game, but a lot of my friends have. To be honest, what'd you expect. It's grand theft auto where the goal is to lie steal cheat your way to the top. The game pretty much promotes that kind of behavior, so I'm not surprised that the glitches aren't getting banned.

RedChuCKz_
  • RedChuCKz_

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

What balance are you guys talking about, someone has a car what does it affect you it doesn't  and to buy an assault rifle you have to be a certain level anyways so it doesn't make sence, please just GTFO.

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

OP. Not sure if you noticed but they are trying to make the economy mirror real life. An assault rifle for 150k is ridiculous. Should they make Sprunk and Ecola's $500 too. I sure the hell hope not.

Buaysgyke
  • Buaysgyke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

I disagree with this. I understand where your coming from, but I don't think many people will spend enough time on this game to make up for it. I mean, if u say the entity should cost $3million, I probably won't be able to afford that for a few months at the rate that I play the game. I find it hard enough as it is to make cash at the minute, feels like everytime I earn some cash I'm having to spend it mainly on guns and ammo for my missions. And with the Ps4 on its way I don't think there will be as many people playing this game soon...

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Trick

• Members

I agree with you. glitchers and exploiters destroy the game! There is no balance.

Actually it wasn't the glitchers or exploiters, it was the crybaby bitches who pissed and moan that people who were able to get online were ranking up and making money fast through "grinding". R* took away the ability to replay missions to cater to the crybaby retards that do not understand the concept of "grinding". Then came the LSC glitch which if they hadn't took away replays would probably have not been as wide spread as it was. If the crybabies wouldn't have stormed R*'s forums and emails none of this would have happened. Sure R* would have patched the glitches regardless, but what they did instead was go overkill to appease the titty babies. To add insult to injury they did nothing to people who actually glitched, which makes the titty babies cry even more.

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

OP. Not sure if you noticed but they are trying to make the economy mirror real life. An assault rifle for 150k is ridiculous. Should they make Sprunk and Ecola's $500 too. I sure the hell hope not.

I can't...

I'm trying to read this but I can't.

I need blinders, like a horse. So I can only look straight ahead.

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

So many people became crazy rich from glitching.

But

Even without the cash from glitching

The payout from missions etc destroys any true reward system & healthy economy

EVERYTHING is too readily available,  everything is too cheap.

Cash holds WAY too much buying power in this game.

We need to stabilize things by increasing the average price of goods.

Alternatively we could lower the pay out by missions & selling cars etc.

Either way, things are out of sync atm.

I purpose something in the region of:

Entity 3m

Assault Rife 120k

Sticky Bombs 3.5k

Average luxury apartment 10m

This will develop a healthy reward system whereby goods actually mean something.

Post below stating whether you agree or not.

COME ON ROCKSTAR MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

heh. funny. what about those who didn't glitch and only have 100k or less. that would make getting this stuf near impossible. especially b/c they nerfed all the payouts. this would make the game even more lop-sided than it already is.

DaPieGuy
  • DaPieGuy

You Got Twoglopped!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

The player still needs to actually feel like they have been rewarded something or they will get bored and not play. With the mission payouts so low now you lose money if you buy some ammo for a weapon and those prices you mentioned are insane. 3.5k for a sticky bomb??? The average mission gives 5k which is terrible and now it halves if you do the mission again. R* needs to sort this out. Increase the job payouts or release more jobs as this is getting ridiculous.

• N_Raist likes this

Sanchez78
  • Sanchez78

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Inflation is bad, and you want the worst combination higher prices without matching wages. I like deflation, is the cure to all your ills. I say lower prices to match lower wages.

In fact supply and demand are not even relevant since supply is magically created by Rockstar

"load of excess cash lying around with not much to do with it." can also be solved by lowering  wages and prices or even  simpler add more supplies to buy.

Your just a loon if you think I want inflated prices 1million for pistol and upgrades 250 thousands. Try selling higher prices to the populace and Ill be right there talking about how deflation is their solution.

hewentthatway666
  • hewentthatway666

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Inflation is bad, and you want the worst combination higher prices without matching wages. I like deflation, is the cure to all your ills. I say lower prices to match lower wages.

In fact supply and demand are not even relevant since supply is magically created by Rockstar

"load of excess cash lying around with not much to do with it." can also be solved by lowering  wages and prices or even  simpler add more supplies to buy.

Your just a loon if you think I want inflated prices 1million for pistol and upgrades 250 thousands. Try selling higher prices to the populace and Ill be right there talking about how deflation is their solution.

not necessarily 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users