Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why are you guys mad at the glitchers/exploiters?

42 replies to this topic
Zenom
  • Zenom

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Just wondering why you guys are mad ? Like, it would ruin the economy ? What economy ? There is no stock market atm, so why would it ruin the economy ? It only gets the glitcher/exploiter sh*ttons of money, cars and ammo. Nothing wrong with that?

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well it kinda ruins nice cars a teensy bit. Like when you see a dude who's all strapped and has a bunch of fully customized super expensive cars you automatically know he's just a glitcher. He's not really far in the game or anything, he just cheated. Like how in games like this where you can also buy in-game money you see impressive people and you know they just paid real money to get like that... 

Zenom
  • Zenom

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well it kinda ruins nice cars a teensy bit. Like when you see a dude who's all strapped and has a bunch of fully customized super expensive cars you automatically know he's just a glitcher. He's not really far in the game or anything, he just cheated. Like how in games like this where you can also buy in-game money you see impressive people and you know they just paid real money to get like that... 

So how does this affect you?

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

it makes me mad, since we play fair and grind away at what money we get in missions and races.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

its the jones effect bro. they want what their neighbor has. they just either dont want to or are afraid of repercussions for glitching. they still covet the super cars and the RPG and the tank. their mind set is just that if they didnt get it MY way they shouldnt get it at all. its selfish most of those people are selfish, most the glitchers are selfish. most humans are selfish and part of humans enjoyment is that they have someone that others want. non glitchers just know at this point they will never be on the end of the having something others want as long as glitchers got their first. so in hopes of being on the top of that look at me pile they want glitchers to be banned or reset so that they will be the ones people covet instead of the glitchers.

because quite frankly it doesnt effect people besides ego one bit. dont like a guy in a supped up car racing then turn off custom cars. problem solved.

guys in a tank, switch lobbies problem solved.

guys just going around in a nice z type minding his own business dont like him anyway for no reason other then jealously you still have the right to boot him off the server.

so every single gripe about glitchers can be combated if you really desire to be the only guy on the server with "cool pixels of stuff". so it really doesnt effect anyone about who has what kinda money.

Zenom
  • Zenom

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

it makes me mad, since we play fair and grind away at what money we get in missions and races.

Well, it makes you mad. But why does you care of other people? You can't control other players.

Zenom
  • Zenom

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

its the jones effect bro. they want what their neighbor has. they just either dont want to or are afraid of repercussions for glitching. they still covet the super cars and the RPG and the tank. their mind set is just that if they didnt get it MY way they shouldnt get it at all. its selfish most of those people are selfish, most the glitchers are selfish. most humans are selfish and part of humans enjoyment is that they have someone that others want. non glitchers just know at this point they will never be on the end of the having something others want as long as glitchers got their first. so in hopes of being on the top of that look at me pile they want glitchers to be banned or reset so that they will be the ones people covet instead of the glitchers.

because quite frankly it doesnt effect people besides ego one bit. dont like a guy in a supped up car racing then turn off custom cars. problem solved.

guys in a tank, switch lobbies problem solved.

guys just going around in a nice z type minding his own business dont like him anyway for no reason other then jealously you still have the right to boot him off the server.

so every single gripe about glitchers can be combated if you really desire to be the only guy on the server with "cool pixels of stuff". so it really doesnt effect anyone about who has what kinda money.

Yeah I understand what you're trying to say, but in real life, If you could be exploit the "real world" and get what you always wanted, I guess you would of done that, don't ya? And the tanks, stick a sticky bomb.. problem solved. Still doesn't affect you, only the 500$ medical bills if he decided to blow you up. And face it, if you was in that tank and you saw a player in a crappy car, you would of blown it up too.. right?

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I don't get mad, I get annoyed at the fact they like to brag about how much they have. It's utterly stupid to hear someone try to brag about their garage of super cars or their tanks or whatever....then they tell you that you're stupid for not exploiting the game. f*cking urethras. 

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Well, it makes you mad. But why does you care of other people? You can't control other players.

because they're cheating. :sarcasm:

Subliminal123456
  • Subliminal123456

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Just wondering why you guys are mad ? Like, it would ruin the economy ? What economy ? There is no stock market atm, so why would it ruin the economy ? It only gets the glitcher/exploiter sh*ttons of money, cars and ammo. Nothing wrong with that?

It affects everyone who doesnt cheat because all MMO publishers apply the nerfhammer to rewards AFTER the cheating f*cks have their fill, the rewards are nerfed so that ppl who play properly and within the spirit of the thing suffer. We have seen half a dozen nerfs to payouts so far and there will be many more. No one ever learns and then you have another muffed up game until the next one comes out then the muppets will move along there and infect that one; ad infinitum.

MMO publishers never learn, they have the means in the data they capture and should use it - identify the scammers and bring the banhammer down for life!

Zenom
  • Zenom

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I don't get mad, I get annoyed at the fact they like to brag about how much they have. It's utterly stupid to hear someone try to brag about their garage of super cars or their tanks or whatever....then they tell you that you're stupid for not exploiting the game. f*cking urethras. 

You realize that GTA is a 17+ game?

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Are you for real?

Zenom
  • Zenom

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Are you for real?

Yes.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's annoying how glitchers have maxed out stats for their cars and are able to win every race

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Who cares about having super cars anyways? Everyone is saving to get one anyways so in the end everyone will be driving the same cars.

I feel pretty content with my tailgater, sultan and sandking.

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

When the stock market comes it's going to affect everyone.

dontneedanotherusername
  • dontneedanotherusername

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

This can't even be a serious question >< bad troll back under your bridge.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

They want recognition for being good and spending hours getting money and XP. They wanted to show off their chromed adder first and make people jealous. Its like when someone likes something(a band,a tv show) than it becomes really popular and everyone loves it and they want to say "yea, well i liked it before it was popular"..yea? and?

If someone has a fancy car in a race turn off custom cars, problem solved. Having a nice car or the 400k apartment really cannot make the game awful for anyone. In a month everyones gonna have the nice stuff. Its also funny how people assume glitching reflects on the person doing it.

Ive punched old ladies in gta,shot people than poured gas on them and set them on fire, but me selling a bike over and over makes me a terrible person. :blink:

Statisfaction
  • Statisfaction

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Well, being able to issue non-stop bounties, having merryweather on speed dial, and being able to call in infinite airstrikes and tanks is a bit of an advantage, I suppose...

Shroomerz420
  • Shroomerz420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Try looking at it this way.

If I stole something that you then had to pay for, or work really really hard for...how would you feel? I'm guessing not to good.

Sort of like how 99% of Americans feel about the other 1%.

Hopefully that puts it into perspective for you. It's not that you're a virtual millionaire but how you obtained it. Even worse is your attitude about it.

jworthman3
  • jworthman3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'd like to start off by saying that I find it very funny that the glitchers are openly admiting that they've cheated and there is no fear of reprocussion. I mean what do you expect from GTA though? It's a game about lying, stealing, killing, and cheating your way to the top. The game is basically promoting that kind of behavior, so I'm not surprised glitching is so common in this game. Personally I didn't glitch because what's the point of playing if all your goals are instantly met? It takes the fun and reward out of it for me.

Now with that said, all the glitchers that are "confused" why people are upset with them glitching, you are full of it. You know why they are upset, because you are having a major impact on the game, and you might deny that, but deep down you know it. The most obvious effect is your custom car, it's giving you a huge advantage in the game, be it a race or a mission where you have to get to the package first, you're going to have a step up on the legit player. You can say well just turn custom cars off, well I worked hard for the car i'm driving and I should be able to play with it if i want to. Secondly, your guns are going to be maxed out and probably have an infinite stockpile of ammo. I try not to use a lot of sticky bombs on missions because you can quickly spend more money on bombs than you'd make completling the mission. If you have infinite money you can just spam the grenade or rocket launcher and carelessly waste your cash, because you didnt have to do anything to get it.

Then there is the fact that since a majority of glitchers have money to blow, they have lowered the pay out for missions and jobs for the average players. I feel that right now its very ahrd to make money as a legit player, and its taken me time to earn enough for my apartment. Now, even though I didn nothing wrong, im going to have to work harder to play the game it was meant to be played, just because someone was too lazy or eager to do it the right way and glitched it out.

Regardless, I'm not going to stop playing the game and I'm not going to glitch out for more money. It's GTA, I understand what kind of game it is, so its really not that big of deal to me. If it was a more serious game then maybe i'd have more of a problem with it. Either way, it's obvious there will be no reprocussions for those who did cheat, so more power to you if you got away with it. But to hear you accuse honest players of being selfish because they don't want cheaters to get away for things is just ignorant and childish. You know it was wrong, but you did it, end of story.

• Troublesome86 and Twinz234 like this

IrishRed88
  • IrishRed88

The Tattooed Don

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by IrishRed88, 18 October 2013 - 09:20 PM.

So essentially some people don't like glitchers because it hurts their ego.

Because some people took advantage of a flaw in the game and obtained virtual goods that exist only in a video game.

Furthermore, most of the "illegally" obtained money can't be spent due to level restrictions. Aside from that, the 

game economy is being thrown around like it's actually tangible in some way. Bartering, (at least for now) is nonexistant. THERE IS NO ECONOMY.

Glitchers are compared to and called cheaters. Cheating to some degree is perceptional. To me cheating is using third party software or hardware to transcend  the intended constraints of the game to have an unfair advantage over other players. Glitching is taking advantage of a defect in the game itself to attain something that would otherwise take a longer period of time to possess.

In a game where auto aim is a feature and not a cheat, a game where regardless of the amount of wealth you have, if you are under level 24 you are limited to using three types of firearms, how is that an advantage?

It is my opinion that some people are upset with glitchers because they view this game as a dick measuring contest and not what it really is, A f*ckING VIDEO GAME. With a game themed around the criminal culture, don't you find it a bit ironic that people are mad that others chose to cut corners,(as criminals do), to obtain superficial benefits?

As a wise man once said;

CHECK YO SELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YO SELF.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

they be jealous

Shroomerz420
  • Shroomerz420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

I guess to break it down to a fundamental level.

I am upset that my honesty did not pay off as it should have.

Sort of like in real life. It's always the liars and cheats who benefit the most.

...And there you have it. :/

That is why we are mad. Because even though it was tempting to cheat, we chose not to, and in the end we are the ones who get suffer while you roll around in your ill gotten gains. It's pretty f*cked up.

But for me personally, I only play private free roam and the occasional mission with randoms...so it's all good. There's no hard feelings against you as an individual, it's just messed up for all involved.

• IrishRed88 likes this

IrishRed88
  • IrishRed88

The Tattooed Don

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by IrishRed88, 18 October 2013 - 10:37 PM.

I guess to break it down to a fundamental level.

I am upset that my honesty did not pay off as it should have.

Sort of like in real life. It's always the liars and cheats who benefit the most.

...And there you have it. :/

That is why we are mad. Because even though it was tempting to cheat, we chose not to, and in the end we are the ones who get suffer while you roll around in your ill gotten gains. It's pretty f*cked up.

But for me personally, I only play private free roam and the occasional mission with randoms...so it's all good. There's no hard feelings against you as an individual, it's just messed up for all involved.

I  respect your honesty so I'll be honest in return. I glitched a total of 4 million from the bike glitch. I did it solely for the purpose of alleviating the initial struggle of the game so that I could enjoy the game for what it is and not let it become cumbersome by grinding hour after hour to only be able to scrape by. I understand that I took the less honorable path and that's fine by me. I know that my actions in a video game don't necessarily sum up who I am as a person in the real world. In fact, for me at least, games provide a place where I can do the things I would never do in reality, an escape from reality. 

My moral principles are not represented by my actions in this or any other game, and I think that holds true for a lot of people. Having said that, I made the conscious  decision to stop using that or any other glitch in this game for the same reason I started using it. I began to see free money and not much else and that was counterproductive. As for liars and cheaters getting whatever the want in real life I will have to disagree with you. I am a two time loser who immersed myself into a criminally dictated life for a lot of years.  Some may get away with it for a time, but even the mighty fall, John Gotti being an example. With the exception of smoking weed I don't break the law anymore because I've spent the majority of my adult life locked up.

To get back to the topic though, it is possible that I may receive consequences for glitching and I accept that. It goes with the adage; If you can't do the time don't do the crime. But no one can say that I've used my dishonest money  as an advantage over anyone. I suck at races, and you have to win races to unlock mods for your vehicle. So with all of that money I still had to participate in races,(and win), in order to spend my illegal money on mods. 

Despite my cash, it ultimately came down to a persons skill to win those races, and I was left in last place with no mod unlocks.

So if it's the morality that people are struggling with, relax it's just a game. 

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm not upset at what they do with the game. Their way of playing.

It's just the way they come here just to act like assholes about it.

IrishRed88
  • IrishRed88

The Tattooed Don

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by IrishRed88, 18 October 2013 - 10:20 PM.

IrishRed88
  • IrishRed88

The Tattooed Don

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I apologize I don't think I displayed my response properly, it's supposed to be on the outside of the quote box.

I_Trix_I
  • I_Trix_I

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Or maybe because you can't compete with them. They have such an unfair advantage and can wreak havoc in rooms without being stopped.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Because he's the hero Los Santos deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight. 

• Twinz234 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users