Photo

I'm glad I'm not a grinder.

45 replies to this topic
Trepsik
  • Trepsik

Cluckin Bell Nice!!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

I went from 300k in the bank to 30k in one day. All that money went into a sultun, a ratloader, and a crap ton of deaths doing stunt jumps, gang attacks, and an all out war with another crew in freemode.  It'll take me forever to get that money back, let alone save up to buy the cargobob i so want.  ah well at least i have a nice car.  money was fun in the making, i'm just wondering how hard it is gonna be to stay afloat long enough to make over a mill for the heli.  we need high pay out heists and fast.

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by ThePeskyCrow, 18 October 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Hi everyone,

I read a lot of people complaining about the repetetive character of the missions or the fact that they find the game boring now they have plenty of money. I play about an hour or two every day and I'm level 21 now. I have an appartment (200k) and a few spare bucks. I love the slow progress. I like to save money for a upgrade for my car. I can't imagine how boring the game is when you are able to buy everything you want. I'm glad I play slow and don't waste my time grinding the same races over and over again, just for some extra cash. What do you guys think?

Lol! I'm with you as well OP. Lvl 29 and 70% closer towards buying that $391k apt with the $400k interior but more awesome view :lol:

Ignore all the catty, bitchy and snarky remarks you'll get from the farmers and greifers in this thread. :lol:   They'll incapable of comprehending that GTA fan boys who possess a different mindset from them actually exist.  So they'll never understand how we can actually enjoy playing this game with a different perspective and sense of urgency than their own.

I'm an immersion gamer and have been a devout SP fan boy since GTA1. But for the first time in the history of this franchise, R* decided to abruptly change (aka coerce) the style of SP gameplay to which I've been accustomed to playing over the last 16 years.  All because they finally decided to jump the bandwagon and shaft their SP fan base.  So they could make millions from converting the traditional GTA SP into a WoW MMO experience online. :miranda:

Regardless, since I work for a living, I'm a stereotypical casual gamer by default. But even if I had the free time, spending countless hours farming/grinding missions (in what would likely be time which I should be doing school work) would be a complete waste of life. I'd have still ended up going the cash card route in order to enjoy the game I paid for. :lol:

Totally agree with the comments other posters have made about how you approach gaming online.  It's not about the destination, but the journey

A obvious fact which a lot of multi-billion dollar fan boy farmers, glitchers, and cheaters are just now slowing begining to realize....  :lol:

Kinda Like Non Grinders Can't Understand That Grinders Have A Different Mindset. Everyone Feels That Their Play Style Is The "Correct" Way To Play :l

weenus
  • weenus

Life of the Search Party

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

I went from 300k in the bank to 30k in one day. All that money went into a sultun, a ratloader, and a crap ton of deaths doing stunt jumps, gang attacks, and an all out war with another crew in freemode.  It'll take me forever to get that money back, let alone save up to buy the cargobob i so want.  ah well at least i have a nice car.  money was fun in the making, i'm just wondering how hard it is gonna be to stay afloat long enough to make over a mill for the heli.  we need high pay out heists and fast.

Those assholes at Rockstar should just agree to give us 500k over the next few weeks or something along those lines! Let's make a petition!

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Those assholes at Rockstar should just agree to give us 500k over the next few weeks or something along those lines! Let's make a petition!

Yeah also petition for heists and content creator. I know it's a long shot but you never know.

• weenus likes this

Pieee
  • Pieee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

So what about the free 500k rockstar is giving... Wont that speed up your game progress a good amount?

Piggman
  • Piggman

CEO of Piggman Industries

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Different strokes for different folks. One man's trash is another man's treasure. A man too careful of danger lives in continual torment. 

Coolusername717
  • Coolusername717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

In this economy 500k goes by in one sitting. You play a week saving up all of that money and then you buy what you want, and then you're broke lol. In the beginning I'd always farm missions to get my car upgraded just to go onto free mode to show it off.

By show it off I mean drive it out of my house and get shot at, car blows up, pay insurance, lose money, repeat.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I read a lot of people complaining about the repetetive character of the missions or the fact that they find the game boring now they have plenty of money. I play about an hour or two every day and I'm level 21 now. I have an appartment (200k) and a few spare bucks. I love the slow progress. I like to save money for a upgrade for my car. I can't imagine how boring the game is when you are able to buy everything you want. I'm glad I play slow and don't waste my time grinding the same races over and over again, just for some extra cash. What do you guys think?

Cool bro.  To me fun in this game is killing tons of people.  i cant do that till i rank up.  So have fun when you come in my room and get raped.  And i got those things in 1/50th the amount of time you did.  You arent even playing the game yet IMO.  Ur still on the tutorial.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

There's no reason for ginding, in my opinion. I just play the game and I make pretty decent scratch just by collecting bounties and selling car exports. I've never played a mission repetitively. It destroys the fun for me.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Hi everyone,

Cool bro.  To me fun in this game is killing tons of people.  i cant do that till i rank up.  So have fun when you come in my room and get raped.  And i got those things in 1/50th the amount of time you did.  You arent even playing the game yet IMO.  Ur still on the tutorial.

It's posts like this that really show who's a child. I mean really, do you actually care that much about how other people play the game? Does it really give you that big of an ego-boost that you hit level 50 in a matter of few days? Maybe one day when you have a career, you'll know how it feels to do something actually gratifying.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Getting level 50 in a short time without screwing with the mechanics ( ala hacking ) isn't gratifying considering time and effort is put forth to achieve that? Everyone plays a different game,  but until they fix matchmaking and your 30 with a bunch of 50s-90s with potent advanced rifles and heavy snipers, then what?

For the first 2 days i played normal until i kept getting killed by higher levels with better guns. In a game like this, you have to adapt or else you'll be stuck in solo/invite only to regain lost cash. Us farmers/grinders just want to work hard then play hard.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

"Ignorant"?

I'm with you OP. Taking my time, and therefore enjoying the game. Some people feel they need to sprint to the endgame, and obviously that isn't what R* had in mind. It's about the journey, not the destination.

Last night I unlocked the sniper rifle, which has me looking forward to replaying some missions with a new approach. Tonight I want to make enough to get me a Feltzer. Playing the game one item/unlock at a time :)

I disagree. Freedom is what makes GTA fun, and GTA Online shackles players beyond the point of reason for me. There is no endgame, Rockstar only developed the grind and the minigames. The only thing I care about is player-generated content in free-roam (bounty-hunting, car shows, impromptu races, etc.).

I think that they (very wrongly) assumed that no one would get to the 'end' so quickly, and so they figured they'd have a month or two before they had to release DLC. I wish that they had released the content editor. For me I enjoy some of the missions because I love strategically finding the best spot for an attack, but it's unfortunate we can't find helicopters during missions (Imagine how entertaining it would be to have a cargobob, pick up one of the explosive tankers, and drop it on a carpark full of enemy bikers you're supposed to kill?). I'm level 21 with the 223K apartment, Elegy, F620 and 30K right now. The problem is the total lack of an economic system-if they could just rip off the ultimate team economy that would work perfectly. Maybe something like "DeClasse Tornado hood mod 3" can only be unlocked by getting it in one of those Ultimate team-esque packs or have a small chance of appearing at the end of a mission. It can then be sold on 'craplist' (IV's version of craigslist) so that there's always content that will appear. I don't think it would work as-is, but with some DLC leaving stuff exclusive to 'craplist' it could make the economy work pretty well- and everyone looking for a ratloader could buy one online.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Level 130 now, not bored with the game one bit.  Thanks for asking.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

For me there was no question, I don't like getting picked on and needed to be able to defend myself. This game is mayhem, and if you don't have all the best cars and guns then you're at the mercy of anyone who does. I farmed my way in the first week (mostly Violent Duct and Mixed up with Cole, also one night of Rooftop Rumble) to 125 or so (playing with a friend until he hit 120 as well). I'm now 157 in the almost 2 weeks since, mostly from Racing.

I have nothing wrong with working up the ranks, but not if it means being vulnerable to everyone who comes along wanting to pick a fight (which is all the time). I don't think the game properly even starts until you have the nice apartment, best guns and at least some fully modded cars. Only then are you able to go toe-to-toe with anyone you meet and know you can hold your own (or at least if you can't you have no one to blame but yourself).

I can't even count how many people tried to grief me only to have themselves and their car exploded by my RPG, or picked a fight with me for no reason just to have me kill them repeatedly until they ran away. Having all the best stuff lets me play the game and enjoy it instead of being outclassed by everyone I meet and get my ass kicked.

From my perspective it's the people who kept farming after reaching 120 that I don't understand, you've already got everything unlocked and the stuff you can't afford to buy yet, you don't need yet (boats and planes and whatnot).

Maybe if the game matches people more consistently with similarly leveled players it wouldn't matter so much and everyone could enjoy progressing at their own rate, but that's not how it works, and if you want to hold your own in GTA you need the best cars and guns.

Besides, the levels keep going up to 999, so why all the complaining about farming your way to 120? You may have all the best cars and guns, but really the game hasn't hardly even started yet, more by far left to do than has been done already. People talk as if it's the endgame to have those things, and those people don't know sh*t, that's just the beginning.

This is a game designed to be going on for years, and even if the designers didn't expect people to farm quite as easily as was possible, they definitely intended for the game to keep going long after people hit 120.

Anyone who thinks the game ends there might as well stop playing now, I honestly don't know why you'd bother playing in the first place if you think that.

Did so many people really think having all the guns in the game was something R* meant to take years to achieve? It's like I said, that's not when the game ends, that's when it begins. Everything before that was just the appetizer, I for one now intend to sit down and enjoy the main course, and after that some dessert.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 19 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Hi everyone,

It's posts like this that really show who's a child. I mean really, do you actually care that much about how other people play the game? Does it really give you that big of an ego-boost that you hit level 50 in a matter of few days? Maybe one day when you have a career, you'll know how it feels to do something actually gratifying.

This.  Why do I feel like I'm missing something with what fatstogie posted? Because this

".....To me fun in this game is killing tons of people. i cant do that till i rank up. ....."

indicates to me their style of game play in GTA is exclusively PvP game style in FM.  So then why the f*ck can't they have fun doing this EXACT SAME THING in the TDM and GTA races which were specifically designed for this style of game play?  I was in the TDM the other night and leveled up 6 lvls in about 1 real hour of game play.  Our team was made up of ppl with solid sniping and tactical shooter skill sets which got us up to lvl 12 in the TDM scenario. So from doing a random co-op TDM, all 6 of us made a nice bundle of money off that one mission before finally getting capped by an entire AI army   :lol:

I guess I'll never understand why players with that kind of exclusive PvP mindset can't see they would level faster/make more cash in a TDM.  Which means they could flaunt and show off their bling and shiny WMD toys in the FM lobby---without randomly having to kill other players to gain RP and experience.  

fatstogie's post leads me to suspect that while PvP gangsta is their preferred style of game play, they're terrified of proving it in the designated channels like the TDMs. Most likely because they're likely to get their lazy/unskilled assess capped and exterminated in the first few minutes of round 1.  :lol: Because they know they lack the skill set necessary to earn all that cash/rep to make the kill ratio that they so love to flaunt in FM. So they have to resort to stalking unsuspecting players in passive mode in FM. 

fatstogie's gaming mindset reinforces my stereotype the new GTA gen have devolved toward an impatient culture of  egocentric, lazy, and instantaneous gratification fan boys. Unfortunately, R* has been slow in addressing the negative collateral damage this kind of PvP mindset has on the gaming community. But restricting them in cheater's lobbies is perhaps the best way to go.  Then they get to play with like minded individuals.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

i only grind when i want something.

and rigt now i want the minigun. so i grind races.

i also want disposable income for car upgrades, ammo, etc.

so i will continue to grind until i get what i want. 

if it bores me, i play for fun.

im not a constant grinder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users