I'm glad I'm not a grinder.

45 replies to this topic
HairyCallahan
  • HairyCallahan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I read a lot of people complaining about the repetetive character of the missions or the fact that they find the game boring now they have plenty of money. I play about an hour or two every day and I'm level 21 now. I have an appartment (200k) and a few spare bucks. I love the slow progress. I like to save money for a upgrade for my car. I can't imagine how boring the game is when you are able to buy everything you want. I'm glad I play slow and don't waste my time grinding the same races over and over again, just for some extra cash. What do you guys think?

• JohnMcClainNYPD and daurkin like this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Im 96 and i only have 200k apartment, maxed out entity, stock surano and bullet and 130k. Get past 50 and you'll be grinding hard to stay afloat. Ignorant threads like this are started by people who've barely scracthed the surface of this game's finances.

• KingGladiator and ROADSIDE_BUM like this

Bati 801
  • Bati 801

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

"Ignorant"?

I'm with you OP. Taking my time, and therefore enjoying the game. Some people feel they need to sprint to the endgame, and obviously that isn't what R* had in mind. It's about the journey, not the destination.

Last night I unlocked the sniper rifle, which has me looking forward to replaying some missions with a new approach. Tonight I want to make enough to get me a Feltzer. Playing the game one item/unlock at a time :)

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

agreed. Could also easily have just as much fun playing without the cash infusion.

But I guess I'll take it :)

• daurkin likes this

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

lol "ignorant" 

with OP again. enjoying the game, taking my time, and working up thru the ranks. 

Dostoe1
  • Dostoe1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

I also couldn't agree more.

I'm currently level 20, with no apartment, and only one car. Enjoying the slow process from rags to riches. ;)

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Same I don't see the point in rushing through the game and grinding your way to boredom whilst eliminating the fun factor although I hate the unneeded nerfing which had turned me off missions and survival mode a little..

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

bored? are you kidding. the grind is BORING.

if everyone could retire at 30 they would. only reason they cant is because of the system in place preventing most from getting the financial freedom to really have fun doing anything you want.

Game became 5x more enjoyable for me when I unlocked everything and had the financial ability to tinker with paint jobs on cars/wheels/mods etc... (im someone who doesnt like to just say hey my entitiy is chrome cause i dropped 25k on it. thats it gotta wait 1 month of normal playing to change it out. nope i like to change up colors almost weekly on my cars. you need $$$$ to do that.

want to mess around killing cops in freeroam with friends. ammo costs alot and so did deaths. before patch 2k a death. needed a lot of $$$$$ to have fun doing that...

otherwise if you dont worry about it last night for example before patch i was dicking around in freeroam and lost 30k in blink of an eye having a lot of fun but you think you would save up for an adder losing 30k in 15 mins of having a lot of fun?

thats the problem in the game where you sacrifice fun because you enjoy tormenting yourself with the grind i guess. leave me out of that though.

• M210F likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 18 October 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Hi everyone,

I read a lot of people complaining about the repetetive character of the missions or the fact that they find the game boring now they have plenty of money. I play about an hour or two every day and I'm level 21 now. I have an appartment (200k) and a few spare bucks. I love the slow progress. I like to save money for a upgrade for my car. I can't imagine how boring the game is when you are able to buy everything you want. I'm glad I play slow and don't waste my time grinding the same races over and over again, just for some extra cash. What do you guys think?

Lol! I'm with you as well OP. Lvl 29 and 70% closer towards buying that $391k apt with the $400k interior but more awesome view :lol:

Ignore all the catty, bitchy and snarky remarks you'll get from the farmers and greifers in this thread. :lol:   They'll incapable of comprehending that GTA fan boys who possess a different mindset from them actually exist.  So they'll never understand how we can actually enjoy playing this game with a different perspective and sense of urgency than their own.

I'm an immersion gamer and have been a devout SP fan boy since GTA1. But for the first time in the history of this franchise, R* decided to abruptly change (aka coerce) the style of SP gameplay to which I've been accustomed to playing over the last 16 years.  All because they finally decided to jump the bandwagon and shaft their SP fan base.  So they could make millions from converting the traditional GTA SP into a WoW MMO experience online. :miranda:

Regardless, since I work for a living, I'm a stereotypical casual gamer by default. But even if I had the free time, spending countless hours farming/grinding missions (in what would likely be time which I should be doing school work) would be a complete waste of life. I'd have still ended up going the cash card route in order to enjoy the game I paid for. :lol:

Totally agree with the comments other posters have made about how you approach gaming online.  It's not about the destination, but the journey

A obvious fact which a lot of multi-billion dollar fan boy farmers, glitchers, and cheaters are just now slowing begining to realize....  :lol:

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 18 October 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Agreed. I like to take my time with games. Sometimes I intentionally don't complete a game so I can always go back to it and have new stuff to do. 

The only thing that bothers me is when a game intentionally tries to slow me down, like in World of Warcraft you have a weekly limit imposed on you by the game, so if you wanted to farm points for PVP or PVE equipment you are limited to a very unnatural slow progression.

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Enjoying the slow process from rags to riches. ;)

EXACTLY. that's the whole point to this. noob thug...just got to the city...working your way up from nothing to baller life style :D that kinda chit doesn't happen overnight. 

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

No need to rush. I can't play as much as I want but at level 37 I'm having a blast

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

bored? are you kidding. the grind is BORING.

if everyone could retire at 30 they would. only reason they cant is because of the system in place preventing most from getting the financial freedom to really have fun doing anything you want.

Game became 5x more enjoyable for me when I unlocked everything and had the financial ability to tinker with paint jobs on cars/wheels/mods etc... (im someone who doesnt like to just say hey my entitiy is chrome cause i dropped 25k on it. thats it gotta wait 1 month of normal playing to change it out. nope i like to change up colors almost weekly on my cars. you need $$$$ to do that.

want to mess around killing cops in freeroam with friends. ammo costs alot and so did deaths. before patch 2k a death. needed a lot of $$$$$ to have fun doing that...

otherwise if you dont worry about it last night for example before patch i was dicking around in freeroam and lost 30k in blink of an eye having a lot of fun but you think you would save up for an adder losing 30k in 15 mins of having a lot of fun?

thats the problem in the game where you sacrifice fun because you enjoy tormenting yourself with the grind i guess. leave me out of that though.

100% agree with this guy

daurkin
  • daurkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

I totally agree as well being a casual gamer myself.  I'm also in the level 20's and made a fair amount of cash from missions and racing. I also find myself just relaxing while looking for other cars I want for each class. I honestly don't look at the money I earn for missions although I have joined the "Base Invaders" mission every time I see someone looking for help. And if I only make 12.5k from it in the future, I'll probably still do it. Beats making 1-2k from a race that someone sets to be 8-20 laps around some terrible course.

Just like the old WOW PVP servers, you learn where people hang out, you learn never trust another player in free roam, and if someone attacks, make it fun and make it more difficult to catch you while speeding through the streets.

Decimationist
  • Decimationist

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

What do I think? I think you are simple minded. I also think there is a post like this every couple seconds.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Oh really?  I'm having fun driving around in my decked out supercars and buying nice weapons and customizing them.  I enjoy the safety of my $250,000 apartment.  I like having money, now I can actually enjoy free roam because I don't have to worry about going broke from just cruising around the city and fighting off other players.  It hasn't took any enjoyment out of the game for me; in fact im enjoying it even more, I like having financial security.

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by kevswans, 18 October 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Hi everyone,

Hi HairyCallahan,

To the people who find this game boring because they have money or level, they shouldn't have started playing in the beginning.

I'm a level 120 with well over 25mill and I still play exactly like I would I was still a level 30 with little spare money.

I respect that you like the slow paced stuff, I on the other hand don't want to earn sh*t.

STRATEGIES, CAMARADERIE, and GUNSKILL are why I play.

So I'd hope being mature and moral you would respect my decision to exploit this game to my liking as it does not affect anyone but myself.

I still play missions, I still rob stores, hunt bounties and purchase supplies, customize vehicles and get trolled by tanks.

(BONUS- I can support less fortunate players with firepower, vehicles, and cash)

In the end I hope you still have as much fun as you are proclaiming cause that's all that matters.

thanks,

swans

#KGOD

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by Saint., 18 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

http://www.youtube.c...dJtw7vS1E8#t=14

On a serious note though,yeah I do agree with you. It feels so much better to get stuff bit by bit to getting all at once in a game. You wouldn't feel as bored compared to grinding later in the game. Then again,that might be just a few of us. There are some people who'd rather get the high end apartment and all the super cars first,and then mess around in them. That's enjoyment to some people,and it's perfectly fine.

weenus
  • weenus

Life of the Search Party

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Im 96 and i only have 200k apartment, maxed out entity, stock surano and bullet and 130k. Get past 50 and you'll be grinding hard to stay afloat. Ignorant threads like this are started by people who've barely scracthed the surface of this game's finances.

Hey, good thing you worked so hard to grind out level 96 so quickly!

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

people can't tell the difference between grinding, farming, and glitching

it's sad really. i glitched most of my cash, i grinded most of my rp. i play everyday and enjoy myself & the game. i do missions & dm's when i'm in freemode lobbies 

and i don't make broad based opinions or threads about those who want to play the game straight up. play it how you want and STFU about everyone else

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

I guess im a lazy person.  Level 34 - only have a 2 car garage, and 85K

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

http://www.youtube.c...dJtw7vS1E8#t=14

On a serious note though,yeah I do agree with you. It feels so much better to get stuff bit by bit to getting all at once in a game. You wouldn't feel as bored compared to grinding later in the game. Then again,that might be just a few of us. There are some people who'd rather get the high end apartment and all the super cars first,and then mess around in them. That's enjoyment to some people,and it's perfectly fine.

/thread

weenus
  • weenus

Life of the Search Party

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

You know that feeling you get when some idiot blows past you on the road and then you're sitting next to him at the next red light? That's how this situation makes me feel.

There are a lot of powergamers who got all dressed up with nowhere to go. The backlash you're seeing now is a direct result of that.

• Kulgrim and M210F like this

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

"Ignorant"?

I'm with you OP. Taking my time, and therefore enjoying the game. Some people feel they need to sprint to the endgame, and obviously that isn't what R* had in mind. It's about the journey, not the destination.

Last night I unlocked the sniper rifle, which has me looking forward to replaying some missions with a new approach. Tonight I want to make enough to get me a Feltzer. Playing the game one item/unlock at a time :)

I disagree. Freedom is what makes GTA fun, and GTA Online shackles players beyond the point of reason for me. There is no endgame, Rockstar only developed the grind and the minigames. The only thing I care about is player-generated content in free-roam (bounty-hunting, car shows, impromptu races, etc.).

• M210F likes this

Coolusername717
  • Coolusername717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

I have a lot of money so now I just help friends with missions and give them my payout, or go bounty hunting and give the bounty to some random dude. Bill gates in this sh*t. The games never been about money even in the beginning. It's just fun to shoot people. And cruising in free mode broke is annoying as there tends to be a car following you at every turn looking to gun you down for no apparent reason. Gets annoying until you have money. Then you can make him pay for his actions. I.e bounties, merry wether, unlimited bombs (f*ck his car), and anything else you can do. Maybe it'll make him change his actions and become a nicer player. I don't like to just troll with money. There has to be a reason for me to hunt you down mercilessly.

PSN GuessWhoTheFuk

iVoltScopez V2
  • iVoltScopez V2

Deadhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

lol "ignorant" 

with OP again. enjoying the game, taking my time, and working up thru the ranks. 

My only question to you is do you enjoy only getting there half as fast now? With 1.04 R* took a sh*t on your face and rubbed it in with dumbed down payouts and RP rewards. What would have taken you roughly a year at your pace to get 100 or higher just doubled.

Kammakazi
  • Kammakazi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

weenus
  • weenus

Life of the Search Party

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

lol "ignorant" 

My only question to you is do you enjoy only getting there half as fast now? With 1.04 R* took a sh*t on your face and rubbed it in with dumbed down payouts and RP rewards. What would have taken you roughly a year at your pace to get 100 or higher just doubled.

What are you getting out of your game right now that demonjlh is missing out on by being his level as opposed to your level?

Coolusername717
  • Coolusername717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

The fact that every mission now is 10k or less AT MOST makes the game suck for you grinders, or slow pace gamers or whatever. It's gonna be LOOOOOOOONG as hell just to buy a car, and then twice as long to upgrade it.

You probably love playing gta with no controller too. Because its the wait that makes it fun.

weenus
  • weenus

Life of the Search Party

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

The fact that every mission now is 10k or less AT MOST makes the game suck for you grinders, or slow pace gamers or whatever. It's gonna be LOOOOOOOONG as hell just to buy a car, and then twice as long to upgrade it.

You probably love playing gta with no controller too. Because its the wait that makes it fun.

Good point, I've heard statistically, most mountain climbers actually HATE climbing. They just REALLY enjoy the view from the top.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users