Photo

(Looking For) Emblem Artist for Crew

28 replies to this topic
dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

I searched for a thread on this before posting just to make sure I wasn't wasting space but I didn't see one that wasn't specified towards a certain crew.  That being said if there are some talented people who know how to use the emblem creator well or use photoshop in the way that another thread discussed before (I haven't because I work from my computer and I can't afford a virus and it seems iffy) then please feel free to make use of this thread.  Maybe someone will pay you GTA $ or get you a car for your work.

Moving on, my crew Dark Dream Entertainment (has nothing to do with the name anymore) is based around car meets and the people who love their cars.  So some sort of creative emblem  to fit that theme would be nice.  I like the signature someone made for me below but obviously wouldn't want the same thing for my crew even if I could do it.  If anyone is capable of designing a good one let me know and I'll see what I can do in return.  (Pay you GTA $ or get you an FIB vehicle or Messa, something along those lines)

Like I said so that this thread isn't just wasted on one crew someone can feel free to make it theirs or create their own where they continue to create emblems for crews.  I look forward to people's work.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Since this was most likely buried, bump 

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

I have my own crew but I can help you with some art if you like

Molotov69
  • Molotov69

howdy cowboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by Molotov69, 18 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

i can turn any photo into a crew emblem, contact me if interested

my crew emblem (those grey lines dont show on the real image):

15e94bd54e4a0a869a646567a57761f96b8659a7

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6jQIYgIjM_k

Consider yourself helped.

Molotov69
  • Molotov69

howdy cowboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6jQIYgIjM_k

Consider yourself helped.

i used this technique

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

15e94bd54e4a0a869a646567a57761f96b8659a7

Thanks, what size image would you prefer and are there any requirements for the picture?

To those with the link, I've seen it as I said not risking a virus on this computer I have all my work on here.

Molotov69
  • Molotov69

howdy cowboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by Molotov69, 18 October 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Thanks, what size image would you prefer and are there any requirements for the picture?

To those with the link, I've seen it as I said not risking a virus on this computer I have all my work on here.

512x512 pixels (or bigger i can resize it) , if you want a transparent background make it .png , if you dont have one with transparent background i can delete the background

and ofcourse you need to add me in the crew

Molotov69
  • Molotov69

howdy cowboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

something i just made:

29fb0a3d36746dc364f1ad97f8f9c1124b59c3e3

doesnt look very good but just to give you an impression :p

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

something i just made:

29fb0a3d36746dc364f1ad97f8f9c1124b59c3e3

doesnt look very good but just to give you an impression :p

How long is it taking you now to get one whipped up out of curiousity? Must be talking at least several hundred lines if its copy pasting from an svg?

ProTrunks
  • ProTrunks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I've already have an image and using that method on the youtube video it's really fine. What I can't do no matter what is to take the white background off. Can anyone help me, please?

This is the emblem:

http://socialclub.ro...acianos_killers

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

I've already have an image and using that method on the youtube video it's really fine. What I can't do no matter what is to take the white background off. Can anyone help me, please?

This is the emblem:

If you made it in photoshop I would say save as a png and select transparent background...should work

ProTrunks
  • ProTrunks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

This is the emblem:

If you made it in photoshop I would say save as a png and select transparent background...should work

I did. And then I converted the PNG to SVG, after I used Inkscape to take the background off ('cause using vectormagik automatically adds white bg) and when I put the code exactly as it says on the video, it shows up without any bg. Then I save the image and when it appears, it does with a white background. Also when I edit the image I can't see it, if I want to change anything I've to do from the code part. :(

Popetilko
  • Popetilko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by Popetilko, 18 October 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Every time  I paste the lines in the editor my emblem doesn't center. Instead it gets pushed into the bottom right corner and most of it is cut off.  :(

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

This is the emblem:

I did. And then I converted the PNG to SVG, after I used Inkscape to take the background off ('cause using vectormagik automatically adds white bg) and when I put the code exactly as it says on the video, it shows up without any bg. Then I save the image and when it appears, it does with a white background. Also when I edit the image I can't see it, if I want to change anything I've to do from the code part. :(

You need to delete it manually via the code, there should be line at the top, with =fffffff in it, that equals the white back ground simply deleting this, should make it transparent.

;)

Molotov69
  • Molotov69

howdy cowboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by Molotov69, 18 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.

this is what i made for the crew:

ecb982dd9c651af5985c75f287504ea469a08594

edit: the background is a gradient, i maybe gonna make one color of it

it doenst look right at the moment 

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I liked it, can't wait to see what final touches you make :D

ProTrunks
  • ProTrunks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by ProTrunks, 19 October 2013 - 01:09 PM.

This is the emblem:

You need to delete it manually via the code, there should be line at the top, with =fffffff in it, that equals the white back ground simply deleting this, should make it transparent.

;)

The problem is when I edit in first place the code, it shows without bg so that code doesn't show up. And when I save it always do WITH white background. And when I try to edit the image again, it shows blank so I've to paste the code again.

Can anyone help me, please?

P.S. Your emblem is f*cking awesome!! :O

Circus Contraption
  • Circus Contraption

try again.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Every time  I paste the lines in the editor my emblem doesn't center. Instead it gets pushed into the bottom right corner and most of it is cut off.  :(

It's likely that some sort of size adjustment is in your code. Something along the lines of <svg width="512pt" height="512pt" etc>, maybe. Change the pt to px and it should resize — however, apparently that causes saving problems, so you're probably actually better off getting rid of the entire line of code (as well as the closing /svg at the end). So try that out and tell me if it helped? If not, I'll see what else I can do.

The problem is when I edit in first place the code, it shows without bg so that code doesn't show up. And when I save it always do WITH white background. And when I try to edit the image again, it shows blank so I've to paste the code again.

Hmm, maybe you could avoid using Inkscape and just use vectormagic? Yes, it comes up with a white background, but that way the =ffffff that ajbns87 talked about should appear, and you can delete it to get rid of it. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try offering some other solution.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, all I did was say what I wanted and molotov made it happen.  Very cool guy.

evu
  • evu

Deals With Bacon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Just to let you know, you can use Adobe Illustrator CS6 to "Live Trace" an image and get pretty darn good results directly into SVG code.

An example being the sonic image I converted for my crew: http://socialclub.ro..._hits_for_kicks

The way Illustrator allows you to tweak the complexity of the resulting image, and see the result in real time is pretty darn neat.

:)

ProTrunks
  • ProTrunks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by ProTrunks, 19 October 2013 - 04:06 PM.

It's likely that some sort of size adjustment is in your code. Something along the lines of <svg width="512pt" height="512pt" etc>, maybe. Change the pt to px and it should resize — however, apparently that causes saving problems, so you're probably actually better off getting rid of the entire line of code (as well as the closing /svg at the end). So try that out and tell me if it helped? If not, I'll see what else I can do.

Hmm, maybe you could avoid using Inkscape and just use vectormagic? Yes, it comes up with a white background, but that way the =ffffff that ajbns87 talked about should appear, and you can delete it to get rid of it. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try offering some other solution.

Well...I tried that after read your advice and still doesn't work because it doesn't have that =ffffff code you talk about. 
For instance, that Sonic emblem (really cool, btw!) when you see it on the left corner of the rockstar page, shows up with no background and that should be what appears on my emblem too, but mine always get that white background.

Also when you save your images and edit them, do they show up? Because when I try to edit the image I inserted using this method, it only shows a blank image (with no bg) and when I see the code is blank too. :|

P.S. Just to thank each of you that are trying to help me out. Thank you all, mates!

evu
  • evu

Deals With Bacon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

The image doesn't show up but the preview when selecting an emblem should show the correct result. (The image will show up when you first enter the SVG code into the HTML)

GameBroAdvanced
  • GameBroAdvanced

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Well...I tried that after read your advice and still doesn't work because it doesn't have that =ffffff code you talk about. 
For instance, that Sonic emblem (really cool, btw!) when you see it on the left corner of the rockstar page, shows up with no background and that should be what appears on my emblem too, but mine always get that white background.

Also when you save your images and edit them, do they show up? Because when I try to edit the image I inserted using this method, it only shows a blank image (with no bg) and when I see the code is blank too. :|

P.S. Just to thank each of you that are trying to help me out. Thank you all, mates!

This guys advice is the same thing I'd recommend. Just skip Inkscape altogether. Make sure you select transparent background on the actual emblem creator itself. The last step is literally just deleting the node that contains that white background. It should be near the top of the code, but also as seen in the video if you right click that white background and open inspect element from there it should actually have the line you need to delete already highlighted for you.

Proxima
  • Proxima

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Are they going to begin banning people for importing their own logos?

evu
  • evu

Deals With Bacon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Doubt it, they may remove copyright infringing emblems like the sonic I posted.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I would say as long as it's something you created or a member of the crew created you should be fine.  Just on't use things people own the rights to.

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Could someone do me a emblem for my Crew Crips gang.

Like 2pac or Blue Bandana.

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

im in need of an emblem for my crew  would appreciate  some help  pm me if your    interested in making one ( will name the theme)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users