Photo

Why lower the money earned on missions?

21 replies to this topic
fish61324
  • fish61324

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

R* patched the game so that people can't repeat the same mission over and over and over. Good, that's the way it should be. But why did R* lower the amount of money we earn on some of the missions? Just did Base Invaders and got $12,500 instead of $25,000. And I noticed it on other missions too.

It's not like we can call up Ron and specifically request Base Invaders (or any mission). I could understand lowering the price if we could call up a NPC and request a specific job. (unless you can and I'm missing some thing).

It's like R* did a double whammy..... No repeating missions and lowering the price. Makes me wonder.... If R* didn't have the exploit in the first place (repeating missions from voting screen) if they would have ever lowered the price of the missions......hmm

Another thing, Why can't we request a specific job? I wish R* would give more freedom in GTA V. I've felt very bound ever since Day 1 by A LOT of their rules.  My friend got on and played GTA with me online (very rare for him to do so) and I wanted so bad to do the fun/awesome missions I've done, but it's all random when you call up an NPC. 

R* should allow players to call up a NPC and request a specific job. R* would then have TWO options...

Option 1: Do the mission requested as normal.. getting all the JP, RP and money. And then not allow that person to do the same mission for 24 in game hours (48 minutes).

Option 2: If you do call an NPC and request a specific job, then you'll only get half the RP and either zero dollars or maybe $1,000 (for all missions).

Of course when you call up a NPC you'll have the choice to choose a random job as well and play it as normal earning everything as normal.

I like to think of myself as some one on here that suggests solutions to my issues, not just on here ranting and raving.

I'm going to regret saying this... but what R* should patch are the online races. When I want quick cash, I just race online (I can finish in the top 3 pretty easily most of the time).  I've won $13,600, $12,600, and many other races over $10,000 that took less than 4 minutes to do. Even the people coming in 4th, 5th and 6th place are getting around $4,000-$6,000. 

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

they want us to buy the money packs when they release them

WizardsSleeve
  • WizardsSleeve

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

so they've ditched the repeat and nerfed the money,AGAIN, maybe we should look for a new money making glitch ;)

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yup I don't agree with what they did either, just makes you wander how much heists will payout

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

To stop people from unbalancing the game and destabilizing BAWSAQ. 

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

so they've ditched the repeat and nerfed the money,AGAIN, maybe we should look for a new money making glitch ;)

I literally cannot wait until the ban wave hits.  It'll be as if 100k cheaters cried out in agony, and were suddenly silenced.  It'll be a beautiful day, reading all the rage threads.  Why is it so inconceivable to play the game the way it was intended?

• Macabro likes this

WizardsSleeve
  • WizardsSleeve

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

they want us to buy the money packs when they release them

seriously are they f*ckin nuts, dont know about you but after all thats happened theres no f*ckin way id buy in game money, 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

FFS. It's not about the money packs. They're entirely optional unless you don't want to bother playing the game, in which case, don't bother playing the game. 

YOU DON'T NEED THE MONEY PACKS IF YOU'RE PLAYING TO ENJOY THE GAME. YOU WILL EARN PLENTY OF MONEY NATURALLY. 

Unless you're power-playing and repeating the same mission again and again and again and being a douche. 

WizardsSleeve
  • WizardsSleeve

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

I literally cannot wait until the ban wave hits.  It'll be as if 100k cheaters cried out in agony, and were suddenly silenced.  It'll be a beautiful day, reading all the rage threads.  Why is it so inconceivable to play the game the way it was intended?

no you retard, the reason i say it is im only lvl 12 or so and have heard all about the duct missions n stuff but havnt gotten to them yet and now theres no money in it for when i do get to them, your probably lvl 60 and all sorted money wise im not, but that doesnt stop me having a laugh about the money glitch

zTrevorPhillips
  • zTrevorPhillips

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Why is ammo 100% dearer online also? If you complete a survival almost 5g is spent on replacing ammo for your weapons. Some of the stuff is just ludicrously done, hopefully over time it will get better.

Tarantulaguy1990
  • Tarantulaguy1990

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

if  they banned people for exploiting  there would be no one left to play gta  pmsl

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

this really sucks for the people that only have enough time to play few missions a day. im at work all day and I get home and come on GTA at around 8pm and play for few hours and get off.. so basically ill be poor now since they made the missions less money? im really getting tired of this sh*t because I love the game.

• JmanBassman and crazyrunner624 like this

crazyrunner624
  • crazyrunner624

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I did this one mission. The person who sent out the invite was level 46 and when we completed the mission. he got the regular amount. this other person and me got half. its retarded to just change the amount like that.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

What's wrong with repeating missions? Nothing. Just because you don't have the patience to replay missions doesn't mean others have to suffer.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

To make you buy some nice fluffy micro transactions.

Ohhhhh Rockstar ! ^.^

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'll tell you f*cking why so pin back your ears.

They lowered money because they want us to enjoy future content. If we all make too much money too fast then by the time the heists are released and other future content, the money earned from them will feel less rewarding. It's typical 21st century greed, you want everything now and as fast as possible and don't care that a group of people are trying to tailor a huge rewarding experience for you, you  want all the reward instantly and when the future DLC content comes out and you dont feel the reward from it you will come here to bitch and moan

#YOLOAPOCALYPTICSWAG

• orlos_ likes this

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

this really sucks for the people that only have enough time to play few missions a day. im at work all day and I get home and come on GTA at around 8pm and play for few hours and get off.. so basically ill be poor now since they made the missions less money? im really getting tired of this sh*t because I love the game.

I'm in the exact same position as you, it does in my opinion feel like their slowly nerfing it inch by inch so the only way to afford things without clocking days and days of playtime is to buy the money packs.

Next thing they'll fix the BAWSAQ then fix the market so everybody loses...pushing more people into buying packs :miranda:

zico291
  • zico291

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

I think they have nerfed the payouts from robbing stores as well. I robbed 4-5 stores last night and I only got $1000 - $1200 from each store.

Darwen-Boy
  • Darwen-Boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

R* patched the game so that people can't repeat the same mission over and over and over. Good, that's the way it should be. But why did R* lower the amount of money we earn on some of the missions? Just did Base Invaders and got $12,500 instead of $25,000. And I noticed it on other missions too.

It's not like we can call up Ron and specifically request Base Invaders (or any mission). I could understand lowering the price if we could call up a NPC and request a specific job. (unless you can and I'm missing some thing).

It's like R* did a double whammy..... No repeating missions and lowering the price. Makes me wonder.... If R* didn't have the exploit in the first place (repeating missions from voting screen) if they would have ever lowered the price of the missions......hmm

Another thing, Why can't we request a specific job? I wish R* would give more freedom in GTA V. I've felt very bound ever since Day 1 by A LOT of their rules.  My friend got on and played GTA with me online (very rare for him to do so) and I wanted so bad to do the fun/awesome missions I've done, but it's all random when you call up an NPC. 

R* should allow players to call up a NPC and request a specific job. R* would then have TWO options...

Option 1: Do the mission requested as normal.. getting all the JP, RP and money. And then not allow that person to do the same mission for 24 in game hours (48 minutes).

Option 2: If you do call an NPC and request a specific job, then you'll only get half the RP and either zero dollars or maybe $1,000 (for all missions).

Of course when you call up a NPC you'll have the choice to choose a random job as well and play it as normal earning everything as normal.

I like to think of myself as some one on here that suggests solutions to my issues, not just on here ranting and raving.

I'm going to regret saying this... but what R* should patch are the online races. When I want quick cash, I just race online (I can finish in the top 3 pretty easily most of the time).  I've won $13,600, $12,600, and many other races over $10,000 that took less than 4 minutes to do. Even the people coming in 4th, 5th and 6th place are getting around $4,000-$6,000. 

i think it is because they giving us $500,000

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by Hooves07, 21 October 2013 - 01:18 PM.

FFS. It's not about the money packs. They're entirely optional unless you don't want to bother playing the game, in which case, don't bother playing the game. 

YOU DON'T NEED THE MONEY PACKS IF YOU'RE PLAYING TO ENJOY THE GAME. YOU WILL EARN PLENTY OF MONEY NATURALLY. 

Unless you're power-playing and repeating the same mission again and again and again and being a douche

Most people are playing the game for enjoyment dumba$$. Not every person plays like you, as people have their own style. Some people want to buy the cool sh*t in the game and not wait weeks to be able to afford it. Some people have a limited amount of time to play due to real life responsibilities. So penalizing them to insure they stay broke, that's the answer for most of you online-nazi-play-it-like-I do-or-don't-play-it f*ckers.

Since when is repeating missions for money being a douche you idiot? Oh right since rockstar said it was and you are all over their d*cks. In Splinter Cell Blacklist you can redo missions for money...I don't recall Ubi or people playing the game pissing about it. Not to mention the countless other games designed like that. You play the mission you get paid (now half because R* says).

Pull your head from R*'s ass for two seconds and take a breath for f*cks sake.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

I'll tell you f*cking why so pin back your ears.

They lowered money because they want us to enjoy future content. If we all make too much money too fast then by the time the heists are released and other future content, the money earned from them will feel less rewarding. It's typical 21st century greed, you want everything now and as fast as possible and don't care that a group of people are trying to tailor a huge rewarding experience for you, you  want all the reward instantly and when the future DLC content comes out and you dont feel the reward from it you will come here to bitch and moan

#YOLOAPOCALYPTICSWAG

I'm guilty of the greed. I was so hyper focused in making money I stopped enjoying the game. As soon as i stopped worrying about money. I started enjoying the game. Whats funny. I actually started making more money as soon as i stopped focusing only on money...

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

yeah i'm pissed about this too. it may also be that very few people are playing competitive modes but they did say that they would tailor it to what people liked and wanted so they really should let us enjoy playing co-operative if thats what we enjoy. i got bored of competitive stuff after years of cod  abuse. if they care about their fans then they will let people choose missions and add more even bigger missions. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users