Photo

Rockstar Official Reponse on how the mission payout now works

56 replies to this topic
njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I agree with this, it sucks seeing no one play and join other missions because everyone plays the same ones with the highest payout over and over, which leaves other missions empty which are sometimes better to begin with as far as fun factor. I dont want new missions coming up from rockstar and no one plays anything because there still over there doing the same 3-4 missions with high payout. I think this is a good way to do,you do it once you get the full amount second etc less. Theres about 70 missions in the game right now so im excited to start seeing more of them and more variety. Just my opinion, i didnt buy this game and play online just to see how much money i could earn, that comes second, the most important thing is the game being fun and me having fun playing it which im having a blast doing it, earning alot of money is second to that, most people here have it the other way around, apparently some play games for different reasons.

Mystic95
  • Mystic95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

That provides some sort of clarity on why I am receiving a smaller payout however in some cases it's unreasonable the amount you receive due to the decrease, for instance completing a fairly difficult mission from Martin Madrazo that consumed a fair portion of my ammo & time I only received a payout of $3500 whereas my cooperative partners received $7000. That hardly seemed worth the effort & ammo put into the mission. Furthermore in regards to the 1st time full payout 2nd time half payout deal, I entered in cooperative play a brand new mission with two of my friends, upon completing the mission they received a $20000 payout whereas I got only $10000. I continued to play in this fashion of receiving only half what my coop partners received and it became very frustrating. Not sure what the deal is with this but if I am being punished simply for playing the game that seems highly unfair. Please resolve this issue or explain to me what I am doing wrong

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

I did Lester's "A Titan of a Job" last night with a full group. Upon completion, all of us received the halved payout of $5k, while one guy in the group received the full $10k. Not sure what was up with that; he wasn't even the one who flew and landed the plane. We speculated that the player hadn't yet downloaded the update. Has this happened to anyone else?

PhaxeNor
  • PhaxeNor

Bounty: $10.000

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Don't mind it really. Could maybe add a reset time to it, so that maybe every week you can do it again and get full payout. Just to make, say, quick mission more "welcome" for players.

Also, link to quoted post: http://support.rocks...nswer-200503268

Since OP didn't include

RockysAMV
  • RockysAMV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Would agree to this system if it was a per day thing. Like you could only get the max payout once per Day. 

Agreed, get max payout for our favorite missions once a day would be nice 

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

I don't think it's fair I think it's a load of bullsh*t. So you can only get the full pay out once? then it's 50% for every time you replay it? That is absolutely terrible.

silvertab78
  • silvertab78

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

I got jipped then. I played (and failed) both Base Invaders and Titan of a Job solo before the change. Today I played and beat both of them solo...got paid 12,500 for Base Invaders and 5,000 for Titan

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by Crookid, 19 October 2013 - 05:16 AM.

People are not buy the cash cards fast enough for Rock* standards. Plain and simple. They want us to buy cash cards. When 75% of the community like it the way it was, (even though they took out replay and we dealed with it). Greedy, greedy, greedy. Quit lying to the community Rock*. Look, I like having new missions as well. But if I can make $25,000 on one mission, yes I want to atleast do it one more time for $25,000, NOT $12,500. Rock*, you get on your knees to please a small percentage of the people. When are you getting on your knees for me? Bi*ch LOL

No one else finds it funny that a majority of people saying this don't even realize cash cards aren't even available?

So f*cking dumb. Stop saying the same thing you read from someone who thinks they understand something someone else wrote.

Get your own facts and base your opinions on your own research.

Getting sick of the dumb pieces of sh*t on these forums.

Oh, and please speak f*cking English. I don't care if you speak 2, 3, 4 or 100 f*cking languages. Go post on a forum that supports your first. Im getting tired of struggle to understand some foreign piece of sh*t. I do it enough living in NYC.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

I did Martin's defender. Never did it before got 11,500. I'm guessing it was 23,000 before. I did die tho so maybe that's why I didn't get the 1st time pay.

DildoDodo
  • DildoDodo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

There are a very small number of fairly well-paying jobs that still give full payout no matter how many times you repeat them. They are not phone missions. The only way to access them is to press start and go to the online tab. From there I think it's Jobs>>Rockstar created>>Missions. There's one that unlocks at level 35 (can't remember the name, but it begins with C) for 1-4 players that is easy enough to solo with a sniper rifle. It pays $12000 every time and takes about 5 minutes. There are a few other single player missions but I haven't checked them all yet and there are a lot of missions for 2 or more players. It is very easy to replay, just go through the same steps to start it every time - no more waiting for the right mission to get given to you by phone.

staticguy
  • staticguy

Prankster

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

I got jipped then. I played (and failed) both Base Invaders and Titan of a Job solo before the change. Today I played and beat both of them solo...got paid 12,500 for Base Invaders and 5,000 for Titan

WTF? sh*tty payment now.. sad R*, just sad..

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Seems fair to me.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

It makes sense and i hope the beach bum pack comes with speedos for guys. We need budgie smugglers in this game a.s.a.p

Word.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

This would be acceptable if there would be more missions and they wouldn`t repeat in objective so much.

I miss the start of number 3 where the missions were so simple it was just go beat this guy with a bat lol.. not that I want them all like that.. just GTA5 got off to a pretty insane start like almost right away single player.

Omg I also miss the simplicity of the earlier missions in III. In Online Mode they should have included these type of basic missions instead of going all out. Not all missions have to be basic but at least give us variety.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

So, if I get this correctly, the 50% rule applies like this;

If you've completed a mission ONCE like 4 weeks ago, and play it today, you will still receive 50%. So we will never receive full payment for Base Invaders or Titan of a Job?

Why don't they use a rule like one job per in game day. So in 48 minutes you should only do Base Invaders once or it gets cut in half. Now we get punished for playing the game.

Still boycotting the missions. Racing is it for me now.

thieves
  • thieves

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Wankstar will issue foodstamps for suicide missions in 1.06

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thankyou for posting this information, ok R*, there are rp81 missions no higher, so when are more coming.700 missions on launch? There is maybe 100 actual story missions, maybe a bit less, they have had enough votes niw on the bubble system to know what we are enjoying.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

People are not buy the cash cards fast enough for Rock* standards. Plain and simple. They want us to buy cash cards. When 75% of the community like it the way it was, (even though they took out replay and we dealed with it). Greedy, greedy, greedy. Quit lying to the community Rock*. Look, I like having new missions as well. But if I can make $25,000 on one mission, yes I want to atleast do it one more time for $25,000, NOT $12,500. Rock*, you get on your knees to please a small percentage of the people. When are you getting on your knees for me? Bi*ch LOL

No one else finds it funny that a majority of people saying this don't even realize cash cards aren't even available?

So f*cking dumb. Stop saying the same thing you read from someone who thinks they understand something someone else wrote.

Oh, and please speak f*cking English. I don't care if you speak 2, 3, 4 or 100 f*cking languages. Go post on a forum that supports your first. Im getting tired of struggle to understand some foreign piece of sh*t. I do it enough living in NYC.

If you're going to tell him to speak English do it properly yourself..

It's "I'm getting tired of struggling to understand"...

Typical idiot who thinks the world revolves around him.

Vrgadin
  • Vrgadin

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

It makes sense and i hope the beach bum pack comes with speedos for guys. We need budgie smugglers in this game a.s.a.p

This, is, all, I, have, ever, wanted, in, a, game.  

SPEEDO-RITO

u didnt play swg online?

i ran around as a hawtpants wearing jedi

that game was so unambiguously gay......so much fun

downants
  • downants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

sh*t, never thought R* would turn into such a moneywhore. They are doing this to push people to buy cashcards. Can't imagine how hard it will be for guys starting now, basically they have to do twice the work to get same things that others already have. For guys who play like 2 hours a day tops making money will be a pain in the ass.

Explore other missions ???? Are you kidding me??? There are only like 70 missions in game !!! Races, Deathmatches, Parachuting and Last Man Standings are not missions, they are game modes !!!

JC-0001
  • JC-0001

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

For those of you inquiring about mission payouts, there was a change that reduces payouts by 50% after a repeat of the mission. So, basically, the first time you play and beat the mission, you will get the full amount. Subsequent replays will see a payout amount reduced by half.

This is to help prepare for upcoming missions and content in the Beach Bum Pack as well as heists to help keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game.

We understand players do like to enjoy a mission multiple times, so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout. Many players can get very good at a mission and beat it much faster in consecutive tries, so we've adjusted these payouts to match that case.

This also ties in to our ongoing discussion of replay availability for NPC missions, in which we are taking community feedback as well.

I apologize that there was not full clarity on this in the patch notes; however, hopefully this note will clear things up. If there are any additional questions on this, please do not hesitate to ask.l questions on this, please do not h

That is complete bullsh*t. I played 2 new missions for the first time earlier and I still only got half of the payment. This game and it's developers have really gone downhill. Greedy f*ckers is all they are now, forcing their smelly cash cards on us.

thequeenscheese
  • thequeenscheese

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I got £2500 for death from above on my first completion last night I've failed 10-15 times at least, I did use a jet to make it easy this time then just went in and took the PIC, can anyone confirm the payout is different depending how the missions are achieved? or how long you take?

If anyone from r* reads this can you let us know...

neoge0
  • neoge0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by neoge0, 19 October 2013 - 04:07 PM.

WTF?!

NYC?! Really?! From your post you sound much more like a redneck to me!

I didn't realize the Internet had borders already! And that bit about not caring how many languages this lad speaks, coming from someone who probably only speaks one is ridiculous! And that other one about the "foreign piece of sh*t", coming from an American whose country originally was, and on some degree still is, composed by the same kind of pieces of sh*it, speaks a whole lot about who's dumb here, or simply just ignorant, which seems to be the case.

FYI, that quoted post, wasn't even hard to understand.

Btw, you should check you spelling and correctly conjugate your verbs before writting this pseudo-hate post, because for a native speaker who hates to struggle so he can understand non-native speakers ... geez!

PS: you should do your own research before talking down on someone, specially when you seem to have the idea that English is the most spoken language in the world. It isn't! So maybe you should pick up another language and stop being retarded!

• thequeenscheese likes this

neoge0
  • neoge0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

If you're going to tell him to speak English do it properly yourself..

It's "I'm getting tired of struggling to understand"...

Typical idiot who thinks the world revolves around him.

Hear hear!

SSjEnforcer
  • SSjEnforcer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Why didn't they announce this sooner?
I spent all night peeved about halved payouts

antidrip
  • antidrip

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I don't care. I am all ready rich and don't need anymore levels.

Nothing like being level 110 + and everyone else in your lobby is level 20-40.

I like that.

CravenBixby
  • CravenBixby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I have an additional question on this if anyone can help. Did R* also halve payouts for when you use a team life? I ask because I just did 'Extradition' for the first time. I was under the impression that it payed 20,000, but I only received 10,000. I used a team life, so that was the only thing I could think of that may cause that. Does anyone know? If this is the case, you may as well fail the mission on purpose if you use a team life on your first playthrough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users