» «
Photo

Rockstar Official Reponse on how the mission payout now works

56 replies to this topic
njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by njbrodeur87, 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM.

For those of you inquiring about mission payouts, there was a change that reduces payouts by 50% after a repeat of the mission. So, basically, the first time you play and beat the mission, you will get the full amount. Subsequent replays will see a payout amount reduced by half.

This is to help prepare for upcoming missions and content in the Beach Bum Pack as well as heists to help keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game.

We understand players do like to enjoy a mission multiple times, so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout. Many players can get very good at a mission and beat it much faster in consecutive tries, so we've adjusted these payouts to match that case.

This also ties in to our ongoing discussion of replay availability for NPC missions, in which we are taking community feedback as well.

I apologize that there was not full clarity on this in the patch notes; however, hopefully this note will clear things up. If there are any additional questions on this, please do not hesitate to ask.l questions on this, please do not h

• the_kid311 likes this

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

ROCKSTAR SUPPORT ANSWER
rockstar-logo-38x35.png

For those of you inquiring about mission payouts, there was a change that reduces payouts by 50% after a repeat of the mission. So, basically, the first time you play and beat the mission, you will get the full amount. Subsequent replays will see a payout amount reduced by half.

This is to help prepare for upcoming missions and content in the Beach Bum Pack as well as heists to help keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game.

We understand players do like to enjoy a mission multiple times, so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout. Many players can get very good at a mission and beat it much faster in consecutive tries, so we've adjusted these payouts to match that case.

This also ties in to our ongoing discussion of replay availability for NPC missions, in which we are taking community feedback as well.

I apologize that there was not full clarity on this in the patch notes; however, hopefully this note will clear things up. If there are any additional questions on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I like the way they say "so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout".

Well R*, it would help if there were more missions so we didn't have to repeat them ! It's hardly our fault is it.

• Mystic95 likes this

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM Edited by GotDjent?, 18 October 2013 - 03:22 PM.

So they put replays back in?  And does it only go in half once? Like if I keep playing eventually I won't get any money at all?

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

It makes sense and i hope the beach bum pack comes with speedos for guys. We need budgie smugglers in this game a.s.a.p

• Hamsterbaffle and BzzdLghtyr like this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for this info, the impression I got was that the first time payout was also nerfed, having a decreased payout for repeating the mission is fine tbh, as long as they do infact add more missions.

They should however add some kind of notification for the player when hes offered a job hes already done though, so that he is aware that he won't get full payout.

Even so, this move does come across as bad since they still havnt dealt with glitchers or mega farmers in any way. (not saying farmers should get banned or put in cheater pool, but if they had over a certain amount of $ it should take a hit)

Chillmatic
  • Chillmatic

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I like the way they say "so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout".

Well R*, it would help if there were more missions so we didn't have to repeat them ! It's hardly our fault is it.

Pretty much, i'd love to play new missions every time I did one but the fact of the matter is that's just not an option if you like leveling by playing co-op mission sooner or later you are forced to replay a mission.

BzzdLghtyr
  • BzzdLghtyr

Team X Bladz Crew Leader

• Members

It makes sense and i hope the beach bum pack comes with speedos for guys. We need budgie smugglers in this game a.s.a.p

This, is, all, I, have, ever, wanted, in, a, game.  

SPEEDO-RITO

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Would agree to this system if it was a per day thing. Like you could only get the max payout once per Day. 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:23 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 18 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

N/M

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

They say it as if some of us are purposely getting the same missions....yet we are OFFERED these missions time and time again because of R*'s lack of mission content.

• Mystic95 likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 18 October 2013 - 03:27 PM.

They say it as if some of us are purposely getting the same missions....yet we are OFFERED these missions time and time again because of R*'s lack of mission content.

What they really mean is play at our pace and not your own...because I've been given titan 3 times from Lester and check out from martin about the same...they are making excuses as to what they've done to the game...I don't mind fixing exploits or glitches, but they are really screwing with their customers by reducing payouts in hopes that people pay for cash cards.

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Again, can someone confirm the replay button being back in? Because it's not for me. And if they mean we can call and ask for a job, or randomly get sent texts, uh... That's how it's been working since they first took the replay button out.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by iFight, 18 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

R* response to a guy complaining

@FutileSine

I definitely understand your frustration, but I know you will be very happy with upcoming mission content and the heists as well. I'm very glad that you're having a good time playing our mission content.

To offset the payouts that have been reduced by half for repeats, the medical bills have been cut by 75% and only affect free mode.

I tbh don't care, I play survivor and other missions to get money hahaha

Statisfaction
  • Statisfaction

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

If they cut the payout in half, they should at least put R2 to quick-restart back in

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Again, can someone confirm the replay button being back in? Because it's not for me. And if they mean we can call and ask for a job, or randomly get sent texts, uh... That's how it's been working since they first took the replay button out.

The replay button isn't back in. It's on the vote screen but still only works if you failed the mission.

When R* say 'replay' they actually mean when we get offered the same mission again.

• Mystic95 likes this

GodlessLiberal83
  • GodlessLiberal83

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Glad to hear it.  Eventually I'll start doing missions. 

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by DS Monkfish, 18 October 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Replay is not back, what they are doing (it may be in already, I haven't done any missions today) is to add phone missions to the voting screen - so as well as getting TDM or races you may also get "Titan Of A Job" as an option, for example.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by Victor_Mangano, 18 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

I thnk this is a fair move on R*'s behalf. I don't have any issues with it.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by biggsull, 18 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

I dunno, as long as they let people replay the missions they pulled the ability to replay from, with this new payout system.. and dont nerf any more payouts on the first play.. then this seems a bit fair.

The problem was being able to replay missions that took as much effort as a 3k payout but payed 20k+ instead... and if you really think about it, single player NPC missions werent replayable besides in like SA or something I think... Im not 100% on that whole thing tbh because I never replayed anything unless it was on a second run through of the game.

I wonder how secondary characters would work with this new system, if they would get the full payout or if they get the 50% for having done it on their first character... considering their banks are shared.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

This would be acceptable if there would be more missions and they wouldn`t repeat in objective so much.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

This would be acceptable if there would be more missions and they wouldn`t repeat in objective so much.

I miss the start of number 3 where the missions were so simple it was just go beat this guy with a bat lol.. not that I want them all like that.. just GTA5 got off to a pretty insane start like almost right away single player.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Wait, does this effect Survival missions?!?!!!

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

So what mission gives the most money in the shortest time?

Torbey
  • Torbey

Mark Chump

• Members

Was a good move but for some reason the reply button ain't back

dt2
  • dt2

Crackhead

• Members

All that support this are f*cking morons. 

They do this to keep it balanced and to keep us exploring new missions. I'm sorry, but I've already explored all the 30 missions or so there is to play. Now f*ck you Rockstar and your f*cking sheep supporters!

You're f*cking blind if you don't see them doing all they've done simply to sell cash cards. $20 for a mere 1.2 million.... f*cking retards!

• Mystic95 likes this

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

but you can't even buy cash cards right now, it's turned off, right?

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'd rather be playing new jobs than the same ones over and over.
As it stands, there's only about 60-70 jobs.

When they came out with the term "500 missions," I took it as "jobs." I've NEVER heard races, deathmatches, and glorified deathmatches (what they call "missions") to mean missions; those are game modes.

Personally, I much prefer the jobs (especially ones like The Parking Garage with two teams in two different roles working to cooperatively complete the objective).

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well, this seems fair. There's no reason why you should be paid the same amount each time, unless you are offered the job again. They probably should have put a bit more thought into it and designed it that way, seeing as i get the feeling that even if you are offered a mission for a second time (after a few game days) it will pay half.

Survival is still a better and more fun way of getting money. If this has been applied to that, which i don't think it has, i will be VERY annoyed and disappointed. Seeing as does actually take some skill/thought and can't be facerolled like the 'missions' can.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

People are not buy the cash cards fast enough for Rock* standards. Plain and simple. They want us to buy cash cards. When 75% of the community like it the way it was, (even though they took out replay and we dealed with it). Greedy, greedy, greedy. Quit lying to the community Rock*. Look, I like having new missions as well. But if I can make $25,000 on one mission, yes I want to atleast do it one more time for $25,000, NOT $12,500. Rock*, you get on your knees to please a small percentage of the people. When are you getting on your knees for me? Bi*ch LOL

• Mystic95 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users