Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAV update/patch removes lightning strike effects.

44 replies to this topic
Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

The lightning does look epic but I never really noticed it unless I was flying so its not a big deal to me but its still a shame.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Um, there's still lighting during Friend Reunited for me. >_<

Matty_1980
  • Matty_1980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

But there are NO lightning BOLTS anymore. All patches remove the lightning bolt effects. 

Gta_v_lightning.jpg

Before any of the updates, these lightning bolts were everywhere. 

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

But there are NO lightning BOLTS anymore. All patches remove the lightning bolt effects. 

Gta_v_lightning.jpg

This is why I'm playing my PS3 ver. without patches... when I go play online, I update the game, when I go play story, I delete the patch... 

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Month old necro bump... awesome.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Gta_v_lightning.jpg

This is why I'm playing my PS3 ver. without patches... when I go play online, I update the game, when I go play story, I delete the patch... 

can you clarify something for me bud? Does it seem to you like the graphics were better without the patches?

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Gta_v_lightning.jpg

can you clarify something for me bud? Does it seem to you like the graphics were better without the patches?

To me, the graphics don't changed. I don't see any improvement... But some things, like the driving, and some details, I prefer without the patches... the lightning bolts, well, I don't noticed from myself, but I made the test and, yes, with patch, I don't see them anymore... some other things, like the prices of some car mod changed with the patches... the prices decreased... but i already had modified all personal chars car with the max... and my money don't have back... so, I don't care about the patches.

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

The reason the lightning bolts have disappeared was because every time a lightning bolt struck the ground a multiplayer character was deleted.  Now with the patches, fewer characters are disappearing so fewer lightning bolts are appearing.  I believe this is the result of the programmers smoking weed when they were coding GTA Online. 

:rol:

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

so the storms are absolutely pointless now they have no meaning

Matty_1980
  • Matty_1980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Good news! The latest 1.08 patch RESTORES the lightning bolt effects! WOOT WOOT! :panic:  :colgate:

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Good news! The latest 1.08 patch RESTORES the lightning bolt effects! WOOT WOOT! :panic:  :colgate:

it was restored in 1.07 but anyway, WOOT WOOT! :panic:  :colgate:

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

I apologise for the rather large bump, but I have to ask if the lightning strike effects were once again removed from the game and if that is the case, whether or not they have been re-implemented. I ask out of curiosity after the Flight School update actually allowed me to play a mission that contains a scripted thunderstorm sequence, and I have to wonder whether or not this means that they're now likely to show up again, as in the interim period between late 2013 and now, I've noticed a distinct lack of aforementioned storms in both GTA Online and GTA V.

• Tyler likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

I apologise for the rather large bump, but I have to ask if the lightning strike effects were once again removed from the game and if that is the case, whether or not they have been re-implemented. I ask out of curiosity after the Flight School update actually allowed me to play a mission that contains a scripted thunderstorm sequence, and I have to wonder whether or not this means that they're now likely to show up again, as in the interim period between late 2013 and now, I've noticed a distinct lack of aforementioned storms in both GTA Online and GTA V.

They're still here. During the "City Landing" flight school challenge, I saw a huge lightning bolt in the sky.

• Finite likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by Secura, 19 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Ah yes WildBrick, that was the storm to which I was referring, however that is a scripted instance and not one that you come across in the actual open world. So I still think the answer to the question I posed isn't quite that straightforward.

• Tyler likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Just checked both in "Friends Reunited" and free-roam and I still got the lighting bolt effect. Storms can also still happen in free-roam but they're very rare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users