Quantcast

» «
Photo

The cops aren't as funny as they were in other GTAs.

138 replies to this topic
iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

I miss the fat cops from gta3.. but cmon its not realistic

Is realistic really still an argument these days in a GTA game.. lol

Yeah I don't feel like there are any iconic pedestrians in the game. Anybody remember the blue striped button up shirt dude from San Andreas or the dude in the orange sweater with the bucket hat?

"You like my asshole.. always holdin up sh*t!".. "them white boys had me on crystal meth" lmfaooo

The peds and police in V lack that flamboyant personality like the ones in past games..

thats because they were so limited... there was probably 10 of these guys on one corner at a time.

trevor has had plenty of hilarious momemnts. if you missed them, i suggest you replay from the beginning. it would be nice to hear some "wtf" dialogue, but i feel that there are plenty of other items and things to make you say the exact same thing. subliminal humor is the best kind in my opinion. and then there is trevor, just as out spoken as they come, and hilarious while doing it.

aladdin85
  • aladdin85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

love some of the old examples of dialogue. man it used to be so good

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 18 October 2013 - 04:52 PM.

someone told me if you shoot one, the other will drag him out of the line of fire.. never noticed it myself but that is pretty awesome if its true.

yep, i finally got to see that animation the other day. it was so awesome. too bad the cop dragged his partner(a female) to a car i had placed a sticky bomb. you know how it ended!

btw i just love when cops are chasing you and just about when the wanted level is about to go to 2 stars, the cop say "hey you better stop or you would end up dead" hahaha love that line
  • iiGh0STt likes this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

What's realistic about GTA anyways?  

DaGGerz
  • DaGGerz

Trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Sanandreas: Hey I can see my house from here!

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

the funniest things said by peds in GTA V are when you are stealing their car.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Gst0395, 18 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

The cops in GTA IV were some of the funniest. I loved their lines like "I'll shoot your tits off" or "Lets tango, cowboy!".Haven't heard any memorable cop quotes in GTA V, unless some car speaker ones count.

Honestly though, people will complain about anything I guess.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Another thing that was funny in IV, but not realistic, was police backup turning up to a firefight & wiping out their fellow officers who are already at the scene. Now this was due to the poorer driver AI in IV, but it was hilarious. 

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

The thing I hate the most about V --> the cops.

You can't do sh*t or they will chase you. Even when you just stand near people or on the sidewalk with your car you will get a wanted level. ("OMG, realism! :(" I play this game for fun, not to have a second life and worry I do something against the law -.-)

And when they come they don't even say something funny.,,, -.- 

Fix this R*, thank you

• Dismantles likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by biggsull, 18 October 2013 - 08:08 PM.

In GTA V the cops are way too serious. Just telling you to "GET THE f*ck DOWN" and "STOP RUNNING" and this kind of boring bullsh*t. What happened?

I dunno, its more realistic, cops just open fire on unarmed women for traffic violations and give commands for you to be submissive or die... or both.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

LMAO. This is when you know a game is perfect, when someone is only complaining about the funniness of the cops. :D

• LeelooPL likes this

F-22_Raptor-02
  • F-22_Raptor-02

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Is realistic really still an argument these days in a GTA game.. lol

Yeah I don't feel like there are any iconic pedestrians in the game. Anybody remember the blue striped button up shirt dude from San Andreas or the dude in the orange sweater with the bucket hat?

"You like my asshole.. always holdin up sh*t!".. "them white boys had me on crystal meth" lmfaooo

The peds and police in V lack that flamboyant personality like the ones in past games..

knocking you out and smoking your moneh

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

LMAO. This is when you know a game is perfect, when someone is only complaining about the funniness of the cops. :D

No, just no -.-

droidbradley
  • droidbradley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

and the crappy online and the driving physics and the driving damage and the lack of interiors and the pointless underwater and the amount of missions and mediocre story and the glitches, but yeah other than that the game is perfect.

• Soda and Soap likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I honestly can't remember a lot of the things GTA 3 cops said.

God, all peds in GTA V are boring as hell. I keep hearing the same quote from some Mexican guy over and over again. "f*ck me in the ass!"

...that's not funny.

'' CHEESY VAGINAS ! ''
'' Mommy .. is that you inside that man ? ''
'' Too many gorillas ! ''

Even the hobos had something funny to say ..

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

The talk stations in V are the worse I have witnessed in a GTA and the cops are f*cking lame. 

There are so few talk shows on WCTR and BCTR. There are only 3 on each when there were 3 radio stations in IV which of one was only Lazlows radio station and the two others had 8 talk shows while in SA WCTR had 8 talk show that where all gold. But The Fernando Show and Beyond Insemination are the funniest ones since SA. 

OT: I find the cops funny sometimes when they scream and shout and I've heard some good lines but they have dubbed down the funnyness.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Inbred dickwad!

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I remember in IV when I got shot by the cops and my death goes in slow motion, I heard one cop say " Damn! I hate being investigated!!" :lol:

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

You reach so far up your ass for a way to polish rockstars rod, that I'm surprised your hand doesnt come out your mouth.

• Dismantles likes this

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

"Your going to make me run now aren't you?"

I agree OP.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by AlienWillHeMonsta, 18 October 2013 - 10:34 PM.

The ones that stand out for me:

"Im gonna put my foot so far up your ass" -Vice city

"Oh no Ive run of bullets!"

"Dont worry I got extra" - San Andreas

"I can see my house from here" - San Andreas

"Somebody give me mouth to mouth" -GTA IV

There's a line the Puerto Rican / Domincan cops say in GTAIV. I cant understand a word of it but it cracks me up.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

There are some moments in this game that are hilarious.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:34 PM Edited by brootalperry, 18 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

meh, its just one thing after another though. i guess its a legit "request" to make cops and pedestrians funny?! but damn... first its not real enough now its too hard.

cry me a f*cking river

there is a million other hilarious things in this game you all have overlooked just to gripe about random quotes. theres also a million stunning visuals, some are also hilarious, that you all seemed to have missed as well.

I am pretty open minded but this same thing one post after another about sh*t rockstar could have done, or did do before and did not do this time, is played the f*ck out.

i guess you all want to be able to get that 6 star wanted level and hope they say something funny right before they f*ck your day up right?

its supposed to make you realize that you might not get away with stealing that car, or shooting that random person. when you are wanted, you better learn how to shake em. I personally have little problems outrunning the police in this game, but every now and then they just own my ass.... sh*t happens. its usually pretty epic, and enjoyable anyways.

pick a medium and be happy, play the game and enjoy the stuff that is verbally and visually funny. there is plenty of it.

Funny one liners from cops and peds are a tradition in GTA games. That's what everyone is getting at.

Why turn a topic like this into something so serious?

My favorite dialogs are from IV, but I liked it when sometimes you jacked a car in SA, CJ would say "damn son, you just got jacked" or something like that.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

They're smart now...what do you want more ?
Fun enough for us

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Yet another reason found to complain.

This time it's dialogue and humor despite there being plenty of both in the game.

Next time it'll probably be something like

"not enough trees in sandy shores"

or perhaps

"all pedestrians have similar shoes"

• JustinZS likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by brootalperry, 18 October 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Some dialog from IV that I like are:

"I am on to you like white on rice"

or the Alderney cops would say "Dispatch, the dumbass is on foot" 

lmao 

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

IRL though, cops are dicks and not funny.  They should be hated and it is perfect.  ACAB, pigs are the lowest pieces of sh*t in society.  They should be ashamed of who they are.

Howabout you hate the system instead of hating every person who becomes a police officer.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 18 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.

The realistic take creates the impression that they're actually trying to kill you rather than pissing around in circles while cracking jokes in between. 

• Echolex likes this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

The realistic take creates the impression that they're actually trying to kill you rather than pissing around in circles while cracking jokes in between. I miss the amusing dialogue, but I can always start up and old GTA if it bothered me that much.

This.

I miss it only now that I'm aware of it because of this thread.

I didn't notice because I was too busy actually enjoying myself. (Wow!)

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

IRL though, cops are dicks and not funny.  They should be hated and it is perfect.  ACAB, pigs are the lowest pieces of sh*t in society.  They should be ashamed of who they are.

My dad's a cop, dick.

I wish they took a more comedic approach with the peds and police, hearing random comments while walking around always cracked me up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users