Quantcast

» «
Photo

The cops aren't as funny as they were in other GTAs.

138 replies to this topic
MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I remember in San Andreas and Vice City they cops said some real funny stuff. My favourite quote in Vice City in fact was the cops saying "Make me run and I'll get all sweaty." They also said stuff like "I'll BEAT you for this," "Don't make me run." And another one; "I'll chase you but I've had too many doughnuts..."

"C'mon, hit me, I wanna retire!"

In San Andreas you had the funny guys in the chopper. "Hey, she's cute..." "She, is a HE. That's a guy!" or again, something on those lines. GTA IV had so many voice clips but the cops were still funny.

In GTA V the cops are way too serious. Just telling you to "GET THE f*ck DOWN" and "STOP RUNNING" and this kind of boring bullsh*t. What happened?

• Mister Pink, Midnightz and Duxfever like this

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I miss the fat cops from gta3.. but cmon its not realistic

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I remember one of the cops saying "Kicking names and taking ass!"

• archiebunker and Savidge like this

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yeah I wish the cops had more funny one-liners. The ones in IV cracked me up..."I got a bullet aimed right for your balls, bitch!"

The female sheriff in the countryside stands out for me so far. She is hilarious at times.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

In GTA 4 I remember one cop saying "HEY sh*tDICK! OUTA THE CAR!" lol good times. :D

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeh I know right, I was gonna even make a topic about how some of the peds don't even have much of a funny personallity like the past GTAs.

I remember in IV I pucnhed a cop car sitting at a light and then the cop's intercom came on and said " I'm that badass nigga yo mamma warned you about!"

• archiebunker and theGTAking101 like this

obey11
  • obey11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

It was also funny in GTA IV how when you were in a shootout with the police and you shot the fat cop he would say "tell my wife I love her" Too funny
  • Eazyy likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 18 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

someone told me if you shoot one, the other will drag him out of the line of fire.. never noticed it myself but that is pretty awesome if its true.

and i have heard plenty of hilarious things from pedestrians.

• obey11 likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yes, the police system has changed to one more serious and boring system since the previous games. (As many here says). Police is overpowered, i hope there will be a patch that will slow it down.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

"Make me run and I'll get all sweaty" GTA 3 cops.

• Eazyy likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I honestly can't remember a lot of the things GTA 3 cops said.

God, all peds in GTA V are boring as hell. I keep hearing the same quote from some Mexican guy over and over again. "f*ck me in the ass!"

...that's not funny.

• Midnightz, D T, MGT86 and 2 others like this

manik05
  • manik05

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

I remember in San Andreas and Vice City they cops said some real funny stuff. My favourite quote in Vice City in fact was the cops saying "Make me run and I'll get all sweaty." They also said stuff like "I'll BEAT you for this," "Don't make me run." And another one; "I'll chase you but I've had too many doughnuts..."

"C'mon, hit me, I wanna retire!"

In San Andreas you had the funny guys in the chopper. "Hey, she's cute..." "She, is a HE. That's a guy!" or again, something on those lines. GTA IV had so many voice clips but the cops were still funny.

In GTA V the cops are way too serious. Just telling you to "GET THE f*ck DOWN" and "STOP RUNNING" and this kind of boring bullsh*t. What happened?

your right, they are c*nts just like real life.

alexx720
  • alexx720

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

go play tetris or something more easy kid this is GTA V not mario bros

manik05
  • manik05

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

he made a valid point. whats yours ?

• theGTAking101 and jeanrjm like this

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hey everyone LOOK, this motherf*cker is here...
  • theGTAking101 and iiGh0STt like this

TaazR
  • TaazR

$$$

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I don't think I've heard the cops say anything funny in V. What happened to the GTA humor?? In all the other games the peds said random funny stuff, the cops said completely unprofessional but hilarious one liners, and the ads on the radio were funny and satirical. In V none of these are funny anymore, they just tried to make them all as serious and realistic as possible. Even random signs everywhere that said "69" are nowhere to be found in V

• jeanrjm likes this

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I agree, I also agree about the peds in the game being unfunny..

"I'm just tryna help the community, you know?"

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!!

No. Sure it's realistic and I'm all for realism but having peds/cops saying the most absurd thing is at the heart of GTA humour.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 18 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

meh, its just one thing after another though. i guess its a legit "request" to make cops and pedestrians funny?! but damn... first its not real enough now its too hard.

cry me a f*cking river

there is a million other hilarious things in this game you all have overlooked just to gripe about random quotes. theres also a million stunning visuals, some are also hilarious, that you all seemed to have missed as well.

I am pretty open minded but this same thing one post after another about sh*t rockstar could have done, or did do before and did not do this time, is played the f*ck out.

i guess you all want to be able to get that 6 star wanted level and hope they say something funny right before they f*ck your day up right?

its supposed to make you realize that you might not get away with stealing that car, or shooting that random person. when you are wanted, you better learn how to shake em. I personally have little problems outrunning the police in this game, but every now and then they just own my ass.... sh*t happens. its usually pretty epic, and enjoyable anyways.

pick a medium and be happy, play the game and enjoy the stuff that is verbally and visually funny. there is plenty of it.

• StarFyer and LeelooPL like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

"Hey! Where are you going? HELLO???"

I miss cops from IV  :cry:

• Costar, Scaglietti and jeanrjm like this

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

meh, its just one thing after another though. i guess its a legit "request" to make cops and pedestrians funny?! but damn... first its not real enough now its too hard.
cry me a f*cking river
there is a million other hilarious things in this game you all have overlooked just to gripe about random quotes. theres also a million stunning visuals, some are also hilarious, that you all seemed to have missed as well.
I am pretty open minded but this same thing one post after another about sh*t rockstar could have done, or did do before and did not do this time, is played the f*ck out.

Nobody here is demanding they recall all voice actors and re-do cop lines to be funny. It's just a general observation of the game dialogue. I honestly really enjoy this game and such, but we're all allowed our little nitpicks.

Huso
  • Huso

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

not only peds.. story was also not funny if you compare it with gta iv many characters were funny

• theGTAking101 likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nobody here is demanding they recall all voice actors and re-do cop lines to be funny. It's just a general observation of the game dialogue. I honestly really enjoy this game and such, but we're all allowed our little nitpicks.

got it. nit picks we all have em. i have made a couple, but nothing about what should be and used to be. more constructive complaints and fixing issues with the game is my focus, not verbal dialogue when they obviously made police more realistic for a reason.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

I miss the "And everyone had a threeway!" dialogue when a cop was downed, I miss the funny cops.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

got it. nit picks we all have em. i have made a couple, but nothing about what should be and used to be. more constructive complaints and fixing issues with the game is my focus, not verbal dialogue when they obviously made police more realistic for a reason.

Oh I agree that in the scale of the problems in GTA V this is minuscule, but like I said it's just a personal nitpick. I'm personally on the tracks about 'police realism' I'm one of those guys that prefers realism in games, but then again the humour dialogue is something we've all expected from the series. I honestly don't mind either way, just a little observation.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

The humor in V overall is dumbed down from the past GTAs. I haven't laughed my ass off at anything in V. IV was funny, VC was funny, and III was the best.

The talk stations in V are the worse I have witnessed in a GTA and the cops are f*cking lame. As if making the cops experts wasn't bad enough, they're not even funny. Did they forget what GTA is partually known for? Puns, dark humor, etc. Cops in IV said:

I'm dat badass nigga yo mamma warned u about

I love to beat civilians

Now you can't find a cop on the street and if you do, they either arrest you for looking at them or say something lame. Like... what the f*ck happened? :( This is awful, just... I don't know what to say.
  • Blingy, Costar, WildBrick142 and 1 other like this

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

I need friends

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

I guess because they're know as the "fun police", anything you do gets you in trouble, whether it be walking, accidentally bumping a pedestrian, going near them, or basically doing anything, so maybe that's why they're not funny. Also, am I playing the game too much, or are there less stock quotes for pedestrians? Sometimes I keep hearing the exact same saying from pedestrians. I liked when they had more comedic quotes, it made the game have a better feel towards it being a parody of the US.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yeah I miss this so badly.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

IRL though, cops are dicks and not funny.  They should be hated and it is perfect.  ACAB, pigs are the lowest pieces of sh*t in society.  They should be ashamed of who they are.

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by [ÁT], 18 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

I miss the fat cops from gta3.. but cmon its not realistic

Is realistic really still an argument these days in a GTA game.. lol

Yeah I don't feel like there are any iconic pedestrians in the game. Anybody remember the blue striped button up shirt dude from San Andreas or the dude in the orange sweater with the bucket hat?

"You like my asshole.. always holdin up sh*t!".. "them white boys had me on crystal meth" lmfaooo

The peds and police in V lack that flamboyant personality like the ones in past games..

• Mister Pink likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

I don't think the peds dialogue is that great either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users