Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where should GTA (6 or maybe a fiction made city) be set?

10 replies to this topic
KSF_331
  • KSF_331

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Since San Andreas,Liberty city and Vice city came through the non-fiction cities like London etc; didn't play much role in the GTA franchise now.
What do you guys think that GTA 6 should be set? It could maybe a fiction or non-fiction city.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

There are 1000 billion threads about this, but I want GTA 6 to be in Vice City or even whole Florida or atleast southern part.

• KSF_331 likes this

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Grand Theft Auto covering Albuquerque. You can be a Southern drug-dealer (preferably meth as its high in demand by the Hispanic people(s). Or it could be in the United Kingdom (but not in the 1960's). You could have it set on football hooligans, or general British mobs. Maybe a gypsy gang.. lmaoo

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

It will not be:

-Outside the USA, the biggest market for these games is probably the USA, which is also the most loud-mouthed. They'll threaten to boycott it if they can't understand the characters (then buy it anyway)

-Set in the past, back beyond 2001, anyway. The current games have the internet and smartphones. If they take them out, there will be endless complaints from morons who think the game is "worse" because they've "removed features" (even if they add loads more features to make up for it). These morons will then say they're going to boycott the game (then buy it anyway).

So obviously, I want it to be set in Rio de Janeiro in the 70's. Just go and google some pictures of that city! Huge cliffs, dense forests and loads of islands - you could have no end of fun on the roads, on boats and on light aircraft. Then there's the grim slum areas full of drugs and deprivation. You could either be a lowly criminal in the slums trying to make his way up, or maybe a rich crime lord who falls from grace and needs to work his way back to the top. There could also be a lot of inland area away from the city and maybe some shrunken versions of other Brazilian cities.

Of course, this would all be 'fakerised', maybe even set in a fake, small country that's based mainly on Brazil but with elements of other South American countries too (maybe with a version of Panama and a desert to represent Mexico, though in the game they'd all be parts of the same country). The characters would perhaps speak English (or a dub or sub could be an option), and signs would be in Portugese but if you 'aimed' at them they would turn English, like in that old horror game set on a Russian ship.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Texas for me. California, Florida, and Texas probably have the most variety that GTA could explore with. I think Cali has the most, but Texas and Florida are great as well.

AgelessDisaster
  • AgelessDisaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Maybe NYC, get some snow and tons of mafia action. Buy the Empire State Building or Statue of Liberty.

KSF_331
  • KSF_331

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Maybe NYC, get some snow and tons of mafia action. Buy the Empire State Building or Statue of Liberty.

I thought Liberty city was based on NYC?

KSF_331
  • KSF_331

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

It will not be:
-Outside the USA, the biggest market for these games is probably the USA, which is also the most loud-mouthed. They'll threaten to boycott it if they can't understand the characters (then buy it anyway)
-Set in the past, back beyond 2001, anyway. The current games have the internet and smartphones. If they take them out, there will be endless complaints from morons who think the game is "worse" because they've "removed features" (even if they add loads more features to make up for it). These morons will then say they're going to boycott the game (then buy it anyway).

So obviously, I want it to be set in Rio de Janeiro in the 70's. Just go and google some pictures of that city! Huge cliffs, dense forests and loads of islands - you could have no end of fun on the roads, on boats and on light aircraft. Then there's the grim slum areas full of drugs and deprivation. You could either be a lowly criminal in the slums trying to make his way up, or
maybe a rich crime lord who falls from grace and needs to work his way back to the top. There could also be a lot of inland area away from the city and maybe some shrunken versions of other Brazilian cities.
Of course, this would all be 'fakerised', maybe even set in a fake, small country that's based mainly on Brazil but with elements of other South American countries too (maybe with a version of Panama and a desert to represent Mexico, though in the game they'd all be parts of the same
country). The characters would perhaps speak English (or a dub or sub
could be an option), and signs would be in Portugese but if you 'aimed' at them they would turn English, like in that old horror game set on a Russian ship.

What do you think Rockstar should set the name of the "fiction" Rio De Janerio?

KSF_331
  • KSF_331

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Texas for me. California, Florida, and Texas probably have the most variety that GTA could explore with. I think Cali has the most, but Texas and Florida are great as well.

Does this come with any myths you think?

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Vice City or Las Venturas

Pelle
  • Pelle

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Las Venturas, San Fierro, Vice City or possibly a rendition of Chicago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users