Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guys Who Roleplay As Girls In Games Are Weirdos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
734 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos? (1114 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos?

1. yes; deep down they probably have some type of unresolved sex issues (382 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

2. yes but more because they try to use gender as an advatage for free items and protection (118 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

3. no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy (302 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

4. no because I don't play characters as an extension of myself (261 votes [19.68%])

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

5. I don't think anything is wrong with guys that do it but I wouldn't do it myself (156 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. meh those guys are okay, theyre just a little feminine. those brony creepos on the other hand.. (107 votes [8.07%])

Percentage of vote: 8.07%

Vote
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

The only thing that bothers me is that guys online will be like "Oh, I bet that's not a girl, it;s probably some guy, what a creep!!" and then try to kill me me because apparently I'm some freaky guy :/

Which I'm not, I actually am a girl...

I'd rather have the creeps who hit in my character than guys who want to shoot me because of it, though it is pretty funny when I kill them so many times they run away :)

Put on your mic.

Talk.

Get treated like a princess.  I play with two girls who play GTA, and that sh*t always happens when they finally get on the mic and talk, lol.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Just scanning through this thread is making me lose faith in humanity ...

Darkly-X
  • Darkly-X

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

So what? who cares? I'd rather be a weirdo then be a boring simple person. 

I'm a f*cking colorful rainbow, So f*ck you.

• irishsm0ke, sam1ches and TheCarni like this

GameBroAdvanced
  • GameBroAdvanced

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

I have a guy character on GTA, but on Mass Effect femshep is the ONLY Shep. Deal with it.
  • archiebunker likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by AzraelX, 19 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.

There's a difference between a man playing a female character and a man roleplaying a female character.

Pretty much.

I imagine the OP thought all avatars had the same gender as the person playing them, the same way he assumes they all have the same hair color, hair style, ethnicity, age, etc.

After meeting an attractive female avatar in the game, he felt the blood rushing away from his brain, and it was love at first sight. He drove at top speed across the city, back to his garage, to get the custom Adder he'd purchased with the millions he'd been glitching at LSC all week. He knew that if that didn't impress her, nothing would. He took it back to where she was, pulling up alongside her, and honked his $15000 musical horn. He could feel the sweat streaming down from his greasy hair and soaking the XXL Snuggie plastered tightly across his back, not knowing how she would react.

She looked at him, with those beautiful pixels shaped like female eyeballs, and his cholesterol-laden heart skipped a beat. And then, the unthinkable happened: she got into the passenger seat. His jaw hit the floor, fully exposing the rotting yellow remnants of what used to be teeth in his mouth. He had never been this close to a female before, everything was moving so fast. He could already hear the wedding bells in their future. But before that, there was one last hurdle he had to overcome. He knew he would have to summon his massive courage and somehow actually talk to a girl.

His hands shaking, he opened up her gamer profile, and sent her an invite to chat. This was it, the greatest milestone of his entire life. He audibly gasped when she accepted, his head spinning with the euphoria that had overcome him. And then, in a pretty normal sounding guy's voice, she said "Hey, what's up?"

He couldn't believe it! This cross-dressing tranny had led him on, maliciously played with his heart, and then gleeful crushed it in their hand. He felt so ill that he threw up in his mouth, but realizing it still tasted a little like cheetos and mountain dew, he swallowed it back down easily. However, his rage at being deceived could not be controlled. In the game, he immediately got out of his Adder, dropped a grenade next to it, and ran away. That was just the beginning, though.

He exited GTA Online quickly so that wretched scummy pervert couldn't kill him back, and threw his controller against the wall before waddling as fast as he could to his mom's computer. He opened up the browser, went straight to the forums, and spent the next half an hour angrily typing in poll options to make sure everyone was aware of this disgusting, grotesque behavior. Finally, he would have an outlet to vent all his sexual frustrations.

And here we are.

• Alwintheboy, Hamsterbaffle, Durden and 11 others like this

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Guys wut do i do, im playing an asian murderer and car thief and i'm not asian and never murdered or boosted a car in my life oh noes im a weirdo

• GameBroAdvanced and sam1ches like this

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

It makes me sick when guys use female avatars. R* added the option due to a few female GTA players that otherwise, would've deemed R* misogynistic (even more so than the reviewers that took off a point due to misogyny).

Their malicious intent is what really bothers me. Most guys using female avatars in GTA are doing so in order to take advantage of kids' hormones that draws them to treat females differently (even though its a video game). These victims will lower their defense because they want to "woo" the lady, and then the sexually confused female user will kill the defenseless teenager.

It's disgusting to watch - that's my beef with this. Guys using female avatars in GTA has made me a little misogynistic, to be honest. If you're just playing as a female for the kicks of eyeballing her, then I take pity on you and can only hope that one day you snap out of it and get a girlfriend or something. There's a time & place for everything; in GTA, the only feminism should be the females at the strip club. 

lmao. ummm ok.

pretty sure everyone in this thread that has posted that they use female characters has proved most of your thoughts here false. as i pointed out earlier, the use of created female characters is VERY common and popular enough that other games have geared themselves towards is. 

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:43 PM Edited by demonjlh, 19 October 2013 - 04:47 PM.

There's a difference between a man playing a female character and a man roleplaying a female character.

Pretty much.

I imagine the OP thought all avatars had the same gender as the person playing them, the same way he assumes they all have the same hair color, hair style, ethnicity, age, etc.

After meeting an attractive female avatar in the game, he felt the blood rushing away from his brain, and it was love at first sight. He drove at top speed across the city, back to his garage, to get the custom Adder he'd purchased with the millions he'd been glitching at LSC all week. He knew that if that didn't impress her, nothing would. He took it back to where she was, pulling up alongside her, and honked his $15000 musical horn. He could feel the sweat streaming down from his greasy hair and soaking the XXL Snuggie plastered tightly across his back, not knowing how she would react.

She looked at him, with those beautiful pixels shaped like female eyeballs, and his cholesterol-laden heart skipped a beat. And then, the unthinkable happened: she got into the passenger seat. His jaw hit the floor, fully exposing the rotting yellow remnants of what used to be teeth in his mouth. He had never been this close to a female before, everything was moving so fast. He could already hear the wedding bells in their future. But before that, there was one last hurdle he had to overcome. He knew he would have to summon his massive courage and somehow actually talk to a girl.

His hands shaking, he opened up her gamer profile, and sent her an invite to chat. This was it, the greatest milestone of his entire life. He audibly gasped when she accepted, his head spinning with the euphoria that had overcome him. And then, in a pretty normal sounding guy's voice, she said "Hey, what's up?"

He couldn't believe it! This cross-dressing tranny had led him on, maliciously played with his heart, and then gleeful crushed it in their hand. He felt so ill that he threw up in his mouth, but realizing it still tasted a little like cheetos and mountain dew, he swallowed it back down easily. However, his rage at being deceived could not be controlled. In the game, he immediately got out of his Adder, dropped a grenade next to it, and ran away. That was just the beginning, though.

He exited GTA Online quickly so that wretched scummy pervert couldn't kill him back, and threw his controller against the wall before waddling as fast as he could to his mom's computer. He opened up the browser, went straight to the forums, and spent the next half an hour angrily typing in poll options to make sure everyone was aware of this disgusting, grotesque behavior. Finally, he would have an outlet to vent all his sexual frustrations.

And here we are.

i just "liked" this so hard i broke my mouse. thanks, ahole.

LOL

on Mass Effect femshep is the ONLY Shep. Deal with it.

wait. there's a male Shep option?! wtf...who would do that?!

• GameBroAdvanced likes this

GameBroAdvanced
  • GameBroAdvanced

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Pretty much.

And here we are.

10/10 would read again.
  • -Asura- likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by Lagful, 19 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

The only time I play as female characters is when they have smaller hitboxes.

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

photo-851154.gif?_r=1380081832

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

photo-851154.gif?_r=1380081832

Damn straight

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have several sexual issues, including addiction which ive substitued for video game addiction.
That said it doesnt influence my choice of gender ingame. In the case of mass effect it was the voice actor that made me choose female over male. In dino crisis 2 i prefered regina over david because she had the better guns.

GTAO, Ive only got a male avatar.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

It's funny how so many feel the need to defend their decisions.

o.O

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 19 October 2013 - 06:41 PM.

It's funny how so many feel the need to defend their decisions.

o.O

The implication that you're making is moot. I could make a thread that went "Guys who like pie are weirdos" and people would go to that thread and defend their decision to eat pie.

oldak
  • oldak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

All of the poll options reflect the OP's bias. Each to their own. If you're a girl and you play as a guy, who cares. If you're a guy and you play as a girl, who cares. Having a problem with someone else's character preferences suggests an insecurity on the OP's part.

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

you know I never understood this, they say oh I wanna stare at a womans ass for hours, not a guys, if you ask me that's an excuse, for something else,  why the heck are you staring at  your charctars arse anyway, pay attention to the game not the arse of the  charctar...

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I chose to play as a chick if I can, especially if she is sexy. I wish I could make some samiches in my apartment like a real woman, but I can't. I am a terrible driver, but that's not because I chose to play as a chick. It's funny to think some kid out there thinks he got killed by a sexy Asian chick in a bikini and a monkey face. 

Maybe my sexual issue is I'm attracted to females, oh jesus.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I don't make a big deal about my gender, race, religion, sexuality, nationality, etc. We are all one. One love.

• oldak likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't make a big deal about my gender, race, religion, sexuality, nationality, etc. We are all one. One love.

Clearly the whole reason for this stupidity is down to R* choosing Radio Ga-Ga rather than One Vision.

Crossed Sabres
  • Crossed Sabres

Bad Bish

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

I made a smoking hot avatar.  Got her dressed up in a mini skirt, heels and bustier.  What's wrong with using a female?  I can't even believe this is a topic. 

I think it's funny.  OP thinks people like me are sexually frustrated or something, but it's usually the other way around.  He's so caught up in his own sexual and social norms that he has to then project those insecurities online as well.  Look pal, I'm secure enough with my own personal masculinity that it doesn't bother me using a female avatar.  It's like that saying, "I'm so manly, I can wear pink."

Stop being a nerd, OP.

• oldak and sam1ches like this

AdjutantShepard
  • AdjutantShepard

Commander of the Normandy

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ikr, A example is Justin Bieber. She's a girl playing a guy in this "Real life" game I been hearing about.

Shame on her.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

think the OP is a weirdo...

I concur.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Clearly the whole reason for this stupidity is down to R* choosing Radio Ga-Ga rather than One Vision.

Yeah! And some Bob Marley on the reggae station.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

I don't find it weird. I usually play as a female character if the female body has big andersons like in Skyrim or Saints Row.

• KingCantona likes this

manny_calavera
  • manny_calavera

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

So people who use kajhit characters in Skyrim are weirdos that innerly wish they were cats?

GambleGamble
  • GambleGamble

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hentai weirdos GTFO

Brony weirdos GTFO

My work is done

Come at me.

Lauren-of-Lore
  • Lauren-of-Lore

Queen of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I love how the poll assumes everyone on the forum is a dude.

Since there's no option: Who cares? is what I would've voted for.

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I also have a friend who's having all these useless questions about why dont you spray and paint your car the same color? Because i have another taste than you... why is the color pink availabale in the game.... why do you have a female character and so on.... not everything needs to be symmetric! Thank you

Davexen
  • Davexen

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I don't know why anyone would care if some guy does a female roleplay. It that makes a guy a weirdo, wouldn't the same be true for pretty much everyone? I mean, can a white man play as a black man? Or a black girl as a white man? Or an 18-year-old as a 40-year-old? Are we all weirdos for playing as Trevor even though the majority of us haven't tried to stomp a foot down a toilet? When playing a race or a different mission where you can view the other players before the start, just take a look at them. In my experience about 90% of them are males with either a small beard, sunglasses, or both. They don't all have beards and wear sunglasses in real life. They just like the way it looks and it fits the character they're playing as. I personally play as a female, I think it's fun exactly because she's so different than I am. I don't try to replicate myself in a game. For this same reason I enjoy playing as a Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls, like manny_calavera mentioned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users