Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guys Who Roleplay As Girls In Games Are Weirdos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
734 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos? (1114 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos?

1. yes; deep down they probably have some type of unresolved sex issues (382 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

2. yes but more because they try to use gender as an advatage for free items and protection (118 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

3. no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy (302 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

4. no because I don't play characters as an extension of myself (261 votes [19.68%])

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

5. I don't think anything is wrong with guys that do it but I wouldn't do it myself (156 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. meh those guys are okay, theyre just a little feminine. those brony creepos on the other hand.. (107 votes [8.07%])

Percentage of vote: 8.07%

Vote
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by Chukkles, 19 October 2013 - 09:59 AM.

When you say roleplaying you mean get into the mindset and do girly things right?

I played GTAIV for something like four years, I changed my characters up alot, Black men and women and white men and women, I never tried to be like any of these characters, it's just to freshen up what I am looking at. Oh there was the one time when I spent 20 minutes being a zombie with my zombie character n a DM while raping people.

I had an equal amount of men and women characters on Max Payne 3 which again I changed often for the year I played it.

Also playing as a female characters like Lara croft, Joanna Dark and other well know female characters in games perfectly fine.

So what are you getting at.

Other than skate, (number 3 allows a team, so again I had a team of men and women) I never make myself in games. I've got it pretty close in GTAV to myself but I have Character 2 slot as a woman, daughter of John Marston to be exact. I will play with her when I get bored of looking at this ugly interpretation of myself and eventually I will have another 3 slots for more characters, probably 2 men 1 woman.

Its literally because it gets boring looking at the same character after a while.

I haven't voted because the options are dumb at best and do not really come close to my explanation.

Also Girls in GTAIV were faster and more agile, not sure about V.
Sorry to guys who had that as a secret tactic.
It's not secret to those who know.

Just read this, ha.

quote name="AJ Lee" post="1063805850" timestamp="1382168074"]
Female character has smaller hit box?

Well that's my excuse.

That's the case in Max Payne 3, but I'm not quite sure about GTA Online.  They are supposedly taller, and they have larger hit boxes in the chest and abdomen areas.

Surely it's unfair to have 1 gender with a larger hit box? How can they justifying putting an entire gender at a disadvantage?
So again, females in GTAIV were much faster and more agile than men.
Kinda f*cks with ops point about it being weird. Shame people need to feel such boundaries.

IbarakiBen
  • IbarakiBen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

Not quite.

Men often just want to create a female character to look at and dress up to make up for the fact they are single and gives them some eye candy.

Some on the other hand, just do not care and want to be different. I do not think it is down to issues or neuroses. Just fantasy.

However, men who create a complete online profile that pretend to be a woman and talk to men, that is closer to having issues, denial and sexual inadequacies.

• Flexx likes this

Vrgadin
  • Vrgadin

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by Vrgadin, 19 October 2013 - 10:27 AM.

umm so what?  maybe they have tranny issues but cant afford implants?  i happen to think trannies are hot.  id get with one.  is it a crime now to have had so much sex that it takes more and more extreme things to get off?

oh topic.....yeh uh  i find nothing wrong with it =)

ShawntezPhillips
  • ShawntezPhillips

Shawn

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:34 AM Edited by ShawntezPhillips, 19 October 2013 - 10:38 AM.

I only found out about "bronies" in the last few months and what I've seen is truly disturbing.  I'm not sure it should be included in any poll because it makes it unfair for all of the other options.

In my experience, most bronies are just people who watch the show. Everything else is just personal things that gets bunched in with the show. You know, like if you like to cosplay and you like My Little Pony, put two and two together.....

Its kinda sad. I had a former friend who I used to rap and chill out with. We were really cool until i told him that my favorite cartoon (at the time) was My little pony. Immediately after he started to call me weird and judged me unconditionally.

Actually I just think he is retarded. I knew him for 2 years why would he think im a hardcore pony lover.

Just take the whole "Brony" movement as a fandom. You know, like all other fandoms. Its not better or worse.

ShawntezPhillips
  • ShawntezPhillips

Shawn

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Oh, I would rather play as a female because there was never a female protagonist in GTA. I needed a change of pace.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

think you will find its the folk without a girlfriend that play as a girl. or freaks if you like

I`m married for quite some years now. Lived with my wife since I was 21. I am 34 now. Good solid sh*t eating skills you have there, sir. Might want to wash that mouth more often than normal people - with bleach, if possible.

If you enjoy looking at a female body more than a male body in a video game and base your character off that alone, then I think you need to get out more. 

I do get out more. I have a wife to go out with, too. 

Here`s the thing you aren`t getting: I never pretend to be the character I`m playing. I also never roleplay as the character I`m playing. It is just an avatar that I control via a controller. It can be ANYTHING I find pleasing to me. And women are more pleasing to me than men. 

• janimal and ablockkid21 like this

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

So playing as a girl makes me a weirdo

but all those playing as cool black guys with funky dreads, when they're actually white, obese 25 year old's with bad skin are fine?

ok then!

• janimal likes this

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by janimal, 19 October 2013 - 12:38 PM.

guys who spend all their time obsessing about it and making polls are a lot weirder.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Lol at "no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy", that's even sadder than playing as a woman because you secretly want to be one.

iPone
  • iPone

Super Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

That's crazy because I thought the same thing when I 1st seen guys playing as girls. I even deleted a kid off my FL because he would play as a girl and really dress her up everyday.

advanced28
  • advanced28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like OP takes games too seriously and is also very feminine and smelly

KoreRupt
  • KoreRupt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I picked the 'id rather stare at a females ass than a males' just because the real option why I choose a female avatar in GTA:Online isnt there.

Where is the:

'Because all three main protagonists are male so I wanted to have a GTA:O female protagonist' ?

or

'Because all GTA protagonists have been male, so having a female one is a nice change' ?

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:14 PM Edited by Flexx, 19 October 2013 - 01:15 PM.

but all those playing as cool black guys with funky dreads, when they're actually white, obese 25 year old's with bad skin are fine?

ok then!

If it makes you feel better, I think you're all weirdos. Men who create and play as women however, are also creeps. Creepy + Weird (and more). White guys who create an play as black guys; I just find that to be lil' awkward. Not creepy.

guys who spend all their time obsessing about it and making polls are a lot weirder.

No.

Furthermore, make no mistake. Playing games with default female protagonist is in no way weird or homo, but when you have the option to be male or female, it kinda is. Most straight guys (like myself) will not see the appeal. No matter what your reasoning. I can see where some of you are comin from, like the guy who said "Chicks are funner to play as, it's funny watching people get taken out and beat on by them." While I don't see the humor in it, I also don't see the humor in the Tom & Jerry cartoons.

Now who wants to rim my asshole?

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

think you will find its the folk without a girlfriend that play as a girl. or freaks if you like

i have girl character and have real girlfriend that lives with me.

assumption = 

tumblr_mdghi2kqXB1qc0lao.jpg

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by demonjlh, 19 October 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Most straight guys (like myself) will not see the appeal. 

also false. look at games like diablo 3, WoW, saints row, skyrim, and mass effect. female characters are extremely popular for male gamers to create and play. in fact, it's so popular that Saints row 3 and 4 really catered more towards female characters than males. because female character creation was so popular mass effect 3 released two cover arts for their game...one with a male Shepard and one with a female Shepard.

Mass-Effect-3-Unboxing-Trailer_1_zps4826

the simple reason for this is: the 95 percentile gamer is a 28-38 year old heterosexual white male in a relationship.  it has absolutely nothing to do with sexual frustrations or confusions. no secret desires of being a woman. no attempts to sexually confuse other gamers. 

gamers like women. period. real or in a game. look at snapomatic. it is FULL of gamers taking pics of half nude white chicks and zoomed in crotch pics lol.

Flexx
  • Flexx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:50 PM Edited by Flexx, 19 October 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Most straight guys (like myself) will not see the appeal. 

also false. look at games like diablo 3, WoW, saints row, skyrim, and mass effect. female characters are extremely popular for male gamers to create and play. in fact, it's so popular that Saints row 3 and 4 really catered more towards female characters than males. because female character creation was so popular mass effect 3 released two cover arts for their game...one with a male Shepard and one with a female Shepard.

the simple reason for this is: the 95 percentile gamer is a 18-28 year old heterosexual white male. look at snapomatic. it is FULL of gamers taking pics of half nude white chicks and zoomed in crotch pics lol. 

gamers like women. period.

I said most straight guys, not most straight gamers.

Maybe you're right though. You seem to be much more versed here. Other then Saints Row 2 & 3 and a demo for Mass Effect 3 (not for me), I've never even played any of the other games you mentioned.

• demonjlh likes this

bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I`m married for quite some years now. Lived with my wife since I was 21. I am 34 now. Good solid sh*t eating skills you have there, sir. Might want to wash that mouth more often than normal people - with bleach, if possible.

If you enjoy looking at a female body more than a male body in a video game and base your character off that alone, then I think you need to get out more. 

I do get out more. I have a wife to go out with, too. 

Here`s the thing you aren`t getting: I never pretend to be the character I`m playing. I also never roleplay as the character I`m playing. It is just an avatar that I control via a controller. It can be ANYTHING I find pleasing to me. And women are more pleasing to me than men. 

you're not really helping your case bro. since you say you're married you're probably not getting any at all, so you create sexy female avatars because you wished your wife looked like that

• Flexx likes this

goathead
  • goathead

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Uncomfortable? Go to options - then Find Another Session

i tell you right now, in COMPLETE honesty, if my female character is making dudes uncomfortable and confused...i'm even MORE of a fan of using her now. LOL

Haha, classic!

OP...
You're the weird one pal...you've set 7 or so options to vote on..

But you've left one out, you know what it is I'm talking about..

Who gives a f what people have as their character

My main one is male, tho on another psn account I've a very pretty girl...short dark hair..mmmmmm...sweet!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

ok then!

If it makes you feel better, I think you're all weirdos. Men who create and play as women however, are also creeps. Creepy + Weird (and more). White guys who create an play as black guys; I just find that to be lil' awkward. Not creepy.

No.

Furthermore, make no mistake. Playing games with default female protagonist is in no way weird or homo, but when you have the option to be male or female, it kinda is. Most straight guys (like myself) will not see the appeal. No matter what your reasoning. I can see where some of you are comin from, like the guy who said "Chicks are funner to play as, it's funny watching people get taken out and beat on by them." While I don't see the humor in it, I also don't see the humor in the Tom & Jerry cartoons.

so because you're too insecure with your heterosexual image people who aren't have issues?

yeah sure XD

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 19 October 2013 - 02:17 PM.

you're not really helping your case bro. since you say you're married you're probably not getting any at all, so you create sexy female avatars because you wished your wife looked like that

You are making a lot of assumptions. 

Pellegrini
  • Pellegrini

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Why would you be staring at pixel asses anyway?

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

You are making a lot of assumptions. 

yeah he is. cuz there's no way in HELL we'd want our women to dress like our characters in public LOL. i'd get in so many fist fights....

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hows about... you get the f*ck over it. It's like you're a homophobe, and that is pathetic. When girls make guy characters, no body gives a flying f*ck. Stop being 14 OP.

• crazyrazor likes this

lew3112
  • lew3112

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

In my experience, the only people who whine about guys playing as girls are the ones with the "unresolved sexual issues", or are under the age of 12.

I don't see the connection

Because people who are completely comfortable with their sexuality don't care about whether they're playing as a character of the opposite gender. I'm a straight guy, but if i I fancy playing as a girl for a while, i'll do it. I don't sit there thinking if doing that will make people think I'm gay.

• Qutan likes this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

Hillary for Prison 2016

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Who cares who people play as, it's a game damn it. Do whatever you want.0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

I play with two characters. I've got the collectors edition so I created kids of Claude & Misty.
Misty & Claude Jr. You know brother and sister tearing up the town.

Pellegrini
  • Pellegrini

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hows about... you get the f*ck over it. It's like you're a homophobe, and that is pathetic. When girls make guy characters, no body gives a flying f*ck. Stop being 14 OP.

Stop attentionwhoring

Flexx
  • Flexx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

ok then!

No.

so because you're too insecure with your heterosexual image people who aren't have issues?

yeah sure XD

Anyone who goes xD is a surefire fag.

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

His character isn't sexy. Maybe sexy where he lives, but not really by American "standards"

• one_-AFRO-_three likes this

MrAssClap
  • MrAssClap

In it to win it - Zac Efron

• Members

If you're attracted to video game characters then I'm sorry but you are weird. Bet you bunch enjoy hentai too.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:32 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 19 October 2013 - 02:33 PM.

His character isn't sexy. Maybe sexy where he lives, but not really by American "standards"

My wife likes her. It will do :) I had actually a choice between two of them and the blonde girl with weak jaw still won.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users