Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guys Who Roleplay As Girls In Games Are Weirdos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
734 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos? (1114 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos?

1. yes; deep down they probably have some type of unresolved sex issues (382 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

2. yes but more because they try to use gender as an advatage for free items and protection (118 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

3. no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy (302 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

4. no because I don't play characters as an extension of myself (261 votes [19.68%])

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

5. I don't think anything is wrong with guys that do it but I wouldn't do it myself (156 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. meh those guys are okay, theyre just a little feminine. those brony creepos on the other hand.. (107 votes [8.07%])

Percentage of vote: 8.07%

Vote
KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

So a guy that prefers to look at a male character's ass for untold hours ....??

The poll is missing this: "No. Some men aren't insecure in thier sexuality. Those who are made uncomfortable by it probably are."

I bet you wear heals around the house to secure your sexuality too, huh? lol.. I dont mind being called gay and playing along with gay jokes because I know for sure I'm not gay and I'm secure with my sexuality enough to have a joke about it.. But to dress up and/or pretend to be a girl? Thats just too far IMO. Theres a line between being secure and being closeted bi. J/S!

voodoobillyman
  • voodoobillyman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

I don't do it personally because I try to make a character that looks like me if possible.

That being said, most of the hardcore, skilled gamers that I know prefer female characters. I don't know what the correlation is, just saying.

Agreed. In the last 13 or so years of mmo/mmorpg gaming the majority of guys using female toons seem to be legit hardcore bad ass gamers, in my experiences. I personally would NEVER roll a female char, but that's just me. I still don't get it.  

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

*Most closet homosexuals are homophobes IRL. 

Well, ain't this a familiar face?! :beerhat:

Female character has smaller hit box?

Well that's my excuse.

That's the case in Max Payne 3, but I'm not quite sure about GTA Online.  They are supposedly taller, and they have larger hit boxes in the chest and abdomen areas.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

I don't do it personally because I try to make a character that looks like me if possible.
That being said, most of the hardcore, skilled gamers that I know prefer female characters. I don't know what the correlation is, just saying.

Agreed. In the last 13 or so years of mmo/mmorpg gaming the majority of guys using female toons seem to be legit hardcore bad ass gamers, in my experiences. I personally would NEVER roll a female char, but that's just me. I still don't get it.
because female characters have the benefit of cheap end game gear and stuff...

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

*Most closet homosexuals are homophobes IRL.

Well, ain't this a familiar face?! :beerhat:

Female character has smaller hit box?

Well that's my excuse.

That's the case in Max Payne 3, but I'm not quite sure about GTA Online.  They are supposedly taller, and they have larger hit boxes in the chest and abdomen areas.

Surely it's unfair to have 1 gender with a larger hit box? How can they justifying putting an entire gender at a disadvantage?

KiNqChEcKeR69
  • KiNqChEcKeR69

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by KiNqChEcKeR69, 19 October 2013 - 07:46 AM.

bronies are the biggest fags i've seen in my entire life

they are worse than hitler 

KiNqChEcKeR69
  • KiNqChEcKeR69

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

bronys are the biggest fags i've seen in my entire life

35qe4r.jpg

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I only found out about "bronies" in the last few months and what I've seen is truly disturbing.  I'm not sure it should be included in any poll because it makes it unfair for all of the other options.

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

I worry more about the guys who have a problem with this than the guys who play female characters.  Either:

A)  They saw a hot chick in-game, flirted with her, found out it was a dude, and then started worrying whether this meant they were secretly a little bit gay.

Or B)  They have trouble separating fiction from reality.  They try to make their characters look as much like themselves as possible, and try to believe that's really them on the screen doing all this badass sh*t.  They believe that everyone else plays this way, too, and so if a guy is pretending to be a chick, that's gotta be weird.  They don't get that most people are better able to separate themselves from that pixelated character than they are.

When I'm playing as Franklin, I don't pretend that I'm actually a black guy from the hood, and when I play as a female, I don't pretend that I'm a girl.  They're characters in a story, no different from watching a movie.  98% of the action heroes of the last 70 years have been dudes, and I enjoy seeing a chick kick some ass for a change every now and then.  To everyone who voted "yes" in this stupid thing, maybe you should stop judging complete strangers and get your own issues sorted out first...

• Xzeox, TimelyMeerkat and Jamrock_Jade like this

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

Its called a trap.  And yes most of the dudes doing it think they are trolling people but have really deep psychosis and gender identity issues.  But likely they are in denial about it so they act out online using "trolling" as the delusional excuse for their behavior which actually reveals their true desires.

Its like if someone dressed in womens clothes and then went to have sex with a dude then turn around and tell him hes gay while his penis is in your butt.  Makes no sense really.

• SeekerScorpio likes this

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Who gives a toss, 1 headshot one death, one thing that is funny, the girl characters are way taller than the bloke ones, even with out the heels.its not my cup of tea, but if your cross dressing is firmly in the closet, then why not be a girl in the game, what ever makes you happy, pmsl.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

WORD

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:59 AM Edited by Corrupt King, 19 October 2013 - 07:59 AM.

Loving the whole psychologist/therapist act in this thread
  • TimelyMeerkat likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by Corrupt King, 19 October 2013 - 08:04 AM.

Also you people should be more worried about guys on girls characters who judge the way other guys dress their guy characters I had this happen to me in deathmatch... Not the people who just play them for the hell of it

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

bronys are the biggest fags i've seen in my entire life

35qe4r.jpg

Are you sure that's not just some Justin Bieber fanboy? 

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by one_-AFRO-_three, 19 October 2013 - 08:18 AM.

No the weirdo is the guy who invited said female "character" to his apartment walking around "jerking it" as he invited a stripper over.
I so wanted to turn the mic on and say "hello babe" in my deep manly voice.
I had to block that fool from psn friend request.

I used slot 2 as my mayhem causing character so I won't be sent to the "bad boy/girl club" with my main character when I feel like greifing. Thought wth a chick would be coool.
  • .Polar_Bear. likes this

NickMalice
  • NickMalice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

I never understood the "i'd rather stare at a girls ass" excuse, you're just staring at pixels and who even spends their game time looking at their characters ass anyway, you're usually looking over their shoulder or in to the distance.

Stop making excuses for being weirdo's and just accept you're little girly men. Did you use the same excuse for playing with barbies when you were kids?

• Flexx and SeekerScorpio like this

Tequim
  • Tequim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:19 AM Edited by Tequim, 19 October 2013 - 08:19 AM.

I like boobies doesn't make me weird.

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Also you people should be more worried about guys on girls characters who judge the way other guys dress their guy characters I had this happen to me in deathmatch... Not the people who just play them for the hell of it

The diagnosis goes both ways. Guy wanting to be girls and vice versa.. Problem is, 80% of the community is male and girls have a lot more reason to hide their true gender not only on GTA, but on pretty much every other game as well. So there are a lot of variables to consider when going backwards from our current conversation. 

Loving the whole psychologist/therapist act in this thread

A lot of this has actual bearing. Many people use video games as an extension of themselves (Sims is a top selling game ffs and most RL soldiers play war games).. I mean 99% of the time you can tell how a person truly wants to be (if not already) IRL by how they conduct them self in a game.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Here's my girl. She's LSPD badass!

15yf71i.jpg

Here's my guy. He's a gangsta from the LS hood.

10sahdv.jpg

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Here's my girl. She's LSPD badass!

15yf71i.jpg

10sahdv.jpg

The guys clothing choices and such seem feminine. I'm guessing youre a girl IRL?

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:25 AM Edited by Flexx, 19 October 2013 - 08:26 AM.

10sahdv.jpg

$100 says you're a white guy irl..

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

10sahdv.jpg

250$

Flexx
  • Flexx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

I don't even go outside my race when creating avatars, let alone my gender!

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

10sahdv.jpg

lew3112
  • lew3112

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:02 AM Edited by lew3112, 19 October 2013 - 09:03 AM.

So are white guys who play as black guys weirdos? Is every single person who has ever played Tomb Raider a weirdo? I have a male and female character. In my experience, the only people who whine about guys playing as girls are the ones with the "unresolved sexual issues", or are under the age of 12. Knowing these forums, OP is probably the last one.

• Qutan likes this

Flexx
  • Flexx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

In my experience, the only people who whine about guys playing as girls are the ones with the "unresolved sexual issues", or are under the age of 12.

I don't see the connection

Shdwplayer
  • Shdwplayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by Shdwplayer, 19 October 2013 - 09:25 AM.

If this is about choosing the female option in the character screen then No. If this is about walking around with a high pitched voice being all flirty/sexy/girly over the mic as a guy in real life while playing trying to get stuff or whatever then hell yes that's weird.

In my case created a female character in the second slot just for sh*ts and giggles (and mostly cause I heard certain NPC reactions/dialogue change so basically variety from my main character in slot 1) when he got deleted by the firkin 1.02 or 1.03 patch I didn't feel like starting over from scratch again so just kept playing the secondary character

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Chicks are funner to play as, it's funny watching people get taken out and beat on by them.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

If you enjoy looking at a female body more than a male body in a video game and base your character off that alone, then I think you need to get out more. 

• SeekerScorpio likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users