Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guys Who Roleplay As Girls In Games Are Weirdos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
734 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos? (1114 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos?

1. yes; deep down they probably have some type of unresolved sex issues (382 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

2. yes but more because they try to use gender as an advatage for free items and protection (118 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

3. no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy (302 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

4. no because I don't play characters as an extension of myself (261 votes [19.68%])

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

5. I don't think anything is wrong with guys that do it but I wouldn't do it myself (156 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. meh those guys are okay, theyre just a little feminine. those brony creepos on the other hand.. (107 votes [8.07%])

Percentage of vote: 8.07%

Vote
fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

It's not really anyone else's business what someone prefers to use as their avatar in a game. 

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

sabbathscouse
  • sabbathscouse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

The question has to be asked why did OP put negative answers in the poll and nothing positive??? All these options do is put down people who do use opposite sex avatars...Like I said earlier, I was interested in the reaction I would get using a female avatar and it appears people take this game to seriously and wanna make out with a bikini wearing blonde avatar in a video game, instant friend requests appeared shortly after meeting people. SMH

Mikill4u
  • Mikill4u

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

The question has to be asked why did OP put negative answers in the poll and nothing positive??? All these options do is put down people who do use opposite sex avatars...Like I said earlier, I was interested in the reaction I would get using a female avatar and it appears people take this game to seriously and wanna make out with a bikini wearing blonde avatar in a video game, instant friend requests appeared shortly after meeting people. SMH

Give me a team up fun fighting social good time. So you ask where ? Female gamer. Where to find ? They usually controlling female avatar. Would you instant friend requests "Chops" . LOL . I'm just saying don't assume . Female gamers are fun and rare.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:44 PM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 08 January 2014 - 11:47 PM.

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

What is really weird is that you feel threatened by it enough to need to attack them in a forum post.

People are actually roleplaying in GTA online??

lol, not that there is anything wrong with it, I dont care, but it seems like they couldnt have picked a worse platform to do so. If I wanted to be a fisherman I would probably go live near water, not move to the sahara desert.

For the record, my character is a chick. A chick with pigtails. But I dont roleplay as a chick. I simply like the idea of everyone I kill in-game having their death handed to them by a girl with pigtails and a pink rifle. Everyone else is so obsessed with trying to look as cool or hard as possible, in my opinion that is equally as weird as roleplaying as the other gender. What are they trying to make up for being such a wimp or loser in real life? The criticism works both ways.

• GTARACER93 and We Are Ninja like this

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

what the f*ck is a brony? if  your a guy and you say you like my little pony, i know for a fact you are trying so hard to fit in, you cant think for yourself and you are a sheep who is molded pop culture. I fear for the future of this planet. i truly do

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

a.k.a. MrCamTheMan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Yes, sometimes guys who use female avatars are sexually f*cked up. But there are others who are normal. Now, that classic excuse, "I like staring at a girl's ass while I play" is bullsh*t. If you use a female avatar to satisfy your sexual needs, you need help.

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:07 AM Edited by am30, 09 January 2014 - 12:08 AM.

So going by the OP's logic every guy that ever played Tomb Raider sexually confused? .

It's only a game.

'nuff said.

• GTARACER93 and rob602pa like this

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I was going to say this same thing just earlier. I actually made my girl partially because of that (I am half weirdo). I just wish her boobs would bounce like Lara Croft in that game!!!

So going by the OP's logic every guy that ever played Tomb Raider sexually confused? .

It's only a game.

'nuff said.

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Yes, sometimes guys who use female avatars are sexually f*cked up. But there are others who are normal. Now, that classic excuse, "I like staring at a girl's ass while I play" is bullsh*t. If you use a female avatar to satisfy your sexual needs, you need help.

i used to feel the same way, i was heavily addicted to another video game, on another platform and i had 1500+ hours invested in a male character, i decided to make an alt female char, and i actually liked it better , i thought it was "gay"( in the lightest sense of the term) to have spent that much time building up a male character and changing his clothes. it became obvious to me i would much rather look up my female characters skirt. only playing as a girl i realized people would always put my needs first and play it my way and do my missions, i never said i was a female and if asked i said i was a guy, and i was getting more then enough tail irl, so it had nothing to do with satisfying sexual needs

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

yes but more because they try to use gender as an advatage for free items and protection

and

no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy 

also

I don't think anything is wrong with guys that do it but I wouldn't do it myself

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

This poll is bad and you should feel bad for making it OP.

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Ofc this is just my opinion but every single game I've ever played with a female protagonist SUCKS! tomb raider SUCKS! mirrors edge SUCKS! chainsaw lollipop SUCKS! bayonetta SUCKS! and the list goes on. Then they also try as hard as they can take the character sex. Give me a break -_- I just wanna play a good game, Idc about virtual boobs being able to bounce. Hell, even ninja garden was a great game, until they made you play as Rachel. She SUCKS!

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

Ofc this is just my opinion but every single game I've ever played with a female protagonist SUCKS! tomb raider SUCKS! mirrors edge SUCKS! chainsaw lollipop SUCKS! bayonetta SUCKS! and the list goes on. Then they also try as hard as they can take the character sex. Give me a break -_- I just wanna play a good game, Idc about virtual boobs being able to bounce. Hell, even ninja garden was a great game, until they made you play as Rachel. She SUCKS!

You sound like a hater regardless of the gender...

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Can you blame me? Those games are trash.

JC'
  • JC'

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by JC', 10 January 2014 - 01:37 AM.

Well I can't give one single answer because there are probably many different reasons why guys would pick a girl, they CAN be a weirdo but they also CAN be your stereotypical normal guy who just wants to control a female for some other reason or maybe even no reason. I personally don't do it because I feel like my online character represents me and I don't want to be seen as a female to myself and others. Playing tomb raider is not the same as creating a female character and customizing her and creating a female identity for yourself. It's not a big deal if other guys do it but I can't do it, to each his/her own.

Only people in GTA i'm 100% sure are real girls are those who I know personally IRL.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

Which is why the new Tomb Raider game has an 86 in Metacritic with a user score of 8.5. 

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

Which is why the new Tomb Raider game has an 86 in Metacritic with a user score of 8.5. 

Yeah the new tomb raider is really good.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

This thread again

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

I don't know what Ninja Garden is, but I'd play the sh*t out of that sh*t. Horticulture is my sh*t.

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by takeral, 10 January 2014 - 04:35 AM.

People who voted"no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guY" are even more weird

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

Every single game you mentioned was good.

You suck.

Lollipop Chainsaw was designed for guys too, so that can't even be included in your argument.

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:59 AM Edited by Flexx, 10 January 2014 - 04:59 AM.

Wow, first of all, who revived this thread?

Second of all, to all morons tryin to make an argument by using Tomb Raider as an example? You can't dumba**. No its not weird to play Tomb Raider, she is the protagonist. You do not have a choice. Weirdos who play as girls online have a choice. As I said much earlier in this thread, I don't see the appeal in it, but whatever. Doesn't bother me, thats just my own opinion. Its weird. If you do it, you're weird. Deal with it and shut up, creep.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:02 AM

If it doesn't bother you, why-

You know what, nevermind. I'm sure everyone has their reasons. I for one only play as a dude.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

Second of all, to all morons tryin to make an argument by using Tomb Raider as an example? You can't dumba**. No its not weird to play Tomb Raider, she is the protagonist. You do not have a choice. Weirdos who play as girls online have a choice. As I said much earlier in this thread, I don't see the appeal in it, but whatever. Doesn't bother me, thats just my own opinion. Its weird. If you do it, you're weird. Deal with it and shut up, creep.

Sounds like someone is sexually insecure.

Seriously mods why haven't you locked this yet? Total disappointment. 

TheRawalpindiExpress
  • TheRawalpindiExpress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

Only here I play in man only, not have of reason playing in role of female for any purpose.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Reminds me. We have no Tailgater Appreciation thread.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

Sounds like someone is sexually insecure.

Yeah, right thats exactly what it is. Great comeback, dumbass. You were one of the morons citing Tomb Raider I see. Nothing constructive to say so you self-reflect. Priceless move.

You talk about comebacks while all you've done so far is insult other people as well as myself for replying. Are you mad because some of us make one male character and one female character so we can experience all aspects of the online customization? No, it seems you have to find something to be mad about because you have nothing better to do... obviously.

I paid money for the game too and I'll play it how I like, without feeling shame. If I want to make a badass chick that wears black leather and rides a motorcycle in hopes of Rockstar adding a katana then I will. That is something that YOU will have to deal with and shut up. Get over yourself.

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:21 AM Edited by Flexx, 10 January 2014 - 05:52 AM.

You talk about comebacks while all you've done so far is insult other people as well as myself for replying. Are you mad because some of us make one male character and one female character so we can experience all aspects of the online customization? No, it seems you have to find something to be mad about because you have nothing better to do... obviously.

I paid money for the game too and I'll play it how I like, without feeling shame. If I want to make a badass chick that wears black leather and rides a motorcycle in hopes of Rockstar adding a katana then I will. That is something that YOU will have to deal with and shut up. Get over yourself.

Riiiight, thats the reason you made a girl. To experience all the "customization options" :lol: :lol: :lol: because the character customization in this game is so grand. So advanced. Just had to see both sides. There's no sugar in your tank at all, son.

If anyone is mad though, its you.

For the record I have nothing to "get over". I don't play the game sulking because theres a bunch of dudes who like to roleplay as girls online. Hell, I don't even play GTA often compared to most people on the forum. However, this is a forum, and I'm speaking on the topic. I didn't respond directly to you, you did me and tried to reflect yourself. Didn't work.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:23 AM

Reminds me. We have no Tailgater Appreciation thread.

Yeah we do.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:25 AM

Wow really all of them? 

Tomb Raider was at least good. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users