Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guys Who Roleplay As Girls In Games Are Weirdos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
734 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos? (1114 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos?

1. yes; deep down they probably have some type of unresolved sex issues (382 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

2. yes but more because they try to use gender as an advatage for free items and protection (118 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

3. no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy (302 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

4. no because I don't play characters as an extension of myself (261 votes [19.68%])

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

5. I don't think anything is wrong with guys that do it but I wouldn't do it myself (156 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. meh those guys are okay, theyre just a little feminine. those brony creepos on the other hand.. (107 votes [8.07%])

Percentage of vote: 8.07%

Vote
LadySupreme
  • LadySupreme

Female Boss

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I dont see what the problem is about guys playing as girls, Who cares really? My boyfriend has a male and female character just because he wanted too. Its just a game at the end of the day,  Would it be classed as strange if i was to make a male character as a woman? 

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

I dont see what the problem is about guys playing as girls, Who cares really? My boyfriend has a male and female character just because he wanted too. Its just a game at the end of the day,  Would it be classed as strange if i was to make a male character as a woman? 

According to OP then yeah.

To the rest of the world, nothing wrong at all

LadySupreme
  • LadySupreme

Female Boss

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Strange. Be grateful we have the chance to choose! Considering most females have to play as males in alot games. 

• CorruptedVision likes this

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Depends. one could argue that guys playing as guys are homos. i mean why would you look at a male characters ass when you can look at a females

Well, one could argue that, but it would be incredibly illogical. Why would playing as a dude be a sex thing? Or any gender for that matter?

Didn't realize a player's choice of character gender was solely because of what type of pixelated butt you wanted to stare at.

I just like to drive cars n shoot badguys.

• KingCantona and CorruptedVision like this

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Strange. Be grateful we have the chance to choose! Considering most females have to play as males in alot games. 

This is true. There are few games where you can play as a female as the main protagonist. Mass Effect(by choice), Tomb Raider, MMORPG games(by choice), Bayonetta, Lollipop Chainsaw. If you notice, however, that half the games I listed the females are portrayed as pieces of ass. I mean bayonetta gets naked when shes doing the "transform into a massive headripping bird" and even when shes in her normal state shes wearing skin tight latex and heels. Lollipop chainsaw speaks for itself(cheerleader in short skirt with big bewbs flopping about). So when you have the chance to make your own girl such as GTA:O or an rpg game its nice to have more control over how you want her to be portrayed. I take advantage of that. Plus i've been playing as male characters my whole life. It started with mario. Change is nice.

• LadySupreme likes this

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

I don't play as a woman but I don't see anything wrong with it. I agree on that "rather stare at girls ass than guys"
It's a video game, so what?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

And I don't become Trevor when I play as him. I don't become a snake by playing as Michael. And I didn't even turned myself into a gangsta by playing Franklin. Really, man. I never shoot, I never walk outside and punch people when I play as Trevor.

sh*t. I didn't become my town's biggest drug king when playing Tommy Vercetti. Because from your point of view, I would be one. But in fact I didn't and still am not.

See you got your answer?

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

Lol, the fact that 367 people voted yes is pretty sad...

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

It's really sad actually.  Shows how many people emotionally and sexually insecure/immature. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

It's the title.

Roleplaying as a girl =/= Playing as a girl

• Ermac. likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

ITT

successful-troll-theme-saferoom_42255.jp

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:07 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 07 January 2014 - 01:12 AM.

It's really sad actually.  Shows how many people emotionally and sexually insecure/immature.

I'm not insecure about my sexuality & never have been & my character is female. I can say your post is invalid if it's directed to all males who play a female character in a video game..

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

"Upstanding Legitimate Businessman"

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:14 AM

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

If guys didn't play the female characters, then they would never get used since women don't play videogames.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

If you call what the female players said in honesty as bullsh*t and keep using your own thought without thinking more, then you'd get nowhere. Enjoy the hate. We have fun and you keep hating.

That's your problem.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

If guys didn't use female characters then I would have never gotten to experience the hilarity of a tweenager going through puberty flirting with a friend of mine on his female avatar for about half an hour while his mic was charging. I wish I had his reaction recorded when he turned his mic back on and started flirting back.  

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

Just close this sh*t already. It's a biased, immature, and unreasonable conclusion to an unimportant choice in a video game.

Do you think the Tomb Raider games were made for female gamers? I'd actually consider that the OP has a problem with the fact that woman characters can kick some ass too. Sexist is the problem it seems here.

So like I said... waste of useful forum space... lock it and hopefully if someone brings up this topic again they can be mature and unbiased about it.

• luisniko likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

Just close this sh*t already. It's a biased, immature, and unreasonable conclusion to an unimportant choice in a video game.

Do you think the Tomb Raider games were made for female gamers? I'd actually consider that the OP has a problem with the fact that woman characters can kick some ass too. Sexist is the problem it seems here.

So like I said... waste of useful forum space... lock it and hopefully if someone brings up this topic again they can be mature and unbiased about it.

Solid.

As it been said by other members too. Playing as a gender or a role doesn't mean you're them or being them.

Thread is done.

LadySupreme
  • LadySupreme

Female Boss

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

If guys didn't play the female characters, then they would never get used since women don't play videogames.

Purple_Eclipse
  • Purple_Eclipse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

This thread has over 600 posts. We're going nowhere with this.

LadySupreme
  • LadySupreme

Female Boss

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

LOL sorry but this made me laugh.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

It is what it is.  Personally, I play my games as a male(if given the choice).  Especially in RPGs to portray myself, I mean I made my Shepard to look as close as I could to myself.  Though I have no negative thoughts to playing as a female or those that do.  When I play the MP in Mass Effect, I have no problem being an Asari or Shadow.  To each their own.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

i made a chick just to confuse creeps. and piss them off. you can only assume when someone is silent. plus its funny watching a chick in a bikini own somebody will body armor.

but i just made this character out of boredom. so it will be deleted shortly im sure.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:41 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 07 January 2014 - 04:41 AM.

i made a chick just to confuse creeps. and piss them off. you can only assume when someone is silent. plus its funny watching a chick in a bikini own somebody will body armor.

but i just made this character out of boredom. so it will be deleted shortly im sure.

How does one get confused just by seeing a female avatar in a game? Lol...

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

I chose a girl because why the f*ck not.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

How does one get confused just by seeing a female avatar in a game? Lol...

when you hear a bushly males cigarette ridden voice... its a bit confusing.

Qutan
  • Qutan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

The only downside to playing a female toon is that if you wear a skirt in a survival or deathmatch when you crouch its too distracting .. 

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:12 AM

The choice of character creation is a funny topic.  

Most people I see, make characters that look somewhat like the person playing the game.  I, on the otherhand, make funny looking characters with wacky clothes and hairstyles.  

For instance, my main character is a black man with golden corn-rows that wears Day-Glow ugly ass clothes.  Its funny. 

I wish I could do this!

if give the oppertunity I create my characters to reflex me. my 2nd slot is based off my wife, but I don't use her because she holding the stolen millions.

side note: I've always favored females characters in fighting games. (speed)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

Female characters in fighting games are not always faster :O

jrmass
  • jrmass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

"she kicks high"

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:31 AM

I was just making a character and it kinda ended up looking like a tranny, so I went with it. I love the fact it makes people scratch their head like wtf... You look like a tranny!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users