Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guys Who Roleplay As Girls In Games Are Weirdos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
734 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos? (1114 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think guys who pretend to be women online are weirdos?

1. yes; deep down they probably have some type of unresolved sex issues (382 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

2. yes but more because they try to use gender as an advatage for free items and protection (118 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

3. no because i'd rather stare at a female avatars ass for hours rather than a guy (302 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

4. no because I don't play characters as an extension of myself (261 votes [19.68%])

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

5. I don't think anything is wrong with guys that do it but I wouldn't do it myself (156 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. meh those guys are okay, theyre just a little feminine. those brony creepos on the other hand.. (107 votes [8.07%])

Percentage of vote: 8.07%

Vote
TimZy
  • TimZy

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

its normal i do it myself too

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Creepy guy on gtaforums makes a thread about guys being girls in game, knocking bronies in the process.

Actual brony plays with grown women in game.

success_kid-other.jpg

Telling you man, I know more bronies with girlfriends than non-bronies.

Also season 4 is coming out soon. PS4 & MLP

november 23rd. that week i will watch ALL THE EPISODES and end on sunday 8D.

no tv tho so ill have to wait for someone to stream it, then i can save it off of youtubes for myself :>

first epi is time traveling twilight to when luna became nightmare moon

so excited.

Crewdawg
  • Crewdawg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

So, were girls who played GTA IV multiplayer weirdos too since they only had male avatars to begin with?  Or what about girls who play Battlefield or Call of Duty?  Are they weird?  What about guys who play Tomb Raider?  Are they weird?

While there may be a few "weirdos" out there, I believe the majority of guys who use female avatars just prefer to look at a female avatar rather than a male avatar.  Simple as that.

• Thundermother likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

For those of you who use female characters when given the choice, I wouldn't get too worked up over amateur psychoanalysis presented by someone who doesn't even have a grasp on sentence structure. 

I almost always use female characters. When it comes to online games I do always have this fantasy that guys online will think I am a girl and not be royal douches. Five years ago this might have worked, but it doesn't anymore because it's much more common. 

I didn't answer the poll because none of the options apply to me. I just do it because I want to. Tough nuts. I've got a wife and two children and no abnormal sexual psychosis (that I'm aware of). I just don't give a flying flip what anyone thinks of me online or in real life. Life is way too short.

I do what I want.

• archiebunker, Pitch~Black, Thundermother and 4 others like this

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by Bazzad, 18 October 2013 - 02:14 PM.

When I played skyrim my character was a khajiit and I'm not a cat.

• Pitch~Black, Mart1001, We Are Ninja and 1 other like this

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

While there may be a few "weirdos" out there, I believe the majority of guys who use female avatars just prefer to look at a female avatar rather than a male avatar.  Simple as that.

Are dudes that use female characters any more..or less...weird then 13 year olds claiming to have sexual relations with my 59 year old, metal hip having, denture sporting mother? LOL

• amoratisd and Thundermother like this

QuornSausages
  • QuornSausages

Meat Free

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

My character is female because of the amount of damn glitches when I first made a character, randomly gave me a female who looks like a crack addict.

No, actually it's because I wear my gfs clothes when she is out, but keep that quiet. 

• amoratisd likes this

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

My character is female because of the amount of damn glitches when I first made a character, randomly gave me a female who looks like a crack addict.

No, actually it's because I wear my gfs clothes when she is out, but keep that quiet. 

it's only weird if you look better wearing them...

• Timely likes this

Roscoe182
  • Roscoe182

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Are dudes that use female characters any more..or less...weird then 13 year olds claiming to have sexual relations with my 59 year old, metal hip having, denture sporting mother? LOL

i think by this point most ppl online have had sexual relations with my mother .

• demonjlh likes this

dragonstara29
  • dragonstara29

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by dragonstara29, 18 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

It's funny when people talk about guys playing as girl characters are weird. But no one ever mentions girls playing as guy characters and I've met plenty of girls that does it. Gotta love double standards. 

digyerownhole
  • digyerownhole

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

For those of you who use female characters when given the choice, I wouldn't get too worked up over amateur psychoanalysis presented by someone who doesn't even have a grasp on sentence structure. 

I almost always use female characters. When it comes to online games I do always have this fantasy that guys online will think I am a girl and not be royal douches. Five years ago this might have worked, but it doesn't anymore because it's much more common. 

I didn't answer the poll because none of the options apply to me. I just do it because I want to. Tough nuts. I've got a wife and two children and no abnormal sexual psychosis (that I'm aware of). I just don't give a flying flip what anyone thinks of me online or in real life. Life is way too short.

I do what I want.

This. Especially the bold text.

Also, I'm guessing the people who think it's somehow weird to play a female 'toon boycotted the whole Tomb Raider series, right?

BzzdLghtyr
  • BzzdLghtyr

Team X Bladz Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

The choice of character creation is a funny topic.  

Most people I see, make characters that look somewhat like the person playing the game.  I, on the otherhand, make funny looking characters with wacky clothes and hairstyles.  

For instance, my main character is a black man with golden corn-rows that wears Day-Glow ugly ass clothes.  Its funny. 

dragonstara29
  • dragonstara29

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

I do what I want.

Give this man a medal. 

Anatomical
  • Anatomical

Cranberries

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

i find it weird that people care so much about a male using a female avatar. whats even more weird is the dudes that start hitting on your character until they hear that you are a dude. didnt know there were psychological reasons are needed to create characters in this game. its a game where you kill people without reason....

• Thundermother likes this

RudeboyJohn
  • RudeboyJohn

Rocker

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by RudeboyJohn, 18 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Anyone mature enough needs to know that both men and women both have male/female sides. Anyone denying this is just in denial.

Nothing wrong with expressing your female side as a man. (or for women to express their male side)

you think we are different? we are the same. Just with different genitals attached.

peace out.

and yes I am weirdo. Mad. Crazy. Rocker. Lover. Beyond what you can imagine. Rather that then being a hater.

• C4-_-GIBBfather and cupkake like this

QuornSausages
  • QuornSausages

Meat Free

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

I do what I want.

I thought that, but with my gamertag containing my real name; Keith, it never really worked.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I do what I want.

Give this man a medal. 

agreed x2,

i have two characters,one male one female.i made a female because i didnt want two males simple as that.

bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I do what I want.

hmmmm..

Decimationist
  • Decimationist

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

So playing as a male character are you trying to make up for all of the masculinity you lack in life? Probably not, but this is the same logic you applied to come up with your idea. 

• archiebunker likes this

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

it does look cool in game the fem characters...pretty hot...lol.

nothing more sexy than a hot bad ass chick character...in games, movies ect

but ima still be male character.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by Munx, 18 October 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Roleplaying as a girl? yeah thats pretty weird.

Playing a female avatar though, how is that weird? when the choice is between looking at a female model for hours upon hours or a male, the choice is easy, atleast for me.

Not to mention the male characters look retarded in gtao.

Freaking circus midgets they are.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

This is one of those things where you hope the OP is trolling because at face value it's so tragically silly. In other words, typical day at GTAForums.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

so many guys these days love roleplaying as women in games. its happening a lot in GTA:O. I always chalk it up to some unresolved sex issues and/or sexual neuroses. when guys do this I believe they are trying to create a female alter ego for themselves. maybe the guys who do this are just trying get free items from the white knights online, who knows? but I don't buy into that whole 'i'd rather look at a female characters ass for hours rather than a guy'. I think thats bullsh*t. I think somewhere deep inside these guys wanna get in touch with their feminine side or something

Oh sh*t we've been discovered! Everyone hide!

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 18 October 2013 - 02:48 PM.

@OP

http://gtaforums.com...ale-characters/

Why do so many dudes run around with female characters? I don't quite understand why a dude would choose to play as a female. What am I missing here

I am a healthy 34 years old married male. I like women, I got married to a beautiful one. I`d rather look at a female character than a male one.

I also own a mic and make no secret to anyone that I am a male player. Some like it, some don`t. In the end, it is my avatar and I am the one staring at its butt all day long, so deal with it. I play female characters as often as the game allows me to.

Anyone who doesn`t understand and/or will make idiotic remarks is a moron anyway.. at least in my opinion. 

tl;dr: Because I like watching at women more than I like watching at men.. even pixelated women...

Like it or not, this is how things are. Are you afraid that your neanderthalian flirting skills will be wasted on a fake female?

crazyrazor
  • crazyrazor

It aint much, if it aint Dutch!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Question woman That play male characters are weirdo too? I dont think 's everyone had Some fantasy and why not. iTS human also many games allready proved that female characters in mmo play more fluent and smoother aion, guildwars 1/2, The old neverwinter nights anyways
I play female character as an male and why Well because i can

Wolf w Eyepatch
  • Wolf w Eyepatch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

I hope all bronies get cancer and die

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:44 PM Edited by GraniteDevil, 18 October 2013 - 02:47 PM.

To each his own.

edit:  I don't think anything is wrong with it.  I don't do it in any game where I can create my character because I tend to play them as extensions of myself (easier for me to get engrossed in it).

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Personally I don't see the problem here. When I play Saints Row I usually played as a female mainly because I enjoyed creating and dressing her, plus you can browse and download other people's characters and the females just appealed to me more, but getting "are you a girl?" messages was pretty annoying so I'd switch back every now and then.

However in comparison the customization in GTAO is so awful I just stuck with a guy character. In Saints Row I changed my female character up all the time or redressed or or changed her hair because it was fun to do, but in GTAO I picked one hairstyle and outfit and never bothered to change anything because of the horrible customization.

crazyrazor
  • crazyrazor

It aint much, if it aint Dutch!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

@OP

http://gtaforums.com...ale-characters/

Why do so many dudes run around with female characters? I don't quite understand why a dude would choose to play as a female. What am I missing here

I am a healthy 34 years old married male. I like women, I got married to a beautiful one. I`d rather look at a female character than a male one.

I also own a mic and make no secret to anyone that I am a male player. Some like it, some don`t. In the end, it is my avatar and I am the one staring at its butt all day long, so deal with it. I play female characters as often as the game allows me to.

Anyone who doesn`t understand and/or will make idiotic remarks is a moron anyway.. at least in my opinion. 

tl;dr: Because I like watching at women more than I like watching at men.. even pixelated women...

Like it or not, this is how things are.

I totally agree here same story only im 27 married and have 2 healthy kids

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

I do not see a I play as a dragqueen vote

fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users