Photo

A sense of entitlement

38 replies to this topic
Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

People paid £45/$60/60 for the game, we all agree on that, the thing is people dont realise that that all they paid for, the game, the story mode, the f*cking campaign..rockstar threw gta online in as a free to use extra to go with your £45/$60 game.
So why people feel they can demand rockstar stop trying to balance their online element because they paid for the game so they should be allowed to play missions on repeat and all this bullsh*t is beyond me, lets remember that the cost of running the online element of the game isnt cheap, and we're not paying for it so they owe you nothing, if they want to balance THEIR game theres nothing for you to moan about because they are well within their rights because they are paying to keep it up and running, so shut the f*ck up whining

AggieBradC34
  • AggieBradC34

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

LOL WUT?

So every game that offers multiplayer should charge more for online use...

Forget that AAA titles make insane profits (while the rest of the world's economy tanks) and then ask for more money in the form of DLC that 10 years ago would have been included in the original game.

As for it being "their" game and they can do what they want, I can also chose to not buy DLC, not buy cash cards, and just not play it all.

Yeah... We're all just a bunch of entitled millennials... Frack the consumer...
  • tom_p1980 likes this

thieves
  • thieves

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

People paid £45/$60/60 for the game, we all agree on that, the thing is people dont realise that that all they paid for, the game, the story mode, the f*cking campaign..rockstar threw gta online in as a free to use extra to go with your £45/$60 game.
So why people feel they can demand rockstar stop trying to balance their online element because they paid for the game so they should be allowed to play missions on repeat and all this bullsh*t is beyond me, lets remember that the cost of running the online element of the game isnt cheap, and we're not paying for it so they owe you nothing, if they want to balance THEIR game theres nothing for you to moan about because they are well within their rights because they are paying to keep it up and running, so shut the f*ck up whining

f*ck off

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

The only reason I bought the game is because they advertised online on the back of the game case. And you are calling it a freebie! 

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

We were promised a free to play mode. But like most other "f2p" games unless you buy your way to the top there isn't an even remotely easy way to do so unless you want to quit your job and spend all day everyday replaying missions that barely have any payout

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

We were promised a free to play mode. But like most other "f2p" games unless you buy your way to the top there isn't an even remotely easy way to do so unless you want to quit your job and spend all day everyday replaying missions that barely have any payout

Free to play in my eyes is an online game you can download for free and play. We all paid for GTAO.

Pburke1
  • Pburke1

The Boss

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

All I can say is, lol.

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

I don't know about you, but I paid $150 for the game and all I have to show for it is an off-brand hat, a zip up bag that I will never use and a few slow bad handling cars and a crappy slow bike. 
OH AND GTA ONLINE!  :miranda:

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

The only reason I bought the game is because they advertised online on the back of the game case. And you are calling it a freebie!

The only reason i buy fifa, cod and battlefield is to play online but you still pay for the games regardless and then pay for dlc so yeah its a free to play mode on the game you paid for, infact it works out less than cod and battlefield because you would pay another £40/$60 for your season pas dlc/premium membership so why are you all moaning???? Ill tell you why, because you feel rockstar owe you something for nothing...well they dont

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

I love how everyone thinks you can buy your way to the top in this game but can still get killed by a lvl 1 pistol headshot no matter how much money and rank you have.

• Dingledong21 likes this

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Free to play in my eyes is an online game you can download for free and play. We all paid for GTAO.

But like every free-to-play, there are options to pay for things as well, so your point is kind of un-balanced,

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

R* Customer Service Rep #19 doing damage limitation.

• teh_g and Joestar like this

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

no, you paid for gta...you then "downloaded" the patch for gtao and now your playing it, magic

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

I pay for SP story mode.

Online is just a bonus for me.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

GTA:O is not free. You have to buy GTA V to play GTA:O. When you can play GTA:O without buying anything else, then you can say it's free.

• teh_g likes this

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I pay for SP story mode.

Online is just a bonus for me.

Exactly, you buy the call of duty as an example, you get the game, you go home turn it on and bang, a season pass for the dlc is required or you pay extra buying each dlc. None of that with gtao its free when they release heists we wont have to buy a pack so its free we wont have to subscribe to anthing because its free, your all quite happy to follow other games that rob you blind for the privilage then moan like f*ck when rock* throw you a bone. Dont like it dont play simples

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:52 AM Edited by xRDASeken, 18 October 2013 - 10:52 AM.

GTA:O is not free. You have to buy GTA V to play GTA:O. When you can play GTA:O without buying anything else, then you can say it's free.

Yes and no. But how many multiplayer games can these complainers give that don't have buyable content? Therefore no online aspect will ever be 'free'. and no Free-to-play will ever be free in most cases.

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

so you bought the game, there was no online, then you "downloaded" the patch and boom, your online at no extra cost two weeks later, just like you download free online games from the internet.

SHALLWEkirbs
  • SHALLWEkirbs

Shall we?

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

I don't know about you, but I paid $150 for the game and all I have to show for it is an off-brand hat, a zip up bag that I will never use and a few slow bad handling cars and a crappy slow bike. 
OH AND GTA ONLINE!  :miranda:

more fool you for buying the collectors edition then

• Dingledong21 likes this

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

so you bought the game, there was no online, then you "downloaded" the patch and boom, your online at no extra cost two weeks later, just like you download free online games from the internet.

Like I said, you're not able to play it without first buying GTA V...so it's not free.

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

This is partially true.. You did pay for the Online in some way because you purchased the box. But in the other hand, GTA has been a singleplayer game for years. Gta has never been made for online until GTA V. With the online included, this game is at least twice as big as the other GTA games.

That's why I can understand the reason for selling cash cards and people saying you didn't pay for online.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Exactly, you buy the call of duty as an example,

I don't play whatever iteration CoD is up to so wut.

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by Dingledong21, 18 October 2013 - 11:06 AM.

We're getting away from the point, so you had to buy a game, so what. If you didn't want to play online you wouldn't have bought the campaign, which is what they charge for. The point is, people grinding out missions with massive rp and money to get ahead then when R* patch it they moan and say things like, i should be able to do what i want i paid for it......they bought the game, the story mode.

In any online game your penalised for cheating, hackers on cod games get their ranks stripped eventualy, or banned from playing for set periods, these people moaning because they cant exploit a cheat in online mode are just idiots, 1. They are letting R* know who they are so thay can later take action, 2. They are showing the community that thay are cheats and ruining the game for everyone.

Where would you be happy for it to stop? If left unattended it would go down the rout of cod 5 world at war, people floating around in the sky with invincibility cheats on its just not fun to play when you dont stand a chance thats why so many people have stopped playing cod, because of cheats and hackers ruining the game like this guy below! so let them keep it on an even keele without moaning and enjoy the game they made for you

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Exactly, you buy the call of duty as an example,

I don't play whatever iteration CoD is up to so wut.

Thats why i said as an example, cant you read? I know not everyone buys it thats why i made a point of saying it was an example

AggieBradC34
  • AggieBradC34

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

For what it's worth, EA removed all its online passes from its games. Even when they did have them, it came with the game new. The only time you had to pay was if you bought the game used. Point being, the passes were used to combat the used game market and not to charge extra for online play.

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

For what it's worth, EA removed all its online passes from its games. Even when they did have them, it came with the game new. The only time you had to pay was if you bought the game used. Point being, the passes were used to combat the used game market and not to charge extra for online play.

I know that i was refering to the player packs in fifa ultimate team, is that not a micro transaction used to buy upgrades and get ahead in the game??? But yet people buy them and dont moan, whats the difference with an option for it in gta? Why do people feel differently

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Lmao, I love watching this 'was GTAO free' debate. Hilarity ensues!

AggieBradC34
  • AggieBradC34

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

That stuff is different. And I don't think people feel different about it. People who are against micro transactions for one game are typically against them for all.

I got suckered into a F2P game a few years ago. Spent somewhere around $80 on subscription, gear, weapons and everything else. Less than 10 years ago the same content would have been on one disc for $50-60. I swore I'd never get suckered in again on that crap, no matter how much I liked the game.

I think you made a valid point that we paid for the stellar GTAV campaign, but Online is just another multiplayer mode. It's not the grand MMO that R* thinks it is and shouldn't be treated as such from a consumer standpoint.

Dingledong21
  • Dingledong21

The instigator

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

That stuff is different. And I don't think people feel different about it. People who are against micro transactions for one game are typically against them for all.
I got suckered into a F2P game a few years ago. Spent somewhere around $80 on subscription, gear, weapons and everything else. Less than 10 years ago the same content would have been on one disc for $50-60. I swore I'd never get suckered in again on that crap, no matter how much I liked the game.
I think you made a valid point that we paid for the stellar GTAV campaign, but Online is just another multiplayer mode. It's not the grand MMO that R* thinks it is and shouldn't be treated as such from a consumer standpoint.

10yrs ago was the end of last generation and dlc was none existent but then again so largely was online gaming. Ps2 and xbox where very limited to what you could do online so there was no need for downloadable content to complicate things. You didn't get anything free you just didn't get anything but the game full stop. And if your referring to the beginning of current gen. take call of duty for instance (again i know but its a long standing franchise) they released cod4 modern warfare pretty much straight away on current gen. after the success of big red one on last gen. and that had dlc so as far as online gaming has been going there has always been dlc or some Micro transaction option. For some reason people are hammering R* about it because its their first online game but will willingly follow other titles that want a lot more in game spending to get the full experience, seems crackers to me

LordVenom
  • LordVenom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

What a idiotic opinion and grandpa should kick fckin rocks! This is 2013 pops not ninteen ought three! Rockstar isn't any different from any other company. If you build a game and ask for money for said game then give the consumer what they paid for!! Don't go nerfing it because you want to kike the player for more money because they found a way to grind the game without buying stupid ass micro transaction cards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users