Photo

1.04 things that changed

286 replies to this topic
AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Titan of a Job only gives $5000 now? What a f*cking joke. Why would you even take the time to fly that slow cargo plane when you can do two easy missions for $3000 in about half the time.

Someone over at Rockstar has been hanging around Jimmy and Wade way too f*ckin much

• Deadly Target likes this

stealth821
  • stealth821

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

It said I was supposed to get my 250k stimulus but when i got on and downloaded the new patch. Is it happening for anyone else?

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

It said I was supposed to get my 250k stimulus but when i got on and downloaded the new patch. Is it happening for anyone else?

The stimulus comes in two parts the first will come in the next week or so once they have confirmed that the character loss is fixed.

from the newswire

Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 19 October 2013 - 12:45 AM.

True no one is forcing you to buy the cash cards, but when they keep on reducing the missions down to petty cash it sure feels like it. When it takes so super long to make a small amount of money you must admit its pretty lame. 

I did races for 2.5 hours last evening, had a good time and picked up about 65,000 dollars in doing so. I'd say that's a good payoff for having some fun.

Fact is people lose interest quickly if all objectives have been achieved. GTA Online won't be half as interesting once you have gathered all the cars and properties you desire. Maybe people who earned billions trading stocks in single player can agree with me?

A very valid and good point. If you do achieve everything too fast you will get bored, but that doesn't mean that progress should feel so painstakingly slow. Plus to be honest 65k will get spent pretty fast to do anything from purchase a few mods for weapons or vehicles etc. I guess what I'm upset about is there needs to be a balance between longevity and progress, where you feel like you need to put in enough time to get what you want but not so long that its a chore. As I leveled up (im only 43) I started to feel it was more balanced in the missions paying out more, but as I'm hearing that the levels are being nerfed it makes me mad. I see no reason for R to do this unless they want to increase the number of cash cards bought when they make them available. I understood changing Violent Duct etc as it was being abused but I didn't hear of lengthy missions like Los Santos Connection and Titan of a Job really being abused, so I don't see why they did that. 

Same here. As a 'normal' player who does the odd mission now and again. I just grinded for hours last night stealing cars, robbing trucks and stores, did Out Of Court Settlement and Titan for the first time, did them solo and failed the first few times. I thought the payout was fair. Over the past few days I just saved up enough for a 6 car garage apartment, and now I find out it's possibly going to take even longer to earn. Not too happy about it as the pace and rewards seemed fine, but I guess I'll just get on with it.

Cherrymoon
  • Cherrymoon

Crackhead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

I still cant play properly online. I still keep getting those time-out error messages.

I was hoping this was fixed by now :(

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

First:  You can make more than that easily, you must really suck at driving.

Second:  Bullsh*t.

Third:  This one made my head hurt. People play games for fun when they're not doing something productive and why do you think video games are paying you to play them? Also if you're only getting $100 for 14hrs work than I think you may be in Sri Lanka.

Lastly:  If you think playing it's so unpleasant and think that having fun repeating races is grinding than I don't think this is the game for you.

Lol, how f*cking stupid can you be?

1) He was talking about grinding races with 2-3 friends that are helping. How does that take skill? The point is that you have to trade wins with them, because 3 people aren't going to just sit there for 14 hours letting you farm them for wins. Sorry that you think win farming is the definition of skill, maybe try a real race sometime.

2) It's not bullsh*t. Winning a full race pays about $7000. Not coming in first is a lot less. One second you're talking about needing skill to make money, the next second you're saying you don't need to win to make a lot of money. How about you get off your period long enough to make some f*cking sense.

3) $100 after taxes for 14 hours is a good representation of minimum wage in a lot of the developed world, including 'Merica. Cost of living changes from state to state, along with minimum wage, you know? I guess not, they probably don't teach you that in "How To Be A Worthless Welfare Scumbag 101". If anyone in your family had ever had a job, you might know what taxes were.

Lastly, repeating the same 45 second race with a 2 minute loading time nonstop for 14 hours with the same 2 people who let you win every time is the definition of grinding. Sorry you're too much of a scrub to know how to play, and you find mindless repetitive tasks fun. You should go back to Farmville, this obviously isn't the game for you.

• GapingAngus likes this

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Titian just paid $5000... :(

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well, most missions seem to pay 50% now, but you lose 25% of what you used to when you die in free roam. Depending on how often you died, you might be making more money now. Silver linings, and all that.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well, most missions seem to pay 50% now, but you lose 25% of what you used to when you die in free roam. Depending on how often you died, you might be making more money now. Silver linings, and all that.

It seems that if I'm level 70 and invite you, who is a level 30, to my level 70 mission.. you will get paid half and I will get the full amount. Watch the payouts.

MSC--90
  • MSC--90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

I am fine with them wanting you to work more to get the highly priced things you desire but I am getting sick of having to back out to free roam and then back into a mission rather than replaying it. 

You spend way to much time f*cking around in the menus, starting to piss me off.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Are heist out yet at least

I'm pretty sure they are focusing on how to close in game money glitches so that they can lead gamers towards their stupid cash cards right now. Not you know providing the gamers with an experience that is both fun and can allow them to make in game money for free while having fun.

Like adding modes such as CnC..... 

The Warden
  • The Warden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

It is supposed to be a game that's gonna last for years. That's NOT going to happen when there's such easy money to make. 
In other MMO's it takes months/years to obtain the best items. In GTA's current state? 3 days of good grinding.. And now you guys are whining because it will take you probably a week..

This sums up the reduced pay in missions pretty well.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Sucks that I will never know the sweet payouts that some of those missions used to have. I did a mission that payed $1000 the other night. What a waste of my damn time...

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Can people on here not read? I've said twice now that the payouts are the same. It's only changed for lower level players joining higher level missions. Watch the damn payouts. Not everyone is getting the smaller payments.

RobWithGuns
  • RobWithGuns

Master Creeper

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Can people on here not read? I've said twice now that the payouts are the same. It's only changed for lower level players joining higher level missions. Watch the damn payouts. Not everyone is getting the smaller payments.

That's not true... I'm a level 64 and I've been doing Martin missions that I've unlocked myself, mostly the 1 - 2 player missions like Out of Court Settlement/Water the Vineyard/Editor and Thief. I played Water the Vineyard last night after the patch and my payment was $2500 as opposed to $5k. 

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

That's not true... I'm a level 64 and I've been doing Martin missions that I've unlocked myself, mostly the 1 - 2 player missions like Out of Court Settlement/Water the Vineyard/Editor and Thief. I played Water the Vineyard last night after the patch and my payment was $2500 as opposed to $5k. 

Watch the payouts screen after the missions. I've seen people getting 10K and 5K for Titan of a Job. I've also just done the same mission twice (Docks to Stock) and got 25K the first time and 12.5K the second time. I can't put my finger on why it's happening yet, but the payouts are different for different people/circumstances.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Watch the payouts screen after the missions. I've seen people getting 10K and 5K for Titan of a Job. I've also just done the same mission twice (Docks to Stock) and got 25K the first time and 12.5K the second time. I can't put my finger on why it's happening yet, but the payouts are different for different people/circumstances.

It's because they give you the full amount the first time playing the mission and then cut the pay in half the following times.

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

i personally am loving the 50% payout its awesome (SARCASM)

i do like the reduction in medical bills (no sarcasm)

patch 1.05 = 1. HIRE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WTF THERE DOING PLZ. 

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

If that's true then cool, that's not so bad.

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Rockstar is dead set on forcing players to buy those cards for money. If there were exploits, I'd understand nerfing or removing them. But people are finding legitimate ways of making the money they want at a comfortable pace, and it's not without it's challenges. But rockstar can't have that, 

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Missed a page or two, but one change for me is that I am no longer kicked for inactivity.

This is on invite only games.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

For the love of...when you run a mission for the first time you get the full ammount, any repeating of that mission, and here is where I get fuzzy, and the payout is cut in half. As for how long has to run between missions to avoid the 50% cut is beyond me. What I really want to know is does this effect races and other types of missions and if not WHY? If my co-op missions are getting their pay cut in half for repeating them, why are the other missions which can be REPEATED via an ingame button not?

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

There are 2 groups of people here, the "oh just deal with it because I like getting crap payouts" people, and the "wtf did they nerf payouts" people.

Look. Because so many of you think this will be an MMO to last, let me shed some light on the idea, these are old as dirt consoles. Next gen comes out next month. People will move on, so will R*, do you really think they are going to keep this game alive when they know they could re-release it on next gen with so much more power to have so many more things to enjoy in the game?

Know why WoW has lasted for so long? For starters its on PC. Which constantly adapts to new CPU's and Graphics units, etc etc. Blizzard also releases new sh*t quite often, and the method in which you are rewarded far outweighs anything this game can offer.

In WoW you can do actual jobs, grind missions, collect materials to sell, craft items, which gives you plenty of ways to make and spend money, in GTAO you simply do not have enough methods. You can do Gerald, Lamar, and Simeon missions for absolute scraps, then Lester, Ron, and Martin are your high payers, which they have nerfed to assuage many of people that bitched about someone else having nicer things than you.

In any game with levels, and level locked gear you are going to have people higher than you, and with cooler toys. It's part of gaming, so get over yourselves.

Making money should not be tedious. If I want a tedious way to make money, I'll go to real life job thanks. I play GTA to have fun, and lately having fun was playing missions with friends and making a sizeable profit at the end of the night. Now I can play 3 of the missions that used to pay 25k, and they paid me half. Same amount of headache to complete the mission, same lame ass player cap, same lame ass amount of lives, but halved the profit.

There is a HUGE difference between lengthening a game by adding more to it, and what R* is doing, which is just inflating the price of everything, and reducing profits in a vain attempt to create longitude for their game.

Honestly, I would have preferred them to halve profits but allow us to quick restart missions again. I don't mind farming a mission several times to get a few more mods for a vehicle or weapon, but now, you can do the 3 highest paying missions and still barely cover the cost of a single upgrade.
  • SmokeCheeba, voldo27 and Barcodee like this

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

In there defense, me and my friends were farming base invaders and completing it in about 2-3 mins each time.

Not possible

It is very possible.

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

In there defense, me and my friends were farming base invaders and completing it in about 2-3 mins each time.

Not possible

It is very possible.

If everybody knew what they were doing yup very possible

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

At least everyone pissed at R* from this last patch can take comfort in knowing it costs them like $40k each to release a patch to the two consoles, lol.

boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

they have also made exhileration or whatever its called(

Spoiler
) that is now $10,000 used to be $20,000.

I just did that mission maybe 2 hours ago and got 20k for it.

Dbouchielsu
  • Dbouchielsu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

I can't even find a session right now. It just keeps placing me all alone in maps

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

You people are whiners.  Even if the rewards were dropped, it doesn't matter.  I'm leveling up and getting money just fine while just playing 5K missions and selling cars at Los Santos Customs and selling cars to Simeon(texts).  I went from 5K to 68K in a matter of just a couple of hours while only doing this.  Once I get to the point of having 12.5K missions, I will get cash just fine by playing the game as it's meant.  Some missions were lowered because they are too easy to be that high of a payout.  There are still 25K missions to be unlocked and that's even better. 

I've had no problem saving up money while doing low/medium reward missions and selling vehicles, so I don't get the complaining about some missions getting cut down.  I played a mission with a higher level player that only took us 2 minutes to complete and I got 9K for it.  That's stupid.  No Hay Bronca, in free aim mode, is a way tougher mission when you're a low level player, but yet it pays only 5K.  That 2 minute mission was so simple it was stupid, but I got almost double that.  Some of these mission rewards didn't make sense and Rockstar did the right thing.   How about some of you just quit always wanting something for nothing.  Nobody is forcing anyone to buy GTA$ cards.  I won't be buying any at all, but I will get money easy enough, especially as I unlock higher paying missions.  Survival still pays a lot of money when in high rounds.  

• ol_skool_staff likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

they have also made exhileration or whatever its called(

Spoiler
) that is now $10,000 used to be $20,000.

I just did that mission maybe 2 hours ago and got 20k for it.

Odd. I also just did that mission 2 hours ago and got 10k for it, and I did absolutely everything for my "Team"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users