did it make it fun?

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Titan of a Job only gives 5000$ now.

Base Invaders only gives 12 500$ instead of 25 000$.

it's a goodthing i did base invaders late last night and escaped with the cargobob barely with my last life and got $25,000

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

So Cockstar decided to nerf all the payouts and make sh*t more expensive? Yep, this GTA Online is just a money grabbing scam. They don't care about the customer at all in GTA:O. You can't even have fun in this game, because you need so much money for weapons, ammo, cars etc... and you lose 2k every time you die. It's just not fun since you can't mess around and do random stuff with friends like in IV. I hope most people boycott this sh*t and don't buy any of their cash cards, I have no respect for anyone who buys virtual currency. Thank f*ck I did that LSC glitch and made $15 million though,I don't have to grind to afford anything.

Its there game.

Because you have zero grasp on the concept of the English language, your reply makes no sense.

THERE refers to a place.

THEIR refers to ownership.

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

it's a goodthing i did base invaders late last night and escaped with the cargobob barely with my last life and got $25,000

Same here, except i got the cash after having died along with the third guy in our group.  Well done to whoever the first guy was who managed to get away with the cargobob.  Got us our money too and made our deaths worthwhile haha.

DaRkWoLfxx638xx
  • DaRkWoLfxx638xx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

I play quite slowly to take it all in so it kind of sucks i have to wait twice as long to get stuff, but to be honest, its a perfect game to play when I blaze at night so the longer it lasts, the better.  If you play for the fun of playing the game you can always find ways to mix it up and vary your activities.  Some days I just hit stores, missions and package drops.  Other days I just wait for the inevitable attacks from players who just want to mess up my cars (haha the unwitting fools).  Amazing fun catching them out just as they think they got you first.  There are loads of ways to make money.  If your the kind of gamer after trophies and quick fixes then this really isn't the game for you.
Don't hate the game, just adapt and keep playin.  If you can't deal with it, there are other games.
Sure it sucks they have reduced the payouts but hey, least we didn't have to buy online as an extra in the first place.  They easily could have made us pay a few £ $ or whatever extra, other companies would have.

Agreed, if you are the playr who grinds and farms to the max just to have the highest level and most money as quickly as possible then you have let video hames become work instead of fun.

Has noone played an mmorpg b4? Some of them will take a month or 2 of straight grinding to max out one skill, yet ppl here want some kind of instant gratification. Play the game to play tje game. You are one of multiple millions online playing the part as a criminal, you think everyone can be Al Capone?

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

One good thing to come of this is that I've encountered some really decent gamers in freemode and missions who I now have on my PSN friends list and continue to complete missions with knowing they will not attack me or quit after two failed attempts.  A lot of my friends took the easy quick route through both story and online, leaving me pretty much without a team to run with but the good players are starting to shine through.  

I for one am loving this game.  Spent all my dough on a truck, a car, a sanchez and a garage to store them.  Took since the early disappearing glitches got patched to get that far.  Only have $9000 (although i think i've earnt that since) left and I don't give a crap that I gotta earn it all again.  Bring it on.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by meetreez, 18 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Thought we were going to get 250k with the 1.04 patch. I didn't get anything yet.

rokerlykdat
  • rokerlykdat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

So, what's the best way to make money now? 

dawgboy1976
  • dawgboy1976

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Stop moaning! For the love of god stop b***hing and just play your game. You have GTA, and you have the ability to play online, be thankful for that, shut up about not being able to get money easily, and play your 60 dollar game, tha you bought for your 300-500 dollar gaming system, using your 20 dollar a month subscription to multiplayer! If you are lucky enough to have all of that, then I think you can afford the missions in this multiplayer to give you a little less in-game money than you hoped

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

OMG you guys are too much.

R* is learning and adapting as they go. They said before it even came out that this was a new endeavor and that the players would be helping them figure out what's good, bad, and indifferent.

sh*t has only been out a month for chrissake.

They see a problem they address it. Payouts went down, but so did medical expenses.

I'm sure they will adjust the ammo costs at some point too if it's really an issue.

Stop whining so much. You are not paying for cash cards currently so what's the f*cking problem?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

So, they are taking away the methods that are netting millions in a matter of days, making the game net you millions in a matter of months. Nothing wrong with that.

It IS a problem when most of your playerbase has everything your game has to offer within 2 weeks.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Themonsterhunter, 18 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

While people will always complain I do think that in this circumstance they do have a point. Some of these missions really do need to have a 20k or more payout. The whole point of ranking up is to unlock higher paying jobs. However at this point most missions are really paying less than the effort they require to complete.

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by ShadowedAscent, 18 October 2013 - 03:34 PM.

OMG you guys are too much.

R* is learning and adapting as they go. They said before it even came out that this was a new endeavor and that the players would be helping them figure out what's good, bad, and indifferent.

sh*t has only been out a month for chrissake.

They see a problem they address it. Payouts went down, but so did medical expenses.

I'm sure they will adjust the ammo costs at some point too if it's really an issue.

Stop whining so much. You are not paying for cash cards currently so what's the f*cking problem?

Yes but how can they adapt without fan feedback?  Keeping your mouth shut about things that aren't working is only hurting r*.  So say what you think.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by Garrison64, 18 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

I don't think a lot of you have ever played a game like this online before. They always end up changing things and doing stuff to balance it to where they want it. Grow a pair and learn to deal with it. Nothing they did in any way caused us to need cash cards to buy anything. Some of you are just way to damn impatient and feel like you are entitled to have everything in the game immediately. It's such a shame you might actually have to do a little work for something now. God forbid that should ever happen to you.

bigbay49er
  • bigbay49er

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well the missions I really like I will continue to like and play regardless of the reduced payout.  However when I get the missions that I can't stand but before would grind my teeth and dredge through for the cash I will no longer even consider playing through them.

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

So, they are taking away the methods that are netting millions in a matter of days, making the game net you millions in a matter of months. Nothing wrong with that.

It IS a problem when most of your playerbase has everything your game has to offer within 2 weeks.

Exactly this. The communtity is to blame for the nerfed pay outs and disabling of replay for missions. Tons of scrubs glitched and farmed which threw off the game economy and leveling system. There's no way people should be level 100 plus with garages full of fully modded cars already. Rockstar is just trying to stop the bleeding. Unfortunately the legit players ar paying the price too.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I don't think a lot of you have ever played a game like this online before. They always end up changing things and doing stuff to balance it to where they want it. Grow a pair and learn to deal with it. Nothing they did in any way caused us to need cash cards to buy anything. Some of you are just way to damn impatient and feel like you are entitled to have everything in the game immediately. It's such a shame you might actually have to do a little work for something now. God forbid that should ever happen to you.

I agree with the balancing discussion. R* should try to balance online out. However I hardly think that breaking into a military base and blowing up jets is worth a measly 12.5k. That doesn't really seem quite balanced to me. Anyway here's hoping that they eventually put in either scaling pay and RP or just have bare minimum levels to join certain missions.

deltaechoe
  • deltaechoe

A Dopedfish

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Oh no, now I have to actually EARN my perks in game, this is totally unfair. /sarcasm

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ok, so I've read through 5 pages of all of this and I think I get the gist of this thread.

To those who think making money quickly is why the game is boring, you are wrong.  Making money and then being able to buy cars/mod them, go on crazy cop/player fights, jump mountains in cars and see who can last the longest, or just blow things up with explosives IS FUN!!!!!!!!!  Having to grind and grind and grind and grind and then avoid death at all costs and avoid using ammo because it's so expensive and avoid having your car destroyed and avoid other players IS NOT FUN!!!!!

The problem is there is far too much competitive multiplayer which isn't rewarding at all and not enough coop.  Also it's far too tedious of a game, if you decide to go all out you will die and use ammo/explosives and you will lose a ton of money.  Want to see a new paint job?  That will be 13k, want it pearlescent?  Another 13k.  Want to mod a car and see if it's any good?  Lord knows how much that will cost.

This game so far is lacking in fun not because people have everything or nothing, it's because interaction is being avoided and doing crazy stuff costs way way too much.  I wouldn't mind a mode where you can't make money but you'd get inf ammo and no medical bills.  Then you could play for real to get your weapons, cars, houses, and take them into a city where you can go balls to the wall and have some fun without loss. 

Please, this game needs major major additions to coop game play!!  Also pry a mode where there is no pvp

LilyHalePandaGirl
  • LilyHalePandaGirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I have to say that the docked payments i'm not that bothered about because im high enough to get really good jobs but if anything wtf is the whole 50% Cash Reduction if you're not the required rank for the job, thats so f*cking stupid

LilyHalePandaGirl
  • LilyHalePandaGirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Someone gave me 450 mill so I won't have to worry about cash for a long time. And no I didn't use the exploit.

Why even lie like that, how could anyone give you 450 mil without using the exploit in the first place, its glitched cash and you know it is. Plus its not even possible to give that much in one go and unless he spent a whole day giving you it thats pretty damn stupid

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

they didn't patch criminal records RP boost but the payout is nerfed now.

god84
  • god84

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

recent patch is worse... not saving anything now except rank. constant box above map saying saving failed unable to connect to rockstar game services!!!!

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

You can now press 'continue' after a mission, even if not everyone has voted yet.

Thought we were going to get 250k with the 1.04 patch. I didn't get anything yet.

They never said that. They would release 1.04, and then a few days later, everyone with 1.04 and who has played online, would get the first 250k.

remcofromnl
  • remcofromnl

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Stop complaining about the reduced payments. They also lowered the medical bills with 75%.

Was the main factor of losing money.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

I created a topic about this but I realise now that it probably should've gone in here (my bad).

Anyway, I don't know if this was a coincidence but after downloading the new patch I noticed that there's a limit to the amount of RP you can earn from a single activity, namely Survivals. After a certain point I got a message saying I had received the maximum amount of RP for that activity so for about three waves I was literally just playing for the money... which I would have gotten anyway even if I didn't complete it.

Anybody else notice this??

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Lol oh no, instead of playing it once you'll have to play it twice to make 25k. What is the world coming to?

There is still 0 reason you are being "forced" or "coerced" into buying cash cards. There is no pay wall, there is nothing people who pay get that people who don't pay miss out on. Playing 10-16k missions alone will give you a good payout at the end of the day, and that's just one day/night of playing. This game will be around a long time, it'll add up. Not to mention the future things to come.

You kids all seem to feel so entitled, always yelling I want this and I want it now, well sorry, not all games are designed to be played like that. You'll live. If not, don't play.

Agreed.. Id love to back hand smack the majority of the people I see posting here.

GTA O has barely been out for a month and these little spoiled bratz just cry all day. "Boo Hooo I can't afford the best stuff so I have to glitch or buy cash cards".. 

They blow my mind. 

broke_mexican210
  • broke_mexican210

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Im starting to think all these defending rockstar actually work for them

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Has no one understood this yet? The results of the missions are now based on your participation. Base Invaders is the same as it was. Titan of a Job is the same as it was. WATCH THE PAYOUTS screen, people. The person/people who delivered the Titan got the full 10K. It's now based on who did the major parts of the mission. 

Bati 801
  • Bati 801

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Lol oh no, instead of playing it once you'll have to play it twice to make 25k. What is the world coming to?
There is still 0 reason you are being "forced" or "coerced" into buying cash cards. There is no pay wall, there is nothing people who pay get that people who don't pay miss out on. Playing 10-16k missions alone will give you a good payout at the end of the day, and that's just one day/night of playing. This game will be around a long time, it'll add up. Not to mention the future things to come.
You kids all seem to feel so entitled, always yelling I want this and I want it now, well sorry, not all games are designed to be played like that. You'll live. If not, don't play.

+1. Well done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users