Photo

1.04 things that changed

286 replies to this topic
Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

The nerfs are not even important. This patch is to address the last biggest progression loss bug, the garage glitch. Only time will tell if it has worked.

Progression bug is annoying as hell so hope that's fixed.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Read cars sell for less. Anyone have info on this?

Zenzic
  • Zenzic

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

True no one is forcing you to buy the cash cards, but when they keep on reducing the missions down to petty cash it sure feels like it. When it takes so super long to make a small amount of money you must admit its pretty lame. 

I did races for 2.5 hours last evening, had a good time and picked up about 65,000 dollars in doing so. I'd say that's a good payoff for having some fun.

Fact is people lose interest quickly if all objectives have been achieved. GTA Online won't be half as interesting once you have gathered all the cars and properties you desire. Maybe people who earned billions trading stocks in single player can agree with me?

• lxr and RockysAMV like this

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

True no one is forcing you to buy the cash cards, but when they keep on reducing the missions down to petty cash it sure feels like it. When it takes so super long to make a small amount of money you must admit its pretty lame. 

I did races for 2.5 hours last evening, had a good time and picked up about 65,000 dollars in doing so. I'd say that's a good payoff for having some fun.

Fact is people lose interest quickly if all objectives have been achieved. GTA Online won't be half as interesting once you have gathered all the cars and properties you desire. Maybe people who earned billions trading stocks in single player can agree with me?

A very valid and good point. If you do achieve everything too fast you will get bored, but that doesn't mean that progress should feel so painstakingly slow. Plus to be honest 65k will get spent pretty fast to do anything from purchase a few mods for weapons or vehicles etc. I guess what I'm upset about is there needs to be a balance between longevity and progress, where you feel like you need to put in enough time to get what you want but not so long that its a chore. As I leveled up (im only 43) I started to feel it was more balanced in the missions paying out more, but as I'm hearing that the levels are being nerfed it makes me mad. I see no reason for R to do this unless they want to increase the number of cash cards bought when they make them available. I understood changing Violent Duct etc as it was being abused but I didn't hear of lengthy missions like Los Santos Connection and Titan of a Job really being abused, so I don't see why they did that. 

• RockysAMV likes this

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Holy sh*t, man. Why don't you all cry some more?
  • Admiral Blaubarschbube likes this

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

That is not true. There is tons to do. Just messing around with other people is fun. Shoot outs are fun sometimes, but expensive as hell and this doesn't help. Messing around with paint jobs is fun and costly. There are all the awards for doing various tasks and even unlockables for some of them. There is plenty to do. But if you want to make money legit then you are pretty well f*cked. And it will be a loooong grind of constant racing or doing the same missions over and over. Even if you try to get some variety you will have to do everything twice as much. Meaning things will become boring faster as you spin your wheels and get no where money wise.

• abfirstr8 likes this

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

I wouldn't mind these payouts if they started this low...it's the fact that we became accustomed to the original payouts and they basically said "F you guys...you are playing the game and making too much money".
  • RockysAMV and abfirstr8 like this

ripyouup
  • ripyouup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

they have also made exhileration or whatever its called(

Spoiler
) that is now $10,000 used to be $20,000.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:28 AM Edited by SkylineGTRFreak, 18 October 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Oh sure. R* def needs more money. It's not like they made over 800million the DAY it was released. Oh no. Oh heavens no. They NEED money!

@ that guy cbf to look up. People aren't wondering if the glitches are working just to abuse them, some of them/us are wondering if they actually gave a sh*t enough to actually patch it.

Uh, no they didn't? But if it makes you feel better thinking they've made that money... Alright.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Did it add cookies? please someone anyone please confirm this :(

Wait so now even Base invaders was patched.... well thats f*cking gay.

Why's that? 12.5k is still a pretty hefty amount.

Why dont you try the mission, fail and then retry but have to rebuy stickies and see if you still have that opinion.

Herodias69
  • Herodias69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Someone gave me 450 mill so I won't have to worry about cash for a long time. And no I didn't use the exploit.

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Not when it used to be double

Dropped your dummy there, kiddo.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

So every mission people enjoy playing are all nerfed?

Gee Rockstar, could you force people to buy money packs some more?

tazzy4u2
  • tazzy4u2

Player Hater

• Members

At no point are they forcing you to buy cash cards. Lowering the payout just means it takes twice as long to farm your money.
The whole concept of this game was GTA online NOT GTA5 multiplayer.
You are meant to invest time ranking up and saving money. It's meant to take weeks not hours to get millions. It was supposed to be a kind of mmo.
I haven't glitched and I don't care if others have, chances are most are short term players. I also have no intention of buying a cash card and all these patches DO NOT make it that I have , they just mean I have to play the game for longer.

The big complaint should be lack of variety and lack of custom creator , although I'm sure most people want that to create their own glitches not to enhance the game. Although if R* weren't spending so much time with glitches and farming they might be releasing new content.
Should of been a 2 week beta test.

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

@LordVenom

STFU about the replay button, it only works on races. Go replay a race for money and RP over and over again because that apparently is a legit way to play.

Twisted122
  • Twisted122

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Please someone tell me that they buffed the payouts of the map related (many players) missions.

Racing payouts is to OP.

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

They fixed the LSC bike glitch, but apparently some super car method is better and still works lmao

So maybe they will fix it in 1.05

I never did the "bike glitch"

Always used cars, and lately, super cars. I don't understand what was so special about the bike glitch?

That it gave you at least 30k every minute? 

marijuanaz
  • marijuanaz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by marijuanaz, 18 October 2013 - 08:36 AM.

I just spent an easy 15k on ammo doing some stupid mission where we keep all dieing. Payout? $5k. Nice $10k loss.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by karmaman101, 18 October 2013 - 08:37 AM.

Oh sure. R* def needs more money. It's not like they made over 800million the DAY it was released. Oh no. Oh heavens no. They NEED money!

@ that guy cbf to look up. People aren't wondering if the glitches are working just to abuse them, some of them/us are wondering if they actually gave a sh*t enough to actually patch it.

Uh, no they didn't? But if it makes you feel better thinking they've made that money... Alright.

They did. GTA V made $800 million within 24 hours of launching, over $1 billion within 3 days.

• abfirstr8 likes this

BlackEdge
  • BlackEdge

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

They did. GTA V made $800 million within 24 hours of launching, over $1 billion within 3 days.

Lol owned by reality.

• abfirstr8 likes this

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

At no point are they forcing you to buy cash cards. Lowering the payout just means it takes twice as long to farm your money.
The whole concept of this game was GTA online NOT GTA5 multiplayer.
You are meant to invest time ranking up and saving money. It's meant to take weeks not hours to get millions. It was supposed to be a kind of mmo.
I haven't glitched and I don't care if others have, chances are most are short term players. I also have no intention of buying a cash card and all these patches DO NOT make it that I have , they just mean I have to play the game for longer.

The big complaint should be lack of variety and lack of custom creator , although I'm sure most people want that to create their own glitches not to enhance the game. Although if R* weren't spending so much time with glitches and farming they might be releasing new content.
Should of been a 2 week beta test.

Lowering the payout is definitely pushing you to buy the cash cards when released. What use would the cash cards be if everyone could make a fair amount of money by actually doing the activities created by R*!?

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Man.. they really want us to buy those cash cards. That is f*cked up.

Well, I for one will be supporting R* and buying one... Nothing wrong with spending spare cash on a company that made a great game...

I'm angry man. You can buy your cash cards, I'm not downing people that do. It's just f*cked up for the people who can't buy cash cards, or prefer to spend their money on things more important to them. There are many things that people want in the game and many things that will come and it's just so obvious to Rockstar's plan. Blatant.

People were upset when the news first broke about cash cards. Then, the impression was given that oh the cash cards are just for that extra pad to your bank account and when we saw the missions, it was practical to grind and get that 400k apartment or even that million dollar Adder. Now? reducing the payouts of missions? That's sending a clear message.

Maybe I'm taking it wrong and maybe I'm overreacting. I get passionate about things like this. I mean it sucks for the hard workers man. You just sh*tted on them. I can commend people for trying to be understanding and say ohh 12.5 is still decent money... but when it used to be 18K? That's 55k loss on 10 runs.

I'm just thinking out loud in my post. I don't want to write an essay..

well well...

its friday, people go out and drink... a beer for lets say 3€ ...  maybe u eat something... lets say you spend 20€ and thats a relativly cheap evening.   OR u stay at home and play GTA...  this game saved me alot of money, so why not spend some of it? i payed for other games the same amount of money and they where finished in 12 hours. this one i play for a month now and still no end to come.

i can see myself putting up to 50€ in the online part just for dollars and rockstar deserves it.

i dont want to have a game where i can grind off like crazy, i dont want to use glitches, i dont want to have the possibility to repeat the same sh*t over and over again just to get the most out of it.

so u either have a RL job and earn some money to pay gta$ because u want that adder (good for u, i want that Zinger/Stinger thingy), or u dont have a job and have enough time to grind for it like a robot.

in both cases people are doing boring sh*t for hours to earn money, one goes outta house and the otherone grinds in GTA.

• lxr and philthethrill81 like this

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

In there defense, me and my friends were farming base invaders and completing it in about 2-3 mins each time.

Conflictionfun
  • Conflictionfun

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:58 AM Edited by mrmarcd, 18 October 2013 - 11:01 AM.

Updating a lot of missions in my thread currently. The theme seems to be that most missions are nerfed by 50%. I can confirm that at least one has not.

xRDASeken
  • xRDASeken

n00b slayer

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Boo-hoo you need to work for money. Go sweat at survival or some other game mode instead of moaning that you lose money because a noob kills you in free roam. Or glitch, either way moaning won't solve anything.

LordVenom
  • LordVenom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

[quote name="cfrostyscriv" post="1063791870" timestamp="1382085232"]@LordVenom
 STFU about the replay button, it only works on races. Go replay a race for money and RP over and over again because that apparently is a legit way to play.[/quote
Come make me stfu goof! I'd stomp your f*ckin head right thru the cement you pc b*tch goof!

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Losers who work for their money.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Now that all the favorite missions are nerfed, I am not even going to bother anymore. This is ridiculous, in patch 1.05 every mission will probably pay out two candy bars and a nickle.

For me they are taking online the wrong way. Player interaction is barely there. Instead of interacting, people avoid each other because of the medical bills, and don't often use the phone abilities. Now that missions pay out 50%, this will only increase. 

Seems like you are going to spend more than you earn. Buy ammo and armor for a mission and you can easily be out $1500. If the mission was for Simeon you've just earned $500. Hooray! 

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Now that all the favorite missions are nerfed, I am not even going to bother anymore. This is ridiculous, in patch 1.05 every mission will probably pay out two candy bars and a nickle.

For me they are taking online the wrong way. Player interaction is barely there. Instead of interacting, people avoid each other because of the medical bills, and don't often use the phone abilities. Now that missions pay out 50%, this will only increase. 

Seems like you are going to spend more than you earn. Buy ammo and armor for a mission and you can easily be out $1500. If the mission was for Simeon you've just earned $500. Hooray! 

Rockstar need to make cash cards viable though which they can't do with making every mission worth $25000, they are a business and you have to respect that.

Joestar
  • Joestar

I'll be the roundabout

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by Joestar, 18 October 2013 - 09:22 AM.

They are a business and you have to respect that.

No not really, not when the game shattered sales records within days of launch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users