Photo

The explosions are just bad

11 replies to this topic
bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

plenty of other games on older systems got it way better.  The appearance, the regularity, the way they spread to other vehicles for no reason...

You disagree? Tell us what's good about them, or what makes them better than other games...

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:09 AM Edited by bicycles?, 18 October 2013 - 04:09 AM.

there are a bunch of threads on here about the annoying screen flash every time you kill someone...

What about the screen shake every time an explosion/grenade goes off, no matter how far away it is?

Combine that with the inaccuracy/irregularity of the standard grenade tosses...

it's just. bad.

• Databank likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Grenade and sticky bomb explosions are anti-climactic. I remember the first time I threw a grenade, when it went off I was like "that's it?"

In all honesty I wouldn't have minded if they had reused the explosion sounds and effects from IV.

bsnooch
  • bsnooch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:18 AM Edited by bsnooch, 18 October 2013 - 05:19 AM.

plenty of other games on older systems got it way better.  The appearance, the regularity, the way they spread to other vehicles for no reason...

You disagree? Tell us what's good about them, or what makes them better than other games...

Explosions have always spread to other vehicles since like GTA1 or 2. It made more sense back then I guess because you were given money based on the amount of destruction you caused.

I like that they still do that though.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Explosions do look good though. The way there is a shockwave and a yellow and black cloud, it looks epic at night. But it spreads very unrealistically.

Logum
  • Logum

Crystal Clear

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I hate how when a car explodes cars that stand close to it explodes at the exact same time. Stupid AF

Databank
  • Databank

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

The explosions are weird, sometimes cars blow up really easily, sometimes it's impossible to destroy them

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by Choco Taco, 24 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

The way the explosions spread to other cars sucks.  It looks totally stupid.

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

i really liked the IV explosions. I wish they used those.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't really care?

I enjoy putting the tanker across the freeway and having a huge traffic jam, and then bring on the grenade launcher - one short, one further down and one down further... bang, bang, bang "argh!" haha.

Unrealistic or stupid explosions? Never been on a freeway when someone pulls out the GL....

I don't give it much thought but if you're after full-on detail (or just a bit of it) than i can see your point. Same thing with the shakey-screen - lasts a second then i move on.

Terrible explosion or beautiful explosion, you still get the cops on your tail so the fun is short-lived.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't really care?

I enjoy putting the tanker across the freeway and having a huge traffic jam, and then bring on the grenade launcher - one short, one further down and one down further... bang, bang, bang "argh!" haha.

Unrealistic or stupid explosions? Never been on a freeway when someone pulls out the GL....

I don't give it much thought but if you're after full-on detail (or just a bit of it) than i can see your point. Same thing with the shakey-screen - lasts a second then i move on.

Terrible explosion or beautiful explosion, you still get the cops on your tail so the fun is short-lived.

I like putting sticky bombs in between the line or cars or around them if they pile up then pour gas over top of them and then pour the trail away from the cars then light it up and watch how high each car goes in the air.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by marco-polo, 25 October 2013 - 01:06 PM.

I like putting sticky bombs in between the line or cars or around them if they pile up then pour gas over top of them and then pour the trail away from the cars then light it up and watch how high each car goes in the air.

You enjoy the sticky bomb-sky high thing huh? Lol

Wouldn't the fuel pouring just scare the drivers? Shot the tank, leave a trail, lay your bombs and take your victims to the thin layer of oxygen that you seem to crave.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users