MY GTA VI(ce City) concept *very possible*

20 replies to this topic
Russ-T
  • Russ-T

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hi all

Sorry bout making a thread for this when there are already threads speculating about what GTA VI will be about.  But I think its pretty obvious 6 will be set in Vice City (roman numerals VI for 6 says it all) so this thread is about MY STORY for Vice City.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be in the 80’s but 80’s is cool but 90’s would do.

The story would take place in Vice City as well as the GTA worlds version of CUBA!!!  Think about it.  Lots of you want mexico etc but Vice City / Cuba is a way better idea and cuba and mexico are practically the same thing  ;;) .  There would be drug running and political drama between the two places.  And there is actually a rich history in real life that this story can be based on.  There could even be a Guantanamo Bay kinda place!!  GUANTANAMO FRIGGIN BAY!!!

The Cuban portion of the game I reckon would be sweet if it followed a poverty stricken FEMALE lead, whos family is tormented by the government there and famished in poverty.  She could be a whore (or forced to whore) and then becomes a tough bitch out of it.  Basically this girl is rough as guts, or at least becomes that way after the poor state of political affairs her country is in. 

Think of how beautiful a carribbean component of the game would be.  Vice City would be huge itself and so would the Cuba part.  But there can be many other islands around and maybe even a West Indies / Jamaica portion of the game.  Rasta’s would definitely be one of the main types of sub-cultures in this game and we haven’t really seen any genuine rasta action in a long time.  The male lead character from vice city could even be a rasta perhaps??  I think there should be another male lead as well, either a Tommy Vercetti type from Vice City (keep it traditional) or a a militant communist fidel castro type from the Cuba part (also chip in your ideas on what cuba would be called).

I think if we accept the facts that GTA VI will be set in Vice City we may as well start looking at how a serious story would evolve, and ppl seem to want more than one city well I think that an overseas island is a brilliant idea and leaves the game designers great creativity for designing many island type cities etc.  Assasins Creed did it very well im sure GTA can do it ffffar better!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

..and cuba and mexico are practically the same thing...

I suggest you take a further look into each of their economies, geography, culture, and government before you make such a stupid post like that again.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

God please no....

VC had two games that should be enough. If you want VC soooooooo bad go back and f*cken play it.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by The Made Man, 21 October 2013 - 03:42 AM.

God please no....

VC had two games that should be enough. If you want VC soooooooo bad go back and f*cken play it.

Yeah and how many games have Liberty city had? Oh thats right 3...No 7  if you count the two DLC's, Chinatown wars and GTA Advance. Yeah I went there.

Vice City came out in freaking 2002 and Vice City Stories, 2006. We're in 2013 now and 2002/2006 were a really long time ago.

Did Vice City get an HD remake like Los Santos or Liberty City? No. So whats with the whining? 

Since you're being a jerk, if I want to go back in play Las Ventures or San Fierro(assuming you want those places), I'll just play SA.

And its also not like Miami/Vice City hasn't changed since the 80s and is a completely different city. :sarcasm:

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Vice City came out in freaking 2002 and Vice City Stories, 2006. We're in 2013 now and 2002/2006 were a really long time ago.

Did Vice City get an HD remake like Los Santos or Liberty City? No.

(1) 02/06 wasn't that long ago. At all depends when the person was born.

(2) VC does deserve a HD REMAKE. if they were to do a VC they should make "now-a-days" VC then I wouldn't mind.

It's time for a new city(maybe even a different country).

Russ-T
  • Russ-T

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Thats why i threw in cuba/mediterranean islands in the mix.  That would surely compliment the game in a great way and think of all the gnarly stuff that could happen international waters in between

if they did it in another country perhaps the London 1969 theme would be good re-visited.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by The Made Man, 21 October 2013 - 05:45 AM.

Did Vice City get an HD remake like Los Santos or Liberty City? No.

(1) 02/06 wasn't that long ago. At all depends when the person was born.

(2) VC does deserve a HD REMAKE. if they were to do a VC they should make "now-a-days" VC then I wouldn't mind.

It's time for a new city(maybe even a different country).

I was born in 1994 and now in college. To me 02/06 were a long time ago. Yeah I agree there needs to be a new city, but first Vice City needs a remake and badly. Southern Florida+Florida keys set in modern times would be perfect and all Rockstar needs to do with the next GTA.That game wouldn't even be remotely similar to the past Vice Cities that it wouldn't even be funny. Trust me Miami has changed A LOT in since the 80s. Its STILL growing, because the city is fairly new. Miami is a iconic city and is known around the world, which is why a lot of people visit it all the time. 

Here's how iconic Miami is in a nutshell...

" According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Miami's metro area is the eighth most populous and fourth-largest urban area in the United States, with a population of around 5.5 million.[8][9]

Miami is a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, tourism and international trade.[10][11] In 2010, Miami was classified as an Alpha- World City in the World Cities Study Group’s inventory.[12] In 2010, Miami ranked seventh in the United States in terms of finance, commerce, culture, entertainment, fashion, education, and other sectors. It ranked thirty-third among global cities.[13] In 2008, Forbes magazine ranked Miami "America's Cleanest City", for its year-round good air quality, vast green spaces, clean drinking water, clean streets and city-wide recycling programs.[14] According to a 2009 UBS study of 73 world cities, Miami was ranked as the richest city in the United States, and the world's fifth-richest city in terms of purchasing power.[15] Miami is nicknamed the "Capital of Latin America",[1] is the second-largest U.S. city (after El Paso, Texas) with a Spanish-speaking majority, and the largest city with a Cuban-American plurality.[16] "

Now heres how big Miami has gotten throughout the years...

skyline-miami.jpg

Miami_skyline_20080516.png

799px-Moon_over_Miami.png

Trust me modern day Vice City and surrounding areas would be PERFECT. Everglades and Swamps which the older VC didn't even have! Also Miami is now more of a young peoples city than it was in the 80s. It now a party city known for its nightlife around the world with the hottest girls like models. Miami today is where a lot of rich and famous people go to relax,chill or party. Trust me a modern Vice City/Southern Florida would be PERFECT...Repeat PERFECT!!!!!

Nightclubs:

club-bouncer.jpg

Hot chicks:

PitbullwithSexyWomenPicture001.jpg

Hotels:

Reserving-Miami-Hotels-2312.jpg

^^^Remember the beautiful jaw dropping hotels in GTA VC? Well Modern Miami since then has way better hotels.

Beaches/Tropical Weather:

Miami-Beach-Aerial-Tour-2011-324.jpg

Festivals:

wmc_11.jpg

^^^Stuff like this happens almost all the time in Miami.

This is just Miami along and not the rest of Southern Florida. Where can you go from with this??? Again a modern day southern Florida is NEEDED repeat NEEDED. Name me a USA city(besides NYC and LA) that is more iconic and has more of a personalty than the Magic City. 

@Russ-T

No American is allowed to visit Cuba and it would be unrealistic. And why Mediterranean islands???? And not other islands from the Caribbean???Why choose islands that are 5440.10 miles from Miami/Vice City. When  you could choose Caribbean Islands like the Bahamas. The islands of the Bahamas are actually a HOPSCOTCH away from Miami, MUCH closer to Miami THAN Cuba...

Anyways a revision of Southern Florida doesn't really need any Caribbean islands. It just needs Vice City and surrounding areas including the Florida keys. But I want the Caribbean islands, because Scarface the World is Yours had them and it worked out well in that game. They had some Bahamas island, but not Cuba.  

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I have to agree with @TheMadeMan, there is no reason for R* not to make an HD remake of Vice City since it's one of the iconic fictional cities R* has created, people wanted that badly.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I agree and I also agree that Cuba and Mexico are practically the same thing.

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

SKIP

And there's people who say a present-time Vice City wouldn't work... And don't forget that R* can add a lot of things to it to make it feel a bit like 80's era too (radio stations, clothing, vehicles, etc.).

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

SKIP

And there's people who say a present-time Vice City wouldn't work... And don't forget that R* can add a lot of things to it to make it feel a bit like 80's era too (radio stations, clothing, vehicles, etc.).

With two games (and 3 DLC) in a row set in the present time I'd say it's time to change the setting ;)

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have to agree with @TheMadeMan, there is no reason for R* not to make an HD remake of Vice City since it's one of the iconic fictional cities R* has created, people wanted that badly.

Exactly...There were so many people that loved the Vice City location and wanted it badly. I also don't mind a new city. Heck I originally did not want Vice City, but originally wanted the Midwest, but then I seen the potential in Vice City. Next gen R should make the first GTA game Southern Florida and then the last game of the gen should be a completely new location, it'll go out like a bang.

@Rainbow Party

No they're not...I don't know why the OP even said that. Has he ever been to Mexico or Cuba? Has he even met Cubans or Mexicans to make a statement like that? The only thing Cuba/Cubans and Mexico/Mexicans share in common is that they're both in Latin America and that they're both hispanics(which is not even a race). Both Cuba and Mexico have completely different music, culture,food, traditions, laws, slang's, dances, religion and heck they are both genetically different in a way.

First I'll start with music...Find me a Mexican in Mexico that listens to Salsa and find me a Cuban in Cuba that listens to Mexican music like Ranchera. You won't...

As for genetics...Yes both Cubans and Mexicans are a bit different...Even though both are Hispanics. Hispanics on the islands like Cubans have way more African admixture than Hispanics from Central America like Mexicans. The African genes in most Central Americans is almost NON EXISTENT. Meanwhile in Cuba, half the population has African genes. And also you can see the strong African influence in their food, music(salsa), culture and even certain religion like  Santeria, which is straight from West Africa specially Nigeria and Cubans even speak Nigerian Yoruba. Meanwhile in Mexico the African influence and genes is NON EXISTENT. In Mexico the culture is still heavily indignous influence. Mexicans are actually a lot more genetically closer to the indignous population. You can see it in some of their non Catholicism religions where its mixed with Catholicism and indignous stuff. Their traditions still has strong indignous influence, while Cubans do not.  

They're not the same...Trust me I've seen plenty of Cubans and Mexicans and had some as friend. Their cultures aren't alike...Thats like saying both Canada and the USA are exactly the same just because both are in North America.

@DaWiesel

I seriously do not get why people think VC HAS to be in the 80s, was the 80s VC that good? Again VC has changed a lot since then. The city has gotten more known around the world and bigger. Yes they can add 80s radio stations, okay if that will make people feel better. But again if R makes a new VC it will NOT be the same as the old VC. They will most likely add Southern Florida which includes swamps/everglades. Again Miami is known for the party city around the world, its a playground for the rich and famous. How wouldn't that work???

Also I remember around V announcement, fans of GTA SA were complaining that a Los Santos/San Andreas wouldn't work in present time, because it worked better in the 90s. The said this because gangs in LS/LA were at its prime in the 90s. Look what happened...R proved them wrong. R also proved them wrong that we didn't need Venturas or San Fierro. Just like that VC does not NEED the 80s.  Why do people even want the 80s again??? By having the 80s again, you're actually holding back VC because a lot sh*t happened since then.

Russ-T
  • Russ-T

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by Russ-T, 22 October 2013 - 02:18 AM.

@ The Made Man

Epic post.  How can anyone not be sold after that

i still like the Cuba idea for storyline and plot enhancing as well tho.  There's so much dodgy underbelly business that can go on between the two places and thats what GTA is about for me !!  drugs, guns and politics!  They could be two seperate maps..??  works for assasins creed 3 when travelling...

and yea i have never met any cubans or mexicans but pretty sure that they all latino mainly and most of them aspire to be maids or janitors.  they also all love cocaine so they're practically the same thing, just like americans and canadians except canadians are better at hockey and less uptight about generally everything.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

@ The Made Man

Epic post.  How can anyone not be sold after that

i still like the Cuba idea for storyline and plot enhancing as well tho.  There's so much dodgy underbelly business that can go on between the two places and thats what GTA is about for me !!  drugs, guns and politics!  They could be two seperate maps..??  works for assasins creed 3 when travelling...

Thanks man, I appreciate. All I'm trying to do is inform people on the potential of a modern day setting VC and surrounding areas.

The problems I have with Cuba is that its a communist country and so getting weapons will be difficult and almost unrealistic. Lets not forget that Americans aren't even allowed there. But it kinda worked for Godfather 2 the game, but that was around the cold war and Cuban Revolution. 

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by Rainbow Party, 22 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

@Rainbow Party

No they're not...I don't know why the OP even said that. Has he ever been to Mexico or Cuba? Has he even met Cubans or Mexicans to make a statement like that? The only thing Cuba/Cubans and Mexico/Mexicans share in common is that they're both in Latin America and that they're both hispanics (...)

That's an interesting post. I was just joking though, of course :p I asumed the OP was joking too but I'm not sure now.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

@Rainbow Party

No they're not...I don't know why the OP even said that. Has he ever been to Mexico or Cuba? Has he even met Cubans or Mexicans to make a statement like that? The only thing Cuba/Cubans and Mexico/Mexicans share in common is that they're both in Latin America and that they're both hispanics (...)

That's an interesting post. I was just joking though, of course :p I asumed the OP was joking too but I'm not sure now.

Well I'm an idiot then. :lol:

But thanks that you found the post interesting.

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by Lewis Chappers, 22 October 2013 - 11:56 PM.

God please no....

Its not like Liberty City has had six, or maybe seven games in its locale. 

>_>  <_<

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Liberty city has appeared in:

GTA

GTA 3

GTA LCS

GTA IV

GTA CW

and two DLC packs for IV "The ballad of gay tony" and "The Lost and Damned".

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Don't forget GTA: Advance

Russ-T
  • Russ-T

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

@Rainbow Party

haha nope i wasnt joking!!  they're both choco that was my point basically

its interesting americans arent allowed in cuba i didnt know that... so what you cant even go for a holiday there???  what about business trips??

but i reckon the fact americans cant go there all for makes a better story ;)   would love to see a guntanamo bay bust!

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Don't forget GTA: Advance

Oh, i completely forgot that!

So 6 games and 2 DLC packs. But this isn't a proper reason to have 4 more games for each state! (SA and VC)

#Off-Topic: Is there anybody who has completed the GTA:A, because I'm playing it using "My Boy for Android" and I'm stuck on Cisco's second mission. Any Help?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users