Photo

Best-armored/safest car?

94 replies to this topic
F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Basically, I'm wondering what the safest car to not get killed in is. Speed helps, but I'm talking about cars that aren't $500k. 

I've heard good things about the Sandking XL, the Merryweather Jeep, the Baller, and the Granger, but which is the best?

I've heard that the Jeep is great for off-roading, but it doesn't have the look of a car that can take a bigger beating than the others. The Sandking, if I'm not mistaken, is too high for players in most cars to shoot you, and I'm pretty sure they can't shoot through the bed cap's windows (please correct me if I'm wrong). The Baller, people like it because it's fast for a 4-door. Not sure how much damage it can take. What about the Granger? I've yet to drive one yet. Is it fast? How is it's handling? Can people really hold on to the outside of the car and use assault rifles and stuff?

Which is the best for overall protection from both cops and other players?

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

The Sand King is great. It's high up and harder to get kills on the driver with autoaim. Throw some good armor and bullet proof tires on it and you have a rolling deni-tank. Wish I could supe-up an armored car for cruising.
  • KoolJohn likes this

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Basically, I'm wondering what the safest car to not get killed in is. Speed helps, but I'm talking about cars that aren't $500k. 

I've heard good things about the Sandking XL, the Merryweather Jeep, the Baller, and the Granger, but which is the best?

I've heard that the Jeep is great for off-roading, but it doesn't have the look of a car that can take a bigger beating than the others. The Sandking, if I'm not mistaken, is too high for players in most cars to shoot you, and I'm pretty sure they can't shoot through the bed cap's windows (please correct me if I'm wrong). The Baller, people like it because it's fast for a 4-door. Not sure how much damage it can take. What about the Granger? I've yet to drive one yet. Is it fast? How is it's handling? Can people really hold on to the outside of the car and use assault rifles and stuff?

The semi-truck and van practically invincible from behind. There's no rear windows on either one. The obvious problem with them is that you can only fit 2 people in them and they're pretty slow (the semi-truck isn't terribly slow on the highway, and it's so powerful that you can just bulldoze through whatever you want to). Apart from that, I've heard good things about all the Merryweather vehicles.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Double T-- they can't hit you if you are going 100 hundred miles per hour

Seriously though the sand king XL at the pier will serve its pourpose

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

The SWAT riot van is the safest vehicle in the game. The windows are bullet proof.

• GEAR0706 and KPCC187 like this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by F63, 18 October 2013 - 01:40 AM.

The Sand King is great. It's high up and harder to get kills on the driver with autoaim. Throw some good armor and bullet proof tires on it and you have a rolling deni-tank. Wish I could supe-up an armored car for cruising.

Yeah, just got bulletproof tires on mine. I just wish it wasn't so slow, but whatever...I take very little damage from anything. And is it worth lowering it? Are there any benefits? Or should I keep it as high up as possible?

But I'm really curious about the Granger.

EDIT: ^And I mean cars you can make yours.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by Car Lover, 18 October 2013 - 01:41 AM.

I gotta say the Sandking XL.  With full armor, bulletproof tires, and the camper shell it's virtually a tank.  Plus, it can drive over other vehicles.  And it's a 4 door.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

I've noticed that in vans and semis you can't be shot from behind since there's no window but somehow you can still shoot people behind you...

• Mad Dog 0451 likes this

mathios88
  • mathios88

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

I gotta say the Sandking XL.  With full armor, bulletproof tires, and the camper shell it's virtually a tank.  Plus, it can drive over other vehicles.  And it's a 4 door.

plus add tranny and engine upgrades, and it is straight BEAST

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by withonion, 18 October 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Just got Trevors car. It is tough but not sure about the fact it has no windows.

But you can stand in the cockpit and shoot then press triangle and immediately you are driving away.

• Feral411 likes this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

If only it had bulletproof windows, haha. I basically just want a personal tank. The Sandking XL seems like the closest right now. I'm not on GTA right now...what are the requirements to unlock the bed cap?

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

Baller V2. Speed = safety

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

I have fast discovered that once you put bullet proofing on them, many cars are really strong tanks. My Entity XF even protects me pretty well untill it loses a door.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

Nothing protects if your windows are breakable. I've %100 armor it doesn't matter you die with a accurate shot instantly

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

you dont want huge wheels or windows.

maybe something with a lot of car behind your head.

perhaps a voltic?

its fast out of the gate like a sumbitch and there is nothing but car just behidn your head.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:22 AM Edited by MantisFang, 18 October 2013 - 02:23 AM.

One that you can buy a rollcage for.

The free Elegy is pretty damn tough with one. 

It has decent acceleration and with offroad tires it can TEAR ASS up almost any incline/mountain.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Baller V2. Speed = safety

That's what I thought, but people can still shoot you with ease, even in a fast car. Plus, you have to brake around turns, you can still take loads of damage from cops, and it really can't survive a long chase (I THINK! Again, let me know if I'm wrong).

I wish cars had an armor stat to show which cars are basically tanks.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

perhaps a voltic?

its fast out of the gate like a sumbitch and there is nothing but car just behidn your head.

Why not huge wheels? 

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

I just got the Sandking. I've have it on the 2nd armor level, with bullet proof tires and this thing is a low budget tank. It's great for missions because you can use it as cover. It also drives over mostly everything in game and is a four door. You really can't go wrong with it.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

Nothing protects if your windows are breakable. I've %100 armor it doesn't matter you die with a accurate shot instantly

Don't all cars have breakable windows? As I said, I'm pretty sure the bed cap in the SK doesn't have breakable windows, so, while it may not be perfect, it helps.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

perhaps a voltic?

Why not huge wheels? 

if you dont have bullet proof tires right off the bat, big wheels will be an issue. its like a big target for spray and prayers and some people jsut aim for it.

HolladayMTM
  • HolladayMTM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

The SandKing is my OG personal vehicle. It's awesome for cover and the only one I have destroyed was going off in some deep spots and flooding em. Bulletproof tires are a must because its an anchor on flats. But it will drive right over cars with some speed.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:36 AM Edited by F63, 18 October 2013 - 02:37 AM.

Oh yes, of course you MUST get bp tires. That was the first thing I bought on my Sandking (even before any performance upgrades). My next will be the bed cap before any performance upgrades.

Safety > Performance

I may not be able to outrun a player, but, eventually, I'll kill you when you run out of bullets.

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security Lt

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

The windows on the FIB Granger are bulletproof ? If it does, can it be stored in your garage ?

It's the one where you can hang up outside the car?

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

Don't all cars have breakable windows? As I said, I'm pretty sure the bed cap in the SK doesn't have breakable windows, so, while it may not be perfect, it helps.

No, and no..

Police van has INVINCIBLE windows but tires aren't BP and you can't own or mod it :'(

Also there is a problem in this game go get the sandking on SP, put the bedcap on and go back of the car shoot the bedcap, it doesn't get damaged, because bullet goes through it, it's a bug. I saw this on few other things too, those kind of small stupid mistakes kills the game

Soulchild
  • Soulchild

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

The black & white Police Van would be perfect if the tires weren't so fking weak. They get shot out too easily. The grey Armored Police Van is better.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

Not sure if you're looking to survive fights, or just looking to survive. If it's the latter, I can tell you my survival rate is highest on my Bati 801. No one can get close enough to touch you, it's simply too fast and mobile.

A lot of people who kill you in your vehicle will be using explosives or the heavy sniper rifle. Either way, it doesn't matter what you're driving or how much armor it has, it's completely screwed. The only way it can survive those situations is to not let them hit you in the first place, which is where the Bati 801 prevails. There's no way anyone is getting near you if you don't want them to.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

Vapid Bullet, 155k. The Metal shutters on the back window make it near impossible for bullets to pass through. And the back of the car protects quite well.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

adder - fastest car, good handling, tiny rear windows

merryweather jeep - Exterior roll cage keeps the vehicle in damn near perfect condition when you crash/roll, also the big spare tire blocks you from getting shot from behind, offroad capability

Sandking - sits up high , offroad capability, drives over almost everything

whatever you use, you should have all performance upgrades and bulletproof tires are a must

• SCS_Skreamies likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users