Photo

Abusive taxes

9 replies to this topic
KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by KawakSallas, 18 October 2013 - 01:03 AM.

So today PS4 prices were revealed here on Brazil. It will cost R$ 4.000,00. We're talking about $ 1.852,00.

Can you believe this sh*t?

In the U.S.A, the price of the PS4 will be $ 399 - In a direct conversion, R$ 870.

This means that here in Brazil we're paying R$ 3.130,00 - $ 1.453,00 JUST ON TAXES.

No wonder my country is screwed.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

It's the price we pay for quality healthcare and roads.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

It's the price we pay for quality healthcare and roads.

lol

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

I thought for sure this would be a tea bagger thread.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

In my country it seems the PS4 will cost R6299 which is roughly $641 I think

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Because Sony is counting on the gray market to move the majority of its PS4s on the country. That way, they don't have to provide any official support of any kind for you, as you didn't "legally" buy it from an authorized store.

And also because they like their extra profit, and they know people will pay for it. Remember when the PS3 came out in Brazil and it was costing around R$ 7000? Sony does too, so they know people will pay and they will make a profit either way.

And yeah, those taxes were put in place when Nintendo had a deal with Gradiente to make the SNES, N64 etc in Brazil, and thus were free of those taxes since the consoles were deemed "national" products, which also raised the taxes for "foreign" consoles in order to give Nintendo a bigger room to expand and charge slightly higher prices than normal. That retarded protectionist measure was not revoked when the deal between Nintendo and Gradiente expired, because the government was still raking in a huge amount of money, so they let it stay there.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

With taxes like that Brazil must be a glittering metropolis with no one living in poverty and world class health care, roads and education :)

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

With taxes like that Brazil must be a glittering metropolis with no one living in poverty and world class health care, roads and education :)

Yes because the only difference between the US and Brazil is the tax rate.

Though for what its worth, I'd rather get sick in Brazil than the US.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Huh. Anyone up for smuggling some PS4s into Brazil? Sell a thousand for $1,000 each and get a $600,000 profit.

Just kidding, NSA.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

And yeah, those taxes were put in place when Nintendo had a deal with Gradiente to make the SNES, N64 etc in Brazil, and thus were free of those taxes since the consoles were deemed "national" products, which also raised the taxes for "foreign" consoles in order to give Nintendo a bigger room to expand and charge slightly higher prices than normal. That retarded protectionist measure was not revoked when the deal between Nintendo and Gradiente expired, because the government was still raking in a huge amount of money, so they let it stay there.

Once the tax goes up, they'll keep it up there.

Just kidding, NSA.

Huh. Anyone up for smuggling some PS4s into Brazil? Sell a thousand for $1,000 each and get a $600,000 profit.

Just kidding, NSA.

I'm in if you have a sound plan. How do you plan on getting the PS4s through security?

Just kidding, NSA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users