Photo

Upgrade your car beyond a full bar - Video testing Proof

20 replies to this topic
EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

I tested this out after seeing some murmurs on the forums about this yesterday.

Final results: When a bar has been "maxed" out, it can still be upgraded, but it won't be visually shown at Los Santos.

If this has been done before, I haven't really seen it around. I know as of yesterday there was a discussion, so I decided to go ahead and do this.

I have more testing videos coming soon regarding exact testing/comparisons of simultaneous accelerations/speeds/turns of all the super/hyper cars at once over the next couple days.

The 9F is still my favorite car. Cheetah is, IMO, the "best" car and combination of spd/acce/handling/braking. Yours?

• shutdown30 likes this

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by Wherewolf, 18 October 2013 - 12:57 AM.

[redacted]

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

The 9F is still my favorite car. Cheetah is, IMO, the "best" car and combination of spd/acce/handling/braking. Yours?

7264cb29-29d0-42cd-998a-c330af773df9_zps

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

My Entity looks almost the exact same. Mine is a little darker burgundy, I love it. Candy Red with a Black/Blue Pearlescent. It's fantastic.

....Is that a spoiler on yours? ><

Glockodile
  • Glockodile

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

do you think the body kit changes do anything to the car in terms of speed, handling?. I swear the car feels different but I can't really afford to test it out.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Infernus. I feel like so many people overlook it because it's not new, but it feels better than any other car to me.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Common sense that the actual numeric value can increase beyond what the GUI can display.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

My Entity looks almost the exact same. Mine is a little darker burgundy, I love it. Candy Red with a Black/Blue Pearlescent. It's fantastic.

Yeah... too much?

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by EVOAccura, 18 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

do you think the body kit changes do anything to the car in terms of speed, handling?. I swear the car feels different but I can't really afford to test it out.

I'm almost certain it's just cosmetic, as far as Spoilers, etc. I haven't tested those out specifically, and any changes would likely be overwhelmed by minute/tiny differences in pressing the accelerator first or 2nd.

For the Roll cages, they're mainly for repelling damage. A Roll cage/chassis upgrade will drive better with punishment.

I'll test it out later, but I'll only post if I find something, I suppose.

Common sense that the actual numeric value can increase beyond what the GUI can display.

For those of us coming from UT, the mode has a hard cap of 100/max displayed. Any upgrade past 100 renders it still capped at 100. I usually like to quantify stuff when there are questions. I was curious if this was the same, and I do stuff like this to prove things one way or the other.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

Yeah... too much?

Some people like spoilers. The Entity has a "Big, Giant Bullet" feel to it, to me at least. Putting a spoiler on a bullet seems kinda iffy. 

Some cars need it though. I put the Wing on my Comet, love it. The Entity is decent with it, but cars like the 9F/Bugatti with a spoiler looks terrible, imo. 

Jeremiah239
  • Jeremiah239

OMFG

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by Jeremiah239, 18 October 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Thanks for this my friends and I thought we wasted thousands of dollars, I will pass this along!

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for this my friends and I thought we wasted thousands of dollars, I will pass this along!

I thought the same, to be honest. Glad to see that it's not a cap. Any requests for cars to include in the big test/races besides the Cheetah/Entity/Adder?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

comet please

My favourite car easily.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

glad someone finally did this

tittypop
  • tittypop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

I tested this out after seeing some murmurs on the forums about this yesterday.

Final results: When a bar has been "maxed" out, it can still be upgraded, but it won't be visually shown at Los Santos.

If this has been done before, I haven't really seen it around. I know as of yesterday there was a discussion, so I decided to go ahead and do this.

I have more testing videos coming soon regarding exact testing/comparisons of simultaneous accelerations/speeds/turns of all the super/hyper cars at once over the next couple days.

cheetah is actually one of the worst. the carbonizzare is the best accelerating/speed but it likes to spin out because its so powerful, the adder is a bit faster but doesnt accel as fast, and the rapid gt is a bit slower but accels faster.

the entity has the best grip coefficients though as well as being pretty balanced (not quite as good) but its awd as well.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

I'm trying to get video proof comparing everything directly. I dislike vague things that you can't prove, I like to do things empirically. I'd like to test on turns, too. Soon...

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:53 AM Edited by whitebic, 18 October 2013 - 06:53 AM.

cool video, I hate EVO's but love my Acura :)

Acura TL 3G = sex

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Acura's are pretty sweet cars.

Tested out all the major cars. Carbonizzare indeed seems to be the best one of straight, pure acceleration. Cheetah seemed to turn/grip the best. Video coming in a day or two,

LarryElite
  • LarryElite

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

If you take your custom car into a race, on the car selection screen you will see the actual bar sizes. They are double what are shown in the LSC. So even if the bar is full when you are modding, there is actually still a tonne of room for improvement.

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Yay I think this is thanks to me :D I posted questions about it yesterday. Thanks for testing it out!

Jayohhvee
  • Jayohhvee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

great vid, entity rocks 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users