Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why did we have to do soo much sh*t for the corrupt FIB?

41 replies to this topic
AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

Because Dan Houser cannot write for sh*t but he's too arrogant to step outta the way and let real writers take the helm yo. R* San Diego should take it from here

• saintsrow likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:47 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 21 October 2013 - 06:57 AM.

I totally agree, Steve Haines and Devin Weston are the lamest antagonists in the history of the series(with the possible exception of Martinez). Tenpenny would take a piss on Steve Haines.

• Official General likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Because Dan Houser cannot write for sh*t but he's too arrogant to step outta the way and let real writers take the helm yo. R* San Diego should take it from here

Yer  because R* San Diago are Writers are they?  :sarcasm:  and Dan houser is a great writer his subject matter can get a bit Repetitive sure but that does not make him a bad writer. and i would love to know who  these Real Writers are who you speak of.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Dan Houser wrote RDR as well in case you were wondering.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

I totally agree, Steve Haines and Devin Weston are the lamest antagonists in the history of the series(with the possible exception of Martinez). Tenpenny would take a piss on Steve Haines.

Straight up, I agree  :^:

Officers Tennpenny and Pulaski from San Andreas would sh*t a ton of bricks all over those guys. The corrupt cop antagonists in GTA V were just weak in every way, poor script and poor characters. And certain people on here get mad and upset when people still insist that SA is still better than V, lol it's not hard to see why. 

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 21 October 2013 - 11:02 PM.

He wrote RDR? Excuse the f*ck outta me but he ripped that sh*t off from every american western ever made. You do watch the western channel, rrrRight? He didn't just pull that stuff outta his genius brain. He isn't that smarty. I promise. And I stand by what I say: Dan Houser cannot write for sh*t. I can write better than he and I'm not even a writer. Know wut I mean, Hoss?

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

He wrote RDR? Excuse the f*ck outta me but he ripped that sh*t off from every american western ever made. You do watch the western channel, rrrRight? He didn't just pull that stuff outta his genius brain. He isn't that smarty. I promise. And I stand by what I say: Dan Houser cannot write for sh*t. I can write better than he and I'm not even a writer. Know wut I mean, Hoss?

How about showing us some of your writing skills before going around saying your better than Dan Houser.

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

There's a lot of rip off in GTA V also from different movies. Sure, it's tough to come up with original stuff cause crime movies are everywhere but some rip offs are pretty obvious:

• AtomicPunk likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yeah I thought it was a bit excessive. Compared to the previous GTAs the GTA V antagonists are sh*t.

All I had on my mind in GTA IV was to end Dimitri's existence. There was never a feeling like that in GTA V for me. On my first save I was unsure of who the antagonist (s) were.

Haines and Weston just never had that "edge" about them IMO.
  • Official General and ManiacMatt1782 like this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

How about showing us some of your writing skills before going around saying your better than Dan Houser.

I simply don't have the time right now, and what exactly would the reward be for my talented, hard work? Just to prove to you that I know what I'm talking about? No. R* need to bring in some writers. Dan can still act like head consultant and all that, but bring in some original ideas. Look at TellTales Games and The Walking Dead; Incredible story telling. Probably the best ever seen in a video game. The same with TLOU. Say what you will about that game but it has incredible writing/dialogue. GTA needs that level of story telling seeings how it is the biggest selling game of all time. It should have quality writing......but it doesn't. That story....meh. No reason for vengence. No reason for anything, really, other than everybody lining their pockets with not much to spend it on. This game was supposed to be about the almighty dollar, yet, we can't buy hiouses or much of anything else. I think it's very thin; the story, the features. The FIB is too involved. Where's the mafia? The street gangs who're moving big amounts of coon? Ten Penny was a great character to work for and R* never achieved that level of antoganist until Dimitri. This time, it was very different to the point of ?.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Straight up, I agree  :^:

Officers Tennpenny and Pulaski from San Andreas would sh*t a ton of bricks all over those guys. The corrupt cop antagonists in GTA V were just weak in every way, poor script and poor characters. And certain people on here get mad and upset when people still insist that SA is still better than V, lol it's not hard to see why. 

You raise a TON of valid points of SA>V. I haven't finished my "errends" for them but now I'm seeing that in the way I hated the McCreary's taking up alot of IV's story, the FIB is doing it for V. Officers Pulaski and Tenpenny (best gta villan ever) shows the difference b/w the "eras".

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yeah I thought it was a bit excessive. Compared to the previous GTAs the GTA V antagonists are sh*t.

All I had on my mind in GTA IV was to end Dimitri's existence. There was never a feeling like that in GTA V for me. On my first save I was unsure of who the antagonist (s) were.

Haines and Weston just never had that "edge" about them IMO.

@ Miami

Dimitri was definitely one of the greatest GTA antagonists, if not the best. I grew to hate him so much, I just remember so badly wanting to kill that guy, what real treacherous, snake b*stard he was ! Rockstar definitely succeeded with him as far as I'm concerned, he was done brilliantly. Haines and Weston, are just like damp cloth, I had no real desire to kill them or get revenge on them, I just wanted their story to be over and done with, I just did not even care how.

@ fac316

To be fair, the McCreary's only took up a significant portion of the second half, not all of it, and the good thing was most of their story was tied in with the Mafia side of GTA IV's story. So it did not feel that the McCrearys were hogging the limelight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users