Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why did we have to do soo much sh*t for the corrupt FIB?

41 replies to this topic
gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

So as we know goverment corruptness has been featured in past GTA games (Mike Toreno in GTA San Andreas, that ray guy in GTA 3, ULC Paper from GTA IV) but I gotta wonder

why was it such a big part of GTA V ?

I mean Michael Trevor and Franklin were such badasses but still they kept running errands for that ugly steve haines dude for most of the second half of the sp? Why didnt they shut him up earlier?

It would have been better doing all 6 heists on our own(not just the last) and then maybe a few jobs for the FIB then a few jobs from other criminal organisations with payment of course

What do you think?

Hache0
  • Hache0

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Totally agree

SaintEd28
  • SaintEd28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

It was a part of Michael repaying back what Davey did for him, giving him a new life under the witness protection program. He was kind of forced into it basically or who knows what they would've done to his family... It's pretty similar to Red Dead Redemption's story. Franklin just tagged along for the dosh and experience and Trevor, well, likes to blow sh*t up!

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Why didn't John Marston just shoot the first government officer who came to tell him what to do? 

People don't always make the choice you want first. Michael wanted the FIB off of his back and that's why they kept doing jobs for them. Trevor and Franklin just tagged along for those jobs. Trevor hoped they'd spring Brad and Franklin just knew that there was no way around it. However, when the FIB asked

Spoiler
they crossed a line. That's why they fight back in the end. 

• AndrewDeSanta and JustOneMonth like this

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:15 PM Edited by gtarules_95, 17 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

^ you made a good point there dude ! but still dont you think it was a bit too much corrupt goverment work in the game?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

^ you made a good point there dude ! but still dont you think it was a bit too much corrupt goverment work in the game?

Maybe they tried to bring up discussion about real life corruption? I mean, the police in the modern day USA, according to what I've seen around in the internet, isn't as legit as it should be. Having something like that in a video game, especially one which usually brings out a lot of talk, though in bad situations like during different shootings, but it might've been Rockstar's little wish, that it would happen. Could it be?

Poedersuiker
  • Poedersuiker

Funny Yokel

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

When I first played V I loved the vibe untill after the juwelry store heist, when the whole FIB thing started. IWt kinda killed the whole vibe. I rather did all the heists with the protags and not for the FIB. Imo its pretty much a wasted potential.

Wouldnt minded a few missions for them, but didnt expect they wasted 3 heists..

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

^ yeah me neither I thought it would be like a few missions like in previous GTA's

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

bump

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I think thats the only thing that disappoints me in a BIG WAY in GTA V... the fact that most heists were forced upon us by the FIB. I thought that most of the heists would be done because the protagonists wanted to do them... guess i was wrong.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I agree, i wanted to kill all 3 agency guys after the 1st 10 minutes of seeing them. and devon westin is a special case I would've smiled through a torture scene involving him and Trevor.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Davey hints at it in your first meeting with him at the observatory. They can both ruin each other's lives with the information they both have, so it's either help each other or have both of your lives destroyed, and Michael has a family to look after.

• jatiger13 likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

I was very disappointed that literally the few side characters that actually gave more than a couple of missions happened to be the dull, boring corrupt feds. I honestly stopped caring about the story once they became heavily involved. Didn't we have enough of that "working for the government" stuff in GTA IV and RDR?

I would've been glad to exchange most of the fed jobs for, say, missions for Madrazo. I can't believe he was literally the only big-time crime boss you actually work for in the entire game.

• saintsrow likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by biggsull, 19 October 2013 - 10:45 PM.

So as we know goverment corruptness has been featured in past GTA games (Mike Toreno in GTA San Andreas, that ray guy in GTA 3, ULC Paper from GTA IV) but I gotta wonder

I mean Michael Trevor and Franklin were such badasses but still they kept running errands for that ugly steve haines dude for most of the second half of the sp? Why didnt they shut him up earlier?

It would have been better doing all 6 heists on our own(not just the last) and then maybe a few jobs for the FIB then a few jobs from other criminal organisations with payment of course

What do you think?

This and that heist mission where you

Spoiler
what a load of BS

That really made me mad, all that for nothing.. just for a cool mission.. Im fine with that if the story actually made sense.

If trevor would do some of the things he did to

Spoiler
and sh*t, hed have no problem offing the cop and the FBI dick, same way
Spoiler

FBI dick is corrupt, no one even knows those meetings were happening.

Lolphin
  • Lolphin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

I didn't like the fact we had to do so much work for them, I know it's part of the story but I prefer the more criminal side.. Dealing with criminal organisations, gangs, moving up in the ranks like Vice city, felt like GTA V had none of that.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by Official General, 19 October 2013 - 11:59 PM.

What do you think?

I have been saying this all along since I first completed this game. I really disliked that part of the main storyline. I found it so long and drawn-out, it just all felt so boring after a while. I thought after a handful of missions that would be it, but to my utter dismay, the whole corrupt cop/FIB section continued for most of the second half of the main storyline. This nearly ruined my interest in the story. The only thing that saved it was the tension between Michael and Trevor, that won my interest in the story back. 

I was under the impression that most of our heists would be purely about robbing places for cash, jewels and gold not doing the dirty work of corrupt law enforcement officials like f**king lapdogs. THREE of the SIX heists were to do with those stupid cop/FIB guys. Rockstar really could have written the storyline to V much better.

I'd much rather had seen more ghetto action from Franklin and Lamar and more conflict with Michael and Martin Madrazo, the Mexican drug cartel boss. Not that boring, cop/fed bullsh*t. If we had be been given continuous side missions for Franklin to do like gang wars, drug-dealing and hood stuff, I'd have been happy with that, maybe not have voiced my criticism of the cop/fed angle so much. 

comedyguru
  • comedyguru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

its a game dude shiy happens dont take it serious,  dosent matter

bsnooch
  • bsnooch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

I have to say that this part of the story arc was probably the best in my opinion, but I can totally understand why others didn't like/get it.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by streetx1xracer, 20 October 2013 - 07:46 AM.

What do you think?

I have been saying this all along since I first completed this game. I really disliked that part of the main storyline. I found it so long and drawn-out, it just all felt so boring after a while. I thought after a handful of missions that would be it, but to my utter dismay, the whole corrupt cop/FIB section continued for most of the second half of the main storyline. This nearly ruined my interest in the story. The only thing that saved it was the tension between Michael and Trevor, that won my interest in the story back. 

I was under the impression that most of our heists would be purely about robbing places for cash, jewels and gold not doing the dirty work of corrupt law enforcement officials like f**king lapdogs. THREE of the SIX heists were to do with those stupid cop/FIB guys. Rockstar really could have written the storyline to V much better.

I'd much rather had seen more ghetto action from Franklin and Lamar and more conflict with Michael and Martin Madrazo, the Mexican drug cartel boss. Not that boring, cop/fed bullsh*t. If we had be been given continuous side missions for Franklin to do like gang wars, drug-dealing and hood stuff, I'd have been happy with that, maybe not have voiced my criticism of the cop/fed angle so much.
Jesus Christ, go play gtasa. All I see is you complaining and whining about the ghetto not being too ghetto enough.

But atleast you put effort into your posts unlike many people on here. So thank you.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I was very disappointed that literally the few side characters that actually gave more than a couple of missions happened to be the dull, boring corrupt feds. I honestly stopped caring about the story once they became heavily involved. Didn't we have enough of that "working for the government" stuff in GTA IV and RDR?

Clearly, Bold New Direction . . . :sarcasm:

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I think Michael Trevor and
Franklin don't care who runs the show as long as they are PAID!
Honestly, the writer(s) do not give a damn about why's or but's over a game that has so much content cut down for any one to have left interest in the story.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by Official General, 20 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

What do you think?

Jesus Christ, go play gtasa. All I see is you complaining and whining about the ghetto not being too ghetto enough.

But atleast you put effort into your posts unlike many people on here. So thank you.

What's point of attacking me and complimenting me at the same time ? Such dumb actions coming from you. I'll post whatever I want, so you moaning at me will not change a thing, so no need to waste your energy telling me this again. 

And if you don't like my posts, you don't actually have to read them or pay any attention to them whatsoever it's quite simple really. Unless you wanna constructively challenge or criticize my views, please kindly just f**k off and talk with people who make comments that are to your interest and taste. 

Thank You  :cool:

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

I found it more refreshing than doing jobs for the Mafia.

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by ThinRedLine1981, 20 October 2013 - 02:02 PM.

I would've been glad to exchange most of the fed jobs for, say, missions for Madrazo. I can't believe he was literally the only big-time crime boss you actually work for in the entire game.

I didn't mind the FIB missions but they really blew the ball not touching the Mexican drug trade connection in Los Santos. It's probably the biggest crime source in North America, you have a location close to the Mexican border, and yet you barely touch arms trade to Mexico and there is no drug trafficking to America. Fail.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

I didn't mind the FIB missions but they really blew the ball not touching the Mexican drug trade connection in Los Santos. It's probably the biggest crime source in North America, you have a location close to the Mexican border, and yet you barely touch arms trade to Mexico and there is no drug trafficking to America. Fail.

Yep, I agree with this.

I was very happy when I did that first mission involving Martin Madrazo, with Michael and Franklin. I was so excited to see Mexican Cartels in the game. Sadly it was short-lived, as Martin Madrazo played a very minor role in the game, and even then, there was no missions to do with him that involved the drug trade. What we got instead was some bullsh*t corrupt cop/federal agent plot. 

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

You are pulling down heaven and raising up a whore!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

This is like saying why in the past GTAs did we do so much work for the Mafias, Gangs, Families, etc, and no work for our selves?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:51 AM Edited by Official General, 21 October 2013 - 01:52 AM.

This is like saying why in the past GTAs did we do so much work for the Mafias, Gangs, Families, etc, and no work for our selves?

Well you did work for yourself in the past GTAs you idiot. 

If you ever played Vice City and San Andreas, then you know that you end up working for yourself. In these two GTA games, you actually end up becoming the boss and leader of your own gang, and you also have control over your own criminal and legitimate business empire. 

You mean to tell me you missed all that ?

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

It wouldn't have been so bad if they PAID FOR THE MISSIONS. What pissed me off was working for free! The long drought between thr vangelico and paleto heist. Being scammed by Devin f*cking West! Served him right that molly died like a bitch because he was too much of a cheapskate to pay at least 50 grand for each car we stole! Would pay any price to see a torture scene with him and trevor.
  • Loxley likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by Khaos89, 21 October 2013 - 02:28 AM.

Because Michael is a cowardly, traitor pussy. Any real man would have shot Devin straight away.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yeah, I really hate the fact that the majority of heist is for those government f*cks. Most of them you don't get paid sh*t! Also, Trevor's heist didn't amount to anything!

So, much work for nothing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users