Photo

Races

19 replies to this topic
Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

How come nobody plays fair? I have lost so many races because of how many times people have hit my back side of my car and spin off the track. It's impossible to play a good fair race with people because they think racing is bumping other cars off the road to win.
  • GTAIVman likes this

black and yellow
  • black and yellow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

its f*cking sh*t. 

in the first few seconds there's always a massive congestion where everyone crashes into each other.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

its f*cking sh*t. 

in the first few seconds there's always a massive congestion where everyone crashes into each other.

and if you crash from this then there's no way to recover even with catchup on...

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hit the brakes, let them crash, than pick them off.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

The same reason for almost everything that's sh*tty. Because human beings--most of them mindless, overaggressive males--suck big donkey asshole.

xterrorist
  • xterrorist

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

its f*cking sh*t. 

and if you crash from this then there's no way to recover even with catchup on...

You guys must suck at racing.

How come nobody plays fair? I have lost so many races because of how many times people have hit my back side of my car and spin off the track. It's impossible to play a good fair race with people because they think racing is bumping other cars off the road to win.

It is fair that is why you can do it.

Besides it is easy to keep control when someone hits you.

The problem is that you guys are bad at it and bitch here instead of learning.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

http://socialclub.ro...w/apex_stalkers

HowsItGoingM8
  • HowsItGoingM8

Chairman of Juank Air

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

i just had a guy in my race who fell way behind so he resorted to driving around all over the place trying to ram anyone heading in his direction

Belstead
  • Belstead

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

It's the nature of racing. Fuming about it is pointless.

It's easily avoidable on a lot of tracks at the start. Head for the barriers if any are there or just hold off RT for a bit and steer around them.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

The thing to do when people play bumper cars is this:
Avoid getting hit yourself and then win while they're all piled up a mile behind you.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

My real question would be what's the prevent people from modding their vehicle to the teeth while not changing the look of their vehicle? So many races have people who'll just have "Allow Custom Cars" set as active. Some races with a lot of cornering (where acceleration is key) could create major problems for those who just want a fair race.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

My real question would be what's the prevent people from modding their vehicle to the teeth while not changing the look of their vehicle? So many races have people who'll just have "Allow Custom Cars" set as active. Some races with a lot of cornering (where acceleration is key) could create major problems for those who just want a fair race.

That's when you find out that only the cosmetics of modding a car carry over to races.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

That's when you find out that only the cosmetics of modding a car carry over to races.

I actually did a test with someone. I have a modded Carbonizarre, and I tested against someone in a regular Carbonizarre. For whatever reason, I was going faster in the modded one, so I don't believe it's just the cosmetics that carry over. I'm only going by what I've experienced though.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

I actually did a test with someone. I have a modded Carbonizarre, and I tested against someone in a regular Carbonizarre. For whatever reason, I was going faster in the modded one, so I don't believe it's just the cosmetics that carry over. I'm only going by what I've experienced though.

My race times have not improved on average since I upgraded my Phoenix.

I personally find time to be a little more precise than "I seem to be going faster" or "This guy isn't going as fast as I am"

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

I personally find time to be a little more precise than "I seem to be going faster" or "This guy isn't going as fast as I am"

What race were you doing? It's mostly acceleration that changes over top speed. Criminal Records you'd likely be skidding enough in a faster car to slow you down.

It'd be nice to know though that it's just the cosmetics once and for all.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

What race were you doing? It's mostly acceleration that changes over top speed. Criminal Records you'd likely be skidding enough in a faster car to slow you down.

The only race I really notice the time on:  The Commute, I believe it's called.
It's pretty much all about acceleration and top speed.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Commute you can pretty much do at top speed almost the whole way through. Something with corners would be better to gauge in my opinion. Commute doesn't really provide that.

Top speed's going to be the same. Acceleration is what's going to make the difference. Our test was at the Dockyard. Lots of corners with places to allow some acceleration.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Commute you can pretty much do at top speed almost the whole way through. Something with corners would be better to gauge in my opinion. Commute doesn't really provide that.

Top speed's going to be the same. Acceleration is what's going to make the difference. Our test was at the Dockyard. Lots of corners with places to allow some acceleration.

There are three corners you can't take with top speed.  If my acceleration were any different, I would expect to see a change in finish times.
If your corners are too plentiful or sharp, then you're going to have a lot of driver-error based variations.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:36 AM Edited by silentunion, 18 October 2013 - 01:36 AM.

There are three corners you can't take with top speed.  If my acceleration were any different, I would expect to see a change in finish times.
If your corners are too plentiful or sharp, then you're going to have a lot of driver-error based variations.

I can only think of one corner where you actually have to slow down at. I've done the commute a million of times and have never had to slow down other than that one corner.

Could be the car type too.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by archiebunker, 18 October 2013 - 01:40 AM.

i just had a guy in my race who fell way behind so he resorted to driving around all over the place trying to ram anyone heading in his direction

f*ckfaces love doing this on the Down the Drain track, but going in the opposite race direction. Two days in a row now I got f*cked from 1st or 2nd place because people were doing this at the finish line.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users