Photo

Niko Bellic dead? (in game dialogue) mild spoilers

44 replies to this topic
carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

So I decided to recruit Packie for the Paleto Score heist. On the way there he tells everyone about the bank job in Liberty City....he then goes through the names of the people he did it with, when he gets to Niko he says "he's probably dead now".

Anyone else pick up on this?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Lol I seriously doubt Niko is dead. That dude had mad red army skills. I doubt anyone could have taken him down.

• Deadly Target and adictoGTA like this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

probably

demotay
  • demotay

WHOS YOUR DADDY?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Lester didn't say he's dead, he said he went silent, meaning he went on with his life

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

I didn't catch that but Lester makes a passing reference about him dissappearing too.

He probably is dead, either by suicide or the many people he pissed off in LC. Or maybe he just went back to Europe or is still living in America but in hiding. We'll probably never find out.

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Niko is too badass to be dead. :D he went quiet.
  • adictoGTA likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

No, Packie's just a cynic. He left LC abruptly and seems to have cut off all ties from there, so he really wouldn't know. 

Lester said Niko "went quiet" because at the end of the game (in both endings) it's implied that Niko is done working for the mob and other gangsters and has no interest in returning to that lifestyle.

Psycho_Yuri
  • Psycho_Yuri

For mother Russia!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

He is still alive probably. Only it probably will never return in GTA anymore because the voice actor didnt want to do it anymore. I taught it was something about $ but not sure

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

inb4 ShopToCustomer

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 17 October 2013 - 10:16 PM.

He is still alive probably. Only it probably will never return in GTA anymore because the voice actor didnt want to do it anymore. I taught it was something about $ but not sure

I think it had to do with him being oblivious to how successful the game would be, and wanted a higher pay afterwards.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

As some already said, he just went quiet.

Fit
  • Fit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by Fit, 18 October 2013 - 12:51 AM.

ixjj7.jpg

Yup. Someone probably killed this guy. Or more likely Roman just pushed him over the edge.

• android likes this

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

Jimmy have him as a friend on Lifeinvader, so I don't think so. :lol:

But it's likely he gave up on his crime life. But he could've just moved on with life or is dead. No one reallly knows what happened.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by HakatoX, 18 October 2013 - 12:58 AM.

From dialogue it seems that

Spoiler
is cannon.

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by TheWarzoneXL, 18 October 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Spoiler
is cannon.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Spoiler
is cannon.

Whaaat??? I needz proof!

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Spoiler
is cannon.

Not only is that not even how it goes down.. But Roman has a Lifeinvader page, as well as Roman's Taxi Cab service is still running according to Franklin's cousin who lives in Liberty City.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Packie doesn't know. Lester, however, does.

• Deadly Target likes this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 18 October 2013 - 01:14 AM.

Well, like I've said before

Spoiler
seems to be canon. From this dialogue.

Strange. that R* would nullify one of the endings to IV. imo It's not like either ending had an effect on V's storyline at all. Why do that just for this random encounter?

• adictoGTA likes this

SmellieR
  • SmellieR

Smelly

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by SmellieR, 18 October 2013 - 01:15 AM.

Niko is still alive. Lester even said Niko went silent (Niko moved on in his life)

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

I think it had to do with him being oblivious to how successful the game would be, and wanted a higher pay afterwards.

I vaguely recall someone on this forum saying it was a general statement he made about voice actors not having good contracts, so they don't get residuals or percentages, but instead are stuck with the original fixed price contract payment.  http://www.gamespot....nhapp-26408048/

Similarly, you may have seen recently that the woman who provided the voice of the highly popular iPhone Siri assistant, was not even aware that generic voice recordings she made for a computer voice company years earlier were sold and re-used for Siri.  Again, not even a notice to her, let alone any compensation.  http://mashable.com/...-susan-bennett/

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Spoiler
is cannon.

Not only is that not even how it goes down.. But Roman has a Lifeinvader page, as well as Roman's Taxi Cab service is still running according to Franklin's cousin who lives in Liberty City.

I get that. But Packie would have at least said something about it being deserved (Nikko dying)

Or at least I would think..... Irish aren't known for letting things go..... Just ask my wife....

I should look and see the last update to Roman's page.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 18 October 2013 - 01:56 AM.

I vaguely recall someone on this forum saying it was a general statement he made about voice actors not having good contracts, so they don't get residuals or percentages, but instead are stuck with the original fixed price contract payment.  http://www.gamespot....nhapp-26408048/

Similarly, you may have seen recently that the woman who provided the voice of the highly popular iPhone Siri assistant, was not even aware that generic voice recordings she made for a computer voice company years earlier were sold and re-used for Siri.  Again, not even a notice to her, let alone any compensation.  http://mashable.com/...-susan-bennett/

There's a lot of complications about royalties depending whether or not actors unions have made deals with the industry to cover various kinds of work. Michael Hollick (Niko) described it the interview that got turned into kind of a hit piece. Fact is, an actor who appears in a TV commercial (such as Ned Luke's (Michael) semi-famous Cheerios commercial) get royalties every time it airs. Even if an actor does no work for a commercial but footage of him or her gets used in it, the actor gets paid (even if they're dead). But, if a TV commercial for a game is made out of what an actor did in the game, that actor gets nothing for the TV commercial. It's obviously not consistent.

I think the effect of this controversy has been overstated. Rockstar doesn't bring back past characters very regularly anyway, so never seeing Niko again would not be unusual. It was only necessary for Niko to reappear in GTA IV's DLC/EFLC and then there was no need for new work from the actor because it's about seeing the same events from different angles. Niko's story reached its end it's left to the player to imagine what happened to him.

jarriix
  • jarriix

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by jarriix, 18 October 2013 - 01:56 AM.

Pretty sure he is still wanted. There's a wanted poster of him. Maybe it was him that locked Roman away in the ocean hatch.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

We'll never know. What do we know about previous protagonists? Nothing. 

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

Spoiler

Strange. that R* would nullify one of the endings to IV. imo It's not like either ending had an effect on V's storyline at all. Why do that just for this random encounter?

How? I'm pretty sure Packie being in V confirms the Deal ending is canon. Packie mentioned how he could never leave because someone needs to take care of Ma. If

Spoiler
than he would have to stay in Liberty City to look after her.

There's no point in saying: "Well it's possible she died sometime after IV." We don't know that though, you can't go using your assumptions as evidence.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:21 AM Edited by cp1dell, 18 October 2013 - 02:21 AM.

Spoiler

How? I'm pretty sure Packie being in V confirms the Deal ending is canon. Packie mentioned how he could never leave because someone needs to take care of Ma. If

Spoiler
than he would have to stay in Liberty City to look after her.

There's no point in saying: "Well it's possible she died sometime after IV." We don't know that though, you can't go using your assumptions as evidence.

And then people always bring up Roman's Cab Business still up and running. You know who also worked there? Malorie.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Niko Bellic isn't dead.

nikoV_zpsc2acb16f.jpg

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

No, Packie's just a cynic. He left LC abruptly and seems to have cut off all ties from there, so he really wouldn't know. 

Lester said Niko "went quiet" because at the end of the game (in both endings) it's implied that Niko is done working for the mob and other gangsters and has no interest in returning to that lifestyle.

Yep, pretty much spot on with this post. 

I like to think he died though.  I like to think the whole depressing tale of gta iv ended in just as depressing, misserable circumstances - maybe he cut his leg on a rusty nail, it got infected, turned to gangrene, he lost his leg, fell further into depression, got drunk on vodka, tried to light a gas cooker, fell asleep and gassed himself to death.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

I've heard about Roman's LifeInvader page but can never verify it's existence. Or is it just that he's listed on Niko's page? Unless we get some kind of proof that LiveInvader was started after the events of GTA IV that doesn't really prove anything and neither does the cab service remark. 

Why would Niko remove Roman from his page? Even dead there'd be no point in doing so. 

The cab service itself could have been bought out or taken over. Case in point: Disney did not change its name after Walt Disney died.

I prefer the Deal ending, so I'd like to think Niko took over the cab business with Malorie, which is why he went silent. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users