» «
Photo

Cliffside Rally Beta

15 replies to this topic
JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by JJagwire, 18 October 2013 - 05:43 AM.

This is my first mod ever, a very large and detailed map addition that I have been working on for months.

The map is incomplete and there are a few problems, for example I can't figure out how to do LOD's and the terrain has no water reflection while the objects and trees do.  

It's only been tested on 1.04 on a high end computer which held 60 fps with Schakusa styled ENB v3.0 (Medium spec- no depth of field and no sweetfx)

Cliffside Rally Download - http://www.gtainside...=54239&orderBy=

tS6ZSlH.jpg

A5nMN6F.jpg1ijSUWy.jpgbXW27Aj.jpg

• TJGM and SaL_Leone like this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Amazing!Great Job ! 

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by stilldre, 18 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Looks good. Did you created it from scratch?  :pp

You could use some variety in vegetation though and place procedural materials  :^:

Carrythxd
  • Carrythxd

Trick

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Damn.. This looks super sexy! :O Nice work! :D

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Looks good. Did you created it from scratch?  :pp

You could use some variety in vegetation though and place procedural materials  :^:

It started it out in cityscape as a square heightmap, so only the edges where created from scratch to make it into an island rather than floating square.  Although practically every inch of the terrain had to be edited to get smooth texture blending... and the roads all had to be recreated in max as well.

Thanks for the feedback! 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Although I'm not a big fan of rally racing, it looks hella good!

steel89ita
  • steel89ita

Map Designer

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

A really good map, I liked it!

Well done, it doesn't have bad geometries or invisible walls, and the materials are well blended!

It reminds me of the work I done with my Clockwork Mount map (that, shame, is on the same area of your map),

anyway, I'm hoping to see more works from you!

P.s: The terrain blending is good, did you paint the whole map without split the terrain in small parts?

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Downloaded, tested, approved !!!

Thanx for that dude ;)

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

A really good map, I liked it!

Well done, it doesn't have bad geometries or invisible walls, and the materials are well blended!

It reminds me of the work I done with my Clockwork Mount map (that, shame, is on the same area of your map),

anyway, I'm hoping to see more works from you!

P.s: The terrain blending is good, did you paint the whole map without split the terrain in small parts?

Thanks!  Here's how I did the texture blending.. 4 layer blended terrain shader,  grass, dirt, dirt 2, rock with alpha

1. Split terrain into 10,000 polygon or less sections, convert to editable polys.

2. In graphite modeling ribbon "selection" tab, select vertices by normal.. angle = 30 (?) degrees, Z axis, inverted.  

3. Set brush settings to something huge like 2000/2000 size and strength and paint all the selected verts layers 3 and 4 at once.

So I did 30 degrees for dirt 2 and rock, maybe 15 degrees for regular dirt, but I decided to do regular dirt by hand.

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Just tried this. LOVE IT! Will there be an updated version? =)

-Some trees don't have Collision.

-Some normal maps for the tunnel and bridges?

-Some trees are floating

-Maybe more houses and little towns? :D

Thanks for this great mod though! :D  :cookie:

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

Just tried this. LOVE IT! Will there be an updated version? =)

-Some trees don't have Collision.

-Some normal maps for the tunnel and bridges?

-Some trees are floating

-Maybe more houses and little towns? :D

Thanks for this great mod though! :D  :cookie:

Hey thanks for the feedback. Sadly I haven't made any progress because I'm already at the performance limit and still have no clue how to get working LOD's. Adding just one more factory building caused weird fps drops when I'm near it. And these are buildings that I optimized so they are very low poly. 

I think (hope) the problem is that the terrain just needs LOD's.  Right now there are a total of 5 different 4-layer blended terrain shaders being rendered at max distance.

IIZACHARIAHII
  • IIZACHARIAHII

The Unprofessional Professional :P

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:50 AM Edited by IIZACHARIAHII, 19 December 2013 - 11:02 AM.

I haven't tested it yet, but it looks amazing you should try and add procedural materials to the map though :D

photo.jpg

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

I haven't tested it yet, but it looks amazing you should try and add procedural materials to the map though :D

I actually started with procedurals but didn't like them.  I just find short range stuff popping up around you annoying, which is also why I made these extremely low poly trees so that literally everything on the map is rendered at max distance. 

But I definitely recognize the lack of vegetation..

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by JJagwire, 25 December 2013 - 06:13 AM.

I may end up discontinuing this and moving onto a baja style map replacement that I have a very solid plan for..  heres a quick test I did but made it way too small pa0itaz.jpg

IIZACHARIAHII
  • IIZACHARIAHII

The Unprofessional Professional :P

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

im guessing you use Cityscape 1.8 promo, on there you can create vegetation you can choose random plant size variation (10-20) some will be 10 some 14 some 19 ect..., and you can set random rotation.

its hard work exporting them from 3ds max without collision, but if you can do it, they will have maximum view distance even if you set your detail and view distance to 0 you can see the plants for miles with no pop ups.

It really makes a difference when it comes to adding detail.

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

im guessing you use Cityscape 1.8 promo, on there you can create vegetation you can choose random plant size variation (10-20) some will be 10 some 14 some 19 ect..., and you can set random rotation.

its hard work exporting them from 3ds max without collision, but if you can do it, they will have maximum view distance even if you set your detail and view distance to 0 you can see the plants for miles with no pop ups.

It really makes a difference when it comes to adding detail.

I used to use cityscape but doing everything including roads in 3ds max gives far better results.  This map can just barely handle the trees on it right now and they are about 50 polygons each.. I had to remove about 25% of them due to performance issues..the cityscape trees and plants are 500-1000 polys each if i remember right...

It's really easy to export things without collision btw, after exporting the models just delete everything that you don't want collisions for and then export collisions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users