» «
Photo

I really do wonder about todays kids.

201 replies to this topic
kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by kianokk, 18 October 2013 - 12:46 AM.

Meh, pointless ideology really. I'm sure the generations that came before yours would say the same thing about you.

Why?

Did they have GTA or any other significant online game or anything online at all?

Or did my parents lie to me.......

If you now tell me ELITE (another google kiddos!) was an online game I will be upset.

eurotech
  • eurotech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by eurotech, 18 October 2013 - 12:45 AM.

There is a reason there was a greatest generation, because they where the last of the real American's

You lost me at that point.

The same "real" Americans that slaughtered the native Americans and stole their land? The same "real" Americans that raped women and killed children? The same "real" Americans that used British technology to wipe millions of Native Americans out and play cruel games on them? 

American/Brit: Here are some lovely warm blankets for you and your family

Native American: We accept this gift and we welcome you to OUR home

.....Meanwhile, the lightly colored blankets were actually full of the puss from victims who were infected with small pox's. The women, men and children died slowly and painfully

The end. 

Actually I feel you have no clue as to what generation I was referring, since I assume you do not read books nor have any interest in History, other than what they "teach" in school, here is a wiki article http://en.wikipedia....test_Generation The greatest Generation was the generation that lived in and pulled us out of the Great depression, WW1 and WW2. Thank you for helping to prove my point as well as the point the OP was making. If you are wondering how I stand on the events you brought up, I feel like the strong won over the weak as it should be. If you think Europeans never lost their land in the same way you are sadly mistaken, again I would not expect you to know that.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

When i was a kid,we had NO colour TV,DVD's,CD's,iPads,PC's, or Mobile phones.Indeed not every house had a phone,you used to go next door and use theirs or use a Public Phone.The radio was one that ran using Valves and took about 20 seconds to warm up and come on.TV had 2 Channels and there was NO Daytime TV at all,it went off at midnight.The only games were Board Games(if you could afford them).

I never understood these rants. I wonder if Post-Reconstruction Era grandparents said things like this. "Well, when I was a kid, we didn't have fancy things like Penicillin or jet engines. We had to ride on horseback and if we were shot we had to have one of our limbs amputated! Damned youth!"

It's no doubt that technology nowadays spoiled the youth.if it weren't for apple and others settin the bar so high the youth would appreciate more.maybe.

U mad oldfag?

Listen to yourself...

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

U mad oldfag?

Listen to yourself...

+1

It's so boring now.

blackorwhite99
  • blackorwhite99

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

Forum full of idiots

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by Jameson312, 18 October 2013 - 01:08 AM.

I can only speak for America, but from what I've seen so far this upcoming generation are littered with pussies. They've got no heart, and probably practice going into the fetal position everyday before they leave their house.

What the hell happened that made everything offend everybody? No one knows the score anymore. Political correctness needs to die. The concept that people should count on society for everything needs to die with it.

Really, I guess I'm just talking about America in general these days. When the majority of Americans somehow approve of sacrificing their rights, then something is very wrong, and people need to die so we can take back our freedom.

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

The instant gratification thing is so true.I sometimes feel real sorry for some of todays young.I would hazard a guess that the majority wouldnt pick up a novel and read one if it was sat infront of them.I do know that most young people dont listen to Radio that isnt music.I love to liaten to a play or radio dramatisation of a book and use my imagination to visualise the story,thats the same with a novel.

HOWEVER.....................i have read Tolkeins Lord of The Rings about 20 times(i always find something new in it)NEVER in my wildest dreams,when i first read it,thought that they would make a film of it!When they did the first one(cartoontype)i was blown away,but then along came Mr Jackson and made his trilogy.It was EXACTLY as i imagined Middle Earth to be.So technologogical advancement isnt all bad.

(oh yeah,i havent a clue how to use a smart phone!)

i completely and utterly agree with the instant gratification thing, but that's just a product of a culture that tells you to take what you want, want what you take, surely? a competitive existence leads to ideologies like that of the 'youff' today (which by the way i'm part of, so remember to not brand us all by the same mark, of course). 

i guess what i'm trying to say is that, blaming the youth is the easy way, but it's a product of our environment as much as our own nature, so blaming the elderly makes as much sense as blaming the young, although of course the young have the ultimate choice. Along with our technology advancing faster than our ideology, i believe these are the issues at hand.

sometimes people have to learn the hard way, right?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

It's time to nap, grandpa.

Damn, sweet comment, brah! You really showed him!

Lester the molester!

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

There is a reason there was a greatest generation, because they where the last of the real American's

You lost me at that point.

The same "real" Americans that slaughtered the native Americans and stole their land? The same "real" Americans that raped women and killed children? The same "real" Americans that used British technology to wipe millions of Native Americans out and play cruel games on them? 

American/Brit: Here are some lovely warm blankets for you and your family

Native American: We accept this gift and we welcome you to OUR home

.....Meanwhile, the lightly colored blankets were actually full of the puss from victims who were infected with small pox's. The women, men and children died slowly and painfully

The end. 

Actually I feel you have no clue as to what generation I was referring, since I assume you do not read books nor have any interest in History, other than what they "teach" in school, here is a wiki article http://en.wikipedia....test_Generation The greatest Generation was the generation that lived in and pulled us out of the Great depression, WW1 and WW2. Thank you for helping to prove my point as well as the point the OP was making. If you are wondering how I stand on the events you brought up, I feel like the strong won over the weak as it should be. If you think Europeans never lost their land in the same way you are sadly mistaken, again I would not expect you to know that.

So I should kill anyone who is weaker than me? I'm stronger than every women I know, should I just go kill her? or maybe if it was back in the day I could of infected her with small pox -_-

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Not all the younger people are the same though, Just like not all old people are the same. Sure there is younger people who play the game only for unlocking things and not caring for the story, But There is people like me, almost 18, who are mature enough to handle them...

I personally dont get people my age, they really got messed up by the time we grew up

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by finn4life, 18 October 2013 - 01:35 AM.

So because you're a tool it's your parents fault!? I think the OP forgot to mention the lack of responsibility!!

I'm not a tool, but yes, if I was it is my parents fault and the rest of their generations fault to begin with, kids aren't really born with a personality, they are however, born with certain tendencies in certain directions.
But The first 4 years of their life is entirely controlled by their parents, every single thing that happens is to do with where the parents take them, or who the parents have take care of them. They are going to get their personality traits from these people plus heridatary factors, but those inhertiances are going to be from their parents/grandparents so unless the parents/grandparents had some kind of "issues" the kids theoretically won't have personality "issues either. 
After that the kids personality traits are still molded by their parents, but also by other kids, those kids all have personalities molded by their parents.

Everyone's personalities begins with their parents and how they are raised by them, so if you want to complain about kids today, blame the parents of today as well because in your mind they must being doing something wrong for these kids to turn out as "badly" as you claim. 
The only other possible explanation is that all the kids of the current generation have weird genetic mutations that cause them to be unsavoury to your tastes, I think that's unlikely so it comes back to how they are raised by the parents.

For the record, I see nothing wrong with kids of today, this is something people have been saying for generations.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:32 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 18 October 2013 - 01:33 AM.

Meh, pointless ideology really. I'm sure the generations that came before yours would say the same thing about you.

Quoted for truth.

Every person over the age of 15 or so feels the same exact way about everyone younger than them. "Gee whiz, when I was a kid we went outside and played our butts off getting exercise." , "The music I listened to when I was a teenager was tons better than the sh*t kids listen to these days!", "YOLO? SWAG? How about you shut the f*ck up you fag!", etc. etc. All kids are stupid all the time, and they do and think and enjoy and say stupid things. You only feel better about your childhood/teenagerhood because you were dumb enough to rationalize all the dumb things you did back then.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

I have a feeling that you all are up past your bed time.
  • GTA_stu likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

What because you're over the age of 25 we're suppose to feel sorry for you? I don't get it.

I'm 20 years old. I live my life. I go to work, I come home relax on video games, I go see my girlfriend, I try to be a nice person. Just because you didn't have a colour TV at my age means you're a better person? Sure people moan on video games. It's what people do. No one LIKES losing, some people just take losing, getting killed, or failing glitches more seriously than others.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

So? Times change, we weren't going to forever live in an age of low technological advancement.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

"When I was a kid, we had no stable home, no clean clothes, no chocolate, no candies, and no safety of walking out without the fear of being bombed at because of the War!"

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

When I was 10 there were seventy three of us living in a cardboard box, all I got for Christmas was a lousy bag of rocks. Every night for dinner we had a big 'ol chunk of dirt and if we were really good we didn't get dessert.
  • Jameson312 likes this

andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

It's the "real world hasn't hit them" syndrome that most teenagers suffer from regardless of generation. It's not so much that they are a product of the times but rather that they are the product of their age - immature, ignorant and careless! The most ironic and frankly amusing part of their ignorance is that they believe at the ripe age of 16 they know everything.....sigh!! However the digital age has allowed these pre-pubescent teens to interact online more freely and anonymously which ultimately makes their crass and decorum free behaviour more commonplace! It's unfortunate for the more mature gamers who love games and are looking to interact with other like minded players - League of Legends is a prime example of a community that has a terrible rep, which is largely attributed to kids! As I said they are a product of their age and anonymity allows them to be even bigger dickheads but eventually they will all grow up and they will experience the same thing!

I couldnt have said it better,Sir!I doff my Cap to you!

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

I look forward to the day when the elderly are rounded up, tied in a crippled, shuddering bundle and marched into the Thames to drown. 

They piss themselves on a daily basis and sh*t in plastic bags, you would have thought the experience would have taught them some humility. Instead we must continue to tolerate them and their adorable little entitlement complex.

The only consolation is how we treat pensioners less like humans than a breed of very stupid, very irritating dog. We shut them in their kennels, scratch their bellies once a week and f*ck off to somewhere that doesn't reek of faeces and dead dreams. Boston terriers! Pensioners are the Boston terrier of Western civilisation.

Have fun with the bedsores.

tigo132
  • tigo132

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Alright just close this topic already, this has clearly nothing to do with GTA. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Same sh*t over and over. An older generation always looks down on the newer, I've heard it all before... Get over it.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Alright just close this topic already, this has clearly nothing to do with GTA.

This is the off topic section... Also if you wanna get a topic locked, report it.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Its the Social Media Generation

They are complete dickheads, All they think about is Batman,tweetbook and listen to there garbage dubstep

They cant walk two steps with out looking at there sh*tty smart phones

They post about there sad daily activity's on the interweb and think people care

They are the reason games are so dumbed down now,BIG button icons appear on games even when its a simple thing as opening a door

Pea-brain kids of today

When I read this kind of comments I realize I am very different from other people of my age. I'm 14 and I don't care about IPhone, I don't listen to music all day and I have weird music style. I like hard rock, heavy metal and... 50s music. I don't like 60s music though. I don't have a cellphone, I never texted, I don't chat and I hate online games. I think I should've been born in the 80's so it would be the 90s now.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Jesus f*ck, it's the modern age, we don't really care if you had no PC's, Xbox's etc, no one cares mate!

That's one of the biggest problems with the world now-a-days, people don't care. Somebody could be having problems with their car out in a 110 degree weather, with no phone and the person could passout from heatstroke, nobody would give a sh*t.

Also..... please do flame me for asking this. But what does "OP" stand for??

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Its the Social Media Generation

They are complete dickheads, All they think about is Batman,tweetbook and listen to there garbage dubstep

They cant walk two steps with out looking at there sh*tty smart phones

They post about there sad daily activity's on the interweb and think people care

They are the reason games are so dumbed down now,BIG button icons appear on games even when its a simple thing as opening a door

Pea-brain kids of today

This is so untrue.

I am 13 years old and I barely use smart phones. I don't think of batman, I don't have twitter or facebook, I don't listen to dubstep.

My friends don't do this either, true some of them do have Facebook but they aren't those type of nerdy guys you speak of. 

As a 13 year old, my interests are mainly around writing, reading books, playing PC games, watching movies and listening to music. I like to listen to rock music, metal, 90's rap, 80's music, Michael Jackson etc. I like to watch pretty much any movie, some of my favorites would be The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, The Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, Inception, Terminator etc. I am not those kids who scream in their mic while playing Multi-player (I barely play MP)

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

I'm the cosmic gypsy, tipsy from plutonium whisky.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

I find it hilarious how it's the adults on this thread who are spewing mindless bullsh*t and appear borderline illiterate.

I think it's pretty depressing that a 50 year old veteran has nothing better to do than insult kids and cry about "The good old days" on an Internet forum.

Our generation is only a product of generations before, so you can blame it squarely on yourselves. 

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Same sh*t over and over. An older generation always looks down on the newer, I've heard it all before... Get over it.

Old people need to grow up.

bread
  • bread

Organic

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

This is sad, a grown, 50 year old man venting out his anger against the "youff of today" on the internet. Get lost pal. Seems like this guy is feeling envious because he's never had the chance to enjoy all the luxuries and items we "youff" have access to today when he was young. You had no TV, an actual working bathroom and computers. Big whoop, cry me a f*cking river. Just because you didn't have all of those plus more doesn't mean you go on an online forum and rant about how people have all those things and are spoiled just by having them. I have a multitude of high-tech, technological items, but I prioritize my academic and social life before all of these things because I'm smart enough to do so. You're just another one of those sour geezers who have the misconception that every teenager in this generation is spoiled and bratty.

I'm sure that within the next 40-50 years, all the young from our generation will be old geezers too, and they'll rant about how the next generation is spoiled and bratty as well. The cycle moves on, the assholes will thrive. That's how society works. Deal with it.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Do high schools not put on theater productions of "Bye Bye Birdie" anymore?

This whole "kids"!! thing goes back to the second generation of mankind...I'm pretty sure.

For those who don't know who Roger from American Dad is based on.  sh*t doesn't really start until the 1:00+ mark.  

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by TheBlackPeterParker., 19 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.

The majority of American children/teenagers DO act like this.

I'd say the minority, I'm not American therefore I can not talk for Americans but I doubt that it's the majority. From where I'm from it is not.

Where are you from? I'm speaking as part of the American "Millennial" generation.

England sir. :)

Huh. It might just be because we're better than you.

Just kidding.

;).

I'm not disrespectful in any means but I don't appreciate it when a person from an older generation tries to lecture me on how hard their life was quote on quote back in the day.. it does my head in..

Ok..so tell me how he's wrong.  Tell me more about how your life is in any way as hard as his growing up.  What's your biggest worry, losing your iPhone charger?

Um, becoming homeless again, my mom's drug addiction, not getting into a decent college/tuition prices going up, the economy completely collapsing before I have a chance to "grow up", the government completely f*cking us over, etc.

This generalization of this generation is stupid. I mean, the past was way better right? I mean, dropping insane amounts of acid in the 60's/70's was real productive right? I'll admit some of this generation are jackasses, and we've gotten "liberal" about some things, but isn't that the case all around history?

It's nothing new. If anything, blame the past generations for raising the new ones, not the kids themselves. The way my mom raised me was that if i did ANYTHING bad, she'd whoop my ass, and as much as i hated it/hate to admit it, it did have a positive effect, and it kept me out of trouble. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users