Photo

I really do wonder about todays kids.

201 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by finn4life, 17 October 2013 - 10:12 PM.

socially-awesome-kindergartener-meme-gen

not funny at all!!!

Honestly, that did make me laugh.

A couple things I've noticed about kids of today, mainly lack of reading, this bothers me, I recall going through school and most assignments most people would not read a book and would proudly trump around saying they never had. Good Job you uneducated f*ck!

But other than that I don't think there's really a problem with "kids of today". And if there is, it's not the kids fault, it's the generation of parents who raised them, and lemme thing, um by that I mean the OP and his bum buddies talking about the good ol' days.

Harvoification
  • Harvoification

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Older generations always think that generations after them are inferior; I'm sure your grandparents would've said the same things about you when you were a child. I do agree with you though, this generations core values are turned on their head. 

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Ivi the lil british battyboy is just mad cause we laugh at his gay dumbstep and how england get thrashed by france in every sport

Please explain where you got the phrase "battyboy" from?

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

socially-awesome-kindergartener-meme-gen

not funny at all!!!

Honestly, that did make me laugh.

A couple things I've noticed about kids of today, mainly lack of reading, this bothers me, I recall going through school and most assignments most people would not read a book and would proudly trump around saying they never had. Good Job you uneducated f*ck!

But other than that I don't think there's really a problem with "kids of today". And if there is, it's not the kids fault, it's the generation of parents who raised them, and lemme thing, um by that I mean the OP and his bum buddies talking about the good ol' days.

So because you're a tool it's your parents fault!? I think the OP forgot to mention the lack of responsibility!!

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Oh get off your high horses, you guys are embarrassing. Stop acting like there isn't morons and rude f*cks around the age of 30 and up. I'm only 21 but geez you all sound like a bunch of high school kids, its like seniors picking on freshmens all over again.

leeco
  • leeco

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

I agree with the op. Kids have it too good today and I wish I had half the sh*t when I was a kid what they have today.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

It's the "real world hasn't hit them" syndrome that most teenagers suffer from regardless of generation. It's not so much that they are a product of the times but rather that they are the product of their age - immature, ignorant and careless! The most ironic and frankly amusing part of their ignorance is that they believe at the ripe age of 16 they know everything.....sigh!! However the digital age has allowed these pre-pubescent teens to interact online more freely and anonymously which ultimately makes their crass and decorum free behaviour more commonplace! It's unfortunate for the more mature gamers who love games and are looking to interact with other like minded players - League of Legends is a prime example of a community that has a terrible rep, which is largely attributed to kids! As I said they are a product of their age and anonymity allows them to be even bigger dickheads but eventually they will all grow up and they will experience the same thing!

That's exactly right.  Back in the day when you disrespected someone, you had to do it to their face...not on their Facebook.

very true!

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by Googz, 17 October 2013 - 10:20 PM.

I agree with the op. Kids have it too good today and I wish I had half the sh*t when I was a kid what they have today.

For me it's not so much about what they have today and what maybe we didn't have as kids! It will always be that way, as we advance as a race our kids will have more and we want them to! That's not the issue! The issue is their lack of ability to debate and get their point across without using words like "yolo" and "swag" and being a illogical douche seems to be a fair response to everything!

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Oh get off your high horses, you guys are embarrassing. Stop acting like there isn't morons and rude f*cks around the age of 30 and up. I'm only 21 but geez you all sound like a bunch of high school kids, its like seniors picking on freshmens all over again.

Yeah, as if the 15 year old freshmen walking around with their iPhone 5's and wearing Abercrombie aren't picking on anyone...  /rollseyes

leeco
  • leeco

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

For me it's not so much about what they have today and what maybe we didn't have as kids! It will always be that way, as we advance as a race our kids will have more and we want them to! That's not the issue! The issue is their lack of ability to debate and get their point across without using words like "yolo" and "swag" and being a illogical douche seems to be a fair response to everything!

YOLO and SWAG do my head in on here and its most likely one guy with loads of accounts. MODS should ban them

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

And then there are the French.............

YOLO and SWAG do my head in on here and its most likely one guy with loads of accounts. MODS should ban them

+1

Yolo boy shold be banned!

tigo132
  • tigo132

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Can't imagine being a kid in today's world.

When I was 14 I loved my Acorn Electron (google it, kids!)..............

Cute, want a cookie for that?

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

i am 53 years old,i have seen the birth of the "Modern Technological Age" and its advancements for good and bad.I honestly dont think the "Youff" of today could even FUNCTION like i had to back in my Youth.

They couldn't...hardly any males these days know how to hunt, fish, plant a garden, or anything else to be self sufficient.  With no government teat to suck on, they'd wither up and die.

Also, this generation is the whiniest bunch of emo pu$$ies I've ever seen...these forums are proof enough.

As if that is their fault? Who set this world up for the "youths" eh? Maybe these "grandpas" should feel accomplished for the world these "youths" get to live in.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

i am 53 years old,i have seen the birth of the "Modern Technological Age" and its advancements for good and bad.I honestly dont think the "Youff" of today could even FUNCTION like i had to back in my Youth.

They couldn't...hardly any males these days know how to hunt, fish, plant a garden, or anything else to be self sufficient.  With no government teat to suck on, they'd wither up and die.

Also, this generation is the whiniest bunch of emo pu$$ies I've ever seen...these forums are proof enough.

As if that is their fault? Who set this world up for the "youths" eh? Maybe these "grandpas" should feel accomplished for the world these "youths" get to live in.

So it's not their fault?  They don't have to take any responsibility for the way they act?  I hope you don't have children...

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Responsible for their own actions and future rather than blaming other people?

Jengkins
  • Jengkins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Today's youth has no future at all. Look at the unemployed rate and their ability to smoke weed from the pocket money which they still receive from mommy. Scumbags for life. One day they will regret the 1000 of hours they spend for a silly game.

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Can't imagine being a kid in today's world.

When I was 14 I loved my Acorn Electron (google it, kids!)..............

Cute, want a cookie for that?

Yes please.

Want a dose of reality mixed with maturity?

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

So it's not their fault?  They don't have to take any responsibility for the way they act?  I hope you don't have children...

It's the fault of everyone in the world. Humans happen to be a very social species. As for my children, that's none of your business

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

I agree to a point. This generation really is about instant gratification, just look at how genres like fps's in general are turning nowadays. Funny thing is every generation has had something for the previous one to bitch and moan about. Years from now, this generation will bitch about the next one.

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's the fault of everyone in the world. Humans happen to be a very social species. As for my children, that's none of your business

I don't think anyone asked.

johndrury
  • johndrury

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ok so I have read enough on here to add my two cents.... And as I see it I am sick of labeling people in generational bullsh*t which everyone seems to do. Granted yes the younger kids are total tools, but the older generation isn't any better. I am smack bang in the middle of both the 50 year olds and the children and I am so sick of the bitching between the two.... And I am not just saying its just on here either. Its everything in general, I mean you have the "older generation" bitching about how the youth have it easy and back in my day.... Which to me makes you guys out to be jealous of them but then you have the younger kids saying swag yolo and bitching about life in general..... I just wish there was a happy medium where I didn't have to hear this bitching day in and day out. Just sick of ageism. Rant over.....

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Yeah, as if the 15 year old freshmen walking around with their iPhone 5's and wearing Abercrombie aren't picking on anyone...  /rollseyes

You just prove my point. You idiots are no different than 15 years old kid arguing about how others should live their lifes on a GTA forum, what a joke. If there was an annoying kid online thats unbearable then why don't you just use the mute feature? Its there for a reason, instead of acting like a bunch of self entitled assholes why not just mute and move on? Life lessons on GTA forum....just wow

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by HITMAN1342, 17 October 2013 - 10:48 PM.

I apologize kianokk, Tantrix was simply jealous of how much more successful my children are than his (future) children.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by Tantrix, 17 October 2013 - 10:43 PM.

You just prove my point. You idiots are no different than 15 years old kid arguing about how others should live their lifes on a GTA forum, what a joke. If there was an annoying kid online thats unbearable then why don't you just use the mute feature? Its there for a reason, instead of acting like a bunch of self entitled assholes why not just mute and move on? Life lessons on GTA forum....just wow

Right...so muting them just makes the problem non-existent.  Nice way to spin it.

I don't think you can read

He read it just fine...I didn't ask.

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Ok so I have read enough on here to add my two cents.... And as I see it I am sick of labeling people in generational bullsh*t which everyone seems to do. Granted yes the younger kids are total tools, but the older generation isn't any better. I am smack bang in the middle of both the 50 year olds and the children and I am so sick of the bitching between the two.... And I am not just saying its just on here either. Its everything in general, I mean you have the "older generation" bitching about how the youth have it easy and back in my day.... Which to me makes you guys out to be jealous of them but then you have the younger kids saying swag yolo and bitching about life in general..... I just wish there was a happy medium where I didn't have to hear this bitching day in and day out. Just sick of ageism. Rant over....

This is pretty spot on. It's a vicious circle

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Have you actually read the thread?

It's clearly not just about GTA.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

You kids today, with your Pokiemans, and your internet machines, and your Air Jordans!

Really, though, I blame the baby boomers for the decline of western civilization AND the degenerates on GTA Forums.

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Right...so muting them just makes the problem non-existent.  Nice way to spin it.

Then play with your friends or do you not have any? This is an age where kids play mature games, is not anything new. Or maybe play solo, yea? Should rockstar make you your very own server to play in with unicorns and barbies?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Some posts in here bring out the best in people... Or should I say, the worst?

If you're truly not lying and you /are/ 65 years old, then good, I understand your frustration.

I'm sick of dealing with immature kids sometimes, but oh well.

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

I don't think you can read

Where did anyone ask about your family?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users