Photo

I really do wonder about todays kids.

201 replies to this topic
andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

I really dont understand the "Youff" of today.They want to play a game and finish it in as fast a time as possible.They cry about not being able to use "glitches" and "cheats",when they do,they then moan about getting banned for doing it.They want as much money and cars etc as they can as fast as they can.They complain about getting shot and having their cars stolen when thats what the game is all about.They make posts on forums in some kind of Language that i have never even seen or heard of.

i am 53 years old,i have seen the birth of the "Modern Technological Age" and its advancements for good and bad.I honestly dont think the "Youff" of today could even FUNCTION like i had to back in my Youth.

When i was a kid,we had NO colour TV,DVD's,CD's,iPads,PC's, or Mobile phones.Indeed not every house had a phone,you used to go next door and use theirs or use a Public Phone.The radio was one that ran using Valves and took about 20 seconds to warm up and come on.TV had 2 Channels and there was NO Daytime TV at all,it went off at midnight.The only games were Board Games(if you could afford them).

Kids today dont know they are bloody Born!

(Old Phart rant over)

• Axe_Gaijin, Itsagimp and RAS_ZeroZ like this

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

It's time to nap, grandpa.

• Markhosdangerous, Target13Productions, ImBoss450 and 3 others like this

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Meh, pointless ideology really. I'm sure the generations that came before yours would say the same thing about you.

• wallpaper42 and Wherewolf like this

tigo132
  • tigo132

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

When i was a kid,

No, dont even start on that crap.

• F4L?, OG Sunny and Zenom like this

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

都真寿

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

53 years have passed, still can't write properly.

Just kidding.

I know you hate kids these days, I do too but why you had to create a thread about your childhood? It's kind of like off-topic.

andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Oh yeah,i forgot.........................RESPECT!

They dont have a clue what it REALLY means.Ok i AM old enough to be your Grandpa,but i tell you what you dont know.

I fought for My Country,willingly i gave up my 20's and 30's in the Service of My Country.But then all you would see of me if you met me,is a fat bearded old fart of 53.who is occaisionally Grumpy,but then you see,i do feel that i have EARNED the right to be a Grumpy Old Fart.I have Given to My Country the most precious thing i had.................my Youth and i would do it all over again!

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Your avatar really does not suit your personality grandpa

• wallpaper42 and Wherewolf like this

Lester Crest
  • Lester Crest

The Big One!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by Lester Crest, 17 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Damn, sweet comment, brah! You really showed him!

• ImBoss450 likes this

James Bond 007
  • James Bond 007

Secret Agent for the Mi6

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

True OP... I'm not as old as you but I think you're right. We are in the age of instant gratification..

• kianokk likes this

andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I do love the replies,i was really using this to make my comment on the negativity about GTAO that abounds on here.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

The only thing I don't like is when people post #YOLO and SWAG every comment.

It's ironic that people who use "YOLO" do absolutely nothing with their lives except post YOLO and SWAG all day.  :p

• Levano likes this

BzzdLghtyr
  • BzzdLghtyr

Team X Bladz Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

socially-awesome-kindergartener-meme-gen

• F4L? likes this

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Youth is wasted on the young, friend.

You can tell who is pretty immature (regardless of biological years) by their behavior though.

There are plenty of people older than me or the same who call people fa**ots etc on here. I'd die of embarrassment (even with anonymity) but that's my upbringing.

You just have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

chop chop
  • chop chop

Prankster

• BUSTED!

I do love the replies,i was really using this to make my comment on the negativity about GTAO that abounds on here.

be all that you can be get a messed up life and a ugly wife in the army reserve. I'm singing this as i am typing this by the way to. No disrespect I had to do it lol

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

OP is right. What's scarey is this game is 17+..

There sure are a TON of whiney brats who need everything now.

I am glad it's difficult to unlock stuff and penalty for being a troll.

I want to keep playing for months , and have unlocks to look forward to.

The whole time excuse is BS. I'm lucky to be able to play two hours in two days due to my two jobs and a wife.

But I don't want all unlocks now, I'd prefer how rockstar intended, gradual and steady unlocks for months and months.

This generation are so selfish needy brats it's disgusting and pathetic.

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

True OP... I'm not as old as you but I think you're right. We are in the age of instant gratification..

Bang on.

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

socially-awesome-kindergartener-meme-gen

not funny at all!!!

andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

The instant gratification thing is so true.I sometimes feel real sorry for some of todays young.I would hazard a guess that the majority wouldnt pick up a novel and read one if it was sat infront of them.I do know that most young people dont listen to Radio that isnt music.I love to liaten to a play or radio dramatisation of a book and use my imagination to visualise the story,thats the same with a novel.

HOWEVER.....................i have read Tolkeins Lord of The Rings about 20 times(i always find something new in it)NEVER in my wildest dreams,when i first read it,thought that they would make a film of it!When they did the first one(cartoontype)i was blown away,but then along came Mr Jackson and made his trilogy.It was EXACTLY as i imagined Middle Earth to be.So technologogical advancement isnt all bad.

(oh yeah,i havent a clue how to use a smart phone!)

• kianokk likes this

ALECOS
  • ALECOS

Greek BAYBEE

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

I really dont understand the "Youff" of today.They want to play a game and finish it in as fast a time as possible.They cry about not being able to use "glitches" and "cheats",when they do,they then moan about getting banned for doing it.They want as much money and cars etc as they can as fast as they can.They complain about getting shot and having their cars stolen when thats what the game is all about.They make posts on forums in some kind of Language that i have never even seen or heard of.

i am 53 years old,i have seen the birth of the "Modern Technological Age" and its advancements for good and bad.I honestly dont think the "Youff" of today could even FUNCTION like i had to back in my Youth.

When i was a kid,we had NO colour TV,DVD's,CD's,iPads,PC's, or Mobile phones.Indeed not every house had a phone,you used to go next door and use theirs or use a Public Phone.The radio was one that ran using Valves and took about 20 seconds to warm up and come on.TV had 2 Channels and there was NO Daytime TV at all,it went off at midnight.The only games were Board Games(if you could afford them).

Kids today dont know they are bloody Born!

(Old Phart rant over)

Honestly OP i am "technically youff " of today but i hate it, everyone is always on their phones and doing stuff with friends always involves half the time we even do anything or communicate just sit there and mess around with whatever new toy one of us got. Im 18 though so thank christ im not like those kid's online but if i behaved at all like some of these kids or became a swag fag i would of  gotten beat 

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Can't imagine being a kid in today's world.

When I was 14 I loved my Acorn Electron (google it, kids!)..............

Phopper
  • Phopper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

youts.jpg
  • archiebunker likes this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

this topic is true. If you take a look at some of the comments that have nothing to do with the relevance of the thread (You're old) then you see just how right the OP is.

Not to mention the guys who make video games these days are around his age which is funny considering there are no kids around the age of 18 or even 15 who make video games, they only play them and think they know how video games work.. Naive, foolish, cowardly and self loathing is what they are.

• SN95_Schpecter and Itsagimp like this

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

They couldn't...hardly any males these days know how to hunt, fish, plant a garden, or anything else to be self sufficient.  With no government teat to suck on, they'd wither up and die.

Also, this generation is the whiniest bunch of emo pu$$ies I've ever seen...these forums are proof enough.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

This may be completely random but what does this have to do with GTA Online.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

This may be completely random but what does this have to do with GTA Online.

Just pick a random thread and click on it...

hewentthatway666
  • hewentthatway666

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

EVERYBODY IS YOUNG REALLYYYY WOOOOOOOOOO 1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

I never understood these rants. I wonder if Post-Reconstruction Era grandparents said things like this. "Well, when I was a kid, we didn't have fancy things like Penicillin or jet engines. We had to ride on horseback and if we were shot we had to have one of our limbs amputated! Damned youth!"

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

U mad oldfag?

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Agree with OP. I'm not exactly old, I'm only 22 but I've made my way by working my ass off in this world. Got outta school, got my class A license. Best choice I ever made. I can't imagine not working for what I want/deserve. Todays kids are selfish and ungrateful. Gotta grow up, kiddies.

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

U mad oldfag?

Like this guy. Angry, probably 16. No respect. Might have a job at stop and shop. Maybe a honda civic with a fart can. Boss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users