Photo

GOTY awards are already won for GTA V

49 replies to this topic
DarkWarrior454
  • DarkWarrior454

The Ghost Rider

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

I think you need to change your account name before you post things like this.

You can't be taken seriously with such a biased name.

I really am very happy that you consider GTA V a master piece. But to be a master piece it would have to be nearly bug free and have a smooth launch and little to no complaints.

This game is riddled with bugs, the online was, is, and will continue to be a disaster. 

Definitely not GOTY material.

You're a joke dude, forget about bugs and smooth launch. I was able to play at day 2 - 2nd October gta online, it's not the worst launch ever and it has nothing to do with the award.

Also some bugs and glitches are fun, some annoying or some even awesome... That's why it can be fixed with patch.

I vote GTA V because it's the only game i play, umad?

Gameplay 9/10

Story 10/10

Character switching 10/10

Driving 8/10

Gta online 8/10

Graphics 10/10

Metascore 9.7 umad again?

Driving 9/10. Handling was Awesome. I went back to the Older GTA and Handling sucked.

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

I hope Walking Dead wins, it had such a great story

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Sorry, but GOTY goes to The Last Of Us. I'd even like to see TellTales Games get it for The Walking Dead because it deserves it. GTA V is not worthy. It just isn't that great. Ni innovation, and it can't win on graphics alone. GTA V is like a hot blonde; She may be Purdy, but goddamn she's f*ckin' stupid and dull as f*ck!

• Detained likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Sorry, but GOTY goes to The Last Of Us. I'd even like to see TellTales Games get it for The Walking Dead because it deserves it. GTA V is not worthy. It just isn't that great. Ni innovation, and it can't win on graphics alone. GTA V is like a hot blonde; She may be Purdy, but goddamn she's f*ckin' stupid and dull as f*ck!

no innovation? 3 protags? huge map? hhahahah what a joke... walking dead actually might deserve the title but f*ck tlou overrated game. anyway gta v obviously will win goty I dont know how people even doubt it..

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 18 October 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Then why are you in the GTA V section if you hate it so much?

Also, you're looking for a game with innovation, yet you pine over The Last of Us? What a joke, it's another linear third person shooter that brings nothing new to the table. The story is nothing special and has been covered countless times in books and movies with much better execution.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Why does GOTY matter to you all so much? I pick my own game of the year I won't let some biased game website make my opinion. Bioshock Infinite is my GOTY but will that affect you in anyway? Hopefully not. 

P.S TWD came out last year. 

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:36 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 18 October 2013 - 05:38 PM.

GTA V is GOTY for me, I don't care what anyone says.  I played the Last Of Us multiplayer religiously until this game came out.  I've seriously logged in Skyrim type hours on GTA Online so it is definitely GOTY for me.  

Even though the stealth is a joke in GTA, I have faith they'll fix it somehow because I'll keep bitching about the non-existant useless STEALTH.

f*cking R* fix the stealth.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Also, you're looking for a game with innovation, yet you pine over The Last of Us? What a joke, it's another linear third person shooter that brings nothing new to the table. The story is nothing special and has been covered countless times in books and movies with much better execution.

I don't "hate" GTA V. I'm just seriously disappointed and R* needs to read it, assuming that some of those turds come here. TLOU was an amazing game. You're in a small minority, but it's your opinion and it's ok. We can't all love the same thing. Just because it was covered in books and movies doesn't mean it cannot be made into a game. That's a very bad argument. You know better. The only thing keeping me from ripping on you is that you have George Carlin in your avatar and I love GC. Very smart man he was. and funny. But you....you........oh I can't say it while looking at George!!

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by marizzocos, 18 October 2013 - 09:30 PM.

I don't "hate" GTA V. I'm just seriously disappointed and R* needs to read it, assuming that some of those turds come here. TLOU was an amazing game. You're in a small minority, but it's your opinion and it's ok. We can't all love the same thing. Just because it was covered in books and movies doesn't mean it cannot be made into a game. That's a very bad argument. You know better. The only thing keeping me from ripping on you is that you have George Carlin in your avatar and I love GC. Very smart man he was. and funny. But you....you........oh I can't say it while looking at George!!
TLOU: Brings up a great story but has the same gameplay that every other zombie shooter...game lasts roughly for 10-15 hours... Online is the typical third person shooter online which gets old pretty quick.

GTA IV: Has a fairly decent story but comes with hundreds of new features and activities, great visuals included with the biggest map in the gta history making this game last for hundreds of hours without mentioning the new online mode which is working properly now

Yet you still praise Tlou and say V was a dissapointment.. Either you are smoking too much weed or gta was never your type of game

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Broke Guiness WORLD RECORDS, $1 billion in sales, PERFECT reviews (except for the 13 trolls in this forum lol)... This game will go down as Game Of The Decade, period. That's a fact.

• ten-a-penny and RockstarFanboy like this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 18 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Broke Guiness WORLD RECORDS, $1 billion in sales, PERFECT reviews (except for the 13 trolls in this forum lol)... This game will go down as Game Of The Decade, period. That's a fact.

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

GTA V VS Last Of Us VS Walking Dead VS Bioshock Infinite IMO.

Played them all, think they are great, Walking Dead is epic by the story itself and the choices you make through out the game, Bioshock mindf*cked me with it's wtf story, Last Of Us was just... amazing. GTA V? Epic and disappointment, I came this close  to actually love it to the fullest but it was just... it didn't seem like a GTA...

I am undecided between these 4 amazing games.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

GTA V VS Last Of Us VS Walking Dead VS Bioshock Infinite IMO.

Played them all, think they are great, Walking Dead is epic by the story itself and the choices you make through out the game, Bioshock mindf*cked me with it's wtf story, Last Of Us was just... amazing. GTA V? Epic and disappointment, I came this close  to actually love it to the fullest but it was just... it didn't seem like a GTA...

I am undecided between these 4 amazing games.

walking dead came out last year (and recieved a couple of rewards) so that one is out of the list :/

bayz101
  • bayz101

Certified

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'm a huge fan of GTA V, but The Last of Us had the best story of any game I've ever played, with a challenging multiplayer to boot. I believe The Last of Us deserves Game of the Year, and that GTA V will win it in most cases.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

TLOU: Brings up a great story but has the same gameplay that every other zombie shooter...game lasts roughly for 10-15 hours... Online is the typical third person shooter online which gets old pretty quick.

GTA IV: Has a fairly decent story but comes with hundreds of new features and activities, great visuals included with the biggest map in the gta history making this game last for hundreds of hours without mentioning the new online mode which is working properly now

Yet you still praise Tlou and say V was a dissapointment.. Either you are smoking too much weed or gta was never your type of game

I've been playing GTA before you were sucking on mommies teets. I know quality and TLOU has it. It has some of the best acting of any game other than TellTales The Walking Dead. Both those games deserve to win, but not GTA V. It's poorly written, poorly designed, too much missing, too many flaws, online is a laughable disaster, dumbed-down everything......GTA V missed. It was a ca$h grab, nothing more.

Now DLC with CJ will surely cash in. You don't notice the featureless quality drop between IV & V? I know quality. You fly-by-night COD fans were drawn in by R*. Too bad for us hardcore GTA gamers.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

I love GTA, but GTA V just doesnt disorve it. If you think about it, it really has a poor story and a lot of flaws. Imo The Last of Us really disorves it. It isn't an open world game but in my playtime it was just perfect.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

I know quality and TLOU has it. It has some of the best acting of any game other than TellTales The Walking Dead. 

Ok, but what do you like about the gameplay? How is it innovative or a step forward for third person action games?

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

I love GTA, but GTA V just doesnt disorve it. If you think about it, it really has a poor story and a lot of flaws. Imo The Last of Us really disorves it. It isn't an open world game but in my playtime it was just perfect.

How can you say that TLOU "deserves" it after reading this...

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Why isn't Beyond: Two Souls nominated for GOTY? That game is amazing.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Why isn't Beyond: Two Souls nominated for GOTY? That game is amazing.

Not nominated? I think it is nominated like GTA V and TLOU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users