» «
Photo

GOTY awards are already won for GTA V

49 replies to this topic
RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 17 October 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Soon, websites will start the GOTY award votes... but to be honest it's obvious that GTA V will win... I mean it's a freaking masterpiece, it's true and people who played know it's true, only thing that's keeping this game from being perfect are the online issues and some bugs/glitches... although Skyrim had much much more bugs than V and still won a bunch of GOTY awards and was considered pretty good...

To be honest I'm more curious in knowing which game websites won't have V as GOTY since most websites will... what do you think?

• ShinobiFixer likes this

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I think you need to change your account name before you post things like this.

You can't be taken seriously with such a biased name.

I really am very happy that you consider GTA V a master piece. But to be a master piece it would have to be nearly bug free and have a smooth launch and little to no complaints.

This game is riddled with bugs, the online was, is, and will continue to be a disaster. 

Definitely not GOTY material.

• the_kid311 likes this

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:52 PM Edited by Vatus, 17 October 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Soon, websites will start the GOTY award votes... but to be honest it's obvious that GTA V will win... I mean it's a freaking masterpiece, it's true and people who played know it's true, only thing that's keeping this game from being perfect are the online issues and some bugs/glitches... although Skyrim had much much more bugs than V and still won a bunch of GOTY awards and was considered pretty good...

To be honest I'm more curious in knowing which game websites won't have V as GOTY since most websites will... what do you think?

The Last of Us will certainly win some GOTY. It might win it over at IGN because of the story.

I'm more interested in seeing if Bioshock Infinite will get some rewards. Ppl were overrating when it came out, but ppl are underrating it now. Plus the story is top notch.

And Ni No Kuni should get some praise as well. Great RPG. Should win RPG of the year. Rayman Legends is great as well.

But overall, it's between TLOU and GTA 5 for most rewards I think.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

I agree it was a great game, but I think in order to really judge its success you have to take the good and the bad into account. The game continues to have bugs and glitches that were reported and known about on day one, so thats the deal, when they fix the game they get my vote.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by Vatus, 17 October 2013 - 07:57 PM.

I really am very happy that you consider GTA V a master piece. But to be a master piece it would have to be nearly bug free and have a smooth launch and little to no complaints.

This game is riddled with bugs, the online was, is, and will continue to be a disaster. 

Fallout 3 and Skyrim. FO3 won it in 2008 over GTA4 and MGS4, and FO3 had a quite a few bugs. More bugs than those two games.

Skyrim got a bunch of GOTY rewards in 2011 along with Portal 2, and Skyrim have a few bugs as well. People are still playing Skyrim as well. The PC version is too epic to let go despite the bugs.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

CVG already opened the voting for the 31st Golden Joystick Awards and the GOTY section looks tight and just by looking at the names, its gonna be a fierce competition...

GTA V got my vote, but its gonna be hard!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Actually, with the amount of hate Rockstar are getting from babies crying about online, and the hate from the Master Race about a lack of superior all time PC version, and the hate they're getting from Android users over the lack of iFruit app, etc, many people are choosing to vote elsewhere AWAY from Rockstar to teach them a lesson. And if we include GTAForums into that mix, then GTAV was a complete failure and Rockstar should burn for it!

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Fallout 3 and Skyrim. FO3 won it in 2008 over GTA4 and MGS4, and FO3 had a quite a few bugs. 

Skyrim got a bunch of GOTY rewards in 2011 along with Portal 2, and Skyrim have a few bugs as well. People are still playing Skyrim as well. The PC version is too epic to let go despite the bugs.

Skyrim = Amazing Story

FO:3   = Amazing Story

GTA V = Story started out great! but near the middle it just started getting lame.

Both Fallout and Skyrim  were pretty buggy, but nothing that I encountered was anything like why GTA V is dealing with.

Vrgadin
  • Vrgadin

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

i disagree. imo its not a masterpiece at all.  the waste of time that are 2/3 of the heists (no pay).

weak story.

yoga and other senseless activities.

cops with esp.

no freeroam madness.  cops alerted in the woods, at night, silenced weapon, back of the head.  gtfo with that trash.

only 3 heists.

im really just mainly annoyed that there is 0 fun to be had outside of the scripted stories, and that is soooo not traditional GTA

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Actually, with the amount of hate Rockstar are getting from babies crying about online, and the hate from the Master Race about a lack of superior all time PC version, and the hate they're getting from Android users over the lack of iFruit app, etc, many people are choosing to vote elsewhere AWAY from Rockstar to teach them a lesson. And if we include GTAForums into that mix, then GTAV was a complete failure and Rockstar should burn for it!

How's the view from atop that horse?

Yeah, the android thing was really lame, should have been a Web App first, then Mobile App later when they can release it for all mobile devices.

Online was and still is terrible. Repetitive missions, bunch of children screaming into their mics, cheaters/glitchers everywhere and greivers ensuring you cannot do what you want by camping you where ever you go. Good Times!

f*ck the PC argument, I couldn't care much less about that part of it.

It's not choosing to vote away from Rockstar to teach them a lesson, no lesson can be learned from atop a mountain of cash. I am voting for TLOU since the game was produced way better and the story was far better.

You really just sound butt hurt because people don't think that GTA V is as good as you think it is.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Skyrim = Amazing Story

GTA V = Story started out great! but near the middle it just started getting lame.

Both Fallout and Skyrim  were pretty buggy, but nothing that I encountered was anything like why GTA V is dealing with.

That's your opinion.

A couple of months after Skyrim came out, people were complaining about there is no real good story. Now more ppl are incline to say that Skyrim had a pretty good story. Though I think Skyrim does have one great story. The lore is amazing. And GTA 5 story is very good to me, but obviously not the best this year.

And NO WAY does GTA V single player have more bugs than Skyrim and Fallout when they came out IMO. PS3 version of Skyrim was really buggy. Google all the complaints about it. 360 version was less buggy. But despite all the bugs, it was still a great game. And they fixed the bugs pretty quickly.

GTA Online is the one with the annoying bugs. That wasn't even playable for the first couple of days. It's playble now, but there are still some bugs they need to work out.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

You really just sound butt hurt because people don't think that GTA V is as good as you think it is.

My friend, let's not get into an argument over this, I am simply pointing out, GTAV is a massive, massive game with a hell of a load of details and effects, ...and people are NOT voting for it for little reasons. I'm surprised we don't have a batch of people saying they're not going to vote for it because some trees were removed from the map. :p If you look at these forums, GTA NOW seems to have the most hated "fans" around, where as on general forums, people like the game. Sure they bring up things to complain about, mainly related to online, but on here, it's like 95% HATE for GTA and Rockstar right now over a few things. It's actually quite depressing to browse these forums now, thank f*ck there's other sections besides the GTAV section.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Skyrim = Amazing Story

That's your opinion.

A couple of months after Skyrim came out, people were complaining about there is no real good story. Now more ppl are incline to say that Skyrim had a pretty good story. Though I think Skyrim does have one great story. The lore is amazing. And GTA 5 story is very good to me, but obviously not the best this year.

And NO WAY does GTA V single player have more bugs than Skyrim and Fallout when they came out IMO. PS3 version of Skyrim was really buggy. Google all the complaints about it. 360 version was less buggy. But despite all the bugs, it was still a great game. And they fixed the bugs pretty quickly.

GTA Online is the one with the annoying bugs. That wasn't even playable for the first couple of days. It's playble now, but there are still some bugs they need to work out.

Even though Rockstar is trying ot market GTA:O as a separate entity, it is still all together GTA V.

With that said, my statement stands that GTA V is a buggy mess.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I dunno bout y'all but It has my vote, man. I don't let sh*t like bugs turn me away, they are not a game breaker for me. I love the game and I enjoyed it more than TLOU (even tho awesome game too) or any game I played this year.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by Vatus, 17 October 2013 - 08:16 PM.

My friend, let's not get into an argument over this, I am simply pointing out, GTAV is a massive, massive game with a hell of a load of details and effects, ...and people are NOT voting for it for little reasons. I'm surprised we don't have a batch of people saying they're not going to vote for it because some trees were removed from the map. :p If you look at these forums, GTA NOW seems to have the most hated "fans" around, where as on general forums, people like the game. Sure they bring up things to complain about, mainly related to online, but on here, it's like 95% HATE for GTA and Rockstar right now over a few things. It's actually quite depressing to browse these forums now, thank f*ck there's other sections besides the GTAV section.

It happens with every game I think. It happened with Bioshock Infinite. Ppl praised at first, then hated it. The Last of Us, ppl praised it and then started to nitpick on its AI. Now GTA V.

Overtime, I think ppl wil get a more clear view on the game. Right now ppl are complaining about GTA Online because of the bugs. Overtime it'll be fixed, so we'll see what happens.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

If you look at these forums, GTA NOW seems to have the most hated "fans" around, where as on general forums, people like the game. Sure they bring up things to complain about, mainly related to online, but on here, it's like 95% HATE for GTA and Rockstar right now over a few things. It's actually quite depressing to browse these forums now, thank f*ck there's other sections besides the GTAV section.

I know, right?
If you noticed, the original GTAF regulars during V's wait are no where to be found on here. Why? Because A: they are too busy playing the game. Or B: They're getting tired of seeing these trolling and whining topics on a daily basis so they just post in the general section.
The people you see now who are doing the most complaining are folks who joined post release.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by Vatus, 17 October 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Skyrim = Amazing Story

That's your opinion.

Even though Rockstar is trying ot market GTA:O as a separate entity, it is still all together GTA V.

With that said, my statement stands that GTA V is a buggy mess.

We would agree to disagree then espesically on the massive aspect of what R* is trying to do and the seperation of GTA 5 single player and GTA: O.

Besides, GTA: O is playble now and is very fun. Bugs and all. Very similar to Skyrim and FO3 were when they came out.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 17 October 2013 - 09:30 PM.

If you look at these forums, GTA NOW seems to have the most hated "fans" around, where as on general forums, people like the game. Sure they bring up things to complain about, mainly related to online, but on here, it's like 95% HATE for GTA and Rockstar right now over a few things. It's actually quite depressing to browse these forums now, thank f*ck there's other sections besides the GTAV section.

I know, right?
If you noticed, the original GTAF regulars during V's wait are no where to be found on here. Why? Because A: they are too busy playing the game. Or B: They're getting tired of seeing these trolling and whining topics on a daily basis so they just post in the general section.
The people you see now who are doing the most complaining are folks who joined post release.

This... That's how the generation of today works I guess... I remember when people played an epic game and even after playing through they would tell their friends how epic it was no matter how many bugs or dissapointments the game had...  Today people play an epic game like GTA V, enjoy it to the fullest, and a couple of weeks later they hate on the game for the sake of it... I remember when TLOU was released, everybody praising it saying it was the best game they ever played and now the official TLOU forum is even worse than this one...

Skyrim = Amazing Story

Have you even played both games or are you just joking? Because I played them both and V's bugs/glitches were a laughing matter compared to the ones in skyrim. The game was a buggy mess, even reviewers confirmed that

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

You have ZERO, absolutely ZERO, credibility when you post on here, because of your screen name, kid.

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

GTA 5 has only one competitor, that is the overrated, cliche ridden "The Last Of Us" Bioshock Infinite would've been a contender, if they stuck to what they had with the gameplay previews. But the gameplay was severely lacking. The Last of Us does not have a deep story, or deep gameplay, but it does have a ton of fanboys like GTA 5 so it'll be a bit close. 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

My friend, let's not get into an argument over this, I am simply pointing out, GTAV is a massive, massive game with a hell of a load of details and effects, ...and people are NOT voting for it for little reasons. I'm surprised we don't have a batch of people saying they're not going to vote for it because some trees were removed from the map.  :p If you look at these forums, GTA NOW seems to have the most hated "fans" around, where as on general forums, people like the game. Sure they bring up things to complain about, mainly related to online, but on here, it's like 95% HATE for GTA and Rockstar right now over a few things. It's actually quite depressing to browse these forums now, thank f*ck there's other sections besides the GTAV section.

This is the only place with so much hate trust me, I was browsing a national gaming website and everyone was saying how insane the game was and there was barely any hate... I guess kids and PC gamers have taken over these forums

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by ShopToCustomer, 17 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

u want some fried rice TS?

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

You're a joke dude, forget about bugs and smooth launch. I was able to play at day 2 - 2nd October gta online, it's not the worst launch ever and it has nothing to do with the award.

Also some bugs and glitches are fun, some annoying or some even awesome... That's why it can be fixed with patch.

I vote GTA V because it's the only game i play, umad?

Gameplay 9/10

Story 10/10

Character switching 10/10

Driving 8/10

Gta online 8/10

Graphics 10/10

Metascore 9.7 umad again?

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 17 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Yeah I just put this name because I like this game and since everyone who likes the game is a fanboy acording to this forum, I'd prefer to just create a acc with this name instead of people virtually shouting "COCKSTAR FANBOY STOP RIDING R* DICK"

Now to what you said... online a disaster? Online is fine now, just because it had some issues at the start, doesn't mean it's not GOTY... or else Skyrim woudn't have recieved one single GOTY award

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

I know, right?

That's true.  I should be totally immersed in GTAV.  But the story was short, and so I am back here on the Forum.  And the story was a patchwork of unrelated stuff that no way feels like 5 years of thought went into it.  Let alone the game design itself.  Seems like a new crew who maybe were interns when the previous GTA games were designed.  It seems like "just a game,"  not the masterpiece I expected.  I'm getting used to the cops, and I do appreciate that they are more tenacious and more intelligent than in the past, and I like that I can actually hide from them now.  So cops are good. 

But anyway, to your exact point, yes, the regulars who are loving the game have no reason to be back here on the forum.  I came for the complaints, and I stayed for the complaints.  :colgate:

jongameslap
  • jongameslap

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

We're certainly hoping Grand Theft Auto V will claim the award - only time will tell.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Even if it doesn't win GOTY it's ok, V already proved its point enough. Destroying the record books on sales and YouTube views. The game is already written down in history.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

It's not perfect but all the great things about it and there are plenty add up to GOTY material. I would not be mad if TLOU gets it though. I prefer open world games so GTA gets my vote over a more linear one but TLOU is certainly a masterpiece.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

It'll get a lot of votes that's for sure.

It doesn't really matter to me though, it's game of the year as far as I'm concerned.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Even if it doesn't win GOTY it's ok, V already proved its point enough. Destroying the record books on sales and YouTube views. The game is already written down in history.

That just proves we are all fanboys and idiots will buy anything. It is now COD. Just kidding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users