Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why is V not better than IV or San Andreas?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic
Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

V>SA>VC>III>IV

My opinion

• DeafMetal and Al3x_XXI like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by Osho, 24 June 2015 - 09:08 AM.

V Sucks!

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

For me personally it is IV>V>SA>VC>III

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Mine goes

GTA IV>VC>GTA V>GTA III>SA.

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Mine goes

GTA IV>VC>GTA V>GTA III>SA.

V>IV>SA>VC>III. But it could possibly be because I played IV for 5 years, but I know my way around that map like a champ, I still gotta use the map and waypoints in V. And SA has much better landscape variety, albeit the insane lack of detail compared to V. And honestly V feels a lot more fluid than IV in terms of combat and just overall gameplay, I like how it handles. Vice City's story I feel was a little overrated and Tommy was pretty cool though but not a supreme badass like everyone says he was. I would love for Miami to be redone, it would probably look beautiful on the PS4/Xbone.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by Official General, 08 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

For me it's :

1. Vice City

2. San Andreas

3. GTA IV+EFLC

4. GTA V

5. GTA III (I consider it to be a draw with V though)

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

GTA V was awesome. It impressed me on so many levels. But tbh, it gave me the same feeling that GTA IV gave me.

Behind all the amazing steps forward, I felt like there was something missing. It lacked the heart of GTA VC or SA. It was still amazing, just not the best.

• Official General likes this

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by Geeteeaifive, 08 January 2014 - 05:06 PM.

Gta iv had great car handling, EVEN if it wasn't realistic or enjoyable, and you crashed a lot, still, the damage model and physics had a nice feel to it. Gta v cars are more arcadeish, drive into a wall at max speed, your bumper falls, they fixed it by now probably, still. Now gta sa, it's going to be the best game of it's year, it's about as good as gta v, which i have not played yet, can't wait for it to get on pc.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:32 PM Edited by Zodape, 08 January 2014 - 05:34 PM.

V>III>SA>VC

Never played IV.

inb4 SonOfLiberty bans my ass.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

1. IV - Best story, detailed world, incredible atmosphere, and my favorite driving and gunplay.

2. V -  Huge world, best missions, best multiplayer.

3. SA - Best soundtrack, best world.

4. VC - Incredible soundtrack.

5. III - Best atmosphere.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

^^^

It was advertised from the jump that Franklin was an ambitious street hustler trying to escape the hood life. In his character trailer he explicitly states "I thought we was trying to get out of this bullsh*t". I think it's good it ties in well with the story, if he's trying to make some mad money, he isn't going to be f*cking around with petty gangbangers and doing sh*t in the hood.

I've written this before, but it's the same idea as TBoGT. Luis was no longer apart of the hood scene either, but he was still able to do drug wars with his old friends.

The same could have been done here with Franklin relunctantly helping Lamar out with repeatable gang side missions. It still would have fit the narrative.

The same could be done with Trevor and drug dealing and wars as he continues to expand Phillip Inc.

Thank you, great post  :^:

You and [pT] get and understand exactly what I meant about more stuff for Franklin in the game regarding the hood and gang stuff. 

@ TheDust

That " Franklin wanted to escape the gang and hood life " stuff holds no weight against my argument. It's not valid and it's so overused. And just because he wanted to make more money and get out of the hood, it does not mean he completely disconnected from his gang, the game did not show this, how many times does this have to be repeated ? Providing the option for Franklin to go back to the hood and get involved in some gang action would not detract from main idea behind his storyline of escaping the hood. Why is it impossible for him to go back there and get dragged back into some sh*t ? Come on, don't be stubbornly unreasonable. 

So are you happy that now the main storyline is over, there is nothing exciting or interesting for Franklin to do ?? Would you not rather have the option of side missions that involve going back to the hood to help Lamar and the rest of the Families fight the Ballas and other gangs in gang wars, do drive-bys, hijack their operations, recruit gang members to follow you around, or set up a rival drug-dealing operation on the streets ? Would that not be a mad amount of fun ? Or you are content with what we already got with Franklin just doing very lackluster property management missions that only pop once in a while, tennis, triathlon and yoga ?

I know what I would choose. 

Don't forget the spaceship parts, gotta looove finding spaceship parts :dozing:

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 08 January 2014 - 06:13 PM.

Games:

V > IV+Eps (without Eps, SA) > SA > VC > VCS > CTW >> III > LCS

Protags:

Tommy > Michael > Johnny = Trevor > Franklin > Tony > Luis = Huang > Niko = CJ > Claude > Vic

You may now close the thread, for I am right and everyone else is wrong. #swag

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

V is a better game than both of them, but IV and SA were also awesome games in their own right. The people bitching for the most part are whiny little kids who are just too hard to please.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

VC>V>IV>SA>III

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:52 PM Edited by I<3GTAV, 08 January 2014 - 10:52 PM.

V>IV>VC>SA>III

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

V>SA>IV>VC

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

This. Also: 69 x 3 = 207. 

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

Why did some of you on these boards switch positions so quick? You went from really loving the game, to saying it's a piece of sh*t over minor, trivial reasons.

My opinion is that the game is leaps and bounds over IV and SA and is what I expected the game to be. Didn't expect unrealistic things.

So someone explain to me why the game is not better than IV or SA in a nice critical way please.

In my personal opinion,

On GTA: 4
I think it's better than GTA 4 in almost every way except for destruction of cars and no pool mini game. The missions were too repetitive and too heavy scripted in the game. While the story strive on making money, there is nothing to show for it because there was nothing to spend your money on. R* concentrated on their new core engine, but miss out on the features that GTA SA had.

GTA: SA:
It's tougher. While the core gameplay improved just like GTA 4 did, and GTA 5 brought back the features of GTA: SA, they didn't bring all of them. Like the RPG mechanics of GTA 5 are less complex than the GTA: SA, and in GTA: SA they are more noticeable. Although in GTA Online, they RPG elements are more noticeable since they are harder to level up.

GTA 5 missions are more fun than GTA: SA, and some of the mini games like golf (the best mini game ever in GTA history imo) are better. It's also more fun to explore the world in GTA 5 due to the random events and the attentive to detail.

While the world GTA 5 is bigger, it doesn't feel bigger than GTA:SA. Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking tho. I haven't played the game in years. It's just that it had so much variety with the different cities, the country side, and desert. But one big feature that I miss in GTA: SA is Gang Wars. If GTA 5 had it, then that would blow GTA: SA out of the water.

It's also noticable that GTA 5 single player suffered for GTA Online. You can apartments, arm wrestle, tag your car, sell cars, police will chase after stolen cars, RPG elements are more noticable and harder to upgrade, more clothes to buy, more hairstyles, and etc. None of these features were in the single player, and that's disappointing.

GTA: SA had more missions about 100, but GTA 5 have way more side missions which goes up to 120 something missions.

Overall:

You have to expect this for a series that have many sequels like GTA. It's like Final Fantasy where the fans have their favorite FF regardless of the technical advances. It could because of nostaglia, story, or whatever. The little things that ppl like.

Hell, there are some people who prefer GTA 3 or GTA Vice City over GTA: SA, GTA: 4 and GTA: 5. I have no idea why. But its their favorite game. There are certain subjective topcis about the games that you cannot argue which one is better like: Setting, tone, characters, and story. Those are much more personal.

But you can argue: Missions to some extent, gameplay, graphics and features. These are objectives topics that you can cleary see the difference to.

And for the record, I think GTA 5 is pretty much equal or better than GTA: SA for the best GTA game. I still need some time for GTA 5 to sink in, but it might be the best. I love the missions, the soundtrack, the story is solid, and Trevor is my favorite GTA character of all time and is one of the best and unique video game characters in history.

I totally agree with all your points. But I would say that the main reason I preferred GTA: SA over GTA5 was how R* nerfed GTA5 to make GTAO more appealing, like you pointed out......wtf is the point of being a baller in GTA5 if I only get to own a 4 car garage per character, no additional properties, not being able to tag owned cars, I know SA didn't have this features but every other sandbox game I've played has the tagging feature now and the mechanic feature too like SR4 or even watch dogs. It's quite an incompetent move to have a humangus map, but then nerfing the feature of being able to access your  own vehicle in the middle of nowhere, in GTAO we can just call out for a military Heli wherever we are as well as our personal vehicle. I did like GTA:SA a lot more than GTA5, online was alright for first couple months then all the nerfing missions and money making schemes started in order to push their cash cards.........so yeah. I think if GTA: SA exactly how it is was re-released on next gen platform with the graphics improved I'd be ready to purchase an entire console to play it again.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:53 PM

Nice bump!

ArticularAlloy
  • ArticularAlloy

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

4>VC>SA>5 for me. I really like 5, but the others are just more personal to me. Whether it's remembering where you were in your life then or who you used to play with. As a 23 year old now I am obviously not going to have the same attachment. I'm really hoping the next GTA in the series is a Vice City version. I want the 80's music, lots of bikini's, crazy Haitians, the white Lambo, the beach, and the mansions. 

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

Because their subjective experiences of these games differ from ours in both very specific and nonspecific ways due to neural biochemistry and life experiences. Frankly, I like GTA V, so I don't give a f*ck what some other guy thinks of it.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

This is an old thread and it has been bumped but it can stay open providing the discussion is reasonable and civil. I say this because, in the past we have seen heated arguments over V versus SA opinion.

For me, SA was a marvellous journey, IV was a tense and gritty thriller and V is a superbly crafted world to explore. The story was way too short though.

coldlm
  • coldlm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:49 AM

GTA SA= quantity and quality (all around perfect)

GTA 4= The driving physics stands out

GTA 5= quality in terms of graphics and world details but nothing to do on single player

For me gta sa is the best simply because gta 5 had a 1000 person and 5  years  and spending over 250 mill developing it, (not really enough comparing it  to fallout series and  skyrim, plus the witcher 3 only 35 people worked on it and its 10 times bigger and have more details and more things to do and not to mention they spend less than 8 mill on it) , GTA 5 is good but not enough.

R*  dont care about any of their fans, they never listened to what we are asking.

• Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

GTA V is a huge mess of a game. The topics in this section itself have discussed in the past that show significant amount of flaws, be the countless list of things in game making no sense or criticisms towards the basic design and gameplay in general. One could write paragraphs to conclude just how much GTA V sucks compared to the masterpiece GTA SA.

Yeah V is probably the most beautiful open world in the series, but for everything else I would rather look at GTA SA and IV for my GTA needs. The gameplay in V feels so stale, literally the same AAA filler crap, boring mini-games, scripted random events, S&F and just boring activities' with no real sense of satisfaction.
V is good to look at but awful at actual designed gameplay.
Its only on the Online side, they seem to be heavily focused and interested in managing the online world with enormous variety and rewarding conditions for the players to enjoy. Basically, V could have really worked had there been a merge of both Online content and SP than separating them and address on marketing only the garbage online mode, and forget about the single player later.
I totally dislike V as they didn't make the game much like its predecessors that would interest me for another playthrough. I'm tired of their same old formula with nothing new nor exciting outside graphics. More specifically their mission design and ideas for unique side activities is scripted and boring as hell.. It's gotten so stale so quick, that I was disappointed.
The high point of the series' was the classic GTA SA in my eyes. Since then, no other title has blown me away with awe and satisfaction regarding the open world structure, variety in content, and immersive exploration with solid sense of progression.
In short, V is not better than SA.
  • UshaB likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

"Pain is only temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

GTA SA was great. It used every part of the map and translated that aspect with its story missions. It may be over the top, but still, it kills V. 

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:34 AM Edited by Son of Zeus, 24 June 2015 - 12:18 PM.

SA kills V and IV with one punch.

SA>VC>V>IV>III.

IV is inferior to V, but The Complete Edition beats V. DLCs of IV made it a much better experience. I don't think a V DLC would be as good.
  • Official General likes this

Bare
  • Bare

pep is bald

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

V>SA>IV>VC>III

They're all 10/10 anyway it doesn't really matter

Uncle_T
  • Uncle_T

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

V is not a game without flaws,sure they didnt include mini games and other stuff from SA and IV,but all gta games are different when you compare them to each other.The gta franchise is only in modern gaming that changes R* isnt giving us the same game over and over...Far cry,Assasin creed,Cod.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

V is not a game without flaws,sure they didnt include mini games and other stuff from SA and IV,but all gta games are different when you compare them to each other

It DID repeat a LOT of things from prev. games, partly in concept and partly in increasing the count with more of the same.
> Buying properties'
> Additional new "mini games"
> Character skills but added new special abilities
> Stunt jumps, Flight school, Shooting range, Parachuting, Races.
> SA Triathlons and customizations but with more choices and variety
> More crappy collectibles

Basically, V seems just a rehashed formula of the prev. titles with better eye candy and some newer stuff added to the package that do not feel like a big deal anyways...like how IV feels completely different game than SA and unique in many features, too.
The only unique thing about V is Online, and multiple switching characters in SP ( and if you are crazy enough for seeing useless animals, then add that as well ), but its GTA:O which is the biggest selling point for many who are still crazy about this sh*tty game.

The gta franchise is only in modern gaming that changes R* isnt giving us the same game over and over...Far cry,Assasin creed,Cod.

I just proved you Rockstar are no longer an exception than what other developers did.
I don't understand this blind fanboyism for Rockstar, STILL ignoring the obvious things and deluding themselves.

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

No Time To Bleed

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Unwanted Medal 2016

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

IV>VC>V

those are the only gtas i keep bringing myself to play and replay again, maybe the story in V is subpar and the gameplay is a huge stepdown from V but i really like the map and playing as Trevor never gets old,not to mention that destroying passenger planes with a Lazer is really something.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users