IMPORTANT UPDATE: This C&C game will not allow shooting while driving, however if your vehicle is put out of commission and you are a crook you can go into fight or flight situation. If you choose to fight you can use low grade weapons, meaning no chain guns, rocket launchers, sticky bombs, grenades, or other massive destruction weapons are allowed. Jerry cans are permitted but good luck fighting off cops with that. Or you can choose to surrender, if you choose this no arms can be held, you will stand in the open where a cop player can escort you to their vehicle so you can continue to watch from up close. Players who brake this code by either killing a crook who surrendered or by using arms at the wrong time will be banned. You have one life so if a cop or crook kills you, when you respawn you are out of the game. You must stay in your vehicle at all times unless it is destroyed or you are pursuing a crook that is on foot. Thank you.
Okay so you've probably seen my Car meet thread on the forum a few times now, for those of you who haven't I'll link it below. Moving onto what this thread is about,
Cops and Crooks. I'll be hosting a cops and crooks game this saturday. If you would like to be involved I'll link you to my other thread as I mentioned and just follow the same steps there (Join crew, and message me so I know how many are interested in showing, do not give me your psn I don't need it)
What is cops and crooks: Cops and crooks is a simple game of cat and mouse. One team will be playing as the cops, who chase the crooks, and the other team will play as the crooks.
How do we play: I will host a private session in which we will spend the first 30 minutes or so stealing police cars (unless you already own the FIB suv in which case you don't need a police car) After that we will gather at a certain location, and a countdown will begin. The crooks will get a 5 second head start, then the cops will chase after.
What are the rules: The rules for this first game will just be the basics and as we see what works and what doesn't we will add more specific rules for later C&C games. The rules for this one are simple.
If your a crook you have 24 hours from the start of the game to loose the police. After 24 hours it doesn't matter if the police have their sights on you, you win.
If you're a cop you have 24 hours to disable all crooks vehicles and arrest or kill the target.
Good Sport vs Bad Sport: I will be doing my best to monitor you guys and make sure people aren't being dicks. If you are a good sport and play well I will make sure to save you a spot in all future C&C games that you want to join (you will be treated as a first class citizen with all newbies being treated as second class) If you are a bad sport you will be banned from any further C&C games. If you are neither good nor bad, you're fine no worries.
Good Sport: I will list actions of good behavior,
-Obeying the rules
-Helping fellow players (you beat a crook, he's out of the game. But you pick him up in your police car so he can watch the rest up close)
-You admit when you've lost and back out or watch from afar.
-Act as a genuine good person
-You were beaten but you continue to kill people
-You call Merryweather for support
-You place a bounty on the other team members so they kill eachother
-You do anything that break the rules or purposely try to find loop holes.
-You simply play the game as you should.
Spectator: The role of the spectator is important and a part of the game. A spectator is someone who has lost the game, either killed while playing cop or while playing crook your vehicle was destroyed. You are now a spectator. You can not directly contribute to the game (no killing, bombing, etc) but you can e a great help. Here are two things you can do...
1) Help the moderators, look out for people breaking the rules and for the good deeds other players make. I need names for those that do either. I will banish and support those accordingly.
2) Play the spy, you can take a civilian vehicle (in this case a helicopter is allowed as long as it does not have weapons and you stay high above everyone not crashing or blocking paths) you can then support your team by pointing out where the cops are (if you're a crook spectator) or where the crooks are hiding (if you're a cop spectator)
The LSPD: Since this is not a legit game made by R* the police will go after you even if you are playing as the cops. That being said here are some tips to avoid being killed by the LSPD
1) Keep you wanted level low, if you have a 1 star wanted level but the guy ahead of you has 4 stars, in most cases the police will focus on him.
2) Loose the police. If your a cop this might put you behind but at least you're not being shot by your fellow police. If you're a crook this might help you but be warned the players playing police might screw with you and keep them on your tail. This is allowed as it's essentially their backup.
3) Run instead of fighting. Driving away from the cop players or driving after the crook players will not likely result in getting a wanted level, however if you choose to shoot at the other team the LSPD will get involved.
Further info: This will be a cars only cops and crooks game. We will consider future games involving aircraft, such as jets and titans in future games. This first one will be to figure out the basics and see if people enjoy the game.
For more rules and to learn how to join click the link here and be sure to join the crew: http://gtaforums.com...eet-ps3-thread/
Thank you guys and I hope you enjoy, I'll be putting a lot of my own time into making sure this goes as smooth as possible.
- Dream3r (Barrettx50xcal)
- (friend of Gangsta in paradise)
- (Friend of Sirninja)