Photo

Why is GTAO getting old so fast?

82 replies to this topic
PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

R* made a bold move when they decided to make GTA:O an mmo, but in my opinion they have failed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but this vast world they've created is empty and dead. No wildlife, an extremely low amount of enterable buildings, little traffic and pedestrians. I mean compare SP to Online, it feels like a completely different game. At least SP feels alive to a degree. We can't purchase businesses online, we are limited to repetitive missions and are forced to grind for things that aren't even worth grinding for. There is quite a bit of things to do, but they are either not rewarding or are lacking. This feels like an Alpha or Beta. It just feels dead already. Content will be added, but it won't be anything ver special. It will become stale and repetitive just like everything else has. They should have built this game for next gen, because there's a lot of potential in this game, but they won't be able to do much. I won't be playing this game once I get a next gen console. R* hyped this game too much and were deceiving about a lot of things. 

And ironically, the game world is even more dead because the griefers have been banned to temp cyber purgatory :lol:

Not that I don't mind it quiet because I'm a SP gamer.  But then there are times when I do login in order to take advantage of all the content I can't get in SP.  And find nothing but crickets and tumbleweeds blowing in the wind..... :blink:

Which is even more ironic, because I'd swear there are hundreds of more peds and especially animals wandering the streets and hills of San Andreas.  Online, I'd swear the ped population is substantially less.   Went hiking up at Mt. Chiliad in passive mode the other night and never encountered any 2 legged animals let alone the 4 legged ones.  And I've yet to spot as much as a bird anywhere on the back roads or desert areas in Blaine county :/

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

PkUnzipper, send all of these idea to Rockstar. They listen, even if they don't always do anything about it.

I agree with most of what you suggested.

However, I think that the problem with GTA Online getting old (for some people) is that they haven't been creative with the experience THEMSELVES.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Having goals and objectives helps also. The fact that I don't have every car that I want or that I can't just buy my way out of every fight keeps it interesting. The cheaters are digging their own graves on this one, though I do wish R* would help them along with resets or something.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Having goals and objectives helps also. The fact that I don't have every car that I want or that I can't just buy my way out of every fight keeps it interesting. The cheaters are digging their own graves on this one, though I do wish R* would help them along with resets or something.

x1000

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

x1000
Naw that's not it u guys are just butt hurt. All gta online needs is a healthy dose of DLC. It's not because we glitched. Glitches or not all the missions are the f*cking same .

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

x1000
Naw that's not it u guys are just butt hurt. All gta online needs is a healthy dose of DLC. It's not because we glitched. Glitches or not all the missions are the f*cking same .

Yeah that's a great point. Only it's glitchers who have burned through all the content and those that are still playing through it are not the ones complaining. I can't tell you how much that makes my butt hurt. Or butt hurts me. Or whatever other stupid point you were making.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Theres nothing to do. Some TDMs are just unplayable because of the horrible level design and GTA is clearly not meant to be a TDM game in the first place. Races are fun but how many times can you drive around the tracks over and over. Parachuting is nothing special. And the missions are now pointless because the payouts are completely nerfed. I got $500 for one. It needs new DLC asap and ways to get some substantial money 

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

I've grown bored of it too.  I think it's because it's taking me FOREVER to unlock stuff, and all of the missions have become extremely repetitive.

It's like GTA IV, without the storyline.  I just go from here to there, kill some guys, stealing a car or chopper, go back.  Etc. Etc.

Then if I do races, everyone ends up doing the exact same races just to grind money/RP.

Death Match and Team Death Match blow on every level I have played. 

I can have some fun when I'm with friends, and honestly I'm starting to see why people just go around killing randoms all the time.  Hearing those guys flip sh*t on the guys killing them has become the most entertaining thing in the game, but I won't become one of those guys on principle.

I feel like Rockstar said GTA Online was the reason they decided not to have co-op missions in GTA V, but honestly I would have rather had that than what GTA Online is right now.

bostonsas
  • bostonsas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

because they have our money.  who gives a sh*t anymore.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

x1000

Yeah that's a great point. Only it's glitchers who have burned through all the content and those that are still playing through it are not the ones complaining. I can't tell you how much that makes my butt hurt. Or butt hurts me. Or whatever other stupid point you were making.

The other point I made is that all the missions are they same . We glitched because r* is released this bullsh*t . I can't glitch in halo 4, nor CoD or any of my other online games . Glitchers didn't ruin the game r* failed to produce .

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 25 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

PkUnzipper, send all of these idea to Rockstar. They listen, even if they don't always do anything about it.

I agree with most of what you suggested.

However, I think that the problem with GTA Online getting old (for some people) is that they haven't been creative with the experience THEMSELVES.

very true. Although I'd also argue this isn't restricted to just GTA, but other open world franchises as well.  The same folks who claimed GTAO became boring in less than a month of launch, were probably the same ones who complained Skyrim was boring.  And will probably be the same set who proclaim TES Online is boring as well.... :lol:

It's attitudes like this which make me feel sorry for R* at times.

Well almost.  :lol:

Foolish420
  • Foolish420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Wait whats wrong with pot heads.. Sure I cough into the mic once in a while but other then that I dont see a problem.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

I never once thought this game was boring. I've been playing it for weeks. I haven't cheated at all online or offline, so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm not sure, but I'm always looking forward to my next car purchase or upgrade. I'm level 74 now, completely legit playing, and my best car at the moment is an Infernus fully modified. I won't be able to afford the Entity for a few weeks at least, then I will by military equipment. I could probably play this game for a year without getting bored. Then there's all the stuff that Rockstar intends to add in the future. They've already made it clear that GTA Online is always going to be evolving.

If you feel like you're genuinely getting bored of the game, it's time to put it down and try something else for a little while. There's no point playing a game that you don't enjoy.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Potheads always turn the mic on on purpose to cough into it because they think it makes them appear cool.

adra12
  • adra12

Orange and Maroon VT

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

If you want to try something to do, try landing a plane on the Maze Bank building(the tallest one in the city). Once you land a duster, then move on to lazer, then to the titan. It will keep you going for a while if you have the persistence not to give up.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

When you can make your own missions and races the game will be far better. The impromptu race is ok but I want to be able to make my own stuff. As of right now the game is getting stale and I haven't glitched or manipulated anything.

I got tired of online a week or so ago and decided to go back to single player to complete more stuff. The single player world is so much more alive, and interesting. More cars, characters, animals, hangars, boat slips. Everything missing from the online game. If DLC and user created stuff does not some soon I fear I won't be playing much longer. I am actually bored and I definitely don't want to go back to just a shooter game. Come on RockStar get this sh*t right, it has so much potential and it is becoming stagnant

• AGiganticLlama likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 28 October 2013 - 08:50 PM.

x1000

adding DLC doesn't stop the glitchers from glitching.  Nor does it stop the new missions in the DLC from going stale within hours of being added online.  Or gamers getting the feel the new DLC has become repetitive, within days after the content has been added either....

IMO glitching is an unhealthy growing phenomenon in online gaming, as the gaming industry transitions SP format games (or have abandoned SP games entirely) for the online format.  I also see this as unhealthy attitude toward online gaming, because it encourages ppl to take the easy way out.

IMO glitching has become a style of game play for those gamers who are either

1. too lazy to earn the achievements/XP etc. the fair way and want the easiest way to begin enjoying the game, or

2. too poor to buy the achievements/XP etc. the fair way, using methods like cash cards and/or don't care for farming to legally acquire achievements, or

3. want the quickest way to gain an advantage over other players in the game (or any online game besides GTA). Except the whole goal of glitching for these gamers is to go out and grief other players.

Although it's quite possible glitchers exist who do so without the intention of going the griefer route.  But I'm willing to bet such gamers are few and far in between.....

Kerrmiester
  • Kerrmiester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Lol I made 180K last night in 2-3 hours just doing any mission that was sent to the phone.
I don't understand these threads. It's almost like I feel people are playing a different game.

I totally agree. If you are half decent at the game, making money shouldn't be a problem. If you find you aren't making enough money from missions, sell some cars. Failing that, do a few races (even coming last you can still make decent money). Or some death matches, or hold up a store... The list is pretty much endless. How can anyone come out and say there isn't enough to do online?

It's still early days and there is still a huge amount to be added.
  • AGiganticLlama likes this

echocrack
  • echocrack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

I keep busy doing different things.  Spending too much time on one thing will burn you out.  I do deathmatches and races, I drive around freeroam chasing bounties or crates.  Freeroam usually leads at least 20 minutes of mayhem before I start something else.  I'll join random missions that people send on the phone (if they're high enough).

There is a major problem though.  There's not too many people to call for missions.  The people who you can call will give you a very low level mission most of the time.  I'm level 88 now, so anything under req. level 50 is kinda pointless to do, but 90% of the missions are under req. level 50.  So missions are where I probably spend the least of my time.  

I think the game would last longer if there were a bunch of high level missions. 

• PkUnzipper likes this

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Lol I made 180K last night in 2-3 hours just doing any mission that was sent to the phone.
I don't understand these threads. It's almost like I feel people are playing a different game.

Yeah, same for me. Everytime I get on Online it seems like I wanna do so much stuff I forget which I was gonna do next lol

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

When you can make your own missions and races the game will be far better. The impromptu race is ok but I want to be able to make my own stuff. As of right now the game is getting stale and I haven't glitched or manipulated anything.

I got tired of online a week or so ago and decided to go back to single player to complete more stuff. The single player world is so much more alive, and interesting. More cars, characters, animals, hangars, boat slips. Everything missing from the online game. If DLC and user created stuff does not some soon I fear I won't be playing much longer. I am actually bored and I definitely don't want to go back to just a shooter game. Come on RockStar get this sh*t right, it has so much potential and it is becoming stagnant

I hope you can actually make your own terrain rather than selecting a little perimeter on the map to have your race or deathmatch, otherwise there really isn't any personality in player-made maps.

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

This is the pseudo-MMO gameplay at work here. It instantly shortens any game's multiplayer life to 1/10th of its original.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

I keep busy doing different things.  Spending too much time on one thing will burn you out.  I do deathmatches and races, I drive around freeroam chasing bounties or crates.  Freeroam usually leads at least 20 minutes of mayhem before I start something else.  I'll join random missions that people send on the phone (if they're high enough).

There is a major problem though.  There's not too many people to call for missions.  The people who you can call will give you a very low level mission most of the time.  I'm level 88 now, so anything under req. level 50 is kinda pointless to do, but 90% of the missions are under req. level 50.  So missions are where I probably spend the least of my time.  

I think the game would last longer if there were a bunch of high level missions. 

Basically all of this plus some creative PvE stuff in FM.  But I always do the PvE stuff in FM while in Invite Only sessions.  Other ppl can be unpredictable when you're doing legit income activities in FM.  Especially random missions like investigating a red circle area to start a gang war.  Or doing a set of chain convenience store robberies to make money. I've had other players interfere/intervene in such legit activities I was trying to do in FM.  In several cases, it ended up with them getting capped as collateral damage.

And in all cases, the interference was by players with "good/clean sport" reps btw :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users