Photo

Why is GTAO getting old so fast?

82 replies to this topic
JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Simple real estate would have saved online. They should have made it to where everything was for sale but once it was bought it would be up to the owner to keep it or sell it. The overlapping real estate is lame in my opinion. If I own something I want to be the only one who does and I want the option to sell it for as much or as little as I want.

I am assuming major updates are coming where we can have hangars and slips and more properties. Online feels lame because there are so many vehicles that do not even spawn online that did in story mode. Add to that the amount of vehicles that can't be saved or modified. Poor shooting system, NPC's that spawn literally right behind you, or the ones that get magic headshots with a pistol on you when you are so far away you can barely see them in your sniper scope.

I really do like the game but enough is enough. I could go on with a huge wall of text that nobody here will read about what is wrong with the game. A thousand little things add up eventually. Of course there are a ton of good things too.

And what is up with the sh*tty cloud? I thought this was supposed to be the future and have less loading times. I have only sat through this many loading screens in elder scrolls games. Also it was mentioned the utter ineptitude of game users to host/setup/create/join game sessions. It is painfully slow dealing with most people online.

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by demonjlh, 17 October 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Lol I made 180K last night in 2-3 hours just doing any mission that was sent to the phone.

this was me yesterday too. just jumping into random missions coming up on my phone. started at 7 pm doing a coop drug deal...then a 4 car race, then survivor, free roam to go rob a few stores end up dying and getting car impounded...only to find it was parked in a damn tree...

0_04_zpsf96e8d77.jpg

get a NEW car, then jump in a coop mission going to steal a tractor trailer, another race, survivor a few times with my crew, hit free roam to launch off a jump my crew member found,

0_06_zps1a721e62.jpg

next thing i knew it was 11pm. and i finish off the night schooling my boy at some darts... 

Bati 801
  • Bati 801

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm only level 19 or 20, and I agree the game feels like a grind. But I think it's supposed to.

Early on you're a nobody. Like Tony at the beginning of Scarface. Taking whatever dirt jobs you can to scrape some cash together.

But I think that makes the game more rewarding. I like that everything is expensive and you have to think twice about what you spend your money on.

We'll see in the coming months how the game expands and if the replay value stays high. It's still early days, and if you're like me where you aren't farming or glitching, there's still a lot to accomplish.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

When I log on GTA IV, I can SEE, each type of games available including lag and numbers of players already in, and can chose to enter (or make) anything I like, in GTA V, I can't see what's going on, I can only HOPE that IF I make the type of game I want, I will MAYBE be able to play it, with decent lag and decent numbers of players.

Today I tried to get a team deathmatch going. I picked up my phone and selected 'join deathmatch' - that's the first bad design choice right there - you can't choose between team and solo deathmatch. I joined a lobby with one other person - the host, who had started a solo deathmatch lobby. I waited a while and nobody else turned up, then the host left leaving me as the host. I selected all the invites that I could and the game invited the one friend and crew member that was playing at the time (he rejected) but it only invited the twelve people who were in the session I left to join the lobby. Of those invites two joined the lobby and after some time one of those left, leaving me and another guy. I tried to get it started with just the two of us, but the game refused saying there wasn't enough players. After waiting a while longer nobody else turned up to the lobby, so I quit and went back into free mode.

I'm sorry, but that just isn't good enough!! This online game is two weeks old so If I want to do a team deathmatch there should be a game about to start when I join a lobby, and that lobby should be full of players who want to play a big 8 v 8 TDM. If I want to join a solo deathmatch likewise - it should be full of 16 players who want to do the same. It's gotten to frustrating to try to do what I want to do (which isn't much to ask) so I'm getting tired of the game.

I wasn't even thinking about buying another game soon, but I'm playing less and less of this and today I googled BF4's release date. I think I'll be moving on very soon. What a shame! The people who designed this mess need to f*ck off back to school, because its a great map for having big deathmatch battles or epic races, but those things are imossible to do.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I have pretty good luck getting in full races, not so much DM or TDM.  The most frustrating thing is the "Target Score" which most hosts apparently don't know how to set correctly.  So 5 minutes of sitting in lobbies leads to a full TDM that is over in two minutes because the host set the Target Score to 15.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think the gameplay would be benefitted a lot if they'd simply remove the "bad sport" points you earn for blowing up personal vehicles. I'd much rather have whoever blew up my car receive the bill for the insurance (something which is supposed to happen but almost never does), than have them receive some arbitrary bad sport crap that is unlikely to do anything to them anyways.

The way things are right now, it makes the gameplay worse for both me and them. They can't fulfill their pent up psychotic urges by blowing up everything they see (which I don't really mind in the context of a video game), and I get penalized a lot of money for the few violent outbursts they are allowed. They end up bored (or punished excessively; I think not letting them play with their own friends privately is a bit much), and I end up needlessly inconvenienced with the bill.

If it made sure the person blowing my car up was paying the cost every time, they could blow it up all day for all I care. If they don't have enough money on them, put them in the negatives. That system probably won't bother most of them, and it won't bother me either, since I can call the insurance and mechanic and have my car back in under a minute. Win/win.

The situation isn't helped by the fact you can't tell which vehicles are personal and which ones aren't, either. You would think that, at the very least, the aiming reticle would be a different color when you point it at a personal vehicle. There's simply no way to tell though, and then people are penalized for doing something they couldn't even be sure they were doing beforehand.

The system just seems sloppy and inefficient, and certainly isn't helping the length of time people will find the game enjoyable. I've yet to get bored of the game, but I think that's largely because I'm anticipating all the future content which is expected to be released. Just have to wait and see what they do.

• Sticky Pads likes this

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

If it made sure the person blowing my car up was paying the cost every time, they could blow it up all day for all I care. If they don't have enough money on them, put them in the negatives. That system probably won't bother most of them, and it won't bother me either, since I can call the insurance and mechanic and have my car back in under a minute. Win/win.

The situation isn't helped by the fact you can't tell which vehicles are personal and which ones aren't, either. You would think that, at the very least, the aiming reticle would be a different color when you point it at a personal vehicle. There's simply no way to tell though, and then people are penalized for doing something they couldn't even be sure they were doing beforehand.

Yes!

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 17 October 2013 - 08:28 PM.

There isnt enough to do, or enough things to buy imo. Actually, not enough things that have variety. I dont mind grinding, just make sure it doesnt feel like it, that aside there is nothing to work towards anyways, nothing im dying to purchase. Thats at level 60 too. 

GTAO is basically lacking a soul--aka immersive sandbox, fun mini game features--which its predecessors always had. IMO this is non TDM/non mission stuff like golf and tennis. IMO, the online experience is bound to feel empty with such a big map and a complete lack of interactive buildings and side activities to do.  They need to add a ton more sandbox features besides golf, tennis, and parachute jumping competitions.  The racing side missions are a good way to spend some mission downtime.  But these can get somewhat repetitive, even if they keep adding new courses. 

And one of these first features that should be immediately made available should be the purchase of multiple properties.  Regardless of what level you're at because that's what you were able to do in past GTA SP. Why should online be any different?  In fact, after getting over the dissapointment of SP, I was led to believe all of these sandbox features would be available once GTAO went live.  If that's the case, I've yet to see any immersive gaming options in the online menu for:

1. Being able to access more store interiors on the map & interact with more stores.  To date, all we have is a beautiful but extremely non-interactive map.  It doesn't inspire me to have my char leave the house, because there really aren't many interesting/immersive things to do outside of missions.   Why the hell can't you buy pot at Smoke on the Water? Or a taco from one of the several taco shops around the map? Or food from any of the food stores (Burger shot, Cluckin Bell etc) which were always available in past SP titles?  Or buy a hot dog from the many hot dog vendor stands on the map? Or work out at muscle beach and make your char more muscular/stronger like back in SA?

2. More individual oriented, skill based activities like the Triathalon, Hunting mini games--R* really needs to revamp these SP activity mini games and base it on pure skill.  Based on the limitations of the hunting mini game, and 3 races in SP, I thought they would be providing multiple side missions for these online AND also make decent money while not doing TDM/other shooting style missions. Or at least give us the ability to design our own custom courses. These sorts of races would encourage players to play constructively on an individual basis (i.e. fairly compete in passive mode with NO guns/sabotaging other competitors etc). while building strength/stamina skill sets, earning RP/JP  Races like these--especially they're designed sadistic button mash fests like in SP--should earn competitors some serious cash like at least 10k GTA$ for 3rd place.

R* should also consider adding more variety to the triathalon missions. Like something similar to Franklin's random encounter with Dom which unlocked parachute jumping in SP.  They should add race segment legs like parachuting, water vehicle, BMX, or even underwater exploration for extra variety in triathalon races.  And what's the deal with all those useless fruit/food stands along the highways, desert, and beach areas? Why couldn't competitors use these food stands as pit stops to refresh staminia? Or legally cheat to buy random spawning at the ped vendors of bull testosterone etc. Same goes for the hot dog vendors. This would've gone a long way for immersion.

3. Night Clubs/more nightlife social activity locations where you can participate in fun mini games on the mapNow what ever happened to the ability to do that dance mini game in the clubs like back in SA? And why the hell aren't there more establishments like these on the map? And I'm not referring to the strip joint which has virtually next to nothing to do in terms of interactivity once your char enters the establishment.  Is the ability of your char to use the ATM, getting drunk, watching strippers, and getting lap dances how they're supposed to have fun with their partying trait (which you got the chance to assign back in character creation)?  Or is there more hidden/locked entertainment content to come at some ridiculously inflated level? 

At what level are you able to unlock the ability to have strippers visit your property for lap dances etc?  Is this really R* only vision for how your char is supposed to have fun online? I've found other innovative ways to have fun to day.  But nightlife is the one feature (next to multiple properties and custom options for clothing/jewelry etc) which would have greatly added to the immersion factor of online game play.

4. Doing voluntary SA side missions like freight car, ambulance, firefighter, police/vigilante, taxicab etc side missions. Need the ability to perform these at least solo.  Unfortunately, the only place you can do these to date--AND get paid for it--is with Franklin and the taxi/towing missions in SP.   Why the hell couldn't they have transferred these features to online?  Would have helped with making legit income at the lower levels.   For us casual/immersive sandbox gamers, this would be a decent way to make some cash (say $1k-$2k per game day of your char working).  Because these sorts of SA styled missions are what I envisioned when I was first introduced to the new char creation screen. 

5. Character creation menu. And speaking of the side missions in #5 there is the char creation menu. What the hell is the point of having to specify how many hours your char does of legal v illegal work? Or being an athletic v couch potato etc?  When specifying these skill attributes apparently have very little influence on your style of game play? And what the hell is with the minimum 4 hr restriction on sleeping??  Is that the minimum number of hours your char can sleep/chill out in their apt?

Yes you get better paying random missions on your cell phone.  But in order to make real honest $$$ without farming, it's increasingly challenging to play solo.  You really need to play in co-op/TDM/Invite Only sessions in order to avoid playing with immature randoms.  

But to date, the amount of "legal work" that your char can do (eg races for cash, betting on missions etc)  are very limited.  The existing side activities like races/jumping challenges, etc pay little monetary value if at all.  I created what I thought would be a balanced char who would do 8 hours legal work, 4 hr illegal, 1 hrs partying, 0.5 hr couch potato, and the remainder being athletic.  Yet  all I've been driven into doing to date (without farming) to make decent money are illegal activities.

Some 90% of my chars time is spent in passive mode doing "illegal activities"  :lol:  Like stealing ped cars and selling them once per day at LS customs.  Or from playing the limited number of survival missions v. AI as solo.  Or redoing AI missions from my chars phone contact list--100% of which are criminally oriented. Or doing random investigative events solo, which are basically gang war extermination scenarios in free mode etc. What a complete waste of time creating char creation was.

6. Other interactive entertainment locations like movie theaters. This was an excellent immersive feature R* introduced which let you participate solo (or better yet, with friends).  But the variety they included from SP is getting stale.  Wondering if they're planning on dynamically adding/updating movie theaters with new video clips/content a  frequent basis? Or is this new content yet another feature we'll have to grind/farm in order to unlock?

7. Better yet, R* should consider giving us a creation tool where we could add movie clips to this entertainment location.  Upload it to social so that other players could download and watch it in their game.  That would be my ultimate definition of a sandbox game feature.

I think one of the biggest reasons why online has been such a let down for me to date, is the lack of immersion, backstory, and plot for your char (which existed by default in SP). But these all depend on YOU possessing the innovation to creatively use the existing online activities with your char, and make the game a fun, immersive experience.  However, the lack of sand box activities, mini games, and side missions have been lacking since GTAO launch.  So IMO, this is why the game appears to be so lackluster to date.

8.  A superior, dynamic, and highly interactive economy that R* alluded to with BAWSAQ.  I actually thought we'd be able to do side missions like the ones in #4 and indirectly influence the stock market from these.  For example, get random calls from business on the map (like Up Atom Burger) to transport cargo/goods by some method (train, semi truck, van, plane, boat etc etc) to points around the map.  This would allow lower level players to make a honest living if the lifestyle of crime didn't appeal to them.  And by doing these transport missions, companies you're working for (which also appear on LCN/BAWSAQ) would benefit from your side missions. So their stocks would rise/fall based on how well online gamers accomplished these side missions.  

9. Encourage more constructive/teamwork style game play for good rep/good sport gamers.  One way to do this is to make the dynamic economy very interactive.  So this would also involve pedestrian transport (i.e NPC peds as well as other online players).  For NPC peds, you'd get random phone missions to use your vehicle (or get some designated vehicle on the map) and transport them and/or personal cargo somewhere. The same deal with other online players. But to be a passenger, other online gamers would have to be good behavior/good sport players.  They'd also have to be in passive mode before being able to contact you for a cab ride. They would also have to remain in passive mode for the length of the trip.  In both NPC ped and online player cases, passengers would designate where they wanted to go on map.  You get to decide the fastest way to get there (or use the suggested yellow route) without trashing the cab/killing the passenger while en route. Then at the destination, the game would automatically deduct the fare from the passengers bank account to yours.

Basically What R* needs to do is to bring back the emotional fun and feel of SA. That's what GTAO is lacking.This means fricking unlocking a good chunk of the custom and gaming content they've restricted to higher levels. As a casual gamer, it's going to take me ages to get to level 50 where the good content is restricted.

• MisterRawgers likes this

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Half the time GTAO is fun, the other half it feels like a chore.

• blindlfaith likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 17 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Adding:  There are ppl already doing #9 for FREE online as random acts of generosity btw R*.  So why couldn't you build some economical incentive around this phenomenon and increase the gaming immersion? I could see immersion gamers like myself investing in buying an 18 wheeler truck/jet/cargo plane and some cheap trucker clothing do do transport missions like this.  Or buying a yacht and charging both peds and online players GTA$ to take a cruise around SA, go deep on sea diving charters hosted by other peds/online players to find treasure/weapon stashes etc underwater.  And make it so the ability to make real $$$ like $10k+ would only possible if you go on a ped or other player's charter trip.  Wouldn't that encourage online players to work together more collectively instead of destructively?? Come on R*, think outside the box for crying out loud.  Not all of us want to kill on a 24/7 basis in free mode while outside of TDMs, GTA races, and other missions.

Some suggestions for non mission/constructive online game play are:

* Add the sub and diving dinghy to the online map. Add underwater collectibles (some of which can randomly spawn) to allow players to better explore the underwater map sections. In general, most of these collectibles should be money, weapons, special pickups like bull testosterone, first aid kits (for shark protection) etc.   But add the submarine collectible mini game from SP to allow players to reconstruct their own sub. In turn, the sub could be used to dive to the more unsafe depths to retrieve cash etc.  Basically, GIVE PLAYERS AN INCENTIVE TO REALLY EXPLORE THE MAP AKA UNDERWATER R*! This feature should be possible either solo or as co-op/crews. 

* Add triathalons and more variety to the 3 race segments eg race planes to top of Mt. Chiliad, parachute from there to a designated area, and ride mtn bikes down to the bottom etc.

* Add hunting mini game were online gamers can only shoot/interact shooting with animals. This would improve shooting skill stat. Some example scenarios: have a timed hunting campagin to Blaine county, Mt. Chiliad etc. where you compete against the clock (or with other competitors) to acquire the most animal kills, or hunt a specific animal(s) which are designated as blips on the map. The more challenging the kill--like trying to kill a cougar with a pistol--the greater the reward.  Or an underwater scenario where you have to kill a certain number of great whites with only a hunting knife. Or retrieve a weapon stash while fending off great whites, cougars etc.

* Add ability to explore underwater areas with the dinghy (that has scuba gear) or a sub. Either rent or buy these at the Sonar Collections Dock. Use the scuba equipment on the dinghy to collect sub collectibles and construct your own sub for free.  Or buy one and store it at your docks (at a marina on the map).  Then use the sub to find high value collectibles, cash/ammo and special collectible stashes like full body armor, lost heist $$$ from spawned plane wrecks, or even failed online players heists which end up underwater. 

* Add an interactive ability for crews, co-op, or solo player to stash (and retrieve) heist $$$ in underwater areas if a planned heist/store robbery goes bad. Then these could be retrieved at a later game time from the location (which would marked on planning boards in your apt). The hidden stashes could be collected at a later date. HOWEVER these locations would also be accessible to anyone in the gaming session who has an idea of where the heist is located (e.g. witnessing the failed getaway while in free mode, watching say a plane crash from a failed crew heist from their apt TV) have access to a tracker, sub and/or scuba gear! So any player online would have access to the reward from such a failed heist.  Same goes for failed land heists. Anyone would have the opportunity to access the general location where the say a truck with cash was abandoned and try to keep it for themselves.

All of these immersive activities would give ppl more stuff "to do" and reduce the need to grind/farm for cash (unless a player really wanted to).

LacedupShoe
  • LacedupShoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by LacedupShoe, 17 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Lol I made 180K last night in 2-3 hours just doing any mission that was sent to the phone.

I don't understand these threads. It's almost like I feel people are playing a different game.

I completely agree I am yet to play the same mission more than twice and I'm currently at lvl 32. I have no problem with money I purchased the 250k apartment and am currently at 300k saving for the enfinity.

As far as ppl dying all the time I don't get why you don't just play on a closed friends or crew only map it completely solves this problem.

Also I have a full time job and a fiance so my playtime is usually a couple hours a night every other day or so.

blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Just wanna say before I get started I am quite 420 friendly. Lol not sure how I came across as knocking it after stating an observation. I am playing other games as well, not JUST gtao so lack of variety isn't the cause of my boredom. I miss the game modes from gta4 and the ease of joining them. Like other people mentioned sitting in lobbies feels dreadfully long. And when a mission or race takes less than 5 minutes, you're effectively spending equal time in game as you are in loading screens and lobbies. It really is all just a little too complicated for new gamers. So many options are nice for games you want to customize but it's not easy to just jump into something in seconds. Speaking of seconds, the time spent waiting for people to like or dislike maps at end game, then vote on next map,  and THEN ready up is royally retarded and cannot be measured in seconds. Maybe minutes, maybe..

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

i wouldnt know everyone i play with rather go out and shoot each other than play the missions or do anything fun.

Belstead
  • Belstead

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Freemode is sh*t. It's 90% escaping a wanted level. Zzzzzzzz

Bad sport is dreadfully implemented.

Passive mode is useless.

Being given a choice of missions/races etc on the voting screen is sh*t. Let us choose what we want to do.

16 players per session is sh*t.

Limiting the number of racers on some tracks is sh*t. GTA IV racing was (is) far better in that respect. 16 player races have so few tracks to choose from.

Let us choose the class of vehicle we want to race with. We want Faggios and Firetrucks, let us choose them ffs.

Risk/reward for missions is extremely unbalanced.

Having said all that, I am still enjoying myself but that's probably down to being in a large and very active crew. Content Creator could solve some of the issues I posted, but lets wait and see.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

Liberty City had streets, cars, helicopters, cops and pedestrians... That's it. NOTHING in the city works except the vehicles. For 5 years I returned to Liberty City over and over - every game that bored me or wasn't worth a replay, Liberty City would make it up to me. A practically empty city for 5 years and I always found stuff to do.

Perhaps GTA just isn't the game for you.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

if i could just get rid of the stupid kids that rather kill me for no reason id love online.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

There isnt enough to do, or enough things to buy imo. Actually, not enough things that have variety. I dont mind grinding, just make sure it doesnt feel like it, that aside there is nothing to work towards anyways, nothing im dying to purchase. Thats at level 60 too. 

GTAO is basically lacking a soul--aka immersive sandbox, fun mini game features--which its predecessors always had. IMO this is non TDM/non mission stuff like golf and tennis. IMO, the online experience is bound to feel empty with such a big map and a complete lack of interactive buildings and side activities to do.  They need to add a ton more sandbox features besides golf, tennis, and parachute jumping competitions.  The racing side missions are a good way to spend some mission downtime.  But these can get somewhat repetitive, even if they keep adding new courses. 

And one of these first features that should be immediately made available should be the purchase of multiple properties.  Regardless of what level you're at because that's what you were able to do in past GTA SP. Why should online be any different?  In fact, after getting over the dissapointment of SP, I was led to believe all of these sandbox features would be available once GTAO went live.  If that's the case, I've yet to see any immersive gaming options in the online menu for:

1. Being able to access more store interiors on the map & interact with more stores.  To date, all we have is a beautiful but extremely non-interactive map.  It doesn't inspire me to have my char leave the house, because there really aren't many interesting/immersive things to do outside of missions.   Why the hell can't you buy pot at Smoke on the Water? Or a taco from one of the several taco shops around the map? Or food from any of the food stores (Burger shot, Cluckin Bell etc) which were always available in past SP titles?  Or buy a hot dog from the many hot dog vendor stands on the map? Or work out at muscle beach and make your char more muscular/stronger like back in SA?

2. More individual oriented, skill based activities like the Triathalon, Hunting mini games--R* really needs to revamp these SP activity mini games and base it on pure skill.  Based on the limitations of the hunting mini game, and 3 races in SP, I thought they would be providing multiple side missions for these online AND also make decent money while not doing TDM/other shooting style missions. Or at least give us the ability to design our own custom courses. These sorts of races would encourage players to play constructively on an individual basis (i.e. fairly compete in passive mode with NO guns/sabotaging other competitors etc). while building strength/stamina skill sets, earning RP/JP  Races like these--especially they're designed sadistic button mash fests like in SP--should earn competitors some serious cash like at least 10k GTA$ for 3rd place.

R* should also consider adding more variety to the triathalon missions. Like something similar to Franklin's random encounter with Dom which unlocked parachute jumping in SP.  They should add race segment legs like parachuting, water vehicle, BMX, or even underwater exploration for extra variety in triathalon races.  And what's the deal with all those useless fruit/food stands along the highways, desert, and beach areas? Why couldn't competitors use these food stands as pit stops to refresh staminia? Or legally cheat to buy random spawning at the ped vendors of bull testosterone etc. Same goes for the hot dog vendors. This would've gone a long way for immersion.

3. Night Clubs/more nightlife social activity locations where you can participate in fun mini games on the mapNow what ever happened to the ability to do that dance mini game in the clubs like back in SA? And why the hell aren't there more establishments like these on the map? And I'm not referring to the strip joint which has virtually next to nothing to do in terms of interactivity once your char enters the establishment.  Is the ability of your char to use the ATM, getting drunk, watching strippers, and getting lap dances how they're supposed to have fun with their partying trait (which you got the chance to assign back in character creation)?  Or is there more hidden/locked entertainment content to come at some ridiculously inflated level? 

At what level are you able to unlock the ability to have strippers visit your property for lap dances etc?  Is this really R* only vision for how your char is supposed to have fun online? I've found other innovative ways to have fun to day.  But nightlife is the one feature (next to multiple properties and custom options for clothing/jewelry etc) which would have greatly added to the immersion factor of online game play.

4. Doing voluntary SA side missions like freight car, ambulance, firefighter, police/vigilante, taxicab etc side missions. Need the ability to perform these at least solo.  Unfortunately, the only place you can do these to date--AND get paid for it--is with Franklin and the taxi/towing missions in SP.   Why the hell couldn't they have transferred these features to online?  Would have helped with making legit income at the lower levels.   For us casual/immersive sandbox gamers, this would be a decent way to make some cash (say $1k-$2k per game day of your char working).  Because these sorts of SA styled missions are what I envisioned when I was first introduced to the new char creation screen. 

5. Character creation menu. And speaking of the side missions in #5 there is the char creation menu. What the hell is the point of having to specify how many hours your char does of legal v illegal work? Or being an athletic v couch potato etc?  When specifying these skill attributes apparently have very little influence on your style of game play? And what the hell is with the minimum 4 hr restriction on sleeping??  Is that the minimum number of hours your char can sleep/chill out in their apt?

Yes you get better paying random missions on your cell phone.  But in order to make real honest $$$ without farming, it's increasingly challenging to play solo.  You really need to play in co-op/TDM/Invite Only sessions in order to avoid playing with immature randoms.  

But to date, the amount of "legal work" that your char can do (eg races for cash, betting on missions etc)  are very limited.  The existing side activities like races/jumping challenges, etc pay little monetary value if at all.  I created what I thought would be a balanced char who would do 8 hours legal work, 4 hr illegal, 1 hrs partying, 0.5 hr couch potato, and the remainder being athletic.  Yet  all I've been driven into doing to date (without farming) to make decent money are illegal activities.

Some 90% of my chars time is spent in passive mode doing "illegal activities"  :lol:  Like stealing ped cars and selling them once per day at LS customs.  Or from playing the limited number of survival missions v. AI as solo.  Or redoing AI missions from my chars phone contact list--100% of which are criminally oriented. Or doing random investigative events solo, which are basically gang war extermination scenarios in free mode etc. What a complete waste of time creating char creation was.

6. Other interactive entertainment locations like movie theaters. This was an excellent immersive feature R* introduced which let you participate solo (or better yet, with friends).  But the variety they included from SP is getting stale.  Wondering if they're planning on dynamically adding/updating movie theaters with new video clips/content a  frequent basis? Or is this new content yet another feature we'll have to grind/farm in order to unlock?

7. Better yet, R* should consider giving us a creation tool where we could add movie clips to this entertainment location.  Upload it to social so that other players could download and watch it in their game.  That would be my ultimate definition of a sandbox game feature.

I think one of the biggest reasons why online has been such a let down for me to date, is the lack of immersion, backstory, and plot for your char (which existed by default in SP). But these all depend on YOU possessing the innovation to creatively use the existing online activities with your char, and make the game a fun, immersive experience.  However, the lack of sand box activities, mini games, and side missions have been lacking since GTAO launch.  So IMO, this is why the game appears to be so lackluster to date.

8.  A superior, dynamic, and highly interactive economy that R* alluded to with BAWSAQ.  I actually thought we'd be able to do side missions like the ones in #4 and indirectly influence the stock market from these.  For example, get random calls from business on the map (like Up Atom Burger) to transport cargo/goods by some method (train, semi truck, van, plane, boat etc etc) to points around the map.  This would allow lower level players to make a honest living if the lifestyle of crime didn't appeal to them.  And by doing these transport missions, companies you're working for (which also appear on LCN/BAWSAQ) would benefit from your side missions. So their stocks would rise/fall based on how well online gamers accomplished these side missions.  

9. Encourage more constructive/teamwork style game play for good rep/good sport gamers.  One way to do this is to make the dynamic economy very interactive.  So this would also involve pedestrian transport (i.e NPC peds as well as other online players).  For NPC peds, you'd get random phone missions to use your vehicle (or get some designated vehicle on the map) and transport them and/or personal cargo somewhere. The same deal with other online players. But to be a passenger, other online gamers would have to be good behavior/good sport players.  They'd also have to be in passive mode before being able to contact you for a cab ride. They would also have to remain in passive mode for the length of the trip.  In both NPC ped and online player cases, passengers would designate where they wanted to go on map.  You get to decide the fastest way to get there (or use the suggested yellow route) without trashing the cab/killing the passenger while en route. Then at the destination, the game would automatically deduct the fare from the passengers bank account to yours.

Basically What R* needs to do is to bring back the emotional fun and feel of SA. That's what GTAO is lacking.This means fricking unlocking a good chunk of the custom and gaming content they've restricted to higher levels. As a casual gamer, it's going to take me ages to get to level 50 where the good content is restricted.

blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

I hoped this would be standard by now..

MichealWesten
  • MichealWesten

Hell Raiser

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

74 hours in no sight in getting bored with all the new stuff coming out...might slow down when AC: Black Flag comes out...

blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:23 AM Edited by blindlfaith, 18 October 2013 - 02:25 AM.

Hopefully with PC release there will be mods like gta4. That will solve  most of our problems. I'm glad R* is getting their cloud experiment out of the way on 360 and PS3. If it comes to PC it will be a much smoother launch and most likely have more features than the console version released with.

blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

Ugh this too!

I have pretty good luck getting in full races, not so much DM or TDM.  The most frustrating thing is the "Target Score" which most hosts apparently don't know how to set correctly.  So 5 minutes of sitting in lobbies leads to a full TDM that is over in two minutes because the host set the Target Score to 15.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

I wish roleplaying was more possible.

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

Feel the need to state that you have a full time job AND knock cannabis.

We all know what kind of person you are then.

The reason your Mrs stares at other guys is because of sh*t precisely like this.

I puff bud and get blown by his wife in his house while he's at work. Wink wink

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

I love this game, but I do agree with everyone who mentioned it's a chore and becoming repetitive.
Every time I play, I'll do a handful of missions. The missions don't pay all that well, but I deal with it.
Say I got $2k for completing a task for Simeon. I go back to free roam, some douche kills me, and bam! All $2k gone to medical bills.
I try to just play Invite Only sessions, but I don't have too many PSN friends who will join. Usually it's the same 2 guys who can't be bothered with doing anything but survival mode.
Rockstar should add more missions that require coop. Stealing a car or robbing drug dealers of their coke are cool for a while but they just become repetitive after a few hours.
I know once I level up more (I'm lvl 23 right now) I'll start seeing better missions, but I've played those "better missions" with higher ranked friends. They're pretty much like Simeon and Gerald's missions where you kill someone and jack their sh*t, except this time around you're stealing jets instead of cars. Great. So now we have to keep driving to the airport hanger, and if you get killed, you'll spawn right outside the f*cking gates of the airport and then have to run all the way around to get back to the action.

Game has a lot of potential, yeah, but I do find myself playing it less and less as the days go by.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

I wish I had waited to start multiplayer until they get everything sorted out because this whole experience has kind of ruined the game for me. I'm about ready to hang it up. This game is severely broken and at this point doesn't appear to be getting better, only worse. Mainly because half of the vehicles in story mode are non existent online. They do not spawn at all online. They are not rare, they are just not available online. Add to that the fact that half of the vehicles that DO spawn online can't be saved and it is enough for me to give up.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

My thoughts:

The world in its current state, though beautifully crafted, does feel just empty. There is not enough to do, or rather, there is not enough variety in what is currently available. For example - parachute jumping was a great idea. They give some great views of the city and country side and it can be somewhat challenging. But once you've done it a few times you get it. Your going to do more or less the same thing in every parachute mission. Same with pretty much every other activity.

Most missions are less than dazzling, too. Go here, kill these people, grab this, come back. How repetative. Steal this car, take it here. Repeat.

I still love the game, but I know R* wants this to be a long lasting experience, and currently it doesn't feel like it really will be that long lasting. Adding heists will be an improvement, as will the content creator, but I still think it isn't nearly enough to keep it fresh and exciting for any serious length of time.

Sadly, as plenty of others have noticed, the lack of interiors is, imo, the greatest design flaw in the game. I expected a sandbox world designed around players being criminally creative with possability around every corner. I expected a less pidgeon-holed direction. Sure, naturally you are committing crimes. But only the ones you're restricted to. There is not enough freedom to invent your own crimes.

The 24/7's, for example, were a fun idea they really should've expanded on. Imagine holding up a little old lady walking down the street and being able to intimidate them like you can the cashiers into giving you the contents of her purse. Or the bus station. Or the hotdog vender, or whoever. The world should be a criminal playground and it just isn't. Every building and every home should be an opportunity and present possible risks. Everything should be fair game. That would make this a long lasting and endlessly entertaining game, imo.

• PkUnzipper likes this

Arms TorN
  • Arms TorN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

... Play something else ???

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

R* made a bold move when they decided to make GTA:O an mmo, but in my opinion they have failed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but this vast world they've created is empty and dead. No wildlife, an extremely low amount of enterable buildings, little traffic and pedestrians. I mean compare SP to Online, it feels like a completely different game. At least SP feels alive to a degree. We can't purchase businesses online, we are limited to repetitive missions and are forced to grind for things that aren't even worth grinding for. There is quite a bit of things to do, but they are either not rewarding or are lacking. This feels like an Alpha or Beta. It just feels dead already. Content will be added, but it won't be anything ver special. It will become stale and repetitive just like everything else has. They should have built this game for next gen, because there's a lot of potential in this game, but they won't be able to do much. I won't be playing this game once I get a next gen console. R* hyped this game too much and were deceiving about a lot of things. 

• PkUnzipper and blindlfaith like this

blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Its not the right game for you then, easy. Play LoL, Wow or CoD..

Lol thanks for the terrible suggestions. 3 of the most repetitive games in existence besides cookie clicker.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:25 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 18 October 2013 - 11:26 PM.

When I log on GTA IV, I can SEE, each type of games available including lag and numbers of players already in, and can chose to enter (or make) anything I like, in GTA V, I can't see what's going on, I can only HOPE that IF I make the type of game I want, I will MAYBE be able to play it, with decent lag and decent numbers of players.

Today I tried to get a team deathmatch going. I picked up my phone and selected 'join deathmatch' - that's the first bad design choice right there - you can't choose between team and solo deathmatch. I joined a lobby with one other person - the host, who had started a solo deathmatch lobby. I waited a while and nobody else turned up, then the host left leaving me as the host. I selected all the invites that I could and the game invited the one friend and crew member that was playing at the time (he rejected) but it only invited the twelve people who were in the session I left to join the lobby. Of those invites two joined the lobby and after some time one of those left, leaving me and another guy. I tried to get it started with just the two of us, but the game refused saying there wasn't enough players. After waiting a while longer nobody else turned up to the lobby, so I quit and went back into free mode.

I'm sorry, but that just isn't good enough!! This online game is two weeks old so If I want to do a team deathmatch there should be a game about to start when I join a lobby, and that lobby should be full of players who want to play a big 8 v 8 TDM. If I want to join a solo deathmatch likewise - it should be full of 16 players who want to do the same. It's gotten to frustrating to try to do what I want to do (which isn't much to ask) so I'm getting tired of the game.

I wasn't even thinking about buying another game soon, but I'm playing less and less of this and today I googled BF4's release date. I think I'll be moving on very soon. What a shame! The people who designed this mess need to f*ck off back to school, because its a great map for having big deathmatch battles or epic races, but those things are imossible to do.

This is unfortunately the nature of the beast with online.  Wish the game could sense a particular mission/activity lacked players.  So that it would then know to transfer your char from the server you're on to another server which had enough ppl in the game lobby. Instead you're stuck with having to rely on the N number of possible ppl currently in your gaming session.  Which typically numbers far less than the 16 per server max  >.<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users