Photo

Why is GTAO getting old so fast?

82 replies to this topic
blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I love this game, I really do. But after the first 2 weeks my friends and I are already getting bored of online. Bugs and glitches aside, there doesn't seem to be enough to do. I'm sure new modes will be added but right now for my crew we're resorting to stupid random stuff to keep us entertained.  I can't stand the money making mechanics. I barely make 100k if I'm focusing on making money in a few hours..I know I know you can make a million just by grinding the same missions over and over again but that's really lame and boring to me. My friends and I all have full time jobs and busy lives so the couple hours we do get to play together we don't want to spend it grinding to make some cash.

The most disappointing thing for me was the recent news that Job Points reset every session. So when heists are implemented you are forced to play the same missions over and over again until you qualify to do a heist. Great more forced grinding. Starting to think that was R* intention. Also not that I am particularly butt hurt about it but I have come to expect 50% of the online population to be assholes, squeekers, and tweekers. Oh and A LOT of pot heads lmao

OBITWIZZLE
  • OBITWIZZLE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm with you on the JP requirement for heists... I'm the bread winner for my house and I have a 4 month old. If I get a solid hour of playtime I'm lucky. I'm hoping only the heist leader needs to points, or they'll be pooled together in the group, otherwise I'm totally boned on getting any heists done, and that's basically all I bought the game for... Doing heists with my buddies who I never get to hang out in real life with anymore..

That being said, instead of just grinding for cash sometimes we all grab BMX bikes and have an impromptu half pipe session, or follow the leader, etc. The game's got a lot of stuff you can do for fun without grinding for cash.

ZombieUnicornGamer
  • ZombieUnicornGamer

The One With The Gun

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

... Play something else ???

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I love this game, I really do. But after the first 2 weeks my friends and I are already getting bored of online. Bugs and glitches aside, there doesn't seem to be enough to do. I'm sure new modes will be added but right now for my crew we're resorting to stupid random stuff to keep us entertained.  I can't stand the money making mechanics. I barely make 100k if I'm focusing on making money in a few hours..I know I know you can make a million just by grinding the same missions over and over again but that's really lame and boring to me. My friends and I all have full time jobs and busy lives so the couple hours we do get to play together we don't want to spend it grinding to make some cash.

The most disappointing thing for me was the recent news that Job Points reset every session. So when heists are implemented you are forced to play the same missions over and over again until you qualify to do a heist. Great more forced grinding. Starting to think that was R* intention. Also not that I am particularly butt hurt about it but I have come to expect 50% of the online population to be assholes, squeekers, and tweekers. Oh and A LOT of pot heads lmao

• MickeyMoMo likes this

Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

I feel the same way actually, and I am only a level 20-something with a crappy appartment and one not-so-good car. For some reason the game just feels empty, although in actual fact it is probabaly full of more things to do and more oppurtunities. When I go on single player it feels as if I know what I want to do with every character and I seem to have a lot more fun, but online everything is so focused on getting the best cars and houses that a lot of the fun is taken out of everything.

Sure you can go and mess around with your friends and do the craziest Sh*t ever, but even that gets old eventually.

I think maybe it's because in story mode you've spent time with the characters and get to know them better, but in GTAO you are forced to play a speachless character with no real personality. And like you said most of the people online are assholes, ten year olds trying to act gangsta, or pot heads... it's hard to find someone to just expore and have fun with.

• PkUnzipper likes this

MrAnimalUK
  • MrAnimalUK

Game rager

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Feel the need to state that you have a full time job AND knock cannabis.

We all know what kind of person you are then.

The reason your Mrs stares at other guys is because of sh*t precisely like this.

• Snoop_Willy, yankeebaddabing and ButtCarcass like this

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

It's taking some getting used to, but so far I find myself thinking Red Dead Redemption had the better flow of online play.  I like the new ideas in GTAO, but so far I find myself spending way too much time waiting in lobbies, playing matches where the host doesn't understand how to set  up the match properly, losing money, and getting labelled a bad sport for defending myself against a-holes.  My overall impression is they have made it way too complicated to simply have a good time.

• abfirstr8 likes this

btar93
  • btar93

Hardcore Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

There isnt enough to do, or enough things to buy imo. Actually, not enough things that have variety. I dont mind grinding, just make sure it doesnt feel like it, that aside there is nothing to work towards anyways, nothing im dying to purchase. Thats at level 60 too. 

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

The reason your Mrs stares at other guys is because of sh*t precisely like this.

*gets popcorn*

• ButtCarcass likes this

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Where does it say that Heists require job points? First time that I hear it. 

And compared to other online games, this game has a massive replay value in my eyes. People play CoD and BF3 all day and there's nothing actually to do, besides killing each other....

Also: It doesn't need missions to get money. Yesterday I made nearly 100k in not even an hour with races. Some pay 10k or more if you win them, it's really good to make cash.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Also, multiplayer was the thing I was most excited about in GTAV. In most games I usually just want to get through single-player ASAP, and then spend hundreds of hours in multiplayer.  Now I find myself just wanting to play singleplayer where I can have the most fun in the limited time I have.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yes, the world is full of marijuana inhalers. I thought by the time people had kids and lives they already knew that. I guess I grew up in a biker community so pot was just like cigarettes out there. To each their own as they say.

I have to agree with you about the bordom. I haven't played GTA in 4 days and I've only made it to level 21 with, maybe, $80k. I'm already kinda bored of this SSDD.

Log in, load up Online, die. Respawn and the same kid snipes me 2 blocks away. John jobs and either get killed by coop partners or the enemies. Usually both because my team mates are friends with the opposing team so they just give away positions to help their friends.

The JP points resetting is BS too because I am constantly being kicked by the other players which forces me to find a new server which resets my points. Why am I kicked? For getting the most kills during survival or winning a race.

So, instead I play solo, no dumb friends who can't pay attention or who fall asleep while playing. No trolls. Dead silence.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Lol I made 180K last night in 2-3 hours just doing any mission that was sent to the phone.

I don't understand these threads. It's almost like I feel people are playing a different game.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Lol I made 180K last night in 2-3 hours just doing any mission that was sent to the phone.

I don't understand these threads. It's almost like I feel people are playing a different game.

That's good to know.  Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Really annoying to hear about money and exp. points, or RP whatever.

I was racing last night and in one 6 player race, that took 5 minutes, first place made like $12,000 and 1,500 RP.

The time complaint is dumb. I can maybe play one or two hours every couple days. What's wrong with gradually unlocking things for months and months..?? Makes longevity better.

More missions unlock as you rank up. I'm rank 22? and the only time I replay a mission is if people vote for it or I join a quick match.

All the butt hurt brats seem to not like the game no matter what. Move on and play something else??

Rockstar can't win. They'll add heists and the same whiney brats will find something to complain about and try to glitch.

The mission creator is just going to make all the exploiters/farmers/glitches 10x worse.

This generation is all about 'me' and 'now' .. So fkn pathetic
  • Crewnordin, davidmaciv and OGtripleOG like this

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I hate to admit it but you're right I've gotten a little bored and have been playing less and less each day. Online is starting to feel repetitive which I suppose is the case with any mmo. If leveling up wasn't nerfed to kingdom come I probably wouldn't feel this way because it honestly feels like a chore to level up. 

Another factor is that the online story isn't enough to hold my attention, actually there's hardly any cutscenes. I think if the online mode had a stronger storyline similar to SP then that would keep things fresh. 

There isnt enough to do, or enough things to buy imo. Actually, not enough things that have variety. I dont mind grinding, just make sure it doesnt feel like it, that aside there is nothing to work towards anyways, nothing im dying to purchase. Thats at level 60 too. 

Perfectly put

On a positive note I'm still excited for the upcoming dlc.

Prozzy
  • Prozzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by Prozzy, 17 October 2013 - 04:06 PM.

I have to agree with this to be fair.

I am a high level and so are my mates, we are not getting any new missions at all, there is absolutly nothing to aim for, which means we are losing intrest.

So ok, we could buy a nice car, but what for? everyone else can also buy the same car because they have glitched which means there is nothing special or unique about having a high end car anymore! as for apartments its just damned right lazyness that the interiors all look the same, why should someone pay double for an apartment which has exactly the same interior?. There has been so much corner cutting in this game I don't know where to start.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

And they expect people to still be playing in 5 years! Not a chance with this drab affair of online.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Here is a lil Suggestion for an Added Function for Free-Roam  :)

After lvl 40 or so, Three different Gang-Factions HQ (with different color) will appear on the Minimap (Special Icon/Symbol) after talking to Lester.

1. One Gang-HQ could be a Haitian Gang called "X"

2. Another Gang-HQ could be an Asian Gang called "Y"

3. And the Third-HQ could be an Italian Group called "Z" (No imagination on names, i know  :D)

You can visit each HQ (Get a special Cutscene once per HQ), but you can only Swear Allegiance to one of them at a time.

When you have sworn Allegiance to one Faction, you will be assigned to a special Contact from that Faction, let's say the Italian Factions Contact could be called "Luigi" and you will be getting Missions and Tasks from that Contact to sabotage and destroy things for the other Factions.

Each Faction will also have a Store that offer Faction-specific Gear (Clothes/Outfits, Weapons, Mods)

As you have chosen an Allegiance, the other Factions will attack you on sight.

Whenever you sabotage or kill someone from the enemy factions, you gain Rep with your sworn allegiance.

As you gain Rep, the Missions become more and more important, rewarding and difficult, ever until you have Max Rep with your chosen Faction. Destroy Enemy Faction-Fortifications/Hideouts, Kill a certain Important Person from that Faction etc. 

Even Tasks to Kill other Players (that are on Enemy Faction!)

When you get to max Rep with your chosen Faction, you will get a very special Mission to destroy the HQ of your Factions Enemy and kill their Boss.

Once you manage to do so, that enemy Faction will disappear from your Map, and you will own That HQ as a Property, generating Income periodically and giving you a certain Perk.

Each Faction offer different Perks.

If you feel you have chosen the wrong Faction AFTER doing a few Missions (you felt their contacts and missions didn't fit your flavor), you can change your Faction, by killing/sabotaging your own Factions Troops and Properties, until your Rep with that Faction becomes 0 again.

Then you could visit another HQ (they wont attack on Sight at Rep 0) and switch Allegiance so to speak.

You get a new Cutscene and join another Faction, get different Contacts, different Tasks/Missions and so forth.

Switching is impossible to do if you have done the Final Mission for a Faction, ie destroyed an Enemy HQ.

There's no turning back from that  :)

• StupidAssHeadAss and Loser_1337 like this

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

And they expect people to still be playing in 5 years! Not a chance with this drab affair of online.

People are still playing GTAIV after 5 years and there was far less to do.  Big difference is that now people are penalized for goofing around, since R* is driving people to more structured events. 

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'd also love to see a Mission for 8-16 people (Cooperative), where you have to enter a Gang Hideout/Base, and manage to push through 4 floors of his Private Army of Hoodlums and Hired Killers until you reach the 5th floor where the GangLeader/DrugBaron/Boss is  :D

His Safe in the back gives different rewards at the end for each player  :)

Could be a Random hairstyle, emote, t-shirt or tattoo unlocked. (taken from a Pool that you cannot get via normal means)

Each Player could have 2 lives before she/he is out.

After reaching final floor it could very well be that only 5-6 people are left alive! Making it quite the challenge!

• Loser_1337 likes this

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

The community ruins this game more then anything else

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

People are still playing GTAIV after 5 years and there was far less to do.  Big difference is that now people are penalized for goofing around, since R* is driving people to more structured events. 

Yeah, not very many though. I'm sure they expected the online community to be larger than GTA 4's.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

I believe the problem with GTA:O is the lack of cooperative things to do.  Most of what it offers is competitive.  My friends and I have the same issue, once you beat the few coop missions and play a bit of golf there isn't much to do.  With the price tag of medical bills and ammo the game almost prevents you from just going crazy.  I'm hoping that with heists and maybe some other DLC the game will offer many many more coop missions/activities.

Also I hope R* adds an option for crew members not to be able to kill one another with melee at least.  It sucks when you go to reload and instead he hauls off and one hit kills a teammate.

• Docfaustino likes this

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

When I log on GTA IV, I can SEE, each type of games available including lag and numbers of players already in, and can chose to enter (or make) anything I like, in GTA V, I can't see what's going on, I can only HOPE that IF I make the type of game I want, I will MAYBE be able to play it, with decent lag and decent numbers of players.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think this is exactly it. People are getting bored already because they cannot accept loss, thus making them very passive players, not willing to do anything adventurous. Sure, there are a few design decisions that helped lead people to this, but overall it's on them.

I'm not having this problem, however. I don't care how much money I lose or don't make, what level I am or how many times I die. I just think of something I want to try doing and I try doing it among a random group of players that may or may not be hostile. That is what was fun in IV's free roam and that is what is fun about this one. Plus, at any time I can decide to take a quick break from it all and go sky diving. My current trip has been riding a mountain bike around town, seeing where I can take it and having fun dodging the mob. See how long you can last with a bounty on your head with a bicycle as your getaway vehicle, not easy.

Also, when did people stop playing Grand Theft Auto? Because now all I see is a majority of peeps rolling around in personal vehicles. They never change cars, don't commit grand theft auto any more(mostly high lvl players tbh). That is really on R*, as the design of the game lends itself to this, but you do have a choice. My cars, pretty much don't leave the garage.

In the end, I think rule number one has to be just like DayZ's, and that's don't get attached to your stuff. Get that down and you'll increase your chances of having a lot more fun.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm ultimately still very hopeful.  It just came out and is hugely ambitious.  Problems are to be expected, and we are still only on the first wave of content.  I'm confident they'll get it sorted out.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Create your own content. Have a car show with your friends, go offroading or climb up Mt. Chilliad, get a Sultan and go rallying, have all of your friends get Titans and have a dogfight above Los Santos. Randomness and freedom are what make GTA single player so much fun, but now you can do it with other people!

Don't limit yourself by playing within Rockstar's boundaries.

GTAnger
  • GTAnger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

I work 10 hour days most weeks AND smoke pot so his theory's go out the window on that one lol

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Its not the right game for you then, easy. Play LoL, Wow or CoD..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users