Quantcast

» «
Photo

Slow performance. Can anyone tell me why?

6 replies to this topic
Colt 45
  • Colt 45

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Okay, so my PC should be more than equipped to handle GTA:SA (despite it's poor optimization). However, I seem to suffer from the following:

•Periodic stuttering

•Periodic FPS drops

(although periodic, it happens way too often for my liking.)

My PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 6-core Processor (3.5Ghz)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7770 (Ghz edition)

RAM: 8gb

DxDiag information:

Spoiler

In-game settings:

rsz_specs.png

(Image re-sized to board specifications)

The stutters are really annoying considering this shouldn't be happening (I don't think). I still get the same thing when I turn the graphics down and change the resolution- still no luck.

Additional information:

•I mainly play SA:MP. 

•Using frame limiter makes the game run even worse.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:36 AM Edited by lil weasel, 18 October 2013 - 03:20 AM.

How did the game play before you installed the mod(s) [SA-MP]?

As an aside: What makes you think the SPOILER makes your post better?

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Sometimes it can be like that. You say it's a constant reoccurance? If it helps, set graphics to low. It makes no difference anyways.

Colt 45
  • Colt 45

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by Colt 45, 18 October 2013 - 03:09 PM.

How did the game play before you installed the mod(s) [SA-MP]?

As an aside: What makes you think the SPOILER makes your post better?

The game does the same with/without the mod. Considering I only generally use SA-MP, I don't care if it runs sh*t on storyline, as long as it's fine on SA-MP.

'As an aside': Why does it matter if I use spoiler or not? It's my post, my preferences. 

Sometimes it can be like that. You say it's a constant reoccurance? If it helps, set graphics to low. It makes no difference anyways.

Yeah. It seems to happen when I'm going into a new section of the city or if the area is quite populated. It's a minor stutter but people with worse/similar PC's as me don't have the same issue. Setting the graphics to low makes no difference, nor does turning anti-aliasing off. :(

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by MrPeteyMax, 18 October 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Have you tried messing about with your graphics card settings? You can sometimes turn things down in there. Make sure VSync is off. It can mess up when going into new lands it needs to load.

I'll have a google and see if I can find anything else.

Edit:

I found this. I know you're not on a low-end PC, but give some of this a try. http://forum.sa-mp.c...ad.php?t=127075

Also, try running in compatibility mode.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

If it ran ok in Solo and crappy in SA-MP then it would be the SA-MP mod that is the problem.

Is your game DVD (v2) or Steam Download (v3)?

Have you tried different 'downgraders'?

Are you running with the AMD multi-core set to "0" affinity?

Colt 45
  • Colt 45

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by Colt 45, 18 October 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Have you tried messing about with your graphics card settings? You can sometimes turn things down in there. Make sure VSync is off. It can mess up when going into new lands it needs to load.

I'll have a google and see if I can find anything else.

Edit:

I found this. I know you're not on a low-end PC, but give some of this a try. http://forum.sa-mp.c...ad.php?t=127075

Also, try running in compatibility mode.

I have vsync off by default as I found that it doesn't work that well with a lot of games. I'll try some of the suggestions from that post you linked along with the compatibility mode. Thanks a lot!

If it ran ok in Solo and crappy in SA-MP then it would be the SA-MP mod that is the problem.

Is your game DVD (v2) or Steam Download (v3)?

Have you tried different 'downgraders'?

Are you running with the AMD multi-core set to "0" affinity?

I don't know how SA-MP could be the problem, unless it's more demanding. Even then, as I said, people with worse/similar computers as me don't have the same issue. I use the version one DVD but I haven't tried setting the multi-core to '0' affinity, I'll give it a shot.

Also: Sorry if I came across a little antsy regarding the 'spoiler' thing. I've had a bad day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users