» «
Photo

Single Player Titan rendered useless when saved

50 replies to this topic
TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:48 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 17 October 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Just curious if anyone has had any luck saving the Titan in Michael's hanger at Los Santos International? I managed to steal the titan from the military base (not an easy task), I parked it in his hangar to be saved, but every time I go to the hangar to retrieve it I get this.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

The issue I feel is that the saved plane spawn is set to far to the left of the hangar, which causes the Titans wing to spawn in the wall of the hangar and break off. I would get in the plane and attempt to reposition it but I am unable to enter it when it is in this state.

Was just curious if anyone else has run into this and if any solution is known, also I hope this serves as a warning to others that all your hard work may be for nothing. I submited a claim with Rockstar support but all I got was some generic response telling me to unplug my PS3 and let it set for a while, not quite sure how that is going to fix the games coding, but yeah, that did not work.

(This is in no way a bitching thread, just one issue I found in this otherwise great game IMO)

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 17 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

this is Rockstars response

Brian J, Oct 16 03:31 pm (EDT):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of our titles. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Sony on their support site:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
1. Turn the console off and on.
2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
3. Update your console software.

Clearing the Game Data Utility:
1. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility]. 
Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files. 
2. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
3. Press the button and select [Delete]. 
4. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion. 
5. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear. 
6. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted. 
7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
8. Reboot the game.

If this is still happening let's try this on a second PS3 to see if the same issue is occurring.

Cheers,

Brian J

TakinThyBacon1, Oct 15 04:39 pm (EDT):

After completing the quite difficult task of stealing the Titan cargo plane from the military base, I was able to successfully make it to Micheal's hangar at Los Santos International Airport, it is the hangar to the far right whilst standing on the runway facing the row of hangars. I pulled my existing save plane outside the hangar and pulled the titan inside to be saved. Upon leaving and returning I found that my titan had saved successfully, problem is that when the Titan spawns inside of that particular hangar it places the plane to the far left side, in turn spawning the wing against the hangar wall, which leads to the wing/ propellers completely becoming detached from the plane. In addition I am completely unable to enter the plane to move t to another location. I feel as though the problem lies in the fact that the default spawn point is so far to the left of the hangar, if the plane spawned in the center I do not believe the issue would be duplicated. I am hoping this will get fixed as getting the Titan is a titanic task to undertake, and I would hate to see myself and others not be able to reap the rewards of our work. Thanks you for your time, as well as for the great game. Attached is links to the snapmatic photos of the incident.

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

so...

Did you try turning the PS3 off and on then?

• Loxley likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

so...

Yep tried it all, same thing happened, even attempted a different PS3

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

so...

Oh...

Dude I was joking. It should have been blatantly obvious that none of that would have worked. Your initial suspicion here:

The issue I feel is that the saved plane spawn is set to far to the left of the hangar, which causes the Titans wing to spawn in the wall of the hangar and break off.

Is obviously the problem, which is an error in the game mechanics, which won't be fixed by restarting the PS3, lol. I'm guessing that it positions planes in predetermined spots based off of the body. Thus it's aligning the body of the plane in one of the plane spots, but the guy in charge of mapping out the spots failed to take into account that some planes might have too broad a wing span to spawn in that spot without clipping through the geometry.  Because it does, the wing snaps as soon as you enter, rendering the plane into a broken state, meaning you can't even move it to fix it. The best you can hope for is a patch, because I can't really think of anything else you could do at this point to get the plane out of the hangar. Brian J. is kind of a failure of a tech support agent. You reported a glitch and he simply told you to check the hardware. :/

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

so...

Oh...

Dude I was joking. It should have been blatantly obvious that none of that would have worked. Your initial suspicion here:

The issue I feel is that the saved plane spawn is set to far to the left of the hangar, which causes the Titans wing to spawn in the wall of the hangar and break off.

Is obviously the problem, which is an error in the game mechanics, which won't be fixed by restarting the PS3, lol. I'm guessing that it positions planes in predetermined spots based off of the body. Thus it's aligning the body of the plane in one of the plane spots, but the guy in charge of mapping out the spots failed to take into account that some planes might have too broad a wing span to spawn in that spot without clipping through the geometry.  Because it does, the wing snaps as soon as you enter, rendering the plane into a broken state, meaning you can't even move it to fix it. The best you can hope for is a patch, because I can't really think of anything else you could do at this point to get the plane out of the hangar. Brian J. is kind of a failure of a tech support agent. You reported a glitch and he simply told you to check the hardware. :/

Sorry I did not pick up on the sarcasm lol

I sent them a nice little reply stating that reseting my PS3 is not going to alter their in game coding lol

I would not really mind the issue that much, but stealing the Titan is one of the hardest thing to do in the game, and I feel as though it is pretty useless if you cannot even save it.

jefflcarr
  • jefflcarr

Hawkeye

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I would think that R* would eventually patch this, otherwise the Titan is essentially useless.  I've been looking forward to using this plane since I first saw it and I must say I'm pretty disappointed that it's only available on the base and even then it's exceedingly difficult to obtain.

Here's hoping they patch it.

• TakinThyBacon likes this

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

I've read a post somewhere that the issue will infact be addressed in the near future.  The spawn location in the hangar is better equipped for the smaller planes.  I have the exact same issue with the wing falling off or the plane exploding all together.  It took me a long time to get the plane, so hopefull it's fixed.

I would think that R* would eventually patch this, otherwise the Titan is essentially useless.  I've been looking forward to using this plane since I first saw it and I must say I'm pretty disappointed that it's only available on the base and even then it's exceedingly difficult to obtain.

billy2048
  • billy2048

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Rockstars support team is a joke. Haven't had one useful answer on my 2 tickets.

And the information about future patches known problems is updated once a century with useless stuff.

• TakinThyBacon likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Agreed, I lost track of how many times it took me to get the thing out of the military base, not to mention the money I spent in medical care after the damn tanks blew me up. It is highly disappointing, I was really looking forward to using it a lot, but now I cannot even get in the thing 

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Oh Rockstar, you so silly.

The only thing I can think, is that Rockstar didn't think anyone would be able to steal it from Fort Zancudo. God knows how you managed it, as it took me a few tries to get the Lazer jet (until I found an almost foolproof way).

So, does it not matter where you park it in the hangar, it will always spawn to the side of the hangar?

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

I submited a claim with Rockstar support but all I got was some generic response telling me to unplug my PS3 and let it set for a while,

Rockstar trolled you.

That's like when you call your ISP because your internet stops working and they suggest its that your cord from the wall to the modem is too long... when it was working for years with the same setup... and then in the end it's always on their end.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

If you need to get rid of the plane in the future just blow it up.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Remember when you could push a destroyed vehicle into a save spot, to have it repaired.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Remember when you could push a destroyed vehicle into a save spot, to have it repaired.

Does that work in V too?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Does that work in V too?

I'm not sure, probably not. 

I wonder if the Cargobob or tow truck can hitch destroyed vehicles.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Oh Rockstar, you so silly.

The only thing I can think, is that Rockstar didn't think anyone would be able to steal it from Fort Zancudo. God knows how you managed it, as it took me a few tries to get the Lazer jet (until I found an almost foolproof way).

So, does it not matter where you park it in the hangar, it will always spawn to the side of the hangar?

It does not seem to matter, it seems as though no matter where you park it it will always default to the same spot and get destroyed. And getting it was the toughest challenge I have ever had in any GTA, but there are some youtube videos out there on how to do it. Just takes a combination of luck and patience.

Yeah I can do that, but with how many times it took me to get it would break my heart lol

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 17 October 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Does that work in V too?

I did try the cargobob on it, but I could not get it to hitch up. And its not so easy to do whilst its in the hangar  :lol:​ 

0_0.jpg

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by jamieleng, 17 October 2013 - 06:19 PM.

Does that work in V too?

I did try the cargobob on it, but I could not get it to hitch up. And its not so easy to do whilst its in the hangar  :lol:​ 

0_0.jpg

It was worth a shot, to try & defy the laws of GTA physics.

Yeah, I wouldn't blow it up, just in case Rockstar decide to patch it, seeing as they will have a small team working on it for a couple of years at least. I wouldn't hold your breath though, judging by their half arsed email response. This could've been avoided, if they had given us an open air save spots for planes & road vehicles, in combination with the hangars & garages. 

Why does Rockstar always avoid giving us the best of both worlds with so many returning &  modified features? 

CP27
  • CP27

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

F*CK!! I wish you had posted this yesterday so I wouldn't have wasted my time. I just got this damn plane last night and saved. Saw this thread today and thought "wellll maybe everything will be okay for me". Nope, just got on and it's destroyed in the exact same way =(

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

SInce it didn't work out with the Titan, I'm pretty sure that it won't work with the 747, I believe that one is bigger than the Titan. 

I really wanted a 747 :(

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

F*CK!! I wish you had posted this yesterday so I wouldn't have wasted my time. I just got this damn plane last night and saved. Saw this thread today and thought "wellll maybe everything will be okay for me". Nope, just got on and it's destroyed in the exact same way =(

If you want, I would suggest filing a report on the Rockstar Support website, maybe if they get a few more reports on it they may actually do something besides blaming their sh*tty coding on our consoles.

It would not bug me near as much if the thing was not such a pain in the arse to get lol

http://support.rocks...es.com/hc/en-us

JWitfield
  • JWitfield

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I am definitely pre ordering this POS game.. it looks 100% done...

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 17 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

SInce it didn't work out with the Titan, I'm pretty sure that it won't work with the 747, I believe that one is bigger than the Titan. 

You are in luck, if you go up to the landing gear of the 747 you can enter and fly it, sure it is not really yours in your own hangar, but it is much easier to get than the Titan lol

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

You are in luck, if you go up to the landing gear of the 747 you can enter and fly it, sure it is not really yours in your own hangar, but it is much easier to get than the Titan lol

I know, I've done that, but I haven't really purchased a hangar, so I don't know if it would fit inside one, but I doubt since it seems like it's much bigger than the Titan.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I know, I've done that, but I haven't really purchased a hangar, so I don't know if it would fit inside one, but I doubt since it seems like it's much bigger than the Titan.

Oh ok, I did not realize that you had already done that, I honestly doubt that it will work, but it would be easy to test seeing how the plane is on the tarmac at the airport across from the hangar. I will give it a shot tonight and see what happens.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Anyone downloaded the patch and tested to see if this is fixed?

Remmi420
  • Remmi420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Wtf? 

try a differnt ps3? nah how about rockstar fixes the crap that makes this happen !!!

, had the same thing happen to me in story mode, bought a jet at franklins hangar, went and stole a fighter jet put it in hangar and then my jet was nowhere to be found that i paid 2 million or whatever for 

sleep_now
  • sleep_now

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Does that happen if you buy the titan?

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Does that happen if you buy the titan?

Honestly I do not know, my experience has only been with single player, I am guessing not judging by the fact that many people seem to be using the Titan in Online with no problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users