Photo

No drivable trains?

39 replies to this topic
LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Id probably drive a train once or twice and then never again. So no big deal for me at all.

wizwars
  • wizwars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm more upset about the metro trains being as slow as they are than not being able to drive trains. And I say that only because I ride the real life LA metro all the time, and they went to such great lengths to make stations that look f*cking EXACTLY like the real stations, yet the trains move as slow as the cable cars in San Francisco. It's not a trolly, it's a light rail / subway system. They easily go 45+ MPH, especially underground. They managed to pull off a fast subway in GTA IV, I'm not sure why the subway in V is so slow. I do not think there is any subway system in the world where the cars travel between 5-10mph. Would've been cool for it to have been a viable transportation option. 

joedunno
  • joedunno

Hardcore Player

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'm just curious, title states it all, but why wasn't such a simple mechanic put into the game? when its within a mission, and not enabled for free mode? and will it be included possibly in a future update? well not a simple mechanic but if its included in a mission, why wasn't it enabled for free roam? and/or multiplayer?

Crazybeast

According to the GTA V Book the metro trains are for getting to point A to point B & C..

You can hop aboard the locomotive and ride them but can't drive them.

You're taking the word "Everything" to heart, Shouldn't do that you'll be disappointed like you are now.

but they're soooooooo SLOWWWWWWWWWWW!! i wouldnt mind so much if you could increase the speed on them some how. 

Crazybeast

Seriously?

How old are you?

Whining about not being able to drive the trains?

sh*t, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed an opinion on the matter, for a second there i thought it was a forum. 

Crazybeast

^^Respect. To That Sentence ^^^

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

RAGE probably couldn't handle the giant crashes. Or maybe it's just R* being R*. I can see them becoming the Apple of video games. We beg them to bring features that other games have had for years, and when they finally do, it becomes the most overhyped and overrated sh*t in existence.

lord tammerlain
  • lord tammerlain

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

I don't car about driving the trains, but I was surprised the trains do not have  a conductor in them at all.

I rode the train through a full loop shooting at cops  and traffic and decided to go to the engine and saw it does not have a conductor

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm just curious, title states it all, but why wasn't such a simple mechanic put into the game? when its within a mission, and not enabled for free mode? and will it be included possibly in a future update? well not a simple mechanic but if its included in a mission, why wasn't it enabled for free roam? and/or multiplayer?

Crazybeast

It's a good thing you sign all your posts with Crazybeast, otherwise I wouldn't know who wrote it.

crazybeast
  • crazybeast

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Maybe learn how games are made, then you'd know adding train driving mechanics isn't as simple as you claim.

as it happens im studying games design, so you can sit the F down, they've already built it into the game, it would just be a case of a little extra work to enable it for free roam.

and cobra, re-read what I said, it's an opinion, so maybe you should redo your english. 

Crazybeast

There is a difference between Opinion & Whining at first you stated you wish they would mod the game so we can drive trains...Fair enough that's an opinion then it turned into whining...

At first yes it was an opinion now your just whining because the metro is " they're soooooooo SLOWWWWWWWWWWW!! i wouldnt mind so much if you could increase the speed on them some how" and now your whining because R won't take 5 minutes to mod the game so you can drive a train.

See difference between opinion  and whining?

Perspective.... if I reworded what I said into, " In my opinion I think the train is slow, it would be cool if they increased the speed on it " is that a whine, or opinion, I think its an opinion, so now I think you should sit down and shut the hell up. 

Crazybeast 

Additionally Thank you motosyko, somebody with a bit of a broad and mature mind. 

Databank
  • Databank

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'd love to be able to drive the trains

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

The only point to driving a train would be if you could control it jumping the tracks. If all it does it follow the tracks at max speed with no possibility of a crash, what  would be the point. It can't get you anwhere faster than driving. It's impossible to hijack a moving one unless you parachute onto it. If it can't be crashed it's not worth driving.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

The only point to driving a train would be if you could control it jumping the tracks. If all it does it follow the tracks at max speed with no possibility of a crash, what  would be the point. It can't get you anwhere faster than driving. It's impossible to hijack a moving one unless you parachute onto it. If it can't be crashed it's not worth driving.

Cant disagree. Look at SA those trains could crash. Plus it would be nice to blow up the tank cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users