Watch Dogs delayed, Ubisoft stocks slaughtered

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic
FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Lol at the gullible Watch Dogs fanboys. It looks 2x worse as IV on the current gen. It ONLY look good on the next gen because of the new hardware. Stop fooling yourself because WD on the current gen is going to look closely like Saints Row. It's sh*t. Half the features won't make it on the current gen. It's already dead. Next gen is a different thing.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Many of you criticize GTA IV for it's dull and bland colour scheme... well Watch Dogs is looking exactly the same! But you're not complaining now? It's just Liberty City with some futuristic Assassins Creed type bullsh*t thrown in...

On occasions, the game looks photorealistic! But there's that dark, dreary vibe. I loved IV for that and I will love Watch_Dogs for that.

No it isn't Liberty City. None of the GTA cities come close to the level of detailing that Watch_Dogs has. ..And none of the GTA cities have been as big as Chicago in Watch Dogs; add the countryside in, too.

Oh, and no, it isn't that far-fetched ( http://www.polygon.c...h-dogs-invasion ).

Now, let's talk about the games ( GTA V and WD ) themselves: Which game has better animations? Hands down, Watch Dogs. Which game has the better vehicle physics? Watch Dogs ( go check out the recent videos ); Ubi even have confirmed multiple times that they aren't dishing out arcade mechanics. Which game has better all round physics? WD - wind/water simulation, for example, are almost revolutionary. Which game actually has got innovation? Watch Dogs.

Gullible much.

Nah, not gullible. It's just that, unlike the majority of you folks, I've been following the game very, very closely. So, I have a better idea about Watch Dogs than most of you fanboys ( no personal offense intended ).

Oh, and this game has been in development for five freakin' years now! So, it isn't you regular 'AC game'.

Sorry if I came across as an arsehole. However, do you really think this Water/Wind simulation will be any better than V's? This feature isn't even available in the current gen version.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

What I find interesting is the fact that whenever someone posts a topic discussing another game doing well (TLoU raping reviews, Watch Dog looking great) they get told to basically f*ck off.

"Dude wtf does TLoU have to do with GTA, these are the GTA forums you idiot"

Now I 100% agree with that statement but the second a guy makes a topic discussing a game albiet in a negative way nobody brings up the fact that The Watch Dogs has f*ck all to do with GTA.

f*cking hypocrites.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by Gst0395, 18 October 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Watch Dogs does look like a good title, with it's quite unique setting (dystopian Chicago) and advanced hacking features. However, I see no reason to compare it to GTA. I mean, sure you can drive, shoot and take part in missions, but that's about it. It has an otherwise complete different feel and structure, and looks to be more of a story-based game where as GTA is more action-based.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

^

It doesn't. But the fact that it is a new sandbox open world game coming from Ubisoft is similar in terms of genre. The worst thing is one guy is comparing the PS4 version to GTA V on the current gen.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Gst0395, 18 October 2013 - 08:23 PM.

^

It doesn't. But the fact that it is a new sandbox open world game coming from Ubisoft is similar in terms of genre. The worst thing is one guy is comparing the PS4 version to GTA V on the current gen.

Yeah, that is just an unfair comparison. They are indeed both open-world crime games, but that's where the similarities end imo.

And god, the GTA and WD fanboys arguing here need to settle down.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

^

PS4 version will not look that much different. Like I have said before they always build the game on the weakest console first then port it over to ensure the game can actually run on the weaker consoles.

The PS4 will obviously have some improvements but I doubt they will be major (Graphically speaking)

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

ANY game developer with a brain KNOWS that no game in the next 10 years will be able to match GTA V, period. Let alone a sandbox game. The shoes are too huge to even get into, this is is just proof of that.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

ANY game developer with a brain KNOWS that no game in the next 10 years will be able to match GTA V, period. Let alone a sandbox game. The shoes are too huge to even get into, this is is just proof of that.

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

droidbradley
  • droidbradley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Most of the next gen games look better than Gta v to me. i think mindsets decide our love for the game. When GTA V  first came out i thought it was the best game ever, now i realize it's just as good  as the other top notch games we had his past year.  Your bias is sad

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Lol, Far cry 3, latest Assassins Creed games, and Watch Dogs share the exact same basic idea.
Go here hack/take control over/climb this building, unlock map. Do missions, be agile, kill people
Thats it

Aaaaand how is GTA different?? The basic idea of all GTA games is steal this car, drive it around until you blow it, steal another one, buy a weapon and kill people, do missions, play some random side stuff, kill more people and repeat

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Oh it's you again, the brainless fanboy. Well anyone with a brain knows there will be games in the next 2 years, let alone 10, that will surpass GTA V. Of course that no game will be a replica of GTA  but there will be games more imressive than GTA V soon enough, period. 1o years from now on R* will even Release one or 2 more GTA games so better gtfo this forum

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Lol at the gullible Watch Dogs fanboys. It looks 2x worse as IV on the current gen. It ONLY look good on the next gen because of the new hardware. Stop fooling yourself because WD on the current gen is going to look closely like Saints Row. It's sh*t. Half the features won't make it on the current gen. It's already dead. Next gen is a different thing.

Yeah yeah good way of defending GTA V. I really want to see what would GTA V look on the next gen but oh wait, they don't even have that version

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm more worried about the Crew's delay.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Rockstar can still make a better GTA than GTA V. Although I really like this game, and opinionate it as my favourite game on the current gen, believe me, they can make it much better. Stop being a delusional fanboy.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm more worried about the Crew's delay.

Yeah, that game's biggest advantage is the map which simply takes a piss on GTA V's map.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Yeah yeah good way of defending GTA V. I really want to see what would GTA V look on the next gen but oh wait, they don't even have that version

And you are good at defending Watch Dogs lol....not. You haven't even seen the PS3 version for Christ sake's, so keep your gob shut at things you don't know about. It looks disgraceful.....even for an open world game like that. V DEMOLISHES WD in the current gen in terms of graphics. It will even in next gen. Wait and see.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 18 October 2013 - 09:57 PM.

And you are good at defending Watch Dogs lol....not. You haven't even seen the PS3 version for Christ sake's, so keep your gob shut at things you don't know about. It looks disgraceful.....even for an open world game like that. V DEMOLISHES WD in the current gen in terms of graphics. It will even in next gen. Wait and see.

The only PS3 gameplay it's a trailer less than 1 minute which I have seen more times than you think. Wait to see more of it and you'll see ain't all that ''disgraceful''. You are delusional if you think ''V demolishes WD in the current gen'', there is a difference of course, V is more ''warm'' and pleasant while WD is darker and colder but it still manages to close up to GTA V. You're the one who should wait and see more WD gameplay on current gen

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

I thought that GTA V would be Outstanding, it wasn't, it was just amazing.

Maybe Watch Dogs will be outstanding, or not.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Aaaaand how is GTA different?? The basic idea of all GTA games is steal this car, drive it around until you blow it, steal another one, buy a weapon and kill people, do missions, play some random side stuff, kill more people and repeat

That formula has kept me interested in GTA for the past 12 years :)

The only difference with GTAV, is you have to add, "being hounded mercilessly by the cops" when you try to do that other stuff you mentioned .  :pp

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

A lot of fanboys in this topic.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

The only PS3 gameplay it's a trailer less than 1 minute which I have seen more times than you think. Wait to see more of it and you'll see ain't all that ''disgraceful''. You are delusional if you think ''V demolishes WD in the current gen'', there is a difference of course, V is more ''warm'' and pleasant while WD is darker and colder but it still manages to close up to GTA V. You're the one who should wait and see more WD gameplay on current gen

GTA V has better lighting system and is better overall graphically. If you even actually saw the PS3 trailer, it looks like Saints Row's graphics CLEARLY. So stop acting delusional. Next Gen is a different story though.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Watch Dogs never caught my attention.  Sure, the next gen graphics look nice, but the gameplay looks a little... meh.  It doesn't seem to have a lot of replay value.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

They just want a larger install base for the consoles. Many people will get a next gen console over the holidays so more people with a PS4 or XBox one means more sales for Watch Dogs. It's smart business.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

^

Yeah but the thing is the only reason why people are interested is because they've been seeing the Next Gen version only. It's smart business but they are misleading people at the same time. I even know some people that think it's going to look exactly like the PS4 version on the PS3.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

GTA V has better lighting system and is better overall graphically. If you even actually saw the PS3 trailer, it looks like Saints Row's graphics CLEARLY. So stop acting delusional. Next Gen is a different story though.

Me acting delusional? I just looked up the internet and I saw a video that pretends to be ps3 footage http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lq3AfZv6ARU

People say it's PS3, others say it's PS4 and some say the supposed PS3 trailer was actually Wii U. Anyway, if this is PS3 footage I don't think you can still hold your statement

Here is some PS4 footage, http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v13VzWTSyjU where WD eats GTA V for breakfast but it's next gen so it doesn't count but the first video, if it really is PS3 then that is definitely looking better than GTA V, fact.

TGroves14
  • TGroves14

'AFK' Melee Murderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:04 PM Edited by TGroves14, 18 October 2013 - 11:05 PM.

There are too many huge games coming out this fall, it would be overshadowed by the likes of GTA V, AC4, and CoD. They're making a smart business decision, in other words they're a little scared.

Now, whether the games is actually good is a completely different subject.

considering CoD as a huge game, wtf

get the f*ck over it, yes your trying to be a rebel letting everyone kno you hate cod. Woohoo, nobody cares. We all kno it's overrated but yes, it will be one of the bigger game release this fall. Don't try to acted like it's not.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

[quote name="GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY" post="1063785811" timestamp="1382043120"]

Welcome to GTA forums. Where any and all sandbox games not made by R* are horrible and generic.

Exactly, ignorant people think Ubisoft's open world games are crap cause they ain't no GTA[/
quote]
What I love about this place is that it's the first to bitch about V being a disappointment with it's ton of mission only interiors and features and bugged multi-player, yet is the one to suck R*'s dick and defend them when something like Watch Dogs comes to the scene with fresh ideas.

Watch Dogs isn't a fresh idea! It's practically Assassins Creed with an identity crisis. Plus, Ubicock has lied way too many times for me to ever buy anything they make anymore! ACIII was f*cking abysmal! What did Ubif*cked say again? Oh, that's right that Anvil was far more compatible than their previous engine? Yeah, oh, so that's why the stupid dumb f*cks had to release not one but 2 patches in within the week? Let's not forget that most of the stuff Ubicock pressed on a disc was game breaking stuff? Oh, yeah Anvil sure is fantastic Ubisoft!

Plus, even with those patches, the game is still a f*cking mess! Constantly lags, which GTA V does not, constantly falling through the map, again rarely happens in a GTA game unless you find some way to make it glitch out. f*cking horses that disappear into the building and come out of the other end. Let's not forget how dreadful the stealth mechanic was in ACIII, literally the whole sense of using something to your advantage or taking strategic phases were completely none existent. For i.e. if you kill a single guard, even when you are hidden the guards somehow become alert and then you find yourself getting raped by 19 redcoats at once?

Essentially, they turned a game that originally had depth into a pathetic excuse to harbor the most ridiculous game design choices, that has the  most worst game breaking glitches since Skyrim, that has been defiled by Quick Time Events, instead of creating any sense of interactivity when an animal was about to attack, you're pretty much pressing one button which is the equivalence of pausing then unpausing a f*cking movie, where as GTA V has hardly any cheap game designs like QTE's at all, though there is essentially less wild life than Assassin's Creed, at least GTA V actually gives the player a sense of interactivity instead of resorting to having the same attack one button press nonsense with each animal you encounter in Assassin's Creed III. 

There are many other points I could make that show Ubisoft as a cheap, shoddy developer who's only invested in Activision's way of handling franchises now. It's all milk, it's not nice milk it's completely sour, the same kind of sour that just leaves a bad taste in your mouth! Ubisoft is never going to get my respect ever again, I mean they literally fired the guy who even made Assassin's Creed possible? I guess that's capitalism for you!

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

[quote name="GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY" post="1063785811" timestamp="1382043120"]

Welcome to GTA forums. Where any and all sandbox games not made by R* are horrible and generic.
Exactly, ignorant people think Ubisoft's open world games are crap cause they ain't no GTA[/
quote]
What I love about this place is that it's the first to bitch about V being a disappointment with it's ton of mission only interiors and features and bugged multi-player, yet is the one to suck R*'s dick and defend them when something like Watch Dogs comes to the scene with fresh ideas.

Watch Dogs isn't a fresh idea! It's practically Assassins Creed with an identity crisis. Plus, Ubicock has lied way too many times for me to ever buy anything they make anymore! ACIII was f*cking abysmal! What did Ubif*cked say again? Oh, that's right that Anvil was far more compatible than their previous engine? Yeah, oh, so that's why the stupid dumb f*cks had to release not one but 2 patches in within the week? Let's not forget that most of the stuff Ubicock pressed on a disc was game breaking stuff? Oh, yeah Anvil sure is fantastic Ubisoft!

Plus, even with those patches, the game is still a f*cking mess! Constantly lags, which GTA V does not, constantly falling through the map, again rarely happens in a GTA game unless you find some way to make it glitch out. f*cking horses that disappear into the building and come out of the other end. Let's not forget how dreadful the stealth mechanic was in ACIII, literally the whole sense of using something to your advantage or taking strategic phases were completely none existent. For i.e. if you kill a single guard, even when you are hidden the guards somehow become alert and then you find yourself getting raped by 19 redcoats at once?

Essentially, they turned a game that originally had depth into a pathetic excuse to harbor the most ridiculous game design choices, that has the  most worst game breaking glitches since Skyrim, that has been defiled by Quick Time Events, instead of creating any sense of interactivity when an animal was about to attack, you're pretty much pressing one button which is the equivalence of pausing then unpausing a f*cking movie, where as GTA V has hardly any cheap game designs like QTE's at all, though there is essentially less wild life than Assassin's Creed, at least GTA V actually gives the player a sense of interactivity instead of resorting to having the same attack one button press nonsense with each animal you encounter in Assassin's Creed III. 

There are many other points I could make that show Ubisoft as a cheap, shoddy developer who's only invested in Activision's way of handling franchises now. It's all milk, it's not nice milk it's completely sour, the same kind of sour that just leaves a bad taste in your mouth! Ubisoft is never going to get my respect ever again, I mean they literally fired the guy who even made Assassin's Creed possible? I guess that's capitalism for you!

Assassin's Creed with an identity crisis? What? That's like saying Red Dead Redemption is GTA with an identity crisis.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Do not listen to FrankelinDeRosevelt he is a self confessed fanboy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users