Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Assassins Creed died with Altair

Typo fixed. 

They should never have dragged out Ezio for three games. They should have moved on straight after 2. It set a nasty precedent and turned this franchise into the action genre Madden. Dull, incremental innovation that really didn't add much to the game. In fact, they took away more in 3 by locating it where they did than they added with the pirate ships. AC4 just looks like a joke. 

'We're taking the only fun part of Ac3, a minigame, and basing the whole next game around it, whilst overlooking the fact that we've ended the backstory... so we're just inventing a new one of those, even though Desmond's story was finished in a really disappointing way. 

So you say they should have moved on since 2 because it was becoming repetitive and dull and now that AC4 is the biggest change in the series you say it's a joke, what exactly do you want it to be?? Ubisoft worked on it since the summer of 2011 and at first they wanted to make a pirate game but they decided to include the concept in the next AC game which is 4 and so make like 2 games in one. It has everything the previous games had plus the naval battle which is a completely different experience. In fact you haven't even played it yet and you say it's a ''joke'' already 

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

It looked like a terrible game as it was, and now it's delayed so far into the future I'll forget about it altogether...

I'm more looking forward to Mario Kart 8 on Wii U

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Assassins Creed died with Altair

Typo fixed. 

They should never have dragged out Ezio for three games. They should have moved on straight after 2. It set a nasty precedent and turned this franchise into the action genre Madden. Dull, incremental innovation that really didn't add much to the game. In fact, they took away more in 3 by locating it where they did than they added with the pirate ships. AC4 just looks like a joke. 

'We're taking the only fun part of Ac3, a minigame, and basing the whole next game around it, whilst overlooking the fact that we've ended the backstory... so we're just inventing a new one of those, even though Desmond's story was finished in a really disappointing way. 

So you say they should have moved on since 2 because it was becoming repetitive and dull and now that AC4 is the biggest change in the series you say it's a joke, what exactly do you want it to be?? Ubisoft worked on it since the summer of 2011 and at first they wanted to make a pirate game but they decided to include the concept in the next AC game which is 4 and so make like 2 games in one. It has everything the previous games had plus the naval battle which is a completely different experience. In fact you haven't even played it yet and you say it's a ''joke'' already 

Well, the main problem for me was that the most interesting thing in the game, the climbing, was pretty much removed in AC3. Sure, you could run through 10 trees and climb a cliff, and climb up some 3 story shacks... but where were the huge structures of 1 and 2? The things that made the climbing exciting... the climbing that made my GF get vertigo while she watched me play. The more they go into areas where climbing is less possible, the less fun it becomes. 

But that's besides the point here. We're supposed to be discussing whether you're still excited for WD after it was delayed, and whether playing GTA V has affected your expectations. 

So let's get back to that. I'm sure we could pick up in Gen Chat's gaming area if you want to discuss the AC series more!

plz honor me
  • plz honor me

that guy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

after what happend to gta 5 im glad they are making  sure everything is fine.. rather then geting a half broken / half working game..

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Many of you criticize GTA IV for it's dull and bland colour scheme... well Watch Dogs is looking exactly the same! But you're not complaining now? It's just Liberty City with some futuristic Assassins Creed type bullsh*t thrown in...

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

after what happend to gta 5 im glad they are making  sure everything is fine.. rather then geting a half broken / half working game..

I think people are taking issue with the fact that they are pulling a game that was supposed to release with the next gen consoles, f*cking up many, many pre-order bundles. A lot of people are buying those new consoles to get Watch Dogs. They're not going to get Watch Dogs. They're going to get a game they don't want as much (Wheeee, FIFA! YEAY, THAT'S NEW!)

I'm sure WD will work just fine when it drops, but will still have bugs and will still disappoint lots of people. That's the nature of games when the audience have unrealistically high expectations and don't account for the fact that games, despite all the efforts put into them, can not be perfect. 

When R* delayed V they gave more than a month's notice. And they were very transparent about it. And they weren't risking f*cking up a bunch of pre-orders and, potentially, the overall initial sales of a new generation of hardware. 

• jamieleng likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

you haven't even played it yet and you say it's a ''joke'' already 

how many times have people heard this? " you havent even played it yet " " how can you judge "

and then we play it and guess what? its still a joke

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

It looked like a terrible game as it was, and now it's delayed so far into the future I'll forget about it altogether...

I'm more looking forward to Mario Kart 8 on Wii U

Good we wont miss you. More open world.games please,

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Many of you criticize GTA IV for it's dull and bland colour scheme... well Watch Dogs is looking exactly the same! But you're not complaining now? It's just Liberty City with some futuristic Assassins Creed type bullsh*t thrown in...

On occasions, the game looks photorealistic! But there's that dark, dreary vibe. I loved IV for that and I will love Watch_Dogs for that.

No it isn't Liberty City. None of the GTA cities come close to the level of detailing that Watch_Dogs has. ..And none of the GTA cities have been as big as Chicago in Watch Dogs; add the countryside in, too.

Oh, and no, it isn't that far-fetched ( http://www.polygon.c...h-dogs-invasion ).

Now, let's talk about the games ( GTA V and WD ) themselves: Which game has better animations? Hands down, Watch Dogs. Which game has the better vehicle physics? Watch Dogs ( go check out the recent videos ); Ubi even have confirmed multiple times that they aren't dishing out arcade mechanics. Which game has better all round physics? WD - wind/water simulation, for example, are almost revolutionary. Which game actually has got innovation? Watch Dogs.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

how many times have people heard this? " you havent even played it yet " " how can you judge "

Their first attempt at modern sandbox, where were rockstar on their first attempt, 2d, typical rockstar fanboy

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

their first attempt at making a gta like clone that's what the hell they doing

and you're the only one here showing your fanboyism

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Their first attempt at modern sandbox, where were rockstar on their first attempt, 2d, typical rockstar fanboy

Yeah, it's unbelievable that they didn't do something to the standard of Watch Dogs back in 1997, when 3D games were still in their infancy.

Have a think before you type, bro. Otherwise you say stupid things. 

abc50010
  • abc50010

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

what does this have to do with GTA V?

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

[quote name="Skizzo45" post="1063793141" timestamp="1382095108"]

[quote name="GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY" post="1063785811" timestamp="1382043120"]

Welcome to GTA forums. Where any and all sandbox games not made by R* are horrible and generic.[/quote]
Exactly, ignorant people think Ubisoft's open world games are crap cause they ain't no GTA[/
quote]
What I love about this place is that it's the first to bitch about V being a disappointment with it's ton of mission only interiors and features and bugged multi-player, yet is the one to suck R*'s dick and defend them when something like Watch Dogs comes to the scene with fresh ideas.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

what does this have to do with GTA V?

I wanted to know how people felt about this, in relation to V's delay. It's relevant. 

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Then good luck playing something else that ain't a joke

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

On occasions, the game looks photorealistic! But there's that dark, dreary vibe. I loved IV for that and I will love Watch_Dogs for that.

No it isn't Liberty City. None of the GTA cities come close to the level of detailing that Watch_Dogs has. ..And none of the GTA cities have been as big as Chicago in Watch Dogs; add the countryside in, too.

Oh, and no, it isn't that far-fetched ( http://www.polygon.c...h-dogs-invasion ).

Now, let's talk about the games ( GTA V and WD ) themselves: Which game has better animations? Hands down, Watch Dogs. Which game has the better vehicle physics? Watch Dogs ( go check out the recent videos ); Ubi even have confirmed multiple times that they aren't dishing out arcade mechanics. Which game has better all round physics? WD - wind/water simulation, for example, are almost revolutionary. Which game actually has got innovation? Watch Dogs.

:^:

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 18 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Many of you criticize GTA IV for it's dull and bland colour scheme... well Watch Dogs is looking exactly the same! But you're not complaining now? It's just Liberty City with sometic  futuristic Assassins Creed type bullsh*t thrown in...

Watch Dogs looks at least 2X better than GTA V and 4X better than GTA 4. It has some of the most realistic graphics I've ever seen and there is no AC ''bullsh*t'' in there whatsoever

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Watch Dogs looks at least 2X better than GTA V and 4X better than GTA 4. It has some of the most realistic graphics I've ever seen and there is no AC ''bullsh*t'' in there whatsoever

You've seen the current gen versions, then, I take it?

Not just the next-gen version that they've been using for all the promo stuff. 

This:

Because to my eyes, that doesn't look as good as V. 

No wonder it looks so great... it's running on better hardware. 

/argument. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

ac4 will be badass... however, ubisoft and their uplay crap and online play is horrible. im sure watch dogs will be amazing on a new console, but then again, so will gta.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

CrotchDawgs looks pretty.  the very first new gen games always look pretty, but game-play wise aren't all that.

The faux hacking seems better fit for a decade ago during the MATRIX movies craze, but we'll see... 

alexx720
  • alexx720

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by alexx720, 18 October 2013 - 03:27 PM.

GTA V > crapchtdogs :miranda:

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

You've seen the current gen versions, then, I take it?

Not just the next-gen version that they've been using for all the promo stuff. 

This:

Because to my eyes, that doesn't look as good as V. 

No wonder it looks so great... it's running on better hardware. 

/argument. 

Even with the delay, Watch Dogs is pretty much the only game that makes me want a next gen console. Seeing that footage of it running on this generation of consoles looks like it was thrown together in 20 minutes. I hope they use that time to better the PS3/Xbox 360 version too.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Gullible much.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Why do people bother asking about other games on this particular forum? Not only do we have a game discussions thing, but you know that 90% of your answers are going to be "(Insert game here) sucks, GTA V rules above all) and sh*t.

It's pointless to ask that question here. All GTA game related forums are just going to be a circle jerk for that particular game.

I love GTA V, but that doesn't mean I can call fanboyism when I see it.

• Ferocious Banger likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

This only proves that Rockstar has EARNED their reputation as a great developer.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Lol, Far cry 3, latest Assassins Creed games, and Watch Dogs share the exact same basic idea.
Go here hack/take control over/climb this building, unlock map. Do missions, be agile, kill people
Thats it

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Gullible much.

Nah, not gullible. It's just that, unlike the majority of you folks, I've been following the game very, very closely. So, I have a better idea about Watch Dogs than most of you fanboys ( no personal offense intended ).

Oh, and this game has been in development for five freakin' years now! So, it isn't you regular 'AC game'.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Watch Dogs has impressed me so far, so I am glad they delayed it to take time to iron out some bugs

this

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

their first attempt at making a gta like clone that's what the hell they doing

and you're the only one here showing your fanboyism

first of all how is this a gta clone? I don't see three main characters doing heist, and gameplay looks different then most sandbox games. You're showing your fanboyism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users