Photo

Watch Dogs delayed, Ubisoft stocks slaughtered

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic
streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by streetx1xracer, 17 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Gta 5 was delayed, take two stocks suffered.

Gta5 was delayed to polish, watch dogs delayed to polish.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Its not gonna be better than GTA V, ill bet money on it. So I dont really care about it

There first attempt....were was gta on its first attempt? sigh

nitr0monkey
  • nitr0monkey

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

There are too many huge games coming out this fall, it would be overshadowed by the likes of GTA V, AC4, and CoD. They're making a smart business decision, in other words they're a little scared.

Now, whether the games is actually good is a completely different subject.

considering CoD as a huge game, wtf

Whether we like it or not, CoD is one of the biggest franchises in Entertainment. Thing is, Activision will start to fail as a company this gen. WoW & CoD are being usurped & they have nothing to replace them. If you own shares, sell, sell, sell!

Yeah so let's consider it as a big seller and not a huge game, for me CoD is just a stupid shooting game full of 10 years old boys and the 10 Dlc per month even if they finally decide to change their graph for me it's still the same crap

You mean just like GTAO?

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by jptawok, 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

If GTA has taught you fools anything, now is a great time to invest.  I'm gonna snag a handful of shares, personally.

Edit: Especially since you know it's bound to recover.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

UbiSoft has been failing a lot recently..splinter cell blacklist was short and boring...AC3 was horrible and cheaply made and was disapointing...
And now another fail with watchdogs...

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Stocks plummeted because many were buying it as their launch title for the next gen consoles. Also Ubisoft announced the delay a MONTH before release. Rockstar gave us plenty of notice.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

FAR CRY 5 - FEB 27th, 2018

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

They DESERVE IT! It was a very rude and disrespectful move, and I really don't give a sh*t about their motives!

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ubisoft should cancel this game and make Far Cry 4

exactly! FC3 was one game they did do right!

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Its not gonna be better than GTA V, ill bet money on it. So I dont really care about it

There first attempt....were was gta on its first attempt? sigh

it wouldn't be a first attempt cause they already made AC

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

They DESERVE IT! It was a very rude and disrespectful move, and I really don't give a sh*t about their motives!

It's not a rude and disrespectful move you dumbass, would you rather they rush it and have a buggy ass game like GTA Online?

• jptawok likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

It's not a rude and disrespectful move you dumbass, would you rather they rush it and have a buggy ass game like GTA Online?
Yes it is, they've already allowed masses of people to pre order it, some with their next gen consoles. The game is already finished, they just decided now is a bad time to release due to GTA. If they knew they wouldn't have it finished on time they'd have known far sooner than a month. It looks sh*t anyway.

Also lol
[IMG]http://www.game-deba...5043_343179.jpg[IMG]

The master of you all
  • The master of you all

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

No one cares what your opinon is. f*cking ugly idiot.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by biggsull, 17 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

Sorry if this has already been covered on here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-24554511

I find it interesting that it absolutely killed their stock price when they announced the delay. I don't recall this happening to TakeTwo or R* when GTA V was delayed. Maybe that's indicative of R*'s clout. 

Watch Dogs, for me, always looked  kind of  interesting, but nothing special. It has a few good ideas that we've seen so far, but other than that, it just looks like a fairly standard Big City Sandbox game. Like Prototype, or InFamous. Pretenders to the crown, basically. 

Has this weakened anyone's excitement for the game? Are people going to start freaking the f*ck out like they did when GTA V was delayed to September?

What's your take? Still psyched for it, or losing interest? Personally, I'm losing interest rapidly... though of course, that may just be the effect of having finally played and been, ultimately, incredibly satisfied with GTA V. 

Ive seen nothing but a picture with a dude and I think he had a phone, it was like some hacker version of gta at best from my fresh eyes.

Looks gay, totally not interested. If it looked like a good game I might actually buy some of that cheap stock.

I wouldn't doubt they get picked up by EA for this failure.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by King Kapone, 17 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

While this isn't necessarily the appropriate forum for the game, I am looking forward to Watch Dogs and am glad they're taking the extra time. Same way I feel when GTA games are delayed.

edit

I find it interesting that it absolutely killed their stock price when they announced the delay. I don't recall this happening to TakeTwo or R* when GTA V was delayed. Maybe that's indicative of R*'s clout.

Oh and GTA V's delay did cause market issues. Take Two's share price fell and so did Gamestop's, as a matter of fact.

JWitfield
  • JWitfield

Killer of Idiots with Trainers

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

It made a billion dollars.. Just shows any idiot would buy garbage with the right name attached to it..

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 17 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Say what you say, Ubisoft is one of the best developers out there, bigger than R*

For you guys to know, there is a lot more to WD than it seems at the first look, if you take it like "This isn't like GTA so I don't bother" then you have to be an ignorant fool

They already have and end planned for AC and just because it comes out every year that doesn't mean they rush it and develop it in one single year, Ubisoft has multiple studios all around the world that are working on multiple games at the same time.

I do admit they should take more time and focus more sometimes but just because you have to wait half a decade for a game that doesn't mean it's going to be good. Their next-gen games look very promising and being next-gen they also look better than GTA V, but sure won't play the same as nothing plays like GTA

At least Watch Dogs wasn't over-hyped through the roof like GTA V

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

except it kinda is

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Say what you say, Ubisoft is one of the best developers out there, bigger than R*

For you guys to know, there is a lot more to WD than it seems at the first look, if you take it like "This isn't like GTA so I don't bother" then you have to be an ignorant fool

They already have and end planned for AC and just because it comes out every year that doesn't mean they rush it and develop it in one single year, Ubisoft has multiple studios all around the world that are working on multiple games at the same time.

I do admit they should take more time and focus more sometimes but just because you have to wait half a decade for a game that doesn't mean it's going to be good. Their next-gen games look very promising and being next-gen they also look better than GTA V, but sure won't play the same as nothing plays like GTA

Assassins Creed died with Ezio.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

exactly! FC3 was one game they did do right!

That's because they gave the game plenty of development time & it showed. Far Cry 2 was released the same year as GTA IV & Far Cry 3 was released a year before GTA V. They then released Blood Dragon, which utilized the FC3 engine, but was different enough to be considered more than just dlc. 

If Ubisoft were like that for all their games, I'd have a lot more faith & respect in/for them.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 17 October 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Watch Dogs DOES look promising but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be like their worst franchise so far, ASSassins GREED. sh*ttest franchise I have ever seen after Brotherhood. 2 and BH were amazing. It all went down the drain and I now recognise them as EA wannabe's. Far Cry 3 is very good though. But they are going to milk that as well. They have already planned a 10 year plan for watch dogs btw. So it's pretty much dead already.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

In the midst of GTA V I forgot WD even existed lol

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Far Cry 3 and InFamous are some damn good games.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Welcome to GTA forums. Where any and all sandbox games not made by R* are horrible and generic.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Sorry if this has already been covered on here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-24554511

Watch Dogs, for me, always looked  kind of  interesting, but nothing special. It has a few good ideas that we've seen so far, but other than that, it just looks like a fairly standard Big City Sandbox game. Like Prototype, or InFamous. Pretenders to the crown, basically. 

Has this weakened anyone's excitement for the game? Are people going to start freaking the f*ck out like they did when GTA V was delayed to September?

What's your take? Still psyched for it, or losing interest? Personally, I'm losing interest rapidly... though of course, that may just be the effect of having finally played and been, ultimately, incredibly satisfied with GTA V. 

TTWO stock tanked from about $9 to about $8 with a large trading volume, on 1 August 2012, immediately after the TTWO finance telecon where they made virtually no mention of GTAV.  That was after a long slide from $16 to $9, starting in March 2012, when it became obvious that the GTAV Trailer #1 was a deceptive (but incredibly successful) tactic to focus attention on TTWO and Max Payne 3, with total silence from Rockstar regarding the the flagship GTA product line. 

http://finance.yahoo...urce=undefined;

So, in essence, the TTWO / Rockstar deception due to GTAV Trailer #1 hit TTWO's stock price harder than the Watch Dogs delay announcement has Ubisoft - it just took a few months. 

Later, as it became inevitable that GTAV would exist someday, the investors started baking in the future $1B revenue stream, starting in August 2012.  Ironically, when the GTAV delay was announced in Feb 2013, TTWO stock price jumped up from $12.50 to $15, because TTWO / Rockstar finally acknowledged the existence of the game. 

http://finance.yahoo...urce=undefined;

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Them fa**ots

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Rockstar, can you please patch GTAV to include Ubisoft stocks? I hear they plummeted and I'd like Michael to buy them up so I can work my way up to affording that sweet golf course! :)
  • saintsrow likes this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

Assassins Creed died with Ezio.

No it didn't. Is just your false belief that any other AC that doesn't have EZIO as a main character is a fail because he was the one that played in 3 titles and people became attached to him but if Ubisoft made AC3 and 4 to have him as the main character again people would whine and bitch that they try to shove the same thing over and over down our throats. No that Black Flag is completely different people say it's sh*t but if it was the same they would still complain. 

You can't have the same character forever.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Welcome to GTA forums. Where any and all sandbox games not made by R* are horrible and generic.

Exactly, ignorant people think Ubisoft's open world games are crap cause they ain't no GTA

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

except it kinda is

What?? I don't see anyone freaking the f*ck out everytime Ubisoft releases a trailer or screenshot and start analising every single frame or pixel to discover more of it. I deon't see to many speculation videos talking about fake sh*t to generate hype. And that is because Ubisoft didn't announce it too early and it is a fresh new title that nobody knows how it's gonna be

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Assassins Creed died with Altair

Typo fixed. 

They should never have dragged out Ezio for three games. They should have moved on straight after 2. It set a nasty precedent and turned this franchise into the action genre Madden. Dull, incremental innovation that really didn't add much to the game. In fact, they took away more in 3 by locating it where they did than they added with the pirate ships. AC4 just looks like a joke. 

'We're taking the only fun part of Ac3, a minigame, and basing the whole next game around it, whilst overlooking the fact that we've ended the backstory... so we're just inventing a new one of those, even though Desmond's story was finished in a really disappointing way. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users